CubeSmart Employee Reviews

Low stress, lousy pay
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaNovember 16, 2017
The folks at CubeSmart for the most part are easy to work with, but their hourly pay is less than adequate. You will be sold on the fact they are a growing company with lots of opportunities, but hanging in there until you can make a livable wage is not possible if you want any life quality. Some of their locations rent trucks as well, however, you are not paid for all the extra work that is involved with that.
Pros
low stress
Cons
lousy pay
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCOctober 3, 2017
It was a good place to work and if it compensated a better I would still bet there. You only work your scheduled time and they want you to leave at a decent time and spend it with family.
Great Culture, less than okay salary
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  South Windsor, CTSeptember 25, 2017
This was a very relaxing job, mostly phone calls and customer service. Of course there is plenty of cleaning, but as long as you spend your time wisely, you can finish your cleaning obligations early in the day.
Pros
Relaxed Setting
Cons
Low Salary
At CubeSmart
Manager (Former Employee) –  Linden, NJSeptember 21, 2017
Typical day toopen and keep all store spaces clean. Take deposit to the bank.
Learned a lot about storage industry.
Management good but too much pressure to satisfy accounts balances.
Is very Customer service oriented all the time. Competition between branches is a burden.
Hardest part is to clean all the spaces. Too much for a person. Also to keep clean the store front.
As always enjoy keeping customers happy and make them feel part of the culture.
Working Day
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 18, 2017
Run reports, property checks, collection calls, certified mail, send emails, process payments, clean property, clean cubes, lock cuts, foreclosure checklists.
Pros
Hours, Competitive Wages
Cons
Throwing away left behind items
no changes accured
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Marblehead, OHAugust 12, 2017
during employment I managed budgets and finances, trained employees, maintained a positive attitude to ensure a friendly work environment I also ensured top quality costumer service.
Excellent company to work for
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Westmont, ILAugust 12, 2017
I absolutely loved working for this company and enjoyed my team mates. We would challenge ourselves in regards of improving each of our stores by revenue growth and occupancy. Great career to have when you want that family time as well. Great balance for life.
Pros
good pay, great team mates, wonderful management
Cons
nearly impossible to get promoted with-in
Great place to work at your own pace.
Self Storage Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 5, 2017
My work week is 36 hours, benefits include, paid holidays, medical, sick leave, vacations, retirement, Company luncheons and meetings. Great place to meet people from every walk of life.
Pros
Getting to know your Customers, being part of a family working together, having lunches and down time.
Cons
My days off are Wednesday and Thursday, would like a weekend off sometimes
Very productive, GREAT learning experience and fun place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLJune 9, 2017
CubeSmart has provided a PHENOMENAL working environment, tons of growth, so much to learn and so many supportive colleagues with an open door policy.

Training is sufficient and the opportunity to grow to the next level is immense.

Teamwork is really the key factor when working for CubeSmart. They treat you as a family. Everyone knows their roles, their tasks, and everyone offers a helping hand when needed.

I have learned so much being a part of CubeSmart such as managing different facilities with different teammates and their customer bases.

Ive learned how to handle different budgets depending on site specific goals and competitor influence.

The most enjoyable part of being with CubeSmart is working with your team and inspiring them to do things better than they already do, and then seeing the results when you win the highest achievable award as a team after all the hard work you've put in together.
Pros
Growth potential, job security, benefits, rewards
fun place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 13, 2017
it was cool, got along with my coworkers and manager but upper management was the worse. they don't have their workers back.. When it came to the workers word against the customer.. THEY ALWAYS CITED WITH THEM RIGHT OR WRONG

Want to know more about CubeSmart?

Ask a question
Boring
Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 9, 2017
Explaining open space and how much can fit in it. Making sure all unit that are occupied should be. Selling merchandise. Cleaning the entire building. Making sure that no one is in the building that shouldn't
Okay
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Long Island City, NYApril 23, 2017
The work environment is small, can be fast paced, but has a lot of tedious small upkeep task. Its a time consuming job, but the pay is respectable, the staff is mediocre and they are constantly hiring new staff. The benefits are the best part. Paid sick days and vacation time, 401K, and company discounts. However wasn't please with their medical coverage, nor job security, and they're annual pay raises are poor.
Pros
fast pace, paid time off, and easy job.
Cons
short breaks, poor annual pay raise, poor medical coverage, small staff and job security
Nice company to work for...
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaApril 13, 2017
I've been with CubeSmart for almost 2 years as a Manager. I come from a retail background and wish I would have switched to storage sooner. You manage your time, and for stores like mine that only have 2 people working... That means a nice balance of working in the office and outside... So you are not just sitting at a desk all day. You get into a cleaning schedule, some days are super easy, other days can be hectic, days that have a lot of vacate and move in can be crazy, but it makes the days fly by. Like anywhere you work with customers, some are more difficult than others. The most stressful situations are auctions or dealing with rate increases. You get comfortable with that after awhile. Pay is decent... I am part time and I have a 401k with the company which is nice. Raises are not the best, but you get good bonuses when you sell merchandise, and/or meet other goals. District meetings are fun, and higher up management is very respectful and fair. For the most part it is a even paced stress free job, and I enjoy it.
Pros
Pay mileage for bank deposits, post office trips, meetings. Company is very respectful to employees.
Cons
Very quiet when you work by yourself.. That can be a pro too
Good work environment
District Manager (Former Employee) –  South Carolina, and GeorgiaApril 5, 2017
Following up on a particular facilities, listen and always lead my example, the selling of customers property, when customer make positive comments and seeing them happy.
Pros
Great team
Cons
not always a positive attitude
Awesome Company
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Capitol Heights, MDApril 3, 2017
Cubesmart is an awarding company to work for. Great Advancement opportunity.Flexible work hours; No evening hours. Great Benefits! 401K available. Who doesn't want to plan for their future!!!
great place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVApril 2, 2017
pretty laid back, company is great with advancement if an employee is looking to move up within. has great programs and fun district meetings to get info from from the top
Pros
get paid for mileage use during work, fellow teammates are great
Cons
not a full 40 hour work week
Lots of experience and great protocols to help ensure customer happiness and support.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXMarch 23, 2017
The company operations with general rules and regulations allow customers to feel comfortable leaving their personal and most prized possessions in the care of the company. Being able to offer clients what is needed to rectify issues where customers felt uncomfortable created a work environment where customer retention elevated the atmosphere.
Pros
Great customers.
Cons
Local area and general management took advantage of the flexibility the company allows.
Great Company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  East Hanover, NJMarch 12, 2017
This company and the management are amazing. And the Corporate Offices arte very friendly helpful and they look out for their employees. The pay could've been better but other then that IO would recommend this company.
good culture
Part-time Student Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 24, 2017
I work in Business Intelligence, work with data scientist, it's amazing. people are nice, and I learned a lot from there.
Energitc, fun, great people to work with
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 5, 2017
I really have enjoyed the time I have spent with CubeSmart but the property I worked at for them was sold over a year ago and I have been waiting ever since to get a new property with housing. I am temporarily living with another employee and I have either get a place on my own which I have tried for over a year but rental prices here in Denver are way to high so I need my own property again with housing to help.
Pros
Hour lunches, medical, sick & vaction time, 401k match
Cons
Hard to deal with transitions and status with company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CubeSmart. Our community is ready to answer.