CUBIC Employee Reviews

great company
Airfield Petroleum Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Irwin, CA 92310March 28, 2017
I enjoyed the benefits, it was full time job. The hours of operation were great and I utilized all my skills from the military to this job. Everyone was understanding and made accomodations for my national guard commitments.
Good company with good benefits
Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 8, 2017
Good company, top management is ethical.
Benefits are good comparable to the industry.
Flexible start and stop times in a 9/80 schedule, fair support for out of plant work (could be better on that but was improving).
Many highly talented employees here.
Casual dress code and lively culture.
Location is in south of Orlando, not close to customer and industry partner companies which is not great, given Orlando traffic.
Company is global, so there are opportunities for travel or transfers.
Headquarters in San Diego, weather almost always good there if you have to go out.
Pros
Fulfilling and interesting work in a globally connected company.
Cons
Defense industry jobs often boom and bust, i.e., potential for layoffs.
Stable company with long term contracts
Applications, Commodity Management Section Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort Polk, LAOctober 28, 2016
CUBIC is a good company to work for with the understanding that they a a bare bones type company willing to make any cut necessary to maintain or win the next contract. An example being cutting full time positions and making them part time on call. CUBIC also has a long history of hiring and promoting those they feel are loyal over those that are the best qualified. This leads to a mid level management tier that does not fully understand the Army requirements and forces lower level part timers to pick up the slack created.
Pros
Contract Stability
Cons
Promotes loyalty over best qualified
Interesting place to work for
Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 23, 2016
Job security is unfortunate with this company. Never plan buying a home if you depend solely on your own salary. You may start tomorrow and the next day you may be looking elsewhere. As for the rest, it is fun to work for. Many company/employee events.
Pros
Fun place to work for
Cons
No Job security
Large conglomerate with locations worldwide, corporate offices based in San Diego. Simulation training systems for the Defense Dept., communication sy
PC Specialist and Computer Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 15, 2016
Prepared PCs and laptops in accordance with corporate standards for use in various business and engineering environments. Installed various hardware(client and server) and software(OS and apps). Network setup for both LAN and WAN. Performed authorized custom installs when appropriate and assisted in conversions and updates. Performed workstation and LAN analytics to trouble-shoot and repair systems. Answered helpdesk phone to directly assist users with hardware/software requests and/or problems. Maintained and controlled the PC/laptop inventory.

Scheduled and organized work load between first and third shifts. Assisted and supported other operators, team of two Data Center Operators. Established operator procedures and maintained/updated documentation. Served as the direct contact/laison for in-house and contracted support groups.
Pros
Excellent benefits, workplace, people
Cons
corporate
No Fun at all
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 23, 2016
Whole day work
No enjoyment
Old style school.
No Job security, boss always watches over your shoulders and very micro management.
Pros
There should be fun environment
Great people who have the customer's best interest as the number one concern.
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAJune 3, 2016
Very cutomer focused. They believe in a good work/life balance. The management is in touch with the employees on a regular basis.
Good workplace
General Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYApril 1, 2016
A typical day at work included a lot of typing and paper work. We reviewed soldier's benefits and life insurance policy for soldier readiness processing, reintegration, and whenever they felt like coming in to update information. I made dog tags, I tried my hardest to make sure that one guys ex wife was off of his paperwork and that was probably the most difficult to deal with...angry people. But it was easy to calm them down. I really loved everyone I worked with.
Pros
hours, good pay, fun people
Cons
angry people, no lunch breaks
Great start to my Technical career
Service Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 14, 2016
The Service desk offers a great environment and I am blessed to be part of such a great team that really takes care of each other. One of the down sides of the IT department is the advancement, most of the members of the service desk have been there for about 3-4 years, and the common trend is that employees have to move out to move up professionally. Since working with the company I have only seen the department hire out rather that promote within.
Pros
Grate work environment
Cons
Advancement
Military Maintenance Training Instructor (Current Employee) –  Fort Lee, VAFebruary 3, 2016
I train US Army Soldiers in Military Vehicle Maintenance where we teach them what it's like to learn simple maintenance in the US Army.
Intelligence
Targeting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pearl Harbor, HIJanuary 27, 2016
Seems like a good company, however, after running out of funds after only 5 months on a "2-year" contract, I can't make a fair assessment.
Helping to train soldiers
Role Player (Former Employee) –  Fort Polk, LADecember 19, 2015
A typical day was training soldiers in scenario's they man encounter when deploying. I learned some different languages, worked with people from other countries.
Pros
Helping soldiers
Cons
Long Hours
Pregressive Company with high calibur Talent
contractor (Current Employee) –  HawaiiNovember 4, 2015
Great place to work with high energy, extremely talented work force that strives for Customer Service. Goal oriented organization that allows employees the freedom to develop the programs they are responsible for in a positive environment. Challenging environment that develops employee abilities and strengths.
Good working enviornment
Simulation Technician (Former Employee) –  Camp Parks, CAOctober 14, 2015
Great company for advancement and learning experience. I enjoyed my work experience with this company. The most enjoyable part of the job was the learning experience.
Pros
Good company to work for
Cons
Medical benefits
Good job
Data Collector (Former Employee) –  Fort Polk, LAJuly 9, 2015
This is a good place to transition to if you are leaving the Army and are looking to supplement your retirementso it is a good fit.
Pros
lots of time off
Cons
Shift work
good work place.
Counter IED Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fort Polk, LaMay 23, 2015
Worked outside everyday had very little office time just took care of what needed to be done mowing the grass using a variety of tools provided to me.
Pros
hours of work and days off holidays, weekends)
Cons
contract renewals
I felt that the managment took very good care of their employees.
Military Analyst/Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Leavenworth, KSMay 18, 2015
I enjoyed my time with CUBIC and I felt that the management took very good care of their employees. The work I did was 9 to 5 and the vacation time was very fair. My coworkers were competent and reliable for the most part.
Pros
Good Benefits, good work environment, fair pay
Cubic is pretty decent
Intelligence Analyst Technician (Current Employee) –  Barstow, CAMarch 31, 2015
The defined work hours are changed and there is no set, Day shift, mid shift or night shift however, at the end of every rotation your overtime hours convert to a 7 consecutive days off every month. The promotions are not always available unless you have a degree and even then there is not a whole lot of room for advancement. The work is good, the pay is decent, and if you are competent then the work environment is ideal. This is a great job for a recently retired from military or a starter job for someone that just got out of the military.
Pros
one week off every month
Cons
unstable work hours
Great company
Operations (Current Employee) –  Fort Lee, VASeptember 12, 2014
Company management okay. Challenging position. Workload very heavy for one person.
Same postition different company
Material Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Benning, GAApril 21, 2014
These jobs were government contracts and throughout my whole resume' are basically the same