Cubic Corporation

Cubic Corporation United States Employee Reviews

It Gets Old Very Soon
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Concord, CAApril 27, 2015
Pros: Compensation
Cons: Organizational stiffness
Interesting business domain.
Opportunity to work with embedded development, if you're into it.
Too many non-technical managers.
Good Place to work if you like to travel.
Technician (Former Employee), Tullahoma, TNApril 27, 2015
This is a good place to work. I worked with a lot of great people. I did learn a lot working here but the travel in the department I was in was very extensive.
Good company but bad management team.
Customer Service Call Center (Former Employee), Tullahoma TennesseeApril 16, 2015
Pros: good insurance, okay pay
Cons: micromanaged, favoritism
I worked with the company for about 3 years in the call center. Management had their favorites. My manager had her bulldog that would watch your every move. If you didn't bring food or dress up for the monthly potlucks you were an outsider. Training was lacking and the systems that we worked on was very slow. They wanted us on and off the phone in 5 mins but you done good to get the customers account researched in 5 mins.Your bathroom breaks were timed and you will be talked to if you go to the bathroom to much. It is very micromanaged.
Good place to have worked. Learned a lot and room for advancement.
Shipping Supervisor (Former Employee), Tullahoma, TNMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Strong Inter-Relationships, room for advancement and focus on improvement
Cons: High turnover of temporary workforce, some office politics
Cubic was a good place to have worked. Management expects a lot from the employee, but they gave a sufficient amount of time for one to learn and hone their skills. At Cubic, I wore several different hats of responsibility and I was afforded both time and training to succeed in each of my roles. Cubic manufactures revenue collection systems geared at mass transit systems throughout the world. No two systems are the same as the customers requirements vary from location to location. This creates individualized requirements for each product built and shipped which leads to multiple customer requirement profiles. In my opinion, this is both the hardest and most enjoyable part of the job as every item has specific needs, whether it be packaging, documentation, specialized transportation or a chain of advanced notifications/authorizations prior to shipment. Along with good communication between departments, the employees at Cubic were great to work with. There was a real team atmosphere among all departments.
Overall a great Experience
Simulation Analyst/Trainer (Former Employee), Camp PendletonMarch 2, 2015
If you are getting out of the military and looking for a slow transition back into the civilian world this is a great job! Unfortunately there is no room for growth and job security is very low. With that being said, Cubic Defense Applications is a great company with great benefits.
Ups and downs
Technician (Current Employee), MississippiJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: pay, pto
Cons: benefits, upper management, mobility
Upper management is nowhere to be seen, ever. My program manager is great, but above that it's a crapshoot.

Benefits are terrible, and got worse with ObamaCare. Health insurance costs are ridiculous.

Good pay, good pto.

No room for growth.
Fun place to work
language Role player (Former Employee), Fayetteville ,NCJanuary 23, 2015
Worked as interpreter, adviser, for US Army ( Special Forces )for overseas culture. ..............
TVs for breaks, ping pong tables something to keep your mind at ease.
quality control (Former Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 23, 2014
Pros: they always gave appreciation luncheons for a job well done.
Cons: short lunch breaks, but i got use to it
I think this company was a great company to work for. I really hated when it moved all the jobs to Mexico. My co worker was helpful and nice to work with. Management doors was always open no matter what the problem.
Productive and fun place to be
Analyst (Current Employee), San Diego, CANovember 4, 2014
Great company to work for. The people are what make the company.
A fulfilling position, assisting in the training of troops.
JIIM Specialist,Civilian On Battlefield Roleplayer (Current Employee), Fort Polk North, LAOctober 26, 2014
Pros: job satisfaction
Cons: do not work every month
A fulfilling position, adding real time training with the army units, before they deploy.
My position is to have contact with the rotational units, presenting a series of problems for them to resolve, using the training and protocols they have already used.
Most recently, I have portrayed a Charity Relief Organisation, my dealings with the unit produce a conflict of interest for them between the mission and their own humanitarian relief.
My position requires a lot of research in order to produce informed and coherent arguments and reports when meeting the civil affairs teams.
Most of what I do is free play, not scripted. I find this interesting as often I have to keep my wits about me and think on my feet as the meetings progress, for better or worse.
I take a lot of pride and job satisfaction in creating the same problems that they are likely to face on deployment, so that the troops will not make the same mistakes and come home safely.
Training wasnt enough. mamagement and leads lie
call center (Former Employee), tullahoma tnOctober 21, 2014
Pros: not far from home
Cons: not enough training then dismisses for performance
Worked through staffing to get the job. Was told had 6 weeks to 6 months of training to learn more about company and get training needed to improve. First two weeks was in a class room with trainer who spoke more about cell phones than the job. During training turned ungodly music on and when was told couldn't concentrate, trainer laughed said we wouldn't make it out on floor if we couldn't handle that. Was given one week by myself on floor with leads and main supervisor telling me to take my time and give them 6 wks before questioning if I could do it or not. After exactly 30 days was let go with no warning. They all lied!!!! Immature people work there and if you don't celebrate their holidays and decorate your desk and dress up however they state then that makes you not a team player. They put on a good show when you first start to make you think its the best company. But you will quickly learn if you're not their type then you're out. Wouldn't suggest working in Tullahoma TN.
Outstanding Workplace
Tutor / Instructor (Former Employee), El PasoSeptember 17, 2014
Started as an instructor with this company. Very employee orientated company that specialized in the training of our fellow service members
I enjoyed building training simulators.
Senior Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 24, 2014
Pros: air conditioned enviroment
Cons: there were no cons.
A typical day was getting the materials and parts together to build a training simulator using drawings from engineers. Sometimes I would have to travel to install the training simulators. I learned a lot of how things work and what it takes to put something together. I enjoyed working with my co-workers.
Great place to work but the company is going through a major transition under new leadership
Principal Logistics Engineer - (Current Employee), San DiegoAugust 18, 2014
fast paced, multi-tasking, rapid changes in priorites from one day to the next. Not very deep in logistics personnel.
Productive work environment with various opporunities to grow your career
Contracts/Subcontracts/Global Trafficking Intern (Current Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 6, 2014
Cubic is a great company that provides it's employees with great job opportunities. The benifits are great and all of the employees are kind and helpful. The jobs at Cubic are challenging and constantly evolving. Management is very approachable and willing to listen and take all ideas into consideration.
good company
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Concord, CAAugust 2, 2014
Cons: not enough room for advancement
Cubic was pretty fair for everyone I beleive. strict on attendance. approval of time off within 30 days preferred.
Loved my job
Billing Analyst (Former Employee), SAn Diego CaJuly 31, 2014
Pros: great benefts
processed commercial invoices, prepared government payments, worked well with all my co-workers
Fun place to work
Clipper Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Concord, CAJuly 29, 2014
Pros: contest and prizes for the most sales.
Cons: company call center closing down.
over my co workers. The supervisors were amazing and great at what they do.
Working For Cubic
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Concord, CAJune 19, 2014
A typical day consists of answering inbound calls, responding to customer's emails and feedbacks from the website.
Micromanaging at its finest
Customer Service Support (Former Employee), Concord, CAApril 21, 2014
Pros: its a job
Cons: backstabbing, favoritism
If you love being looked over while the favorite people are advancing, Cubic is the company for you. Imagine being recognized at your previous job for your excellent customer service and moving to a mediocre job where only the manager's pets are recognized. It is very dysfunctional. Leads/supervisors are non existent when a customer wants to escalate an issue or if they are available they dodge taking the call.

1 2 3

About Cubic Corporation

Who We Are Cubic is a diversified systems and services company in transportation and defense markets worldwide. We are a leading – Read more

Cubic Corporation Salaries