CubeSmart Employee Reviews

Energitc, fun, great people to work with
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 5, 2017
I really have enjoyed the time I have spent with CubeSmart but the property I worked at for them was sold over a year ago and I have been waiting ever since to get a new property with housing. I am temporarily living with another employee and I have either get a place on my own which I have tried for over a year but rental prices here in Denver are way to high so I need my own property again with housing to help.
Pros
Hour lunches, medical, sick & vaction time, 401k match
Cons
Hard to deal with transitions and status with company
Great work environment.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Brighton, MAFebruary 2, 2017
Although we are a business, we all are like family. As a company i couldn't ask for another company to work for. I really appreciate this company. Much much respect and love and togetherness with this company. Ive never seen this in any of my other employers
Low pay for strenuous work!!!
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Romulus, MIJanuary 15, 2017
The job itself isn't difficult, but the added work load and low pay makes it very stressful and you get to feeling that you aren't appreciated nor valued, just another body.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
on call, poor upper management, unsafe work tasks
Most average job USA
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 11, 2017
Regular routines. Mainly cleaning and counting the right change. Perfect for someone who is straight out of high school or for a part time college student.

Not many chances to move up and make "retirement" type of money unless you aspire to be a District Manager or work in the Home office in PA.
The pros of working for the company
Store/Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Harvey, LAJanuary 10, 2017
This company is great to work for the hours of operation are amazing. I still can build time for my family outside of work. very positive atmosphere and one on one relationships with the customers.
Pros
great hours
Cons
only two employees
Good employer with opportunities for advancement.
Facility Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 26, 2016
As a manager at CubeSmart, initiative and common sense is required to do the job well. If you like dealing with people CubeSmart attracts all types of customers, I'm never bored at my location. Customers who rent storage are all going through a transition in their lives so you have to be sensitive to that and have a tough skin and not be over sensitive. You get use out of the box ways to create solutions
Pros
Customer service, you can call any facility or location to get help
Cons
You need a car
Interaction with Customers and negotiations
Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC 20011December 7, 2016
The interaction with the Customers and negotiating everyday on a consistent basis. The Customers are always right however I've learned to find an agreement.
Pros
Freedom to make decisions.
Cons
Short breaks
Excellent company with plenty of growth opportunities!
General Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 7, 2016
Love this company! Would definitely go back one day! Great management structure and tons of resources. Plenty of job perks. Since this is a corporate run storage company they have your back when you need it.
Pros
Living rent Free
Cons
Manual Labor
Issues With Management
Store Manager/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTNovember 1, 2016
management was understanding, easy company to work for. would not mind working for the company again in the future, had issue with fellow store manager, requested transfer and was denied.
Laid back atmospere
Manager (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TX 76063October 26, 2016
Just like Storage Depot, nothing bad to say about the company. CubeSmart taught me a lot and I have been able to use my experiences in other areas.
Good company to work for
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 26, 2016
Solid foundation and great culture. However pay is not worth the amount of work they desire on a day to day basis especially for store managers. Lowest paid I. The industry with the most amount of work they want done.
Great Company, Low Compansation
Accounts Payable Representative (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PAJuly 30, 2016
Management needs improvement in AP department. Shouldn't be a manager. Compansation should definitely be higher for all the work you put in. Great company to work for though, very friendly and great environment otherwise.
Pros
great people, friendly
Cons
compansation
Work day
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 13, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job was doing just that...Maintenance. It is something I enjoy and do with a passion. Helping other and working with my coworkers was a memorable experience.
One of the most insulting and degrading places to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Mount Prospect, ILJuly 10, 2016
I was given 2 days of training and expected to have learned every single thing about working there in those two days which is not nearly enough time. I was then moved to my location which the General Manager is a known raging Alcoholic which comes in after drinking and harasses the Manager. This was known by the District Manager and then never mentioned to me. I was then moved to a store with the angriest racist man I have ever met as a General Manager. Who would frequently talk about European people and how terrible they are. Then without being given time to understand my location and the ins and outs I was moved again to a store with an openly homosexual manager who frequently pushed the boundries by sharing stories and pictures. The District Manager was one of the laziest people in the world and I was fired after I got hurt after falling off a faulty ladder. This company is literally the most twofaced horrible company in America. If you enjoy being screwed over, talked down to, having people talk behind your back, and enjoy making your living off of people who can't make enough money to keep their belongings in the unbelievably over priced units then this is the job for you. If you value dignity and being able to sleep at night, you will find a better option anywhere....even begging on the street has more dignity than working for these low lifes
Pros
very lazy job
Cons
everything about this company, they are evil
All Star
Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 10, 2016
I left for an industrial maintenance job that doubled my pay and I still had to think twice about leaving. I also got my wife hired because of the awesome environment which was a $500 bonus! Very easy work if you are self motivated and enjoy working in an office and outdoors. Great mix of maintenance and managing. Awesome team and your efforts are often recognized and rewarded including WOW! cards and the quarterly and annual All Star award which I won. Granted a few are un motivated as they have never had to hold a real job before, or came from a sub par storage company leaving many of us to do all the work but you will have that everywhere you work. CubeSmart is quick to recognize those who work hard but in the same breath are quick to take advantage of the harder workers with laughable raises.
CubeSmart is very flexible when it comes to life's unexpected issues so long as there are enough employees for coverage. We tripled in size in our area within the two years I worked there leaving many stores single covered if any coverage.
The lack of pay and career advancement are the main reasons I left. I was a go to guy for anything but was one of the lowest paid. I was offered a couple General Manager jobs within the company and when I stated how much I needed to make I was passed up for a lower paid outsider to come in with no experience in storage. But I have also always believed that you should get paid for the work you do and this job is extremely easy compared to the other jobs I have had.
The worst part of the job is dealing with irritated customers due to rate increases,
  more... maintenance issues not being fixed in a timely manner because of the few approved vendors we are allowed to use, and the stresses of disposal sales.  less
Pros
Awesome team, Good mix of maintenance and managing
Cons
Pay, lack of advancement
Work Unsupervised
Property Manager Exton and Langhorne Stores (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJuly 3, 2016
CubeSmart is a growing company, however there is limited growth within the structure to move up the ladder. The Company tends to hire from outside the company than from within. CubeSmart is a great opportunity to learn the full experience of Property Management. One must be self motivated to experience all the company has to offer to employees.
Pros
Great for self motivated person. Little supervision.
Cons
Very inconsistent with people, rules and work ethic. No advancement within the company.
Fun place to work and very understanding
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Katy, TXJune 11, 2016
The team is very understanding when comes to having family emergencies and disasters happen in your life. Most jobs give you a hard time and want you to prove everything you say. But, I can say I do not have a problem with that when it comes to this company.
Great environment for advancement
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 14, 2016
I have been working in storage for around two years and I had previously only worked in luxury boutiques but I feel as if in CubeSmart I have actually been able to learn more about leading and working with others. The company does need improvements regarding pay and how the raises are set up. Somehow everyone knows each other which I'm surprised because it is a big company. The hardest part of the job is getting yelled at by customers even though they clearly know that as an employee we can't randomly give a discount here and there. A typical day at work consists of doing cube audits and helping customers with rentals as well as selling merchandise. The best part is the relationships formed with customers that do recognize how we work to help them.
porductive
Delivery Driver Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 25, 2016
I packed boxes, wraped up boxes, wrap furniture, deliver furniture, from point a to point b.
I learned how to maintain stability, paste myself, and accountability. Co-workers were social didnt hold much of a bond,yet, we spoke on need to converse basis.
fun with varied duties, never got dull
Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 21, 2016
open office, counted cash drawer, got computers programs up and running, check office emails and phone messages, did morning walk thru of building and grounds, expertly handled customers and potential customers. dealt with problems and addressed them in a timely manner. showed available units to lease, close the deal with added products such as insurance, locks, boxes and other items, greeted phone customers by script and locked in appointment for viewing units, did maintenance task for the day, did all paperwork, counted cash drawer, and balanced the dailys, closed office.
Pros
always something to do
Cons
some employees would take credit or not share the credit.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CubeSmart. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8