Cudd Energy Services. Employee Reviews

Go elsewhere
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 3, 2017
very disorganized, low pay for the dangers of the job and they do not honor the 14 on 7 off schedule. Training is half assed or completely non-existent. Equipment was always breaking down and the company just seems cheap.
Pros
Cons
everything
Terrible management very unsafe
ETech (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 14, 2017
Worse place I ever worked at. Terrible management. The most unsafe place I ever worked at, no time off. Literally they will work you to death and if you don't like it then quit. Very poor attitude, there was a bunch of thugs and ex convicts with a prison mentality working there. There was a lot of bullying that was unnecessary along with intimidation tactics, people fighting on locations. Blowing up iron. Biggest mistake I ever made.
Pros
Cons
Possibly die from the lack of management actually being good safe smart managers
Management is unprofessional
District HSE Coordinator I (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXSeptember 9, 2017
The management is very unprofessional and the training for your job is non existent. The company makes promises to train you for your job and do not follow through with any.
Good work with good people
Coil Tubing Operator (Former Employee) –  Broussard, LAAugust 4, 2017
I worked in the coiled tubing division and it was a good job. Not the most organized company, but were good to work for. Met a bunch of great people during my duration. 24 hour on call and a lot of travel were a part of the job.
Pros
Great people and laid back atmosphere
Cons
Lots of travel and no guarunteed days off
Skilled hard work is rewarded
Coiled tubing hand (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXJuly 9, 2017
Great company to work for. They reward hard work and recognize when you're doing a good job.

I've read some of the other reviews and I don't understand the comments on low pay. I don't know about the other locations but in Odessa the pay is competitive and the hours are great. I've always got overtime and you know what you're getting paid when you accept the job.

And management has always had open lines of communication. If I've ever had a concern or question, management took the time to explain it.

Some of the other reviews must have been from lazy people that expect everything to be handed to them. The only people I've known to have issues here were lazy and/or didn't follow the company's policies. If you have good ethics, work hard, always make an effort, and you know what your doing (or ask questions when you don't) you will do good here.
Pros
They recognize hard work and they will work with your schedule.
Cons
Nothing worse than any other oil field company
Lowest pay in the area
Middle management (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJuly 4, 2017
They won't pay top dollar but wont hesitate to work you like a dog. Tired? Oh well, you're going to make 2 more round trips and then rig up.

I was part of management and a lot of their practices in the back end were focused around ensuring paperwork was covered, the employee was an after thought. We would change policy if it conflicted with an incident that happened so the company wouldn't get in trouble. Thats only a part of the shady practices that are employed there.

If you have little self respect, go for it, we all need money. But if you value your time, life, and self, there's a lot of other jobs out there that won't just throw you away when you don't bend over for them.
Pros
Not too much
Cons
Poor management, poor pay, poor work environment
Great Company low pay
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 8, 2017
Company would work you to death for the nickle they pay... no real time home for low pay. pop up jobs and always trying to push you to work more for less.
Pros
Steady employement even during downturn
Cons
Low pay
Pump Operator (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJanuary 30, 2017
Was nice to work in a new field. You meet some great people.at times it was hard and the drive was long and and the sites were muddy and wet but overall the work was good
Pros
Good lunch
Cons
Long hours 16 hour days
It's a good place to work. They will teach how to be a Cudd employee
Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 16, 2017
They prefer to hire people with no experience. That way they can train you the way they want you to be. They maintain their equipment with out question. Pay is competitive and they promote from within.
Pros
Great training program and great pay
Cons
Get ready to be out of town a lot. They have no set rotation
Be careful here.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Broussard, LAMarch 25, 2016
when no work is available they expect you to not have any time off. Management does not communicate well with employees.No schedule and you need to be in a click to have any type of advancement here.
Pros
pay is decent
Cons
management stinks