Culpeper Regional Hospital

Culpeper Regional Hospital Employee Reviews

Beware of this place
Tech (Former Employee), hospitalDecember 29, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: managers and co-workers
I was treated very poorly by my "preceptor" while there and blamed for others' mistakes.
Management did not want to know the truth about the preceptor who yelled at me for asking questions and refused to clarify specific questions thus setting me up to fail.
They pay well due to it being such a hostile place to work.
Great co-workers along with flexibility
PURCHASING/Material Coordinator (Former Employee), Culpeper, VAMarch 5, 2014
Pros: cross training
Cons: n/a
CRH was a great place to work. They have great management along with the opportunity to cross train and earn bonuses at the end of the year. There was always something new to learn all the time.
busy, productive and knowledgeable position in Hospital
Phlebotomist (Laboratory) (Current Employee), Culpeper Regional Hospital LaboratoryAugust 13, 2013
Pros: helping others
Cons: not enough hours at work
A typical day at CRH is either slow or busy. I have learned to provide exceptional care to patients. Also, I have learned better techniques in Phlebotomy. My director is very easy to approach and she is always encouraging feed back and ideas from her staff, ideas to help us grow and provide the best care possible.
My co-workers are just as compassionate in this field as I am. We all possess the same goals and compassion in health care.
The hardest part of this job is struggling to get hours, because I am, currently a non-benefit PRN employee. The most enjoyable part of this job is being able to help others and helping patients get the medical attention and proper care needed to get well, lab work is among the first steps to identify the type of care they need.
Great caring, friendly, community environment to work in everyday!
RN Manager (Current Employee), Medical RecordsJanuary 3, 2013
Pros: tuition reimbursement, retirement match, advancement potential, family atmosphere
Cons: old facility that needs upgrades.
I have been at CRH for 16 years in various departments and have enjoyed each one. Co-workers are wonderful, nurses are caring and compassionate, and management is very receptive to ideas and concerns.
Stepping Stone Company
Nursing (Current Employee), Culpeper Regional HospitalDecember 19, 2012
Pros: mostly great doctor to work with, many are very knowledgeable, and seem to want to provide quality care, the hospital has come a long way from what it used to be like
Cons: management is defiantly tattoo prejudice, they seem to be more worried about telling employees to cover their tattoos up then patent care, staffing levels are poor, alot of talking of people behind their backs, 12 hr shift are more like 13hr shifts.
It is an ok place to come and get a little experience in healthcare field. Many of the Nurses, CNA’s, Technicians, are great to work with, but are frequently taken advantage of by the Directors, and above. Having said that many of the Nurses and Nursing support staff truly do try to make sure that patent care is still provided. Management is defiantly tattoo prejudice. They seem to be more worried about telling employees to cover their tattoos up then patent care. It’s not the worst place to work.
CARE, COMPETENCE, COMPASSION AND COURTESY
Benefits/HR Manager (Current Employee), Culpeper, VASeptember 4, 2012
Pros: excellent and involved executive leadership team!
I have been an employee of Culpeper Regional Hospital for over 30 years - that should say something about this organization.

CRH is truly a family and we care about each other and all those who come to us for care.

Great benefits and a great place to work!
COMPASSIONATE PEOPLE, EXTRAORDINARY CARE
Employment Coordinator (Current Employee), Culpeper, VAAugust 9, 2012
Pros: competetive benefits, tuition assistance, on-site uniform sales with payroll deduction, access to continuing education, free on-site parking
We provide services to our community with care, competence, compassion and courtesy!

COMPASSIONATE PEOPLE, EXTRAORDINARY CARE

I've worked at CRH for 14+ years in many capacities - CRH has given me the chance to learn and grow in several different departments. I enjoy going to work each day and feel like I have very stable employment. My co-workers are lots of fun and I feel very rewarded by the services we provide to our community!
very demanding and clickish place to work.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Culpeper, VAJuly 3, 2012
Pros: cute little hospital
Cons: rarely get lunch and usually work overtime
This hospital as most tries to do care with the minimum amount of staff. 12 hour shifts are usually 13 to 14 hour shifts. The staff is very clickish and does not embrace new employees. A typical day at work requires constant work and little time to document. The best part of the job was caring for the patients. Management expects public relations so if one patient complains about you even tho you have done your best to satisfy them, management comes down on you and we all know that sometimes people just love to complain. In those cases a normal setting would understand and switch assignments as I did when I was in charge. You will rarely get lunch. Way too much constant emphasis on cost and not enough on patient.
Headquarters