CUDD Energy Services Employee Reviews

Great work place, met a lot of good peopl
Snubbing Operator (Former Employee) –  Rock Springs, WYJanuary 15, 2017
Worked in Rock Springs, Wyo. From 1993-2000. Loved working there. Management at that time couldn't be beat. Was able to work alongside Bobby Joe, Doug Finley, George Hill and other greatly talanted people. Met others like Steve Winters, Ronnie Roles and others. Was never treated like a number, I was treated as an individual. I had some of the most memorable experiences of my life here. My only regret from here is that I quit to move back to Pa. Wish I would have known the oil and gas industry was going to come here. I would have still been with them.
Pros
Best money I ever made, great co-workers, good honest days work.
Cons
I was single, so I really don't have any. But others said the hours worked, with no time off
excellent workplace
yard hand (Former Employee) –  Merritt, OKMay 10, 2016
one of the best companies in the oilfield to work for. excellent pay benefits and hours. its hard work and long hours but the paycheck is definitely worth it.
Pros
home every night
Cons
long work days
it was nice
Health Safety Environmental Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kilgore, TXJanuary 10, 2017
This job was good with a lot of opportunities for advancement. The company down sized while I was there. The management team was always willing to help when necessary.
It's OK if u need a job and got no options.
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXJanuary 5, 2017
Like a lot of companies they train a lot on safety but after that you get to the field and it's all out the window. They hire no experience guys which is good to give people opportunities but they pay real low as well. Make sure you negotiate the pay before accepting the offer letter.
Pros
They don't have debt so that's good.
Cons
Basically they want you to dedicate your life to them and don't wanna pay the price for it.
great work environment to work in
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMSeptember 8, 2016
the typical day was long depending on the job but most of the time it was long but u got to be with your coworkers and get to know them more they became your family and nothing was hard everyone worked together to get the job done
Pros
per diem
Cons
weather
This job was usually long hours and little time for social events.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMAugust 12, 2016
I got up early, ate breakfast, and went to the job site to get my truck and checked out the fuel, oil, tires and proceeded to the job site.
Pros
There was other workers around at this job got along just fine.
Cons
Not having regular working, eating, and sleeping hours. I like jobs with regular hours. I also like to eat and sleep at regular hours.
Productive And Fun Place to Work
Data/Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  NDJanuary 15, 2017
making new friendship and also the exposure to new training in the sector. i will recommend the company to any one because is a fun place to work.
pay is not equal to the work you do
worker's family member i don't work here (Current Employee) –  south texasDecember 30, 2012
i know several guys who work here, some of them work their guts out and go above and beyond in their job position welding and mechanics....but it seems the guys that don't do their jobs get the big money the guys that work their guts out get paid 6 to 8 bucks an hour less with promises of raises and nothing ever happens. just promises and dont get any bonuses for working out of town or per diem, and they wonder why the hard working men leave and go to other companies. they are grown men with families and work hard but don't get paid for their knowledge and hard work. they love the work they do, it would just be nice to get compensated for it.
Pros
most co-workers are awesome
Cons
pay and real long hours at times away from family
Cudd Energy Services is a growing company with an exciting future
Career Development and Training Manager (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXFebruary 18, 2015
Cudd Energy Services provides endless opportunities to excel.

CES is a "survivor company". They carry little/no debt. They're a well managed company that will constrict during downturns but expand with strong markets. CES quadrupled in size in a 7 year period.

My boss was a true visionary and a brilliant man.

I worked with some of the smartest, most creative people I have ever known.

As an agent of change, the hardest part of changing the culture is, well... getting people to accept and embrace healthy change. But it's also the most enjoyable part of the job.

I learned how to strategically communicate with those who resisted my programs, and was able to transform them from adversaries into allies.
Pros
Great Benefits, Great Vision
Cons
Resistance to Change
Don't waste your time with this joke of a company
Not an employee, seen it firsthand though (Former Employee) –  elsewhereJanuary 14, 2015
You will only see your family a couple days a month if that! There is no schedule or rotation, you could work months at a time and only get a few days off and even when you do get a rare day off you will still be on call. You don't get your own hotel room, you have to bunk with someone else. The pay is the lowest of all the oil field companies, not worth it at all for the bs you have to deal with. You will get "promoted" to supervisor which just means you get to do twice the work but no raise, so you still get the same amount as a green hat. Even after you've been there 3 years, you still won't get a raise. They are cheap and greedy.
Cons
better companies to work for
equipment operator (Current Employee) –  Williston, NDJune 29, 2015
Think Cudd is all but done in the Bakken. To many upper management mistakes.
Employees never get raises, and now they are starving them out with no perdiem, no job bonuses and only 40hr work weeks. Guys are leaving quick hardly enough men to do a job for frac or coil now. And takes forever to go through hiring process. 3 months if your lucky.
Pros
typical oilfield benefits
Cons
alot
good place to learn
Operator (Former Employee) –  Elk City, OKMay 20, 2016
Learned a lot about numerous oilfield jobs especially mine very good place to get hands on training and quickly quick advancement al way to operator after that get ready to wait it out
Pros
paid housing out town, meals and perdiem w
Cons
always gone
Good updated facality
Coil Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fruita, COMay 12, 2016
Great people to work with. Experience and knowledge is understood and not overlooked. Management is excellent to work with very understanding company.
Pros
World wide company
Cons
Expectations to relocate
Typical oilfield service company issues
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Williston, NDJanuary 20, 2014
I have worked for the four largest service companies and can honestly say that the problems I have encountered at Cudd are basically the same as at any other service company. Sometimes Cudd is a little more disorganized than most but they are relatively new to fracturing. They do pay better than any other company I have worked for and the benefits seem on par. I have only worked here for about three months but so far I'm pleased.
Pros
Good pay, decent schedule
Cons
Disorganized, poor management
Very diverse and fast paced job
Marketing Administrator (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXFebruary 12, 2015
Marketing is a very busy department and fast paced environment. Days involved high organization skills and being very detail oriented. Supported 8+ individuals with numerous personalities. Managed all print job and ads for Cudd Energy Services. Reponsible for expense reports, meeting planning, purchase orders and invoices. Enjoyed working in fast paced environment.
Pros
Good Benefits, Company discounts
Cons
Dept communication was not the best
This position gave me the ability to learn additional software and office procedures.
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Vilonia, ARFebruary 9, 2014
This position is with a large corporation as compared to the small companies for which I have worked in the past. CUDD Energy Services purchased Marcellus Energy Services which gave me the opportunity to experience a transition from a smaller company to a much larger company. The hardest part of the job is the commute each day to the office.
Pros
Large corporation with retirement benefits
Cons
Commute
Best company I have ever had the opportunity to work for
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Elk City, OKMarch 1, 2015
Very physical demanding learned how to be a supervisor management was great co-workers were great and easy to get along with hardest part of my job was not getting a lot of sleep most enjoyable part of my job was getting to learn new things
Pros
great people and good benefits
great overall experience
Blender (Former Employee) –  Kilgore, TX 75662May 13, 2016
the supervisors had a great way of training everyone. everyone got along great. learning was always fun and they made sure you knew what to do when things mess up.
Pros
great environment
Cons
not much time off
once u get hurt ur out!!!!!!!!
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMJanuary 13, 2014
I Had a accident and they had me in the break room for months , putting 8 hours a day they wanted me to quit because they didnt want me to collect unemplyment benefits. Theirs alot of back stabbers especially the fluid tech!!!!! When it slows down , they try to make up excusess to fire u so u wount collect unemployment. The benefits suck.
Pros
putting mad hours!!!
Cons
to much hours for $13.00 an hour
It was GREAT while it lasted
Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vernal, UTJune 2, 2015
knowing All financial problems were solved due to great monthly salary and able to receive great bonuses when out on a job, also company provided new mancamp
Pros
outstanding daily bonuses
Cons
on call 24/7 365

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CUDD Energy Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9