Cubic Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Do not recommend working at Tullahoma call center
customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Tullahoma, TNDecember 1, 2015
The call center has a great Manager, but lower management is stuck in Junior High School. There is poor training for lower management, as there is favoritism and extremely immature behavior among them.
There is very little praise and will tell you what you did wrong or how bad you are at your job with a smile. Was promised to have weekends off during the hiring process and interview, but was told that I had to choose a weekend day to work, as "It's a requirement" for the position. And there is very, very little room for advancement in this office.
There is a call time limit (approx 5 mins per call) and that is nearly impossible due to the systems that are provided. The computers are not PCs, but simply one giant connected system that runs so slow, that the first 3 minutes of the call is just waiting for the customer's information to pull up.
Unless you are desperate for a job, I would not recommend this call center.
Pros
Paycheck, work with some decent people
Cons
Poor management, favoritism among management and workers, micromanaging, low morale
Great company, but little advancement.
Assembler/Machine Setup Operator (Current Employee) –  Tullahoma, TNOctober 6, 2015
This is a great company to work for. Excellent benefits, decent pay, and they do a lot for the employees (free company picnic and Christmas party). But there is little room for advancement and some of the management is questionable.
benefits
Cons
management
Energetic group of sophisticated engineers that know when to get things done and when to relax
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAJuly 25, 2015
Great company as a whole that has a definite grasp on what a customer wants and needs when it comes to a system that can benefit the public in their travels using public transportation.
Dead End Workplace
Quality Control / Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Tullahoma, TNJuly 10, 2015
Cubic is a great place to work. People are friendly, things run fairly smoothly, and the work in itself is very stress free. The work environment is clean and quiet, with no need for any safety equipment other than ESD protection.

Cubic also abuses the temporary staffing services more than any company I've ever known of. In my time working for Cubic I was promoted two times and given very high marks on my reviews for workmanship. Setup stations and trained workers on various tasks which I also created training materials for them to follow. I applied for every full time position available at Cubic for 2.5 years and never once received even an interview. If you aren't on a personal level with management here you will never get hired. During my time working here and getting to know most of the long time employees, they all informed me on several occasions that the job postings are solely for show. Some workers have been at this facility for 5-6 years as temporary workers. I have several certifications and many years IT experience, yet was never considered for jobs I was more qualified to do than what I was doing.

In short, unless you're going to work in the offices or know the upper management personally I wouldn't recommend working for Cubic. This is not a place to start a career as you will most likely be a temporary worker for the rest of your life. I was hoping to make a career at Cubic as I loved working for the company for a long time, but eventually being abused and underpaid as a temporary worker gets old. If you want a throw-away job work here, otherwise
  more... move on.  less
Pros
Great Work Environment, Friendly Co-Workers, Low Stress
Cons
Advancement Opportunities, Abuse of Temporary Placement Systems, Favoritism
Great Company
Training Analysis Facility (TAF) Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Irwin, CAJuly 5, 2015
Great job for veterans/retirees from the military with experience with working at NTC. For non-salary positions its typically an 8 hour work day and management is willing to work with you if you need time off.
Pros
Good managment and set work times
Cons
Long drive to work if you do not live on post and you need to be willing to work weekends.
Great people, good workplace.
Game Tester Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 13, 2015
Co-workers were fantastic, a great place to be if you really want to work and get things done. It has a great environment, a great building, and a great learning experience as an intern.
Pros
Amazing break room
Cons
Communication can be lacking.
A Day at Cubic
Settlement Accountant (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAJune 12, 2015
Currently, I am working for Cubic Transportation Systems in the area of Financial and Transaction Processing Management for Clipper Card. We manage the day-to-day operations of the clearing and settlement functions, as well as reconciliation of ACH daily transfers between financial institutions, participating operators, and other vendors.

Typical day at work consists of cross-training, majority of reconciling and clearing our GL accounts and research. A lot of our process are manual and very tedious due to system enhancements and reports currently not being automated.

I have built strong relationships with my colleagues and are always helpful as we consider ourselves ONE TEAM. When we are not hectic with schedules, we set up fun events for everyone to enjoy.
Pros
local, no commute, fair compensation
Cons
politics, minimum career growth
It Gets Old Very Soon
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAApril 27, 2015
Interesting business domain.
Opportunity to work with embedded development, if you're into it.
Too many non-technical managers.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Organizational stiffness
Good Place to work if you like to travel.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Tullahoma, TNApril 27, 2015
This is a good place to work. I worked with a lot of great people. I did learn a lot working here but the travel in the department I was in was very extensive.
Good company but bad management team.
Customer Service Call Center (Former Employee) –  Tullahoma TennesseeApril 16, 2015
I worked with the company for about 3 years in the call center. Management had their favorites. My manager had her bulldog that would watch your every move. If you didn't bring food or dress up for the monthly potlucks you were an outsider. Training was lacking and the systems that we worked on was very slow. They wanted us on and off the phone in 5 mins but you done good to get the customers account researched in 5 mins.Your bathroom breaks were timed and you will be talked to if you go to the bathroom to much. It is very micromanaged.
Pros
good insurance, okay pay
Cons
micromanaged, favoritism
Good place to have worked. Learned a lot and room for advancement.
Shipping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tullahoma, TNMarch 30, 2015
Cubic was a good place to have worked. Management expects a lot from the employee, but they gave a sufficient amount of time for one to learn and hone their skills. At Cubic, I wore several different hats of responsibility and I was afforded both time and training to succeed in each of my roles. Cubic manufactures revenue collection systems geared at mass transit systems throughout the world. No two systems are the same as the customers requirements vary from location to location. This creates individualized requirements for each product built and shipped which leads to multiple customer requirement profiles. In my opinion, this is both the hardest and most enjoyable part of the job as every item has specific needs, whether it be packaging, documentation, specialized transportation or a chain of advanced notifications/authorizations prior to shipment. Along with good communication between departments, the employees at Cubic were great to work with. There was a real team atmosphere among all departments.
Pros
Strong Inter-Relationships, room for advancement and focus on improvement
Cons
High turnover of temporary workforce, some office politics
Overall a great Experience
Simulation Analyst/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Camp PendletonMarch 2, 2015
If you are getting out of the military and looking for a slow transition back into the civilian world this is a great job! Unfortunately there is no room for growth and job security is very low. With that being said, Cubic Defense Applications is a great company with great benefits.
Ups and downs
Technician (Current Employee) –  MississippiJanuary 25, 2015
Upper management is nowhere to be seen, ever. My program manager is great, but above that it's a crapshoot.

Benefits are terrible, and got worse with ObamaCare. Health insurance costs are ridiculous.

Good pay, good pto.

No room for growth.
Pros
pay, pto
Cons
benefits, upper management, mobility
Fun place to work
language Role player (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville ,NCJanuary 23, 2015
Worked as interpreter, adviser, for US Army ( Special Forces )for overseas culture. ..............
Great work environment with good team work
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAJanuary 8, 2015
Enjoyed my time there. Would go back in a second. Free coffee.
TVs for breaks, ping pong tables something to keep your mind at ease.
quality control (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 23, 2014
I think this company was a great company to work for. I really hated when it moved all the jobs to Mexico. My co worker was helpful and nice to work with. Management doors was always open no matter what the problem.
Pros
they always gave appreciation luncheons for a job well done.
Cons
short lunch breaks, but i got use to it
Productive and fun place to be
Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 4, 2014
Great company to work for. The people are what make the company.
A fulfilling position, assisting in the training of troops.
JIIM Specialist,Civilian On Battlefield Roleplayer (Current Employee) –  Fort Polk North, LAOctober 26, 2014
A fulfilling position, adding real time training with the army units, before they deploy.
My position is to have contact with the rotational units, presenting a series of problems for them to resolve, using the training and protocols they have already used.
Most recently, I have portrayed a Charity Relief Organisation, my dealings with the unit produce a conflict of interest for them between the mission and their own humanitarian relief.
My position requires a lot of research in order to produce informed and coherent arguments and reports when meeting the civil affairs teams.
Most of what I do is free play, not scripted. I find this interesting as often I have to keep my wits about me and think on my feet as the meetings progress, for better or worse.
I take a lot of pride and job satisfaction in creating the same problems that they are likely to face on deployment, so that the troops will not make the same mistakes and come home safely.
Pros
job satisfaction
Cons
do not work every month
Training wasnt enough. mamagement and leads lie
call center (Former Employee) –  tullahoma tnOctober 21, 2014
Worked through staffing to get the job. Was told had 6 weeks to 6 months of training to learn more about company and get training needed to improve. First two weeks was in a class room with trainer who spoke more about cell phones than the job. During training turned ungodly music on and when was told couldn't concentrate, trainer laughed said we wouldn't make it out on floor if we couldn't handle that. Was given one week by myself on floor with leads and main supervisor telling me to take my time and give them 6 wks before questioning if I could do it or not. After exactly 30 days was let go with no warning. They all lied!!!! Immature people work there and if you don't celebrate their holidays and decorate your desk and dress up however they state then that makes you not a team player. They put on a good show when you first start to make you think its the best company. But you will quickly learn if you're not their type then you're out. Wouldn't suggest working in Tullahoma TN.
Pros
not far from home
Cons
not enough training then dismisses for performance
Outstanding Workplace
Tutor / Instructor (Former Employee) –  El PasoSeptember 17, 2014
Started as an instructor with this company. Very employee orientated company that specialized in the training of our fellow service members