Cullman Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Aerobic Instructor/ fitness specialist (Former Employee) –  TherapyNovember 16, 2017
Minimal opportunity for advancement, pay raises are limited if any, low pay in comparison to other healthcare facilities. Benefits are limited for part time employees.
Fast paced
Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cullman, ALSeptember 7, 2017
The position is a fast-paced one. Must be able to multi-task. The position required working alone for the majority of the time; however, the staff was very friendly and helpful when needed their assistance.
Pros
Good pay, clean environment
Cons
Small work area and not able to walk around often
CRMC is a good place to work if you are doing what you like.
Monitor Technician (Current Employee) –  Cullman, ALSeptember 6, 2017
Good benefits for full time employees. The 12 hour shifts are rough. Most everyone seems to get along and patient care is highlighted. I learned a lot about telemetry and saw the (behind the curtain so to say), workings of a health care facility.
Cons
12 hour shifts
Your legs will hurt
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cullman, ALSeptember 5, 2017
You have to stand for the entire 12 hours and are micro-managed. You are required to chart in rooms and stay in pt rooms all day. Not allowed to sit down.
Pros
New facility and equipment
Cons
Cant sit down, cant get a full lunch
Its a job
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Cullman, ALAugust 11, 2017
It can be a good place to work . It helps to have family support and friends. You have to be willing to work hard and learn fast. You work around alto of patients and their family
Somethings need to change
Patient Access Rep (Former Employee) –  Cullman, ALAugust 10, 2017
the director doesn't even know how to do my job. Directors and managers are suppose to fill in if they can't find coverage and mine don't. They have no understanding about family or kids being sick. I would at least like it if they acted as if they cared. They don't hold up their word, they offer you positions and after you've accepted they retract the position. Coworkers are okay if and when everyone works as a team.
great place
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Cullman, ALJuly 10, 2017
I would recommend this place to anyone the work place is great the director there is awasome and understand everyone is human and makes mistakes he works with his staff and is flexible
Supportive environment promotes professional growth
Director of Cullman Regional Home Care & Hospice (Current Employee) –  Cullman, ALJune 5, 2017
Workplace culture is centered around customer service to patients, referral sources, physicians, and other staff. CRMC strives to hire and place staff in the position that best fits them. This practice results in satisified employees and improved performance. In my department of home care and hospice, everyone is part of the team to constantly improve care delivery. The most enjoyable part of my job is coaching the staff, watching their professional and personal growth, and empowering individuals resulting in improved patient care with improved outcomes. I enjoy developing processes and people to serve our patients better.
Pros
Employee recognition program, team meetings and collaboration
Cons
Sometimes the hours are long but the benefits outweigh the extra work hours!
Very stressful
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Cullman, ALMay 24, 2017
Stressfull.

Worked 15 years for CRMC. Loved the work. But towards the end of the 15 years, it had gotten to the point that I did not look forward to going in to work. When the change of upper management took place, more work was put on the employees, with the same amount of time to do it in. The amosphere become intolerable.
Pros
Helping patients
Cons
Overworked
Excellent Job
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cullman, ALApril 21, 2017
I loved working here! The people were friendly and kind, the work load was appropriate. You felt appreciated and it was easy to get help with questions if they came up even on the weekends. Only changed jobs because I moved.
Pros
Loved everything about the job.
hospice
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cullman, ALFebruary 19, 2017
I worked thru Hospice in County.it was a good branch but at that particular time I needed to focus on full time work and was only working three days a week and was not enough to live on.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
pay rate
Fun job
FLOOR TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Cullman, ALJuly 9, 2016
The work wasn't too difficult. It can be nasty from time to time, but nothing too crazy. I loved making the floors look their best after a fresh coat of wax. I disliked the pay for the hard work I provided.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Low pay, not much room for advancement
lots of beneifits
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cullman, ALOctober 6, 2015
I worked hard, long hours, but I never missed a day in the 1 year I worked for CRMC. The laboratory was a fun place to be, when you had a chance to help out the techs and bond with almost like a family because you work so close. Many benefits to the job itself.
Pros
good money, good benefits
Cons
hard work and long hours
good community hospital
Director post surgical unit (Former Employee) –  Cullman, ALSeptember 4, 2015
A good hospital for a small community. Has good physicians and surgeons as well as nursing staff. A clean hospital. Budget cuts has hindered the nursing care and ability to provide care desired.
Pros
local
Cons
short staffed
O.K place to work
MLT (Former Employee) –  Cullman, ALAugust 22, 2015
Not crazy about the politics but guess that's part of it. Morale could have been better, but there's always room for improvement. Best part of the job was the satisfaction you get from doing all you can for your patients.
A job
Patient Access Rep (Current Employee) –  Cullman alAugust 4, 2015
Most enjoyable part of work is co-workers
Interacting with patients
Typical day at work is interacting with patients, answering the phone, verifying insurance, collecting copay
Good First Job
ER Technician (Former Employee) –  Cullman, ALMay 16, 2015
I ran the register and it was a good way to gain customer service skills. Must be able stand for long periods of time. Keep station clean and organized
Great team work and a professional work place environment
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Cullman, ALMay 2, 2015
I work with a great team here in the emergency department at Cullman Regional. We can be having a horrible day/night and everyone can be running around busy as a bee and everyone is very professional about their decisions and we all do our best to use team work. I believe that is one of the most important things in a work place. No matter what kind of shift we are having we try to make the best of it and have fun. Who wants to be in a boring and up tight place all the time. Sometimes we have numerous critical patients come in back to back and times get very challenging but when everyone puts their heads together and works together as a team and you don't have everyone complaining and gripping at one another everything goes smoothly and at the end of the day we can all sit back and appreciate where we work because of the great team we have.
Pros
the benefits
Cons
sometimes you don't get a break at all
Average
Inpatient Coder (Current Employee) –  Cullman, ALApril 13, 2015
The hospital is a great place to work at. The management is very harsh and makes the job experience very stressful. Co-workers make great friends.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Managment, Salary
Life in the ER
ER Tech (Current Employee) –  Cullman, ALJanuary 28, 2015
A typical day at work is very fast pace and stressful. I have learned various things while working as an ER Tech, such as: drawing blood, how to work in a code, and how to deal with patients. The management at CRMC is fairly good. My co-workers are great! They are harder workers and enjoyable to be around. The hardest part of my job is the long hours. Working 12 hours shifts and going back and forth between nights and days is really hard. The most enjoyable part of my job are the people I work with.
Pros
Great Co-Workers
Cons
Low Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cullman Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Cullman Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location