Cubic Corporation Employee Reviews

A good company with high impact products but lacking strong organizational guidance and managment
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 14, 2017
Stressful work environment complicated by Government's inability to improve contract award commitments on a timely basis. Program Managers are not often provided with the ability to make decisions concerning proposal strategy nor technical guidance.
Pros
compensation/benefits
Cons
management and organizational competence
Stressful place to work at
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 13, 2017
Very high turn over rate
Lack of Advancement
Not enough pay for the work
Management is all over
Quarterly meetings goals are not really followed by managers
No comment
Mission Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  J B P H H, HISeptember 8, 2017
Cubic is an excellent company to work for.
The company knows what they are doing
as far as taking care of contractors.
Excellent benefits and pay. I highly recommend this company.
Good job with good pay and benefits
Editor/Narrator (Former Employee) –  Leavenworth, KSSeptember 5, 2017
This was a very good job with good pay and benefits. We had leeway to work the hours we wanted as long as we put in 8 hours a day. We also worked independently, with no one looking over our shoulders. The hardest part was keeping up with the number of assignments and managing our time. The only negative was that it was contract work, and there was always the possibility that our contract might not be renewed.
Pros
Work hours, pay and benefits were good
Cons
Job security - we could lose our job if the contract wasn't renewed.
Satisfying job.
Work Group Leader (Supervisor) (Former Employee) –  Ft. Polk, LASeptember 4, 2017
Get the mission for the day, complete several daily duties that I assigned to the crew, prep and complete mission, and brief oncoming shift supervisor.
Pros
Supporting the Military
Cons
Working behind other supervisers that don't care about like I did.
Unique Learning Opportunity
Media-on-the-Battlefield (Former Employee) –  Fort Polk, LAAugust 31, 2017
Hands down, this was one of the most enlightening and rewarding jobs of my professional career. My employer was a defense contractor who specialized in military training. My particular job was in role play with Media-on-the-Battlefield and basically I simulated real-world media in the venues of radio, newspaper and television. Our job was to present ourselves as would real-world media to the soldiers in the battlefield in order to train them on how to effectively utilize the media. This was a unique learning experience as I was completely immersed in the military culture with a first-hand opportunity to witness the intensity and thoroughness of military training. This was a very eye-opening experience for me and I developed a much deeper and richer appreciation for the extreme sacrifice that our military makes in order to serve this great nation.
Pros
Unique Learning Experience
Cons
Job was temporary and on-call based on training needs
Fun And relaxed working environment
Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 27, 2017
A typical day at Cubic starts between 0630 -0900 in the morning.
the workday is 9 hour days with a 30min launch. The hours per pay period is 80hrs. one week is 36 hours and the other is 44 hours.
Medium size Company
Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAAugust 26, 2017
A typical work day with Cubic is quiet and laid back they don't tend to micromanage. They will step in if you are having and issue. I've learned a lot with he jobs I've received while working through Cubic. The hardest part of any job is balance.
Pros
Great Healthcare and benefits
Cons
They do not have a lot of contracts
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Tullahoma, TNAugust 25, 2017
The day went at a fast pace, but it was manageable. I learned on how to read blueprints and put parts together to make a bigger products. There was not anything hard about the job. I enjoyed my time there.
Outstanding company, very supportive
Geospatial and Critical Thinking Instructor NGA (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAAugust 22, 2017
I did not work for Cubic directly. I was hired by Cubic to work for another company, but their indirect management is outstanding in all areas.
I learned how great it is to be supported by a company that takes care of its people.
Management was great.
Great workplace culture.
No difficulty because I did not work directly for Cubic, but any administrative issues was clearly rectified.
Not have pressure from the company
Pros
Takes care of employees
Cons
Not physically present. Not a problem though.
Good People to work with
Cost Estimating Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 22, 2017
People are good management having your back is lacking.
Company trying to move too quickly without acknowledging their past successes and why things worked before.
Pros
9-80 work week
Cons
Lack of support from upper management
Most people are hard working and great.
Cost Estimating Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 19, 2017
Learned a lot and met a lot of great people.
Company is changing and heading in a direction that is filled with lots of uncertainty.
The merging of company has been a challenge and the new SAP system is also a major challenge.
Pros
9/80 work schedule
Cons
Uncertainty
Good company to work for if you like a contract job.
Editor/Narrator (Former Employee) –  Leavenworth, KSAugust 18, 2017
This was a good job with good benefits and a great working environment. The only negative was the fear that the contract would not be renewed every two to three years.
Pros
Nice people, good benefits, good pay.
Cons
Some down time that could be boring.
going downhill
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Eastern USAugust 18, 2017
Cubic used to be a great place to work, but the new management is pretty clueless, and no one's job seems to be safe. They're losing contracts all over.
Fun working enviroment
Actor (ROLEPLAYER) and part time clerk (Current Employee) –  Fort Polk, LAAugust 10, 2017
I absolutely enjoy working for Cubic. It has great pay with potential of moving up for better opportunities. I absolutely love the fact that we get to be apart of training the soldiers for their upcoming deployments.
Pros
Health and Welfare
Cons
Long hours, short breaks
Low pay and no chance for advancement
Military Intelligence Analyst, Opposing Forces (Current Employee) –  Quantico, VAAugust 7, 2017
Work was sporadic, only busy when conducting exercises with various training audiences. Pay increases did not exist and it is apparent the leadership has its favorite personnel. Limited to no chance for advancement or job-related training.
High tempo high stress
Task Force 3/4 Assistant TAFF Leader (Current Employee) –  Fort Polk, LAAugust 7, 2017
We work 10 rotations a year. While we are in rotation we work 12 hr shifts for a period of 15-21 days. It is exhausting and stressful. Most stress does not come from the job but from leadership.
A pleasant work environment with a steep learning curve
NETWORK ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Cherry Point, NCJuly 20, 2017
Very happy working here. One of the few places that pay you what you're worth. You better know your stuff if you decide to work here though and be prepared to wear a few hats from time to time.
Great position for college graduates/military retirees
Senior Analyst / Travel Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJuly 20, 2017
You will find a great opportunity to prove your work skills and ethics. This position is a perfect opportunity to begin a second career. You will have many opportunities to travel the world and broaden your knowledge in your field of expertise.
Pros
Free Travel
Cons
Can be very busy
Awful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tullahoma, TNJune 24, 2017
I was released for no apparent reason. I was always early to work and back early from break. I told my boss that I had a doctors appt and then the next day they fired me. This place sucks.
Pros
Great pay, nice coworkers
Cons
Bad management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cubic Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9