CTG Employee Reviews

Great Staffing Company with great benefits
Customer Fulfillment Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 9, 2017
CTG is an IT recruiting/staffing company. The staff is very nice and helpful. Compared to other recruiting/staffing companies I have had offers from, CTG offers the best benefits.
Pros
Great benefits, fair pay
Cons
As with other staffing companies, the actual job placement does not always work out as anticipated
Adequate contract company
Flex Chassis Network Switch PE at IBM (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCJanuary 23, 2017
My experience with CTG is working for their clients. The work environments is dependent on the client and not CTG.

The CTG employees that I dealt with were always helpful but not always quick to respond.
Very disapointed with my experience with CTG
Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Painted Post, NYJanuary 6, 2017
In the Corning, NY location CTG does very little once you have signed on. Been working through CTG for over 4 years for a Fortune 500 company in the area and there has been no salary increase or performance reviews. Have continually contacted them about other positions advertised and then never hear a word back from them. Once you sign on you can not go to another agency(to work for the same company) for 6 months after you have terminated your contract with them. There is no lateral or job advancements with them. Basically you are stuck. Also. there healthcare benefits are very expensive.
Pros
Paid Holidays
Cons
Lack of job advancement and salary increases
Ok for Contract work
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 28, 2016
One of the better contract houses. They treat most employees very well. But contract positions never have advancement.
Pros
Good Contract House
Cons
No advancement
Rewarding but difficult.
System Integration Contractor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 22, 2016
The years as a self employed system integrator required much travel and extremely long hours that became grueling. There was some satisfaction from a job well done.
Great company to work for although needs to work on expanding
Technical Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYDecember 15, 2016
CTG is a contractor so depending where you get contracted out to determines how your day is. Contractors working at IBM do not get treated equally as full-time employees when it comes to fun events, flu vaccinations, community events, etc. CTG should push harder to make the contractors feel like part of the family.
Pros
fight for good rate
Cons
still a contractor
No job security in Contract Work
Data Analyst/Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Painted Post, NYDecember 5, 2016
There is no job security when working as a contractor. You can produce high quality work, provide value and STILL be summarily dismissed at the whim of the company where you're contracted to work
Cons
Absolutely no job security;low pay with no pay increases EVER
Good employer.
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 25, 2016
CTG cares about its employers. Since we worked as IT contractors, our meetings with the Account Manager is very limited, but during those meetings, they see to it that all our questions and issues are answered.
Pros
Once a month lunches with the Account Manager
Cons
The Milwaukee branch closed down.
Great management and peers, approachable and friendly
Field Services Manager - Administrator (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 17, 2016
No day was ever typical and that is what made this position so much fun. One day could be working with clients and employees, another day could be putting out "fires." I think the most fun was learning and growing everyday. As the position changed, I had many learning opportunities which I took advantage of. Moving into the Field Services Management position required HR, management and recruiting classes. My boss was great as well as upper management! Very approachable. Co-workers were awesome! Fun to work with and so helpful. The hardest part of the job was the constant switching of gears, so to speak, to provide the appropriate client and employee support. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help so many others.
Pros
Flexible and never a dull moment at work
Cons
Costly benefits and compensation
A fun place to work
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  telecommuteNovember 10, 2016
I enjoyed working for this company. I enjoyed my co-workers and found them to be my second family. I always enjoyed coming into work and loved the team atmosphere that we had.
CTG is among the best companies in their industry.
Assistant Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYNovember 3, 2016
To work for CTG is to work for a company that values service to its customer and billable employees above all else. I was proud to work there for almost 20 years.
Pros
Tight internal culture
Cons
Too dependent on the ebb and flow of one customer
Temp Service,
Tier 1 AIX System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 28, 2016
While CTG, Inc. is a temporary employment agency, with its major client being IBM. The management of CTG does it best to work with the employee to see that all the employee's needs are accomplish. But as with any temporary employment agency it is at the direction of the major client. In this case IBM has made the choice to move off shore to seek employees.

CTG, Inc provided Technology Support services to IBM and worked as a Tier 1 System Administrator.

Working with IBM client around the world offer me the opportunity to enact with professional IT Administrator
Pros
Excell work environment
Cons
Transfer to Technologies oversea
Staffing Solutions
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 19, 2016
Computer Task Group is an excellent place to work. Vendor management works well to match the right person to solve staffing needs.
Good Company and great working enviroment
Forlift Operator/logistics (Former Employee) –  Whitsett, NCSeptember 25, 2016
Typical day at work consist of operating a forklift moving Lenovo computer inventory to designated shipping areas as well as counting distribution of inventory to create bulk orders for shipping to large retail corporations. I gained knowledge on computer logistics and shipping receiving and packing out orders. Had a good relationship with management as well as co-workers. We all worked as a team to ensure job and task were done effectively and efficiently. Most enjoyable part of the job was gaining experience in all areas of forklifting as well as receiving training.
No chance of moving up.
Docucare Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 2, 2016
Started this job and couldn't wait to leave it. They had me traveling 90 miles daily with no extra compensation. My supervisor was great, but other than that the job was terrible.
Benefits are terrible
Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bentonville, ARAugust 6, 2016
Since CTG don't have direct jobs, as a contractor I'm working at Toshiba GCS, bentonville. Since work life balance is good with Toshiba, there is no issue in that part. The recruiters are horrible at least whom i had interacted with. Because of them i face and still facing an issue with very less billing. Just because toshiba is a good client, I'm continuing here. They wont offer any benefits if you opt as a hourly based employee.
Overall even though not happy with ctg, just going because toshiba is a good client to work with where the learning curve is good and getting good exposure.
Pros
Since they have only IBM and Toshiba are the clients at Bentonville area, most of the time your contracts would go as long term
Cons
Medical benefits are terrible. Pay is normal ..not so good.
Not okay...
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCAugust 1, 2016
i thought working with this company was going to be great. I even turned down major companies with better pay just because I liked the work environment & the vibe from coworkers. I was warned by family members & previous employees not to take this position because they had a bad turn over rate. Of course I didn't listen & it got thrown in my face not even an complete 3 weeks into being there. Which let me know as a company they don't look out for their employees & when I asked questions in regards to my lay off....I was told that I don't want to go digging into it. Though legally I believe that when someone is laid off or fired they have the right to ask why & actually be given the reasoning. This is the type of company (especially who they are are exclusively contacted for) that you would need to watch your back.
Productive and fun workplace.
Account Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Whitsett, NCAugust 1, 2016
Management was great! They made the work environment very enjoyable. I always looked forward to going to work. I don't really have a complaint about this job. Everything was awesome.
Challenging and career growth opportunity.
Sr. AIX Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 31, 2016
Provided Unix System Administration and support at IBM in Poughkeepsie, New York. Installed and configured High Computing Clustered servers for IBM clients as well as provided 24X7 on-site and remote coverage for IBM clients in the United States and worldwide. Preformed regression testing on customized High Computing Clusters (HPC). Assisted with the building of IBM manufactured memory DIMMS.
Positive and challenging work environment.
Senior Unix System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYJuly 31, 2016
Provided Unix System Administrator support and consultation at the IBM Development and Support Center in Poughkeepsie, New York. This opportunity gave me an opportunity to enhance my current skills as well as learn new technologies in a large clustered High Performance Computing (HPC) environment. I worked with a team of senior IBM developers, analysts, DBA's, project managers, government clients and worldwide business clients in a collaborated effort to support the United States Department of Defense, other US government agencies. I implemented security monitoring tools on remote servers and provided weekly detail data to IBM and their client about security vulnerabilities and security breaches. Performed progression testing on software applications and hardware clusters. Participated in weekly team meetings and team building projects. Worked on the memory DIMM chip assembly and production line. Provided 24X7 on-call support for IBM clients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CTG. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9