Culligan Water Employee Reviews in United States

Quiet and Unsupervised
Customer Service/Route Coordinator/Collections (Former Employee) –  Pompano FlSeptember 15, 2015
Making sure on a daily basis my driver has his routes correct in order to provide great delivery service. I answered a lot of phone calls regarding early deliveries and did my best to make the customer happy. There was only two of us in the office and route driver a warehouse technician and 2 water technicians. The hardest part of the job was dealing with customers who wanted to speak with management when the manager did not want to deal with upset customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is not being supervised because it made me feel more responsible and trustworthy.
Mediocre work place
Bottler (Former Employee) –  spokaneAugust 28, 2015
I worked at this location for a little over a year as their only bottler. They do work with your schedule when in comes to family and needing time off. They do pay well for the position and what is required of you. The training is not great a lot of what is learned is on your own. There is no room for advancement in this company. Politics play a big role when it comes to management. Customer service is horrible and the #1 complaint from customers. Overall a very mediocre work environment.
Pros
good pay and flexible with schedule
Cons
un reliable managment team and bad customer service
Dead end
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAAugust 27, 2015
Dead end job. No chance to move up. Company expects you to run hard but with little pay. The manager is a micro manager. And plenty of nepotism.
Pros
Cons
Disorder
Great job and people
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 19, 2015
Good place to work very fast paced great employees.
average benefits and pay. Too much employee turn over and changes. Lot of pressure to produce numbers .
Pros
good water
Cons
health care
Great Company
Bottled Water Salesman (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOAugust 10, 2015
Great company to work for. Although it wasn't quite the place for me. All co-workers were great and very fun. Benefits were very great. Management top notch and very hard working.
Awesome job as office manager
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Clute, TXJuly 13, 2015
I worked M-F 8-5 and I was office manager. I loved my job and I love working close with the public. My boss was a good boss and very understanding about family and that the fact that anything can happen at any given time. I learned alot about accounting, company taxes and accounts receivable. My co-workers were nice to work with and we all worked well together and had really good communication amongst us.
Productive Work Environment
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHJune 25, 2015
Culligan Water is a great place to work and offers a great work and life balance.

Culligan offered me learning experience in water softening and purification.
Pros
Great Work Environment
Good place to be a sales manager.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellflower, CAJune 23, 2015
A typical day of work...arrived at the office 8:30 am. Met with the office manager and went over sales and installation reports.
9am-met with my phone room manager and discussed previous night's activity. 10am-met with sales reps and discussed previous day's sales. Noon-met with owner, had general discussion of all phases of the sales and phone room activities. 2pm-did my paper work, held informal conversations with various sales reps. 6pm-made sure every sales rep had leads for the night and went home.
Cons
straight commission-no insurance coverage
Great place to work!
Segway Rep (Former Employee) –  Amarillo TexasJune 16, 2015
Overall a great place to work! Loved the people and the job. Easy everyday to go to work and never had a dull day. The management was great and the co-workers were really fun and funny. The hardest part of the job was parking a trailer but totally worth it.
Pros
Riding a segway!
fun at times to work at
Technician Trainee (Former Employee) –  victoria texasJune 10, 2015
company was not the best managed . needed better management also move people around to much a lot of times it wasn't what the customer wanted it was what the company wanted
Pros
liked the pase of the job and the independence of it

Want to know more about Culligan Water?

Ask a question
Culligan is a great Company
Lead Service Technician/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMay 30, 2015
It's great to work here but the downside to it it's that there is no place for advancement I been in the water business for over 20 years now I'm looking to make this a career with growth potential.
Fun Place to work
Service Technician/Sales (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaMay 13, 2015
I was able to interact with customers and was given the opportunity to express my opinions. Feedback was generally taken and encouraged.

Management is pretty flexible and empathetic towards their employees. They implemented a traveling physical therapist to instruct us on proper lifting, stretching, and warm up techniques. This is a nice perk and shows the company cares about its employees.
Freedom to work on own to meet set goals.
Residential Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNMay 6, 2015
Although many hours of work and travel were required to meet set goals, I was allowed to work on my own schedule to accomplish these. This allowed me to win several extremely nice vacations.

It was a very competitive work atmosphere. And while I am very competitive I also value being on a team working for a mutual goal.
Pros
Opportunity to set own financial goals.
Cons
Many hours and much travel.
Franciska Jenne
Certified Outside Household Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNApril 22, 2015
Overall enjoyed Culligan water as my employer if I were to obtain another sales position I would definitely go back to Culligan as well.

Training is very detailed and well educated.
Cons
Health insurance and other bennefits awesome
Nice people great work LOTS OF STRESS
Collections Manager (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLApril 6, 2015
Job was great except for a manager walking around calling people losers. People and other mangers are great. Lots of phone calls and mad customers. Very high stress job.
Pros
Good Pay and good benefits
Cons
Phones and stress
Customer Service
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  personal conflictFebruary 18, 2015
Interned Customer in the data base, made appointments, accounting scheduled deliveries answer incoming calls, called drivers about third delivery's
Pros
great bennifets
Fun place to work
Delivery Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Abrams, WIFebruary 17, 2015
A typical day for me consisted of me loading my truck with products and delivering them to my list of customers for that day.

I really enjoyed my manager he was a lot of fun and made work enjoyable.

I was the only employee besides the two secretary's.

The hardest part of my job was lifting all the heavy products up and down stairs.

The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting all the cool people and the generous gifts they left me during christmas.
Pros
great people
Cons
heavy lifting
Enjoyed doing water analyses
Certified Water Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 13, 2015
Pretty similar to what I'm currently doing at my current position,
Learned about company products and filtration.
Co workers were easy to work with.
Hardest part of the job was getting a cut in pay when company was sold.
Most enjoyable was being able to manage my schedule and work days..
Pros
company car, on site bbq's
Cons
compensation cuts
Fun Workplace
Administrative Assistant/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 12, 2015
Work was consistent and everyone was always generous enough to lend a helping hand with in a bind. Being able to feel comfortable enough to ask questions may me feel excited to go back to work each day.
Pros
great people
Cons
compensation isn't the greatest
This company only brings in temps
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILFebruary 12, 2015
This job only hires temps for long periods of time up to four years. I was laid off after 1.7 years due to revamping the engineering department.
Pros
good work enviornment
Cons
does not hire on perm.