CSU Northridge

CSU Northridge Employer Reviews

Energetic office always providing new stimulating tasks
Multimedia Student Assistant (Current Employee), Northridge, CASeptember 29, 2014
Pros: free food, great co-workers, flexible hours, access to knowledge
Cons: limited to 20 hours a week because i am a student
In a work day I generally split my day into three to four projects. My days always flow from one meeting/project to the next. I work with a variety of people from across campus, which I love because I get to explore many areas of learning and teaching that I would not have had the opportunity to experience otherwise.

This job has challenged me, and therefore taught me, how to schedule and keep in contact with both co-workers and clients. It has reenforced the importance of relationships and communication in keeping track of projects.

The management is very friendly but sometimes too linnet. Many times people come to work late or leave early. It is a nice relaxed environment but sometimes I feel that I like the responsibility of being accountable.

My co-workers are all very friendly and intelligent. Each of my co-workers is highly knowledgable and really puts their best into their job. I come to work every day glad to see them and to be working with them.

The hardest part of my job is keeping track of which changes faculty want made to which projects. But this has been a great lesson for me to keep a record of all meetings I have.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the changing atmosphere day to day and the knowledge that I receive. Every day that I work I learn a new skill or lesson that I know will help me reach the professional level I would like to reach. This job is always changing and therefore the challenges are always new. This helps my brain stay active and flexible and I am really grateful for that.
Flexible schedule
Student Assistant/Archives Assistant (Current Employee), Northridge, CAJanuary 16, 2014
I enjoy learning about some of the history in LA. What I do here let's me do that.
School
Student Nurse (Former Employee), Northridge, CAJune 18, 2013
Demanding program. Some teachers great, others not so much.
Great atmosphere and firendly people
Laboratory Student (Former Employee), Northridge, CAMarch 28, 2012
Pros: available resources, friendly staff, enthusiastic environment
While attending CSU Northridge, I obtained a great amount knowledge and skill in laboratory procedures and biological knowledge. Great professors and fellow students, was truly the pinnacle of my college experience.