CTI Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 14, 2018
Nice enviorment to work in. The people on your team are loving while working here you will experience the wilds of the maintenance trade. True you have to love to be able to solve problems and be nice to people. Also you have to love doing this type of work it has to be second nature in this feild. Maintenance
No Human Resources
Last Job-Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILJanuary 9, 2018
Too many changes in the past 5 years which has resulted in No Management for Supervisory Positions.
Supervisory personnel are not qualified for their jobs.
There is no-one looking out for the employees.
Nepotism with the Owners.
Good place to work if you don't mind sitting for a day or two in the truck for free waiting to get re-loaded, but re-loads can take up to 48 hrs.
OTR Driver (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MONovember 26, 2017
Lots of downtime out on the road away from home, claim not to be forced dispatch however they will more or less force you to run when they are short handed on drivers which seems to be most of the time.
Pros
Pay is good If you don't factor in the days spent doing nothing waiting on loads.
Cons
Waiting on loads, Slip seat so you never have the same truck from one run to the next, don't always keep their promises, will say whatever they need to to keep you happy even if there is no truth to it.
Not the best place
Parts welder (Current Employee) –  Helenwood, TNOctober 25, 2017
Alot of bad to a little good keep telling you all the good thing that you are intitled to but never see it they say you get a 500 hour evaluation but alit of people well over the hours have not seen it
Pros
Not any that stand out
Horrible management
Frontline collector (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAOctober 11, 2017
Used to be a great place to work however New Management ran the business into the ground they lost most of their contracts and had to lay off most of their employees
Trucking
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAAugust 29, 2017
Good Company to work for just not home enough. Typically you are gone all the time this is an over the road driving job. There loads vary from whether you are a team or a single driver.
Decent place to work
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  MichiganAugust 5, 2017
Small company so pay is on the lower end. However, they bend over backwards to help you do what you need to do with your personal life. The personalities there are great.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Pay, dead end job
great owner
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INAugust 3, 2017
Highly motivated always ready to get new job great work ethics. Always had a the right tool for the job. Enjoyed working for CTI the owner helped me and my family greatly
Pros
would help with anything rajiv cared for his employees
Cons
ran out of work
fast paced
Associate (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INJune 26, 2017
everything was fine, I enjoyed my work. then I left to join the army and got medically discharged and cti found a loophole, because I left for my flight out at 6:41. a minute after break, they wouldn't let me return to sia.
good place to work if you dont mess around
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Kingman, AZMay 22, 2017
good place to work as long as your not picky and you are on time only bad is no paid vacation like they say your supposed to get you have to keep 8000 miles if you fall under 8000 miles a month for 2 months in a row you get dropped down to temp driver and lose your vacation pay and have to start the year over
Pros
good pay and miles ok home time
Cons
no vacation pay
CTI is a fun fast pace work place,very serious about safety
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Blue Mound, TXApril 19, 2017
CTI is a good job,very enjoyable I've work two sides because there's a wet end and dry end.I worked the wet end at first, it consisted of watching the steamer making sure they're running correct checking the temperature every hour.Also changing the ricers every two hour keeping up with the machine speed,taking this information logging it into the red zone on the lab top.When I was in packaging It was about watching the machine making sure everything was running smooth.Keep boxes in the box machine and being able to listen for the sound to know when one of the machines have stoped
Pros
On certain occasions free lunch
Cons
Two short breaks one regular thirty min different healthcare and dental plan
Poor management
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIMarch 7, 2017
Poor management... The woman that handles the staff is only concerned about herself and absalutely nothing more..She creates issues amonst the staff with petty back and fourth pitting employees against one another.
Terrible schedules
Employee spouse (Former Employee) –  ArizonaJanuary 7, 2017
Reviews are not so good for Arizona. They get really good drivers but they don't care if you stay or go. They won't bend over to retain you as a driver. Dispatch does not know the drivers. They will schedule you but not tell you what that schedule is. You slip seat. The equipment is old and unstable. It's sad that they invest in training you but won't try and work with your needs. A person would be so much happier if they knew the schedule for the week and not by the day. And if they had good equipment to get the job done. It is not a sign of weakness to ask the employee sometime what management can do to improve things. It would be a strength to listen. Then they would have a company where people are willing to go the extra mile for the success of the company.
Pros
Weekly pay.
Cons
Equipment and Schedule
Was a good company
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INDecember 3, 2016
Same as Venture Logistics, drove multiple routes for CTI. Terminal was located in Lafayette, In. Management was difficult to deal with at times. Terminal manager could make days rough at times
Pros
Driver Safety bonuses
Cons
Management had a problem with micromanagement of my job.
This is a safe place to work. I like to work fot this company.
Warehuse Agent (Current Employee) –  Inwood, NYAugust 29, 2016
This is my full time job. It's a good company. I like the manager, my supervisor and my coworkers. I feel that everybody respect me and likes me. There is a very good working conditions in the warehouse. I work from 3 to 11:30pm. I need extra income that's why I am looking for a part time job in the morning.
potential for fun, team oriented place
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAAugust 19, 2016
There was a lot of drama and lack of planning, which ultimately caused the department to fall apart. Working here was ok; lots of autonomy. good team environment.
Good place to work.
Logistics Engineer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 16, 2016
Good people - Not long days - Learned from fellow employees - manager was ok - Co workers were great - Hard work - Enjoyed the actual work involved.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Low pay
Friendly drivers and willingess to excell
Corporate Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Rillito, AzMarch 13, 2016
CTI, Inc. has very old equipment, It is my professional opinion they are dangerous and irresponsible with the drivers lives. In 6 months there were 3 deaths all in Arizona where they are based. They force dispatch all their drivers therefore making it impossible for famly planning. The operations team lacks the humanity to talk and treat their drivers with respect, forgetting without drivers there is no business. I would never want a loved one of mine to work for this company, they are strictly profit driven.
benefits
Cons
scheduling and management
A lot of horseplay and bullying.
Fleet Manager/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, INJanuary 16, 2016
Covered freight and took several calls from drivers for 11 to 13 hours a shift. Not a lot to say about this company besides the pay was good.
Pros
The salary
Cons
The bullying
Company was purchased and jobs were cut
Executive Administrator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 7, 2016
CTI was a great company to work for and I enjoyed my nine years there. Unfortunately the company was purchased and the executive team was terminated or resigned. Therefore there was no longer a need for an Executive Administrator and my job was terminated as well. I am now looking for another great experience with another great company.