CTR Group Employee Reviews

Getting the job done!
Project Manager/Crew Leader (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAJanuary 17, 2017
Working with the crew, cleaning and pressure washing, solar panels, also crating, fabline machines. Checking each item for any errors or mistakes. Making sure the job,or projects are completely finished correct.
Amazing Workplace!
Recruiter/ Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VANovember 16, 2016
I loved CTR from day one! I truly considered all of my coworkers family! We were a team! I would highly recommend anyone to seek employment with CTR! They truly have your best interest at heart!
Pros
Everything was Great
Cons
Everything was Amazing!
wasn't honest about job
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VANovember 4, 2016
Worked for them long time ago. The company I was sent to was OK but not great. I worked for almost a year. Two or three previous temps, hired to do same job I was doing, gained permanent employment within 3 months. I kept being told there were no openings. There were. I observed one thing most women at this company had in common, blond hair, blue eyes, and 95% were very thin. Just an observation? Yes. But, one that no seeing person can ignore. I was verbally attacked by my superior in front of many people, for saying to someone that I wish they would work me more because I'm needed five days a week not three. They expected me to squeeze five days work into three. As a custodian working a huge warehouse full of filth, bathrooms, men and womens were disgusting, the statement was true. I did need to be there. I won't lie, I was let go because of my reaction to such an abhorrent display of uncouth behavior. The company (CTR ) never defended me or asked me what happened. They never called me for another job. I didn't care. If I'd known what I was walking into, I wouldn't have taken the job. Lesson learned. I opened my own cleaning service and have worked for myself on and off since then. I've also worked retail, I love working with people.
Pros
Cons
If you accept a job based on a particular description, and find out its not what was described, immediately ask to be placed elsewhere. Don't stay where you can't thrive
Don't work for this company
Firewatcher (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VASeptember 19, 2016
This company wroks with another company that has women with no clearances that are supervisors. They are uneducated and unethical.
Former employer
Powder Coater/assembler (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VADecember 22, 2015
Working for this agency was ok. The pay is terrible for the work they expect out of you. They're not honest about the job they send you too. When your assignment is over, they don't even try to place you someplace else and there's no support.
Pros
8 hr shifts and overtime
Cons
Only one break in 8-10 hours
Not happy
medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VADecember 2, 2015
I work for this company for about six months. Always advertising for Medical Assistant. Waited for four months for a position only to lasts three days. all my position was short-term like the other employee wrote one bad experience will end your job with this company.

Even if it's not your fault. No one to stand up for you,
Pros
Get good work experirnce
Cons
No supported
not completely dissatisfied
non certified ma (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VANovember 23, 2015
Being under this company does give you experience but like one person stated one bad site could ruin it for the entire company.
Pros
Cons
no advancement
Great leadership and pay
Painter (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAOctober 5, 2015
A typical day at the shipyard is going over the safety issues before we start working. Gather paint and supplies and job assignments. The most enjoyable part about working at the shipyard is seeing the finish product.
Pros
The Pay
Cons
No leave days
A great opportunity
Painter/Insulator (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VASeptember 29, 2015
The staff was very helpful with prompt job placement and they were available when I needed work equipment or to pick up my check.
Pros
Gifts, office hours
Cons
healthcare
Very helpful staff and great wages!!
Machinist (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAJuly 10, 2015
A typical day at the shipyard begins at 7 am, I make sure to wear all proper protective gear. I start my work and don't stop until my lunch break, after lunch I get back to work until 3:30pm dismissal. Management is supportive and understands the projects well. Hardest part of my job is meeting wonderful co-workers that we bond and then we have to go off to another project.

Want to know more about CTR Group?

Ask a question
Champion Brands is an ok place to work
Insulation Installer (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAMarch 11, 2015
Champion Brands is a dead end job with little to no room for advancement. If you just want to go to work and get paid little to nothing then this is the place for you.
Good Company
Vent, Chill Water and Pipe Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAFebruary 20, 2015
CTR Group was a good company. My supervisor Leon Boone was probably the best part. Understand man who was always there to listen and help you out with needed.
The job site was good.
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAOctober 16, 2014
The job site was good, work was reasonable and easy to learn. The work enviornment was very pleasant.
Cold Storage
High Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VASeptember 28, 2014
Fast paced work environment working in cold storage, if you don't mind the cold this job is pretty good.
Pros
breaks
Cons
cold storage
Shady
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Theodore, AlMarch 29, 2014
One location ruins this entire CL company. The management & staff are as unprofessional as it comes.
Pros
Cons
Plenty
rigger
rigger (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAJanuary 28, 2014
It is good but its a contract that some times don't last long.
Production on a large scale
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAAugust 20, 2013
A typical day started at 6 am. We reported to our team leader and went over any new information and safety news. Our team leader explained to us what needed to happen in the associated Engineroom. We tooled up and boarded the ship. We report to our designated Engineroom and begin to fulfill the duties assigned by the Team Leader.
Pros
Enjoy working on Ships
Cons
Working for job placement company
Great Temp Agency
Outside Machinist (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAAugust 5, 2013
Great work always kept work for you to complete. almost always was somewhere new, and set you up for permanent employment.
okay place
Graphic Artist (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAJanuary 3, 2013
It's good but it would be nice for them to be a bit more up front with information.
Pros
?
Cons
?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CTR Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7