CSU Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
It was a work study for college and i loved it.
Mentor, Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COAugust 17, 2017
I learned great receptionist skills to go out into the real world and use my skills. I enjoyed everything about this job. There was nothing hard about it. The management was very supportive and helpful.
Pros
I got to do my school work to continue to succeed in my college career.
Cons
No cons
Fun job
University STEM Tutor (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAMay 22, 2017
It's a lot of fun working with peer students especially when you know that you're helping them to become successful in their academic studies. It's very fulfilling to know that you helped someone pass a class and become an independent learner.
student
Intern (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 15, 2017
Im a student at sacramento state. Its fun, love my teachers, great environment. I love my internship, I love working with the kids. Its really fun, all the people are great.
Pros
work with kids.
Great Job if you're low on funds & Residential Student
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 16, 2017
This job will burn you out so you have to have a good personality if you want to be a Resident Assistant. You will have to sacrifice some of your personal life and your academic life may suffer if you are not already the multitasking type. You get to live on campus for "free" (you have to work as an RA to pay it off) and your meals are paid for. Some Universities pay their Resident Assistant an hourly rate on top of living at the University for free, however, Coppin does not do that, so an extra job will benefit you.
Pros
Don't have to worry about Room & Board
Cons
Can be physically and mentally tiring.
Summary
Head Coach (Former Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CAApril 3, 2017
working with Fortune 500 companies, sourcing and recruiting the top talent locally and globally. Specializing in sourcing, recruiting, interviewing, pre-screening, and negotiating compensation for contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire. Sourcing passive and active candidates through Boolean searches, LinkedIn, Google+, social networking sites (Facebook/Twitter), user groups, forums, referrals, networking, job postings and more.
Great place and great people!!
STUDENT EMPLOYEE (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMarch 27, 2017
The work environment is fast-paced. Need to be able to take a joke and easy-going. Also need to be able to keep up working with the staff and the customer demands. The work and promotions are up to you. You take responsibility for your work. The people are really sociable and friendly, as long as you do your part while on your shift.
Productive and Fun place
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 16, 2017
I have learned a lot of important things which helps a lot to build my successful career. We usually have fun with the fellow employees because we love what we are doing.
Fresno Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 12, 2017
I love everything about working here. You will also find that it is a great way to net work. They will also work around your school schedule- max of hour per week.
Effecient campus and amicable professors
Web Developer Intern (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 5, 2017
Two of my family members have graduated and have been successful. Personally, so far, I have been thoroughly stimulated by the personable, professional professors.
Pros
Compensated RA campus job
Cons
Bad weather
Ambiente tranquilo
Estagiário (Former Employee) –  Arcata, CAOctober 3, 2016
Era um lugar bem calmo e agradável de se trabalhar, sem estresse.
flexable easy going work place
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJuly 21, 2016
Chem-way while I had children in school was a great place to work. I was able to come in and leave during flexible hours. My boss was was kind and understanding. Our customers were loyal customers that were easy to serve. I learned a lot about lawn care and how to deal with people both in-person and over the phone. The owner operated with great business ethics and never felt uncomfortable about my job. However wages and advancement were stagnant and that was my only complaint and was eventually the reason for my departure.
Pros
worked alone and unsupervised
Cons
no chance for wage increase and advancement
Challenging but wonderful working experience
Software Programmer/Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 14, 2016
1 A typical day involves a lot of research, mostly hit and trial to work through various hypothesis seeing their feasibility and applicability and also coming with new methods and ideas to be employed.
2 It was a great learning experience, apart from tools and new techniques, It thought me the work ethics as well as frameworks and industry standard practices for product development.
3 The professor i worked under is one of the nicest, innovative, ambitious and hardworking person, he was extremely helpful and down to earth person.
4 Unfortunately i was the only research assistant and so i have to do everything by my self. There were a few aspects of the research that required me to meet and take help from other departments or ask them to make something available but there was no scenario in which i could work with a team.
5 Doing everything alone and the sheer number of dead ends that mostly become visible when you reach there.
6 Research was itself enjoyable, learning new things and getting to know about new things that i didn't knew even existed was really interesting.
Pros
Easy going, interesting, good learning experience
Cons
Needed to do every thing alone, at times get depressing
Nature of Work
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAFebruary 17, 2016
Assisting professor in teaching and conducting labs for undergraduate engineering students.
Managing time and work is main task
Colorado State University
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJanuary 6, 2016
A typical day at work consists of checking appointments and notifying my supervisors. After that is done, I make sure that voice messages and emails are answered. In addition, I welcome students as they come in for their appointments with their assigned advisors. On a regular basis I have two appointments per hour with students. These appointments can be change of major appointments which require me to complete and submit all the paperwork so students can change their major. My responsibilities also include to aid students with any questions they may have in regards to schedules, graduation, classes, etc. I have learned to work with diverse populations, understand people's concerns, and open my mind to different scenarios. I have acquired great organizational and management skills in order to keep the office running smoothly, and help students as much as I can. The hardest part of my job is telling students that their graduation plans are not going to go as they have planned, however, I work really hard to try to work with their graduation plan as much as I can. The most enjoyable part of my job is changing students' majors and experiencing the joy they feel as they transition into a major that they enjoy.
Pros
Interaction with students, flexible schedules
Cons
Short breaks
Interesting place to work
Opryland Hotel (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 9, 2015
This is a very physical job. Sometimes you are busy, sometimes you get to go home early. It's decent job for most, but definitely not for everybody. Got to meet and work with some interesting people.
Pros
Beneifts, free lunch
Cons
Physical aspect, pay, Having to rush, communication
Great experience
VITA Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Chico, CADecember 1, 2015
Fun work place with professional accounting group. Everybody work hard and help 100+ student to do the tax return in school.
Poorly managed
Construction Laborer (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, PAOctober 7, 2015
At the beginning, the company seemed to be thriving, but after a year the company was being poorly managed and as a result went bankrupt.
Pros
Rate jobs which paid very well.
Cons
Mismanagement of funds, checks bouncing
Responsible for teaching Strategic Marketing subject, assigning home-work and checking mid term and final exams. Work with diverse groups of students
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chico, CASeptember 10, 2015
Work with diverse groups of students on a regular basis to reiterate lessons learned during class, while continually monitoring comprehension.
Review assignments for accuracy and assist students in learning or recalling the necessary skills to achieve educational success.
Provide study skill and homework advice in order to ensure future success with assignments and exams.
Fun workplace just unorganized
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Nashville,TNJuly 30, 2015
I loved working at CSU. I met a lot of new people and my co workers became more like family. It was just very unorganized. Although It was a great company to work for. But I am now seeking a morning job. Whether its part time or full time. Either would be a blessing.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
short breaks
csu
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COJuly 10, 2015
this job also provide me a good understand of working with other that could help me do well with my wok. I always think that the jobs wasn't too bad because it was fun I got to know I a lot people that I never knew before and make more friends