CUBIC Employee Reviews in United States

Good workplace
General Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYApril 1, 2016
A typical day at work included a lot of typing and paper work. We reviewed soldier's benefits and life insurance policy for soldier readiness processing, reintegration, and whenever they felt like coming in to update information. I made dog tags, I tried my hardest to make sure that one guys ex wife was off of his paperwork and that was probably the most difficult to deal with...angry people. But it was easy to calm them down. I really loved everyone I worked with.
Pros
hours, good pay, fun people
Cons
angry people, no lunch breaks
Great start to my Technical career
Service Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 14, 2016
The Service desk offers a great environment and I am blessed to be part of such a great team that really takes care of each other. One of the down sides of the IT department is the advancement, most of the members of the service desk have been there for about 3-4 years, and the common trend is that employees have to move out to move up professionally. Since working with the company I have only seen the department hire out rather that promote within.
Pros
Grate work environment
Cons
Advancement
Large conglomerate with locations worldwide, corporate offices based in San Diego. Simulation training systems for the Defense Dept., communication sy
PC Specialist and Computer Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 15, 2016
Prepared PCs and laptops in accordance with corporate standards for use in various business and engineering environments. Installed various hardware(client and server) and software(OS and apps). Network setup for both LAN and WAN. Performed authorized custom installs when appropriate and assisted in conversions and updates. Performed workstation and LAN analytics to trouble-shoot and repair systems. Answered helpdesk phone to directly assist users with hardware/software requests and/or problems. Maintained and controlled the PC/laptop inventory.

Scheduled and organized work load between first and third shifts. Assisted and supported other operators, team of two Data Center Operators. Established operator procedures and maintained/updated documentation. Served as the direct contact/laison for in-house and contracted support groups.
Pros
Excellent benefits, workplace, people
Cons
corporate
Good working enviornment
Simulation Technician (Former Employee) –  Camp Parks, CAOctober 14, 2015
Great company for advancement and learning experience. I enjoyed my work experience with this company. The most enjoyable part of the job was the learning experience.
Pros
Good company to work for
Cons
Medical benefits
No Fun at all
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 23, 2016
Whole day work
No enjoyment
Old style school.
No Job security, boss always watches over your shoulders and very micro management.
Pros
There should be fun environment
Helping to train soldiers
Role Player (Former Employee) –  Fort Polk, LADecember 19, 2015
A typical day was training soldiers in scenario's they man encounter when deploying. I learned some different languages, worked with people from other countries.
Pros
Helping soldiers
Cons
Long Hours
I felt that the managment took very good care of their employees.
Military Analyst/Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Leavenworth, KSMay 18, 2015
I enjoyed my time with CUBIC and I felt that the management took very good care of their employees. The work I did was 9 to 5 and the vacation time was very fair. My coworkers were competent and reliable for the most part.
Pros
Good Benefits, good work environment, fair pay
Intelligence
Targeting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pearl Harbor, HIJanuary 27, 2016
Seems like a good company, however, after running out of funds after only 5 months on a "2-year" contract, I can't make a fair assessment.
Military Maintenance Training Instructor (Current Employee) –  Fort Lee, VAFebruary 3, 2016
I train US Army Soldiers in Military Vehicle Maintenance where we teach them what it's like to learn simple maintenance in the US Army.
Cubic is pretty decent
Intelligence Analyst Technician (Current Employee) –  Barstow, CAMarch 31, 2015
The defined work hours are changed and there is no set, Day shift, mid shift or night shift however, at the end of every rotation your overtime hours convert to a 7 consecutive days off every month. The promotions are not always available unless you have a degree and even then there is not a whole lot of room for advancement. The work is good, the pay is decent, and if you are competent then the work environment is ideal. This is a great job for a recently retired from military or a starter job for someone that just got out of the military.
Pros
one week off every month
Cons
unstable work hours
Pregressive Company with high calibur Talent
contractor (Current Employee) –  HawaiiNovember 4, 2015
Great place to work with high energy, extremely talented work force that strives for Customer Service. Goal oriented organization that allows employees the freedom to develop the programs they are responsible for in a positive environment. Challenging environment that develops employee abilities and strengths.
About 90% of employees are army Veterans
Operations Lead and Assistant Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXAugust 2, 2012
730 am to 430pm

I learned that if the upper management does not know how to counsel employees. They fired employees because they did not like them and would only listen to one side to an issue.

Co-workers were outstanding.

Demands for assignments that were not given a suspense date.

Working for and supporting the Soldiers that had to deploy .
Pros
n/a
Cons
being told to perform tasks that were not in the performance work statement.
Cubic
Co Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Polk, LAJanuary 22, 2014
I enjoyed the job very much. It made me feel good helping evaluate and analyzing soldiers getting ready to deploy to a combat zone. Knowing what we were doing might save there life. Most of us in the office were retired Army so we all got along well. We all had that sense of urgency, for mission accomplishment. We had and met high standers every rotation. The hardest part of the job, it was considered part time only 58 hours every two weeks. At times during a rotation we would work 115 pulse hours per week. We would not get paid for the over time but were given short work week (days off) in lieu of. No body wanted to leave there full time positions so advancement was not happening. Being able to help soldiers was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
pay was good for 58 hours for two week. when not in a rotation.
Cons
no pay for working overtime.
CUBIC provided me with great experience and opportunities
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYAugust 10, 2012
I had a great experience and the only reason I stopped working for them was because they were not awarded the Government Contract at the time.
Pros
401k
Cons
no advancement opportunity
Good job
Data Collector (Former Employee) –  Fort Polk, LAJuly 9, 2015
This is a good place to transition to if you are leaving the Army and are looking to supplement your retirementso it is a good fit.
Pros
lots of time off
Cons
Shift work
good work place.
Counter IED Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fort Polk, LaMay 23, 2015
Worked outside everyday had very little office time just took care of what needed to be done mowing the grass using a variety of tools provided to me.
Pros
hours of work and days off holidays, weekends)
Cons
contract renewals
Great company
Operations (Current Employee) –  Fort Lee, VASeptember 12, 2014
Company management okay. Challenging position. Workload very heavy for one person.
Great workplace
Lead General Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Fort Benning, GASeptember 13, 2013
A typical work day is very busy. have a lot of soliders to be process.management was great the people was great as well.
Management is clueless
INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 21, 2012
There is not one thing good about this company. The management doesnt care about any team members, and for the most part make it up as they go.
The job of instructing was great. Got to help troops train and come back home safe
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Camp McGregor N.M.December 12, 2013
Trained soldiers in the use of weapons, communication equipment and tactical driving in milkitary vehicle. With the use of powerpoint I gave classes on the above mentioned. Ran and supervised the weapons ranges. The most enjoyable part of my job was training troops and making sure they had all the tools to make back home safe.
Pros
great co workers, all former military.
Cons
having to work out in the cold and in the middle of summer.