CTDI Employee Reviews

Fast paced environment, sink or swim
Software Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tolleson, AZFebruary 1, 2016
I believe that CTDI is a sink or swim work environment. You need to be a quick learner, a highly motivated individual and strive to do your best in every daily task you complete. I do not believe everyone is meant to work or be employed by this company.
Pros
Great benefits, sense of community
Cons
Short breaks, high stress
productive . nice co workers
Easy Kit/ Non-Video/Hand Wrap (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAJanuary 28, 2016
all the employees were team players, friendly enviorment. nice work place. the supervisor was one of the best and fair supervisors ive met
Different
Packout Operator (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 27, 2016
i learned how to use a convayer belt and wrap cable boxes most enjoyable part was we could listen to music and the hardest part was waking up at four o clock in the morning.
Productive, efficient, and fun.
ELECTRONICS BENCH TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 26, 2016
Typical day was the repair of cable set-top boxes.
How the set-top boxes worked.
Management was highly competent and was always there to assist if needed. Every Friday the supervisor would bring donuts.
Working with the co-workers was fun because whenever a strange problem was fixes, it would be shared with the other techs. with a description of how and why.
The hardest part of the job was also the most enjoyable part of the job; trouble shooting the different models of set-top boxes.
Pros
The sharing of technology among the techs. and the clean joking.
Cons
Busy and Fast paced environment.
Pallet Build (Former Employee) –  Tolleson, AZJanuary 4, 2016
I'd walk in and wrap pallets that were left from the night before. Usually, I would get materials needed for the day such as extra pallets, shrink wrap, labels, etc. I would take cartons off the line and stack them on designated pallets, each pallet held a certain carton that possessed unique pieces different from the next which had to be sent to certain cities and states. When the pallets we stacked 18 cartons each I would wrap then in shrink wrap and set labels on them that indicated where they needed to be placed and where they are shipped to.
Pros
Day goes by quick, 3 breaks, and great people.
Cons
It was only me doing my job, sometimes they would push two line on me, no extra help
Productive and fun work environment
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 30, 2015
CTDI was very Culture it had a lot of different people. I loved it because i enjoy meeting and learning new things from others. The job was very simple & easy.
Fustrating place to work.
Logistics Coordinator/Shipping & Receiving (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 8, 2015
Managment there is confused. Common sense and logic seem to be in short supply. Lets start with something simple... Parking: In shipping if you work second shift, you will be SOL in finding a parking spot. When I first started that assignment we were allowed to park in the back near our work area with access through the rear door. We would then walk through and put up our lunch, clock in and report to work. They changed that to: If theres no parking spaces up front you can park in the rear but you would have to walk around the entire length of the building and enter the front door. Trust me when I tell you thats one heck of a hike. The decision to do that made no sense at all. Our crew had no desire to boost old cable boxes or the such plus there is a security gate in the back where management is always present. Reason this is such an issue is because everybody on my team had walking issues of such. Not major but enough to make matters laborous and uncomfortable.

Managment: the top brass for some reason or another replaced key personel who were either fired or quit with management from another department who had no clue at all of what was required in shipping. For a long while shipping was experiencing missing or wrong items. And my crew were getting the heat from those mistakes. Also there were times we stayed well past our work scheduals because orders were entered incorrectly. Worst still we'd have to bust the seal open on a trailer we just loaded to completely unload it to correct a discrepency thats usually located way in the back. Even worser if theres 2 or 3 trailers
  more... to do like that near quitting time.

Permanent Employment: Forget about it. They tell you that you'll go perm after a year of working with them. Thats not true. Actually for the work that a material handler does we were seriously underpair. For reach truck, forklift and double power pallet jack skills the going rate is $14 to $16 an hour. At $11.50 they are saving a bumdle and by material handler not being permenantly employed they can work him on Sunday if needed for as long as they want without having to pay him double time. That goes for holidays to..even if he's already in overtime status. After a year they lay you off for some excuse or another and put in a ad like this to hire a brand new batch of material handlers. 3 on my crew reached the year mark this year. We were laid off and now we see this ad. We not so much as got a call back. Like they PROMISED.
Pros
At least you're making a check, Some flexability, Can be laid back, diversity.
Cons
Shipping is located in the very back, A 15 minute break is actually a 10 minute break, Same goes for 30 minute lunches, No representation, snack machines take your money, Limited parking, Micro management, Favoritism
Cool and fun place
Repair Technician (Current Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXDecember 5, 2015
Little chances of advancement. It's a fun place to work but it takes really long to go from temporal to permanent. Hiring rate is slow.
Overall CTDI lacks consistency in their procedures and process’s which makes for a very stressful work environment.
Inventory Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Aurora, CODecember 5, 2015
I am a supervisor at CTDI so the workload can be overwhelming at times. Working on a tight schedule, meeting deadlines and problem solving on a time crunch is something I enjoy and have become very good at over the years. The upper management at CTDI has a tendency to set unrealistic goals for the supervisors including myself which are sometimes unachievable, and they usually present these goals with a "Do what ever it takes to get it done" attitude. This coupled with the lack of consistency in process and procedure makes it somewhat difficult to enjoy the challenge. My team consists of 6 employees that work directly under my supervision. We have all built a very strong working relationship and although everyone has their own different functions and responsibilities we rely heavily on team work to achieve what sometimes seems unachievable. The member of my team are extremely loyal and will do absolutely anything I ask of them. It has taken some time to build the team up and gain trust but that is one of my favorite parts of being in management. Building a team and managing that team to work as a well oiled machine is one of the most gratifying part of a management position in my opinion.
Pros
Excellent team work and coworkers.
Cons
This company is Reactive based rather than Proative based.
productive workplace
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VADecember 4, 2015
clean and repair cox cable boxes
pay was not that well
no room for advancement in the company
pretty good benefits
most enjoyable part was interacting with coworkers
no hard parts to this job
Pros
good benefits
Cons
low pay, no advancement
CLUELESS MANAGMENT, FIRES HARD WORKERS AND PROMOTES THOSE WHO DONT MAKE WAVES
PACK OUT DEPT (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 2, 2015
I WORKED FOR CTDI ORLANDO, FIRST AS A QC THEN FINISHED OFF IN THE PACK OUT DEPT.WE ARE CURRENTLY IN THE 1ST WEEK OF DEC ACTUALLY DEC 2ND TO BE EXACT. LAST WEEK WAS THANKSGVING WEEK ,AND OF COURSE THERE WAS NO WORK ALL WEEK DO TO 'LACK OF PRODUCTION'.
I WORKED FOR THIS COMPANY FOR EXACTLY ONE YEAR AND ONE MONTH, ONLY BECAUSE I ENJOYED MY COWORKERS. ALL OF WHOME ARE VERY HARD WORKERS AND GREAT PEOPLE TO BE AROUND. ON THE OTHER HAND MANAGMENT HAS NO CLUE WHAT THEY ARE DOING. ALL MANAGEMENT SEES ARE THE NUMBERS FOR THE DAY. THEY DO NOT SEE THE CODE ISSUES OR REFURB ISSUES THAT WE AS THE WORKERS DEAL WITH DAILY. ALL OF THESE ISSUES ON TOP OF THE FACT THAT WE WORK 1ST SHIFT , MEANING ALL THE ISSUES SECOND AND THIRD SHIFT LEFT BEHIND, DUE TO THE FACT THAT THOSE TWO SHIFTS DO NOT HAVE MANAGEMENT OR SUPERVISORS ON THEM, WE HAVE THE PRESSURE OF FIXING. BECAUSE WE ACTUALLY HAVE EYES ON US BECAUSE WE HAVE MANAGEMENT ON OUR SHIFT. WE ARE TOLD RIDICULOUS GOALS TO MAKE WHILE DEALING WITH ALL OF THESE ISSUES. WE GRIND OUT AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE WHILE TRYING TO STAY WITHIN SAFETY REGULATIONS AND COMPANY STANDARDS. THEN ARE TOLD BY PRODUCTION MANAGERS TO 'MAKE IT HAPPEN HOW EVER WE HAVE TO GET IT DONE' THEN WHEN WE ARE APPROACHED BY HIGHER UPS . WE ARE THROWN UNDER THE BUS FOR NOT FALLOWING PROTOCOLS THAT WE WERE JUST TOLD TO OVERLOOK. ALL BECAUSE THEY WANT THE NUMBERS SO THEY CAN SEE THE INCENTIVES AND BONUSES. ALL WHILE WE MAKE 10$ A HOUR SLAVING TO MAKE THEM RICHER. AND YES I UNDERSTAND ALL COMPANIES REALLY CARE ABOUT ARE THE NUMBERS THEY BRING IN. WE DONT EVEN GET AS MUCH AS A THANK YOU, WE
  more... GET PIZZA PARTIES LIKE WE ARE IN KINDERGARTEN. I WAS JUST LET GO DO TO LACK OF PRODUCTION AND I HAVE FIRST HAND SEEN THEM DO THAT TO OTHER EMPLOYEES THEN THE FALLOWING WEEK HAVE 3 TO 5 NEW HIRES. ALL WHILE THE EMPLOYEES LET GO ARE HARD WORKERS WHO KNOW THE JOB AND ALL THEY DO IS DEMAND RESPECT AND A RAISE FOR THE AMOUNT OF WORK BEING DONE. THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN WE ARE RELEASED AND NEW HIRES COME IN AND THE LAZY WORKERS WHO YES THEM TO DEATH AND LITERALLY DO NO WORK GET DIRECT HIRE OFFERS TO THE COMPANY WITH BENEFITS AND RAISES. THIS COMPANIES LOCATION IS A JOKE I CAN NOT SPEAK FOR ANY OTHER LOCATION AND THE MANAGEMENT OR PROCEDURES THEY HAVE, BUT AS FAR AS CTDI ORLANDO. THEY ARE A JOKE NOT FAMILY ORIENTED OR EMPLOYEE ORIENTED, THEY TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE WORKERS AS THEM TO DO THE WORK OF 2 PEOPLE WHILE UNDERSTAFFED AND OVER WORKING THEM.ALL WHILE HAVING IT DONE IN UNSAFE WORK AREAS DUE TO US HAVING TO MAKE SURE THEY GET WHAT THEY WANT BY ANY MEANS OR OUR JOBS ARE AT STAKE.  less
Pros
THE EMPLOYEES NOT MANAGEMENT THE ACTUAL WORKERS
Cons
CLUELESS MANAGEMENT LACK OF RESPECT FOR EMPLOYEES
packer/shipping
PACKER/SHIPPING (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VANovember 25, 2015
assorting boxes by putting in the correct region. Then stacking boxes to complete a total of 18 to make a full pallet. Wrapping, tagging, sending the shipping.
An e xceptional work place with vibrant people
Cherry Picker Operator (Former Employee) –  Buford, GANovember 20, 2015
I've learned that efficient communication with other workers lead to good production and flow of the company. My co-workers were very cooperative and were very helpful among each other. Management was incredibly decent. The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of production, and support of co-workers.
Pros
Support, parties, ceremonies
Cons
short breaks
Terrible work place
Packer/Tester (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INNovember 16, 2015
CTDI is filled with very messy people that's supposed to be your leads/supervisor that will not help you only talk about you be hide your back for no reason when u have only been kind and respectful to them, the supervisor there will not even speak to their co-workers will just walk past u like you a ghost.
The last choice
Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PANovember 11, 2015
Low pay. big difference between employees and temps. doing the same and better job and get paid $10 less per hour and when they are done with you, just let you go.
Pros
They give you a job if you know how to solder
Cons
The way they used people like expendable and never hire full time
Good place to work and learn.
Sr. Distribution / Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILNovember 10, 2015
CTDI is an exciting place to grow with plenty of opportunity in all aspects of Global Supply Chain including new technologies. A great place to work.
Flexible hours
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Coatesville, PANovember 8, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is the hours. I come in the morning and get out pretty early so that I have time to get other things taken care of. I get along pretty well with my co-workers and management. Whenever another department needs help, they ask me to go over there and, I do.
Productive and friendly work place.
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VANovember 2, 2015
Fun place to work,with great leadership and always room to grow and can relocate as well. Company is very large been in business for 40 years and most people make it there home.Each department is challenging and exciting. For the most part I'm in inventory ,but are trained in every department i really enjoy my job!
Pros
Good benefits, paid education, and 3 weeks paid vacation.
Cons
Could use a larger warehouse
Horrible Management
Assembly Working (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 26, 2015
Management does not care about the employees just numbers and production! You are not recognized as an individual. Management is power hungry and all about company. Not employees!!!
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Management!
Lack of true leadership and guidance
AccessMax Department Section Head (Current Employee) –  Flower Mound, TexasOctober 22, 2015
Company has been on a downward spiral for the past year due to new management. Management tries to lead from behind the desk with out actual hands on with the employees. Recent choices in management have been friends connections rather than actual qualifications for the needed positions.