CTG Employee Reviews

Content Developer for IBM internal departments.
Content Writer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 28, 2016
A typical work day including researching IBM internal websites and external websites for content that was related to the training course that I was developing.
Pros
Working from home
CTG, review
Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJanuary 5, 2016
Started my IT career with CTG. They gave me a look as to what the consulting game was all about. Can't say a whole lot bad or good about them because it was during the Y2K days when the IT environment was a lot different than today.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Compensation
Don't feel appreciated being a contract hourly employee.
Systems Key Operator (Current Employee) –  Webster, NYDecember 17, 2015
CTG can get you work with a good companies such as Xerox, where I'm currently employed. The people I work with at Xerox are beyond wonderful. But being an hourly employee I get no company paid benefits. They offer health and vision, employee paid of course, and dropped offering dental. Being an hourly contract employee there is no holiday pay, no sick/personal or vacation time, not even accrued time. Most companies incur the cost of AT LEAST HOLIDAY pay. I have to miss two days pay for holidays such as Thanksgiving and Christmas. They offer to deduct money from your salary to cover sick/personal, holiday and vacation. There is no chance for raises unless the company you are contracted to raises the salary for that position. Then, who knows if CTG will tell you and pass that raise to you. CTG gets paid good money for every hour you work and doesn't show any appreciation. I would not recommend contract work with CTG unless you can get a salaried position, then you all benefits offered to you.
Pros
Can get you steady work.
Cons
No benefits for houly contract employees
What a joke horrible management
Production (Former Employee) –  NYNovember 24, 2015
This company calls you and tells you you are hired and then retracks your offer when they contact the wrong company for a reference check! I went in for my drug screen and when I should have failed on that drug screen due to medicine I am prescribed I passed with no verification what so ever! The management is unbelievable in communication!
Pros
None!
Cons
Horrible Management!
Contract job
Test Engineer (EMET) Lab (Former Employee) –  IBM Campus Research Triangle Park, NCNovember 11, 2015
Just trying to pay bills. Rather boring work. Hoping to catch on as a hired IBM employee. CTG is a contract company. Not much to say good or bad.
No Vacation Time Offered to Hourly Employees
technical support (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 1, 2015
Many agencies offer you deserved paid time off for long-time service amounting to nine months or more. Not CTG they encourage you to deduct monies out each pay period in order to pay yourself to vacation. Just be aware because, this policy is down-played during the interview process; however you feel it later on.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
No Paid Vacation
Don't work for ctg!!!!!!!!!
Graphic designer (Former Employee) –  usaOctober 1, 2015
first off they only have an office in new york so you have to print everything and scan / fax it to them. I was still sending in them paperwork 2 months after the company I interviewed said they wanted me!!!!!!!!!!!!

They lied about my rate of pay changing the number three times before I made them put it in writing to prevent being further low balled and when I finally got to the job they cancelled my contract 2 weeks later and now I can't even reach them on the phone to get my ending payment information.

Please avoid working for this company it was one of the worst decisions of my life and now I'm jobless and have no idea what I'm going to do.
Pros
None that I know of
Cons
Shady company
Very productive place, and nice environment place to work
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Morrisvile, ncSeptember 22, 2015
Lenovo is a very nice place to work. Very professional and comes with many perks. Job security is one of the best until recently. We just laid off 3,500 employees worldwide but you know certain things happen for a reason. Fun environment and a good place to grow.
CTG offered a competitive benefits package and ability to work remote.
QRadar Security Delivery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 17, 2015
CTG offered a competitive benefits package including 401k, medical, and dental insurance. The position I accepted allowed me to work remotely for IBM. The staff has been very helpful with the on-boarding process.
Pros
Offers IT professionals the ability to work remote.
Cons
I haven't experienced any Cons at this time.
Sub Contractor
Server Farm Administrator (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 14, 2015
This company subcontracts to other companies
never meet your managers
salary based ion contract rate from whomever they subcontract you out to
Pros
Cons
many
Easy
ASSEMBLY LINE WORKER LENOVO (Former Employee) –  whitsett, ncSeptember 14, 2015
It was nice experience to build laptops and computers. The job was pretty easy for me since I am a quick and fast learner, so learning all the components was interesting to me.
Workplace was very productive when busy.
Systems Administrator(Contract) (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYAugust 30, 2015
Added more work experience with VMware, LINUX, and AIX, Team members were there for help when needed.
The managers and leads were helpful and there when issues arose.
Pros
Work close to home, A lot of new technolgy to learn.
Cons
Red Tape and Politics
Fast Pace.
DocuCare Associate (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 15, 2015
Great work place. Look after copiers. Replace consumable parts. Restock supplies. Replace minor parts on devices. Take monthly meter reads of devices
great culture
Talent Acquisition/Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 4, 2015
team was good, but then new upper management came in and everything changed - starting cutting people left and right, brought in their own people
OK Company - no benefits
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 19, 2015
This job placed me in production for Xerox Business Services.
Loved my co-workers. The hardest part was standing on concrete most of my 8 hour day - the most enjoyable part was the people and the job responsibilities I had.
Nice atmosphere to work.
Quality Control/Warehouse/Auditor (Former Employee) –  Whitsett, NCJuly 19, 2015
I enjoyed my employment at CTG (Lenovo) because most of the people enjoyed helping you out when needed. My supervisor was a nice person to all the refurbish staff. He was open to training everyone that wanted to learn something different about the process of computers.
Pros
Company gatherings
Cons
Short breaks
Fun place to work
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Bentonville, ARJune 30, 2015
I enjoy the people both in the office and in the field, there are some unique people that really enjoy problem solving and getting the job done.
Productive Workplace
Mail Finishing Level 2 (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 27, 2015
Study new written notes/data from the previous day. Open outlook, looking for all new email messages. Identify incoming customer requests.
Complete small job description job tasks from the following day. Organize all notes and data, study notes that I need to remember.
Understand corporate communication, verbal, non-verbal communication.
Pros
Free snacks in the morining.
Cons
Not a lot of windows, needed more fresh air flow.
Nice Place to work but will get monotonous
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 20, 2015
I learned a lot.But after that work became monotonous and boring. There was nothing challenging to work on. Not a very friendly CEO
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
Not very friendly management
I was working at Lenovo's Development Drive location.
Lenovo Modular System X Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCMay 4, 2015
I had a assignment at the Enterprise Modular Systems Control Room. The work environment was excellent while it lasted.