CSU Northridge Employee Reviews

Great place to teach
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAJuly 31, 2017
I typically taught two classes per day, with minimal supervision. The culture at CSUN was very relaxed and friendly, and my colleagues were supportive and interested in discussing methodologies and curriculum revisions.
Pros
great team spirit
Cons
lack of benefits
I love csun
Introductory Biology Laboratory Instructor (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CAMarch 28, 2017
I have been a student at CSUN for both undergraduate and graduate degrees. It is an excellent institution. The campus is beautiful and new buildings are always being added.
Rapid Changes in higher administration
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CASeptember 29, 2016
Rapid changes occurring within administration, compensation needs to improve. Students are extremely involved on campus (Positive), staff is friendly. CSUN has a rich culture especially the 60's when ethnic studies were starting to emerge.
Pros
Diverse and student active campus.
Cons
Compensation needs to improve
Credential Office
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CASeptember 20, 2016
I worked as a student assistant for several years. The staff and my coworkers were always fairly easygoing and good to work with and for. I learned a great deal of organizational skills.
Lead Custodian (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CASeptember 18, 2016
This is a State job, great benefits, great pay, and great area to work and retire. Occasional problems just like any other place. Overall great place, awesome co-workers
Great Place to work
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CAJuly 27, 2016
Wonderful place to work. Great management and great overall environment. Excellent benefits and compensation.
Productive and Fun workplace
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CAApril 4, 2016
Management team is awesome, always willing to help you with their available resources. Most enjoyable part of the job is seeing campus life in action and seeing what all the extra student fees go to.
Professional University Occupation
Public Relations & Social Media Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAJanuary 3, 2016
Working for California State University, Northridge as a student assistant provided me with a safety net of income. It is extremely difficult for a full time student to balance school work and a part time job outside of campus, but working for the university, they prioritized your job schedule around your classes. Working for CSUN was a blessing.
Pros
Work Study, Holidays Off
The hardesr part of the job was dealing with the clients but after all that is how office envioemnts are.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Brown CenterSeptember 22, 2015
The office was a fun loving eviorment and the staff was very helpful and everyday was a learning experience. And every one was very patient and understanding.
Pros
Holidays
Cons
Hours
Learn new skills
RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAFebruary 2, 2015
Learned alot from professors how to apply everyday skills into lab techniques. Provided alot of background knowledge and offered assistance frequently.
Energetic office always providing new stimulating tasks
Multimedia Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CASeptember 29, 2014
In a work day I generally split my day into three to four projects. My days always flow from one meeting/project to the next. I work with a variety of people from across campus, which I love because I get to explore many areas of learning and teaching that I would not have had the opportunity to experience otherwise.

This job has challenged me, and therefore taught me, how to schedule and keep in contact with both co-workers and clients. It has reenforced the importance of relationships and communication in keeping track of projects.

The management is very friendly but sometimes too linnet. Many times people come to work late or leave early. It is a nice relaxed environment but sometimes I feel that I like the responsibility of being accountable.

My co-workers are all very friendly and intelligent. Each of my co-workers is highly knowledgable and really puts their best into their job. I come to work every day glad to see them and to be working with them.

The hardest part of my job is keeping track of which changes faculty want made to which projects. But this has been a great lesson for me to keep a record of all meetings I have.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the changing atmosphere day to day and the knowledge that I receive. Every day that I work I learn a new skill or lesson that I know will help me reach the professional level I would like to reach. This job is always changing and therefore the challenges are always new. This helps my brain stay active and flexible and I am really grateful for that.
Pros
Free food, great co-workers, flexible hours, access to knowledge
Cons
Limited to 20 hours a week because I am a student
Flexible schedule
Student Assistant/Archives Assistant (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CAJanuary 16, 2014
I enjoy learning about some of the history in LA. What I do here let's me do that.
School
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAJune 18, 2013
Demanding program. Some teachers great, others not so much.
Great atmosphere and firendly people
Laboratory Student (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAMarch 28, 2012
While attending CSU Northridge, I obtained a great amount knowledge and skill in laboratory procedures and biological knowledge. Great professors and fellow students, was truly the pinnacle of my college experience.
Pros
available resources, friendly staff, enthusiastic environment