CubeSmart

CubeSmart Employee Reviews

very productive
Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 27, 2015
Pros: alot of ways to grow
Cons: short break
handled about 80 calls a day. learned how to manage a store alone, expand vocabulary. learned how to handle certain situations under pressure. being able to be myself was the most enjoyable.
An enjoyable workplace
Manager (but not a manager) (Current Employee), Rahway, NJJune 26, 2015
Good teamwork, learning new things, helping people decide on what size storage Cube will work for them, great co-workers, pleasant cutomers
very customer friendly and productive
Store Manager (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 24, 2015
Good management team as well as staff , i enjoyed that the company focused on the needs of the customer as well as their employees, i always enjoy a job thats about the staff as well as the money !
In House Paralegal (Former Employee), Malvern, PAJune 22, 2015
Corporate level environment. Not the best management skills at a high level. Not very personable. No room for growth. No direction on how to move forward on projects.
Great easy paced job, good pay and benefit. Employees and supervisors are all very professional.
Manager (Current Employee), Miami, FLJune 9, 2015
Pros: Lets you interact with many new customers daily.
Cons: Promotions are not easy to come by due to low turnover.
Leases are presented on a daily bases for customer storage rentals. Management is very helpful in what ever your needs are and listen to your ideas. Co-workers are like if in a family environment.
Good Company
Store Manager (Current Employee), HoustonJune 7, 2015
Pros: Good Hours
Cons: Bad Leadership
Its a good company to work for if you have a busy life and family however the turn over rate is high and depending on the district you work in.
A loooot of down time, no advancement
Store Manager (Current Employee), Austin, TexasMay 31, 2015
Pros: alot of down time
Cons: short lunches, always alone, babysitting property
A typical day at work:
Open store, check building, overlock late Customers, collection calls, take any payments that come in, any walk in move ins, and follow up reservations.
There is probably about 3 hours worth of work to do ( if you always stay on top of things around the property) , the rest of the time you just chill.
If you work with an AM be prepared to be alone almost ALL the time.
I never get any credit for keeping my store nice.
Management is okay.
Hardest part of the job, or most annoying, is constantly picking up after people.
I would rate my job a 5 on a scale of 10.
It pays okay, could be better, not many raises.
Not much room for advancement.
poor management
Manager (Former Employee), Austell, GAMay 18, 2015
Management talk down, Company don't care about employee or customers.. Pay sucks. If they don't like you there's no moving up.
Good company
Manager (Current Employee), Lumberton, NJApril 26, 2015
Great co workers, working outside is not so enjoyable or witnessing customer hardships but they do confide in you with their problems which makes you feel helpful to them.
selfish inconsiderate management
manager (Former Employee), Columbia SCMarch 29, 2015
Pros: learning about storage industry, working alone, sometimes free use of on premise apt
Cons: low pay, low to non-existent bonus, little say in matters that concerns you
job started off as part time went to full time hours kept increasing until I was working more than the general manager.weekend time off was non-existent. constantly threatened with temination when I brought my concerns to DM. the computer metrics whom we were told was reliable would say we will receive a bonus most months but the DM always manage to find some reason not to give it to us. if I did receive a bonus it was about $50. my overall experience was good in the beginning but in the end it was atrocious and the DM was mainly the cause along with another backstabbing general manager. if you like working alone and dealing with customers and dusty units this job is for you. the pay and bonuses are low but you do learn about the storage industry. and sometimes you can live on the premises for free but they will use it as a means to exploit you knowing that you don't want to lose the apartment
Manager (Former Employee), Rosemont , ILFebruary 20, 2015
Everyone is always ready to help you, they work around your schedule. Great benefits and easy to grow. Training is available before starting to work in airport so when you get there you already have an idea of how it would be
Great place to work, compensation can be low
Property Accountant (Current Employee), Malvern, PAFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: friendly people, no worries about the job in your free time
Cons: pay isnt great
• Prepare and enter journal entries
• Coordinate with Property Managers
• Review and approve payables, leases, billing adjustments, and deposits
• Prepare bank and balance sheet reconciliations and financial statements monthly
• Analyze monthly financial statements and investigate budget variances
• Resolve Accounting issues with property staff and perform a month end close
• Ensure proper coding on invoices
Great Opportunity
General Manager (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 11, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with so many different kind of people. Co-workers were easy to get along with.
Whats good about working at this job is that you learn a lot that can be useful for every and any job
Property Manager (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYNovember 22, 2014
Pros: schedule, learning the computer, and the opprotunity
Cons: short lunches, the van, and meetings
On a typical day at work I open the store and make sure the building is okay. I then maintain the office and I do about 3 to 4 rentals on a slow day. I have learned how to serve with passion as a manager. There are only 3 managers on site including me and they are also great managers who have taught me a lot about storage and revenue. The hardest part of my job is going through all files and checking the leases to make sure that all of the information is up to date and correct in the system. There are about 1,205 customers and it can become overwhelming I love doing the auctions yet they are a lot of work it's exciting to see how much people really pay for the cubes.
Unfair company to work for and I wouldn't recommend anyone to apply with them.
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee), Peachtree City, GAOctober 6, 2014
After putting in 8 year of hard work, an unfair district manager took advantage of her position and forced my dismissal through a new district manager just joining the company in that position.
Cubesmart: Storage + Incompetence
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee), MD & TXOctober 4, 2014
Pros: good job security, good work/life balance
Cons: advancement opportunities: none
I worked for Cubesmart for over 5 years, at three different properties in two States. A typical day at any of the facilities starts with checking emails, voice mails from customers who were either locked inside the gate or out, overlocking delinquent customers and then calling them. Weekly walk through, light audits, maintenance checks and a lot of sweeping and dust mopping... seriously. A lot.

I learned plenty while working at Cubesmart. I also accomplished a great deal of projects on my own while really testing my own personal limits at the time. But, I'm telling you now, do not expect any recognition for what you do. At best, you'll receive a $25 "WOW" card for all your painstaking effort. And Bonuses? They were decent when I started. Then they changed the bonus structure so that you're pretty much guaranteed to get skimped out of what you truly deserve. For example: Instead of basing bonuses on revenue increases compared to the year prior, they changed it to revenue over budget. But who writes the budget? The District Manager does. And you can bet they will be setting impossible goals for you each and every month. So your previous $100 - $500 quarterly bonus (on average for me) dropped to about $0 - $175.

While I am parked on management; expect to work for some of the most self serving, arrogant "yes men" (and women) you'll ever meet. Most split halfway through the day after arriving several hours late to work. They'll give you credit for your hard work, pretty much never. And when they're caught in THEIR mistake by the District Manager, you better believe they'll use – more... you as a scapegoat almost every single time. As for the District Managers, understand that their salary is going to be at least three times what yours is. Their bonuses are about $8k - $16k per year and they usually work from home. Pretty standard for District Managers. However, they make their bonus by shorting their store's budgets (employee bonuses included). So that leaky sprinkler that's been dripping dirty brown water onto one of your customer's units? Yeah, that's not going to get fixed. Or how about that broken gate? Nope. He or she will tell you to go rig something together to fix it rather than spend $150 to have it fixed professionally. So the gate breaks several times a day creating countless complaints, the customer files a claim for their destroyed property, the city threatens fines for the leaking sprinkler and Cubesmart manages to loose even more money all at the hands of your fearless District Manager. Pretty sweet gig. Take expenditure requests by phone and email all day, deny them, and collect a fat check. All while never leaving home. This behavior was consistent for much of my time here.

My co-workers were hit or miss. One or two were tolerable. The rest kept me awake at night wondering how in the world they made it as far as they did. Some can't even manage to consistently wear their shirt right side out. Some struggle to arrive to work sober. And others are pretty close to being certifiably illiterate.

The hardest part of the job was three fold. Gaining recognition was impossible, working with management was like working for Sadam, and my co-workers made my head hurt just watching them.

However, despite all the negative aspects of this job, it will be just about the perfect job for you if you like to manage your own time and if you have a high tolerance for under-qualified leadership. The benefits sucked when I was there. Way too expensive if you plan on making a living wage. But that could have changed since I left. Working hours are good too. Almost no late nights. I think in the 5 years, I worked maybe 3 late nights. But only in very rare/special circumstances.

2 out of 5. Only because there is good job security and you can usually manage your own time during the day. You can do everything in the morning, before you leave or spread your work out evenly in the day. The options are literally...three. – less
N/A
General Manger-Storage Units (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYSeptember 25, 2014
Working at cubesmart I learned to have strong time management, communication, organizational and follow-through skills. The ability to prioritize and provide self-motivation and to motivate others, to Work well in a team environment or independently.
GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR
Manager (Current Employee), arizonaSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: flexable work scheduled
Cons: hours of operation 9:30 to 6:00
I have been here almost 1 year and I can say IT"S a great company. They really care about their employee's. Highly recommend working here. Pay on the other hand not the greatest but it get the bills paid.
Great Employee
Manager (Current Employee), Port Saint Lucie, FLSeptember 16, 2014
Love working for this company. Great employees and upper management. Work environment is Awesome. Customers are really great and like our facility. Clean and great customer service.
Opporutnity for Advancements and educational conferences
Property Manager and Account Representative (Former Employee), Stamford, CTMay 15, 2014
Each day consisted of many collection calls as well as storage sales over the phone, internet, and walk ins.

1 2 3

About CubeSmart

CubeSmart reinvents self-storage! It's time for self-storage to get smart.CubeSmart (NYSE:CUBE) is reinventing storage and – Read more

CubeSmart Salaries