CSU Employee Reviews

flexable easy going work place
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJuly 21, 2016
Chem-way while I had children in school was a great place to work. I was able to come in and leave during flexible hours. My boss was was kind and understanding. Our customers were loyal customers that were easy to serve. I learned a lot about lawn care and how to deal with people both in-person and over the phone. The owner operated with great business ethics and never felt uncomfortable about my job. However wages and advancement were stagnant and that was my only complaint and was eventually the reason for my departure.
Pros
worked alone and unsupervised
Cons
no chance for wage increase and advancement
Challenging but wonderful working experience
Software Programmer/Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 14, 2016
1 A typical day involves a lot of research, mostly hit and trial to work through various hypothesis seeing their feasibility and applicability and also coming with new methods and ideas to be employed.
2 It was a great learning experience, apart from tools and new techniques, It thought me the work ethics as well as frameworks and industry standard practices for product development.
3 The professor i worked under is one of the nicest, innovative, ambitious and hardworking person, he was extremely helpful and down to earth person.
4 Unfortunately i was the only research assistant and so i have to do everything by my self. There were a few aspects of the research that required me to meet and take help from other departments or ask them to make something available but there was no scenario in which i could work with a team.
5 Doing everything alone and the sheer number of dead ends that mostly become visible when you reach there.
6 Research was itself enjoyable, learning new things and getting to know about new things that i didn't knew even existed was really interesting.
Pros
Easy going, interesting, good learning experience
Cons
Needed to do every thing alone, at times get depressing
Nature of Work
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAFebruary 17, 2016
Assisting professor in teaching and conducting labs for undergraduate engineering students.
Managing time and work is main task
Colorado State University
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJanuary 6, 2016
A typical day at work consists of checking appointments and notifying my supervisors. After that is done, I make sure that voice messages and emails are answered. In addition, I welcome students as they come in for their appointments with their assigned advisors. On a regular basis I have two appointments per hour with students. These appointments can be change of major appointments which require me to complete and submit all the paperwork so students can change their major. My responsibilities also include to aid students with any questions they may have in regards to schedules, graduation, classes, etc. I have learned to work with diverse populations, understand people's concerns, and open my mind to different scenarios. I have acquired great organizational and management skills in order to keep the office running smoothly, and help students as much as I can. The hardest part of my job is telling students that their graduation plans are not going to go as they have planned, however, I work really hard to try to work with their graduation plan as much as I can. The most enjoyable part of my job is changing students' majors and experiencing the joy they feel as they transition into a major that they enjoy.
Pros
Interaction with students, flexible schedules
Cons
Short breaks
Great experience
VITA Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Chico, CADecember 1, 2015
Fun work place with professional accounting group. Everybody work hard and help 100+ student to do the tax return in school.
Poorly managed
Construction Laborer (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, PAOctober 7, 2015
At the beginning, the company seemed to be thriving, but after a year the company was being poorly managed and as a result went bankrupt.
Pros
Rate jobs which paid very well.
Cons
Mismanagement of funds, checks bouncing
Responsible for teaching Strategic Marketing subject, assigning home-work and checking mid term and final exams. Work with diverse groups of students
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chico, CASeptember 10, 2015
Work with diverse groups of students on a regular basis to reiterate lessons learned during class, while continually monitoring comprehension.
Review assignments for accuracy and assist students in learning or recalling the necessary skills to achieve educational success.
Provide study skill and homework advice in order to ensure future success with assignments and exams.
Fun workplace just unorganized
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Nashville,TNJuly 30, 2015
I loved working at CSU. I met a lot of new people and my co workers became more like family. It was just very unorganized. Although It was a great company to work for. But I am now seeking a morning job. Whether its part time or full time. Either would be a blessing.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
short breaks
csu
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COJuly 10, 2015
this job also provide me a good understand of working with other that could help me do well with my wok. I always think that the jobs wasn't too bad because it was fun I got to know I a lot people that I never knew before and make more friends
Outdoor job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAJune 23, 2015
Mow lawns, edge, weedeat, leaf blow, hedge trim, hang out with co-workers & boss. Fun place to work and people to work with.
Good Opportunity While in College
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAJune 19, 2015
Working for the school was great while in college. After graduation, there were minimal employment opportunities in Chico
Fun envrionment
Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 16, 2015
Everyday I would tell myself that I was lucky to have work here. I met a lot of great people who have provided me with wonderful career advice and guidance.
CSU International Department
Global Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMay 28, 2015
Working as a global ambassador had to have been one of the most exciting and honoring jobs of all time. I was able to share my experience of studying abroad in China and discuss the academic challenges as well.
Productive but Stiffling
CSU anatomy and zoology research intern (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COApril 6, 2015
I asked for and took the position as I needed research experience. I ended up almost entirely doing only DNA agarose gels unrelated to the lab work as far as I knew/know. Eventually the lack of pay, lack of guidance, and not having project related work combined with some family deaths prompted me to leave.
Pros
Easy work, I am now very good at DNA agarose gels
Cons
Tedious, unpaid
Provided me a great learning
Engineering Tutor (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COMarch 9, 2015
Tutoring students always allow you to learn more about a subject that you already knew. Additionally, since you want to be accurate on the information you give students, you are constantly checking your old notes and after a while you will never forget the formulas again.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Some students will come to ask for answers
Enjoyable, self-managed job
Math Tutor, PACe (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COFebruary 26, 2015
I began tutoring students in PACe math and Business Calculus when a few of my friends were struggling in their classes. I volunteered to help them and after receiving very encouraging feedback about my abilities as a math tutor, I began to help other students who were referred to me. I enjoyed helping students at math because it made me feel good to be able to help other people succeed in a subject which I love and excel at. I liked being able to set my own hours and I loved seeing the students that I helped succeed in their classes.
Productive place with alot of student ideas
Student Advisor (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COFebruary 2, 2015
Weekley check with students, setup workshops so students can keep their scholarship and signed off on confidental material.
Pros
Not to harsh dress code
Cons
In school, so was hard to get hours
Tour Guide (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAJanuary 28, 2015
Planning and giving tours
Team work
Giving tours to special populations
Knowing the school's history
emailing
faxing
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Rockledge, FloridaJanuary 18, 2015
In my current position I am a critical care ICU nurse and I recover open heart patients and other thoracic surgeries. I have learned many skills that have helped me while obtaining my Masters in Nursing. The management has been very flexible with my schedules as to accommodate my school and my co-workers have been very helpful and supportive with my transition in positions. I have been able to work with some of the best nurses in this field. The hardest part of the job is the constant lifting of heavy patients with very little staff. One of the most rewarding parts of my job is to see patients that were sometimes almost dead from a severe MI and have this patient survive the surgery and walk out of our unit.
Pros
Great work environment, staff and management support
Cons
Staff nurse and I want to pursue a career as a nurse practitioner
CSU Chico is a Great college
Student (Former Employee) –  Chico, CANovember 3, 2014
#1 in California for School of Business - Great Instructors and overall good location
Pros
Great Instructors
Cons
Hot in summer

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CSU. Our community is ready to answer.