CubeSmart Employee Reviews

Not recommended for long term employment
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAJanuary 10, 2016
Use any position as a stepping stone and document everything, conversations, emails, phone call and all of the above. Do Not Get Comfortable
customer service rep
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 8, 2015
I love my job. Is a good working environment never work in place so great. They help you with your with school schedule and finances.
Not very productive and lack of communication
Janitor/Sales (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYNovember 1, 2015
Management is poor, no teamwork and no opportunity for advancement. You will stay in the same position for years with no promotion. Management rather hire someone from the outside instead from the inside. Also a lot of rear end kissing just to get promoted.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Bad pay, bad tenants and short lunch breaks
Exciting work place
mgr (Former Employee) –  panama cityOctober 19, 2015
open register,count money ,check emails,etc.respond to clients,make collection calls.I had lots of computer work to do to update files and keep current with new demands.
Pros
Meet and greet clients
Cons
short lunch, tension due to clients moving
Day to Day
Accounts Payable Analyst (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PAOctober 13, 2015
Very unprofessional group of people in the AP department. Constant verbal abuse from manager. No one is a team player and there are no friendly faces.
Productive & fun work place.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 6, 2015
Working at Cubesmart is full of fun challenges. Meeting new people every day, and assisting their needs is very rewarding. The team is very supportive, way, and the potential to grow and develop was a great learning experience.
Learned the Business
Site Associate (Current Employee) –  Newburgh, NYSeptember 17, 2015
Enjoyed the management to C-level. Excellent job of communicating with employees. Plenty of training to ensure a superior level of customer service.
Pros
Management Team & Direction
Cons
Pay
Lack of Opportunity
General Manager - Delsea Dr Property (Current Employee) –  Sewell, NJJuly 30, 2015
A typical day at work starts with opening the store (same as any retail store). The day is all about maintenance of the facility, sales, and customer service. I learned a lot about sales and how to properly manage a facility in my time here. The lower management always makes themselves available to each facility and is always willing to listen to ideas. Upper management less so. My co-workers, other than my assistant, I only see them once a quarter at our company meeting unless providing coverage or providing merchandise to their location from mine. The hardest part of the job is the understanding that there is very little promotion opportunity. I was originally told I could not make General Manager for at least a year, I made it in 8 months. Once I was made a GM, I was informed that the District was being restructured and the likelihood of promotion availability would most likely not occur for 5 or more years. The most enjoyable part of this job is the ability to work one on one with the customers, as well as once you struggle through originally taking over the property and making it your own it gains a life unto itself that requires very little to keep it running well. I would have a hard time leaving this job if the money was better and the opportunity for advancement was available.
Productive environment
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 15, 2015
I have enjoyed learning as a manager at Cube Smart. Everyday I am allowed to use my analytical skills for problem solving with customer needs.
Pros
Great schedule
Cons
N/A
Fun place to work, but you better fit their mold.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 9, 2015
It was a fun place to work, but they look for a particular style of person to work there. If you are very outgoing, friendly, and very excited about life, you won't fit in. There is no room for advancement, they only choose the people they like, even if you are better qualified, you will not be picked. There is a lot of back biting. Some DM's don't even work the schedule they are required too. Come 4:00pm, they are out the door, and good luck getting a hold of them.
Pros
Easy, every day the same.
very productive
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 27, 2015
handled about 80 calls a day. learned how to manage a store alone, expand vocabulary. learned how to handle certain situations under pressure. being able to be myself was the most enjoyable.
Pros
alot of ways to grow
Cons
short break
An enjoyable workplace
Manager (but not a manager) (Current Employee) –  Rahway, NJJune 26, 2015
Good teamwork, learning new things, helping people decide on what size storage Cube will work for them, great co-workers, pleasant cutomers
very customer friendly and productive
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 24, 2015
Good management team as well as staff , i enjoyed that the company focused on the needs of the customer as well as their employees, i always enjoy a job thats about the staff as well as the money !
In House Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PAJune 22, 2015
Corporate level environment. Not the best management skills at a high level. Not very personable. No room for growth. No direction on how to move forward on projects.
Great easy paced job, good pay and benefit. Employees and supervisors are all very professional.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 9, 2015
Leases are presented on a daily bases for customer storage rentals. Management is very helpful in what ever your needs are and listen to your ideas. Co-workers are like if in a family environment.
Pros
Lets you interact with many new customers daily.
Cons
Promotions are not easy to come by due to low turnover.
Good Company
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  HoustonJune 7, 2015
Its a good company to work for if you have a busy life and family however the turn over rate is high and depending on the district you work in.
Pros
Good Hours
Cons
Bad Leadership
A loooot of down time, no advancement
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TexasMay 31, 2015
A typical day at work:
Open store, check building, overlock late Customers, collection calls, take any payments that come in, any walk in move ins, and follow up reservations.
There is probably about 3 hours worth of work to do ( if you always stay on top of things around the property) , the rest of the time you just chill.
If you work with an AM be prepared to be alone almost ALL the time.
I never get any credit for keeping my store nice.
Management is okay.
Hardest part of the job, or most annoying, is constantly picking up after people.
I would rate my job a 5 on a scale of 10.
It pays okay, could be better, not many raises.
Not much room for advancement.
Pros
alot of down time
Cons
short lunches, always alone, babysitting property
poor management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAMay 18, 2015
Management talk down, Company don't care about employee or customers.. Pay sucks. If they don't like you there's no moving up.
Good company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Lumberton, NJApril 26, 2015
Great co workers, working outside is not so enjoyable or witnessing customer hardships but they do confide in you with their problems which makes you feel helpful to them.
selfish inconsiderate management
manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia SCMarch 29, 2015
job started off as part time went to full time hours kept increasing until I was working more than the general manager.weekend time off was non-existent. constantly threatened with temination when I brought my concerns to DM. the computer metrics whom we were told was reliable would say we will receive a bonus most months but the DM always manage to find some reason not to give it to us. if I did receive a bonus it was about $50. my overall experience was good in the beginning but in the end it was atrocious and the DM was mainly the cause along with another backstabbing general manager. if you like working alone and dealing with customers and dusty units this job is for you. the pay and bonuses are low but you do learn about the storage industry. and sometimes you can live on the premises for free but they will use it as a means to exploit you knowing that you don't want to lose the apartment
Pros
learning about storage industry, working alone, sometimes free use of on premise apt
Cons
low pay, low to non-existent bonus, little say in matters that concerns you