Culver's Restaurant

Culver's Restaurant Employer Reviews

productive and fun day with custard and burgars.
crew member (Former Employee), Grand Ledge, MIJuly 22, 2014
Pros: free custard, and discounts
Cons: short breaks
- Typical day: I would open up the restaurant, prepare coffee, stock supplies, prepare food, clean bathrooms, clean dining room and start up register. Wait for guest , take orders , serve and run food until my break. Eat lunch and finish my shift.

- What I've learned: I've learned to control my anger better honestly and gain patients. How to interact and deal with people and their attitudes. Being better overall in customer service. Cooking and preparing certain foods. Learning how to run a restaurant and what keeps the guest happy and returning.
- Management: A very important duty to be responsible for and how level headed and responsible to take on a big role.

- Co-workers: Working with every race, orientation and religion. How well you work with them as a team and avoiding and argument and confutation.

- Hardest part of the job: Not messing up any of the guest's orders, and preparing the food just how they want it.
- Most enjoyable part of the job- Keeping the guest happy, satisfying their hunger and giving excellent customer service.
productive
Cook (Former Employee), Madison Heights, MIJuly 14, 2014
learned cashier, clean grills......................................
productive
Cook (Former Employee), Madison Heights, MIJuly 14, 2014
learned cashier, clean grills......................................
Fun place to work
team memeber (Current Employee), Peoria, AZApril 30, 2014
Pros: 50% the food
Cons: short staffed
My typical day at work is very fun. I love Culvers. It is an excellent place to work. Everyday i get to put a smile on customer's faces. Throughout my time at Culvers i have learned how to handle situations i have also learned how to work as a team. My managment team is wonderful i get along well with all them. My co-workers are like family. We all work together as a team and get things done the right way. There is not really a hard part to my job I have learned how to do anything that i know what to do in any hard situation. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to put a smile on people faces and i love when customers remember me.
Good First Job
Chef/Customer Service (Former Employee), Waterloo, IAFebruary 15, 2014
I worked in every non-management position at this restaurant. It was hard work, but a good group of employees could make all the difference.

I learned a lot about the restaurant industry.
great starter job
Crew Member (Former Employee), Tucson, AZDecember 30, 2013
Pros: working multiple positions
Cons: split shifts
discounts on food
great people to work with
management could use some work (not all)
fast paced at times
mostly split shifts
trained in multiple postions
wonderful customers, mediocre company values
Team Member (Former Employee), Geneseo, ILOctober 22, 2013
Pros: polite and pleasant customers
Cons: bad company values
Was promised a minimum 20 hrs a week, was working 3 three hour shifts a week toward the end. company was more concentrated on getting food out quick than the quality of the food. At least 3 meals a day were returned due to being raw or frozen in the middle.
Productive during lunch & dinner time.
Manager (Former Employee), West Milwaukee, WIAugust 29, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short staff sometimes not enough reliable employees.
Schedule Team Members meetings and orientations, Day to Day operations and managing the restaurant.
Lot of work for little pay
Cashier (Former Employee), Lansing, ILJuly 24, 2013
The managers show favoritism to certain employees and purposely mistreat others. No matter how hard you work, pay increases were not an option. The amount of hours offered to you to work is based on your personal relationship with the scheduling manager. The only good thing about working there is they are open to working around school schedules including going away for college.
Good job a teenager just starting out
Head Porter/Team Member (Current Employee), Michigan City, INJune 23, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: no raises and no advancements
If you are looking for a job to get you started or to get you some work experience then Culver's would be great.
Terrible hours and small pay
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Lake Geneva, WIMay 21, 2013
Pros: free food.
Cons: no benefits, worked until midnight some nights, under paid.
Customer service is always a plus! I liked overseeing many employees and used my organization skills to my advantage. The pay was hard, the hours were terrible and my immediate manager hardly showed up for her shift.
Life at Culvers
Cook/Courtesy Helper (Former Employee), Davenport, IAApril 11, 2013
Pros: discounts on food
Cons: communication between employees
Typical day changes from day to day. I learned communication and team work is very important. Its a good high school job for those who are going through high school. The management at Culvers is one of the best I've had from my jobs. The co-workers are easy to work with if get along with them other than that keep to yourself.
Fun and Busy Workplace
Shift Manager (Current Employee), Franklin, WIApril 1, 2013
Pros: free meals, flexible schedule
Cons: no benefits, low pay for posistion, and high turnover
Though Culver's is a fast paced wnvironment, all of the employees acted as a team and were always helping each other and learning new things. As a part of management, it was my responsibility to supervise all employees and maintain excellent customer service. Of course, with any area of work, the hardest part of working at Culver's would be satifying customers who refuse to be satisfied. On the otherhand, having a close relatiopnship with all of the employees is a rewarding feeling.
Fun workplace with a great crew
Team member (Former Employee), Michigan City, IndianaMarch 29, 2013
Pros: discounted food for myself, friends, and family
Cons: sometimes i had to work shifts that i did not prefer
On a typical workday, I would show up, clock in and begin whatever task or position that was assigned to me. I would generally be on the register or cook in the kitchen. I absolutely loved this place. I made many great friends as well as learned how to work the register system, watch for short change scam artists, and how to cook various foods on the menu. Overall, I got along with most of my co-workers, but there was one who did not like me for some reason. We had our differences, but never let it involve our work. The hardest part of the job was probably keeping up with the customers when we got busy on the weekends. Weekend shifts, no matter what the time, were busy. Lines of customers would be out the door and rushes like this would last for hours. The most enjoyable part of the job probably was the fact that I got to converse with new people every day.
Fast Paced Environment
Cashier/Kitchen Staff (Former Employee), Delavan, WIJanuary 14, 2013
Spent a good majority of my day working to make sure that customer orders were making their way out to them correctly and in a fast and efficient way.
Fast-Paced Environment
Cashier/Crew Member Trainer (Former Employee), Lansing, ILDecember 30, 2012
Being a dishwasher is strenous, but the day goes by very fast!
Fun, great people
Team Member (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COOctober 1, 2012
Pros: people were amazing.
Cons: none.
A typical day at work was usually customer service, making sure the customers' food was up to their standards, and taking orders. I learned great communication skills and the aspect of pleasing people. I wouldn't say their was a hard part of the job, you lean everything and eventually get it all down.
fun
General Store Manager (Former Employee), Ankeny, IAAugust 12, 2012
Pros: fun
Cons: owner is hard to work with
fast paste
u learn every day
manager u can move up in
co-workers are nice
owner is not nice at all if u can work for them u will be good
haveing fun will working
First Job. Great experience
Waitress (Former Employee), Holland, MIAugust 6, 2012
Pros: employee discount, complementary drinks
Was my first job. Cleaned table, took orders, delivered food, took out trash. Average fast food service job.
Good company but not alot of advancement
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Powell, OHMay 25, 2012
Pros: they train you very well
Cons: mangers dont take breaks
Good company but no advancement need more stores in Ohio and need more marking and t.v. ads