CULINAIRE Employee Reviews

Banquet Manager assistant
Assistant Banquet Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 14, 2017
Developed and implemented promotions and strategies in the food and beverage department to assist hotel in achieving food and beverage revenue goals. Developed and managed the F&B department budget, including both revenues and expenses. Executed reports in a timely manner. Championed the guest service effort as it relates to the Food and Beverage team in order to achieve top 10% guest service rating. Promoted teamwork and communication both within the department as well as with other departments to maintain high levels of associate satisfaction. Maintained proper implementation of hotel Human Resources and Accounting policies. Maintained Embassy Suites brand standards as they relate to the Food and Beverage operation, particularly Manager's breakfast and Nightly Manager's reception. Assisted in hiring new banquet team members, and completing a bi-weekly payroll process for thirty plus employees.
Super clean
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 6, 2017
You will never get bored there's so much to do and so many different things to make, this company makes lots of appetizers for the hotels downtown like double tree.
Pros
Get to eat something different everyday
Cons
You only get to work with women
job with no benefits or incentives to do better.
QA Manager/SQF Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 11, 2017
Typical day at work for me was reviewing paperwork and 80% of the time spending on how to fix situations that should not even be happening. What you see on paper is not really what happens. Poor Management, no communication and teamwork didnt exist. Workplace culture is very poor. Hardest part of the job was getting people to cooperate and try new methods to improve the workplace.
Pros
only Pro was PTO
Cons
no benefits of any sort.
Good just for a temporary Job
Food & Beverage supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 9, 2017
Everybody do what ever they want. management and corporate dint care about what happened on the company or with the employees. some employee drink during their shifts, other didn't do anything during their shift literally nothing seat down on the cafeteria 5 hrs in a 8 hrs shift and nobody cares. no respect from employees to management.
Not the best
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 3, 2017
They are trying but they have a long way to go. Food is good but that is the only thing. they will work you to death and not support you in the process
Not a welcoming place
Bartender (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 27, 2017
This is primarily a second job type of place. I had worked 6 day weeks here and had less than 25 hours. This is one thing they did not disclose.

The long term staff there is very rude, disrespectful, and most of all, outright mean to new staff. If you are seeking employment in San Antonio, it would be a wise idea to pass up the Tobin Center.
Pros
Cons
No credit card tips, no respect from staff, and little money to be made.
productive & fun place to work
Chef (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 13, 2017
Culinaire is under the umbrella of other chain of restaurants & hotels. We have 2 kitchens: Bistro Café & Banquet kitchen. At the bistro cafe',we run daily specials'change the menu according to the seasons.
Pros
Family meal before opening
Cons
Work on benefits for employee
Good Enviroment to work in, always concerned about your opinions.
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 26, 2016
I've learned to appropriately manage my time, communicate with patrons and be attentive to the customers requests. The difficult part of the job would have to be dealing with inebriated patrons when they request to keep drinking. What i like about this job is that everyone is self driven and is held responsible for their actions, also when you walk in the employees are always welcoming and asking about your day.
Pros
Seasonal
Cons
Healthcare
good company
Supervisor /Barista (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 11, 2016
I was very lucky to had the chance to work with culinaire company
nice management and nice co-worker .
I learned how to be a good barista and nice supervisor
Pastry Cook (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 15, 2015
Nice company to work with. Good benefits. Good pay. Good hours. Nice people. A lot of opportunities to work in different places and doing different events.
Most Enjoyable part of job
Apprentice Chef; Executive Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 3, 2015
Everyday was a challenge being an apprentice chef.
The staff was always welcoming and helpful to make my learning process to go to its fullest potential.
Pros
people
Cons
Massive size of properties
good food
Server (Former Employee) –  houston txAugust 4, 2015
I didn't really like working there, it was a third party restaurant so the money wasn't great at all, but the food was authentic and was really good but if I had to good back I would so I can eat good
Bartending service with Hilton Hospitality
Bartender and Cocktail Server (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 23, 2015
The main priority of this establishment is to take care of customers with a Hilton standard in mind. I have learned a lot about hospitality and what it means to serve other people. I learned how to communicate to a very large, diverse group of people. The hardest part of this job was working with some of the employees. Many employees did not care as much about the job as they should have, and thus I have learned how to operate in a team as a leader of moral support. The most enjoyable part of this job was making connections with many valuable people and keeping in contact with them.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
No breaks
Suppportive Regional
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 10, 2014
I worked for Culinaire in DC, a new market, Great regional support, unfortunely no room to advance
Worst company I ever work for...
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasMay 2, 2014
No support from senior management. All they care is about making their bonus. No growth opportunities unless you are from the inner circle.
Pros
Cons
No growth, lack of support, lack of supervision
fun place great team great company
Assistant Food and Beverage Director (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 1, 2014
fun great team great staff great company many years of learning great things
Pros
great team
Cons
no more room to grow
The worst example of corporate greed I have ever experienced.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 16, 2013
Do yourself a favor and skip spending your time as a manager with this company, unless you are an individual who appreciates the value of cheap labor and taking advantage of your employees. Oh, and when the time comes, and it will, the hatchet will fall on you, also.
Pros
It is a job.
Cons
A toppling company, set on the bottom line, and not keeping their promises.
Employees are great
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXApril 8, 2013
8 to 4 Monday thru Friday.
My co workers are great.
Clients are always friendly and seem to enjoy working with us.
I prefer not to discuss my Management team etc. unless asked in an interview.
terrible company
line cook (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 2, 2013
Supervisor was not concerned w/ kitchen hygene. Roaches were everywhere until I was hired and I began using bleach on the drains. walk-in cooler had molded products and meats not rotated correctly. I notified main lady responsible for numerous hotels and her first words to me were, "Well, I've worked with this person for many years and I have a hard time believing what your saying". At that point I understood that she cared less. knowing her opinion I decided to leave rather than fighting a loosing battle.
Pros
n/a
Cons
bad management
Great job, training is very impressive, wealth of opportunity
Assistant Food /Beverage Director (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 18, 2012
Great company, training is very high on list for all managers.