CSRA Employee Reviews

Lack of Structure
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Current Employee) –  Bossier City, LASeptember 21, 2017
It was a great place to work until unqualified individuals were given roles as managers. Favoritism plays a big part in career advancement and job roles. Pay is horrible for a government agency. You will not receive a raise, you will only receive a raise if the president says the cost of living has went up.
Pros
Closed On Weekends and Federal Holidays
Cons
Poor Management
Excellent Job
ISSM (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 20, 2017
Was able to work unsupervised as a lead Instructor and travel. Worked in professional environment with professionals. Met some great people at all levels of Management.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Long commute to work
Poor management
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Bossier City, LA 71111September 20, 2017
Corporate office is too far removed from local site to make an impact on managers who lack the necessary leadership and communication skills to run an organization of this size.
I miss the work
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Fort Dix, NJSeptember 16, 2017
I enjoyed working there. I had no complaints with the staff or students. I enjoyed have to create new things to make things easier for the staff. I interacted with new students and officers that came to us for assistance and training. I would accept a position with them again if one came available.
Many projects, interesting work
Systems Engineer, Secret Clearance (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 15, 2017
Overall a good place to work. Many different projects in a wide array of industries, and stable contracts. Nice to work directly with the customer (federal government) and have hands-on experience.
Company in transition
Solution Architect (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VASeptember 12, 2017
CSRA is a product of a merger between CSC Government and SRA. To stay competitive pre-merger, CSC laid off workers, cut benefits and froze wages. These changes are still being felt today and causing morale to be somewhat low. The company is also upgrading its internal HR systems, which is sorely needed but painful in the process. Like may companies, a survey was distributed to employees and my comments highlight some of the results. If management makes changes according to the survey feedback and improve benefits and job security, then it will be a very desirable place to work.
Pros
Corporate Partners
Cons
Job Security, benefits
Csra
Senior Recruiter/Talent Advisor (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VASeptember 12, 2017
Not the greatest place to work. Long hours, little pay. The company changed completely after the merger and the culture to changed which is one of the reasons I gave it such a low rating
Federal consulting
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VASeptember 6, 2017
CSRA is a good company to work for and I had a great deal of exposure to various federal clients. The location is good and provided a good network of people.
Risk Management Advisor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 6, 2017
Productive workplace with very nice co-workers. Nice atmosphere and management is great. Warm and inviting. Great benefits and the pay is wonderful. Nothing to complain about
Pros
Cons
Long commute
Challenging environment
Network Administrator I (Current Employee) –  KWSeptember 5, 2017
This company is nice to work for even with all it's challenges of being overseas. They try to make the work environment a nice place to be, but individuals are the one's that created the most drama.
Fast paced
Contract Worker - CDC (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 4, 2017
Must be a able to multi task. Understandable in management. Heavy call volume, Allows teleworking for independent employees. Equipment needed for position was giving. Great benefits.
Benefits
Cons
Heavy volume
Fun place to work seasonal job
In Person Assister (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 30, 2017
Great people, great management. The workflow was great. One supervisor a little on the "high strung" side, but still a great person to work for. It is a seasonal job but I would go back if called back.
Pros
The management great to work for
Cons
Location not so great
Not bad
Background Investigator II (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 28, 2017
I think the company really tries to give balance for the investigators. The OPM contract is a complex contract. There are always changes.

I do think the pay is low for what is required of the contract. Some cases take a lot to complete and the pay does not reflect.
Pros
working from home
Cons
pay
Great Company
Technical Writer/Agile Program Support (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAAugust 25, 2017
This is a great company to work for and I highly recommend that individuals seek employment with CSRA. You will find that they are a very flexible company.
it's OK
Tier II IT Specialist (contractor) (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 25, 2017
Ok company to work for. Lots of issues if working for a government contract. They provide good benefits, but very similar to any other large corporation.
Good company to work for
System Architect Principal(Data Architect) (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 22, 2017
CSRA is a good company to work for. They have many projects in defense sector. So, you may need a security clearance to work for CSRA.
CSRA should sponsor security clearance for its employees.
Pros
Good Benefits, Good salary, Good work life balance
Cons
No sick leaves, Most of the projects need security clerance
I can't believe this place has 3.5 stars
HR (Current Employee) –  RemoteAugust 22, 2017
I've been with the company for several years. I'm constantly at risk of being laid off because of poor management choices and loss of work. I am currently at risk, and my entire team will be laid off in a month unless we scramble to find other internal jobs. I've been nothing but an exemplary employee with the highest possible performance reviews for my entire tenure at the company. I haven't received an increase in 3 years. The only thing that has kept me here this long is the opportunity to work remotely. It doesn't matter how committed I am or how good of a job I do. There is no opportunity for advancement. I am completely pigeonholed in my current position because the career path doesn't allow me to learn any new skills outside of my current box, making it difficult to find work elsewhere. Do not take a job with CSRA.
Pros
remote option
Cons
no loyalty, only concern is the bottom line, no opportunity for advancement, no job security
Great Project, but company in transition
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington/Metro, DCAugust 22, 2017
Great people on my original project. Company is completing a merge and working out kinks. Ok benefits but the administration surrounding benefit packages is very patchy.
Pros
People
Cons
No internal mobility.
Lots of assignment opportunities
Transition Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MarylandAugust 19, 2017
Worked for CSC/CSRA for 15 + years. Experienced diverse groups of people, opportunities for training and projects that impacted immigration and asylum in the US.
Very great pay, not so great with understanding employee life events
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LA 71111August 15, 2017
The employer offers great benefits but are a little misleading when it comes to your pay grade and scheduling. This is a great job for someone who can adhere to very strict policies and have an open availability.