Culver's Employee Reviews in United States

Productive work enviroment, Stressful, and fast pace
Team member (Current Employee) –  Reedsburg, WIFebruary 19, 2016
A typical day at Culver's involves a lot of running around and multitasking. It also includes a lot of face to face interaction with our guest to try and keep good customer relations. Although it is a great environment that teaches customers service and guest relations. Management carries a lot of stress and a lot of them have stepped down from their respected positions due to the stressful situations they are put in. There are a lot of great workers there that try their best everyday but there is also a lot of drama that goes on within the restaurant. The hardest part of the job is trying to keep everyone motivated and working together as a team and the most enjoyable part is to see our customers leave completely satisfied with their experience.
Pros
A 50% discount for employees
Cons
Stressful work enviroment, long hours, lots of drama
Good place to work, the company is great the values and way owners preceive the company is not correct.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Bettendorf, IAMarch 31, 2016
Though Culver's values are great and they aspire to be a great company from what I have noticed they lack the ability especially at the location that I work at to express the values to the employees. A major negative about Culver's that I work at currently is the boss does not value the employees and always makes sure they know they are replaceable.
Pros
50% employee discount, 100% management discount
Cons
7 hours you get one unpaid meal, no benifits, no minimum hours
Fun and Fast paced workplace
Team Trainer (Current Employee) –  Hales Corners, WIOctober 15, 2015
Working at Culvers is an interesting experience. I have made friends that will last outside of the workplace. Everyday is something new. You are always moving and busy especially on a Friday. But the culvers I work at I feel lacks certain things. Management needs to have better communication as well as not playing favorites with employees and not being hypercritical. Job Advancement doesn't happen that often and when it does it only happens to those that are usually the favorites. Benefits are only talked about if you go directly to owner about it and then the information is highly guarded. For example, I have been a full-time employee for a number of years and am aware of the fact that I receive some vacation time but it is not clear how much I get and when asked I received no response. Overall the atmosphere is friendly and interactive only wish certain qualities of the job were better.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Short Breaks
Very....interesting
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMarch 10, 2016
It CAN be a great job for a fresh young person looking for their first job. Every Culver's I've ever been to seems to have the same or similar culture. In that, everyone goofs around as much as possible, but still trying to get the job done ASAP and correctly.

It's incredibly stressful, but you learn a lot of skills. You talk with loads of people, you have to balance too many things at once, gotta have that fine attention to detail or you'll make someone angry and deal with them. It's always hectic and disorganized, but it's a low end job, the people there aren't the brightest or even care much, if at all. I can say this though, there's usually a diamond in the rough at each store, maybe not every single one. But there's typically a couple really amazing people there among the low lifes and weirdo's. I don't regret this being my first job. I learned so much, if only others could see it that way.
Work for what you want paid for, not what you are being paid
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INMarch 31, 2016
Culver's is a good company to work for. It promotes a family style atmosphere and has plenty of room for advancement from Team Members all the way up thru a Mentee program (ownership).
Pros
Pay
Cons
No breaks for management - Work 60 hrs a week and get paid for 48
If you're gonna work fast food, work here
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MIMarch 12, 2016
The job demands what you'd expect any minimum wage fast food job too, which means that sometimes things get unpleasant, but overall this was a very positive work environment. The company encourages a high level of hospitality which is a skill guaranteed to advance one in any future positions. There are a wide range of tasks available and ample time for an individual to become an expert at at least one task. Management was sometimes disjointed, as there are often many, many managerial positions and communication between these co-managers is often lacking. However this never created anything more than minor bumps in the road for an otherwise smooth ride of employment.
Pros
25% discount, online scheduling
Cons
Managerial confusion
Not a good place for a high school student to be working.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIMarch 3, 2016
I started working at Culver's my Sophomore year in high school. I would be scheduled to work from 4:00 pm (right after school) until 11:00pm and sometimes later depending on how busy it was that day. I loved the people that I worked with but the management was not good about helping me balance my work and school life. A lot of nights I was up until 2 or 3 in the morning finishing my homework so it was very tough on me, especially because it was my first job. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people that I got to work with, they made working there enjoyable.
Pros
Free custard
Cons
Poor time management and poor consideration of employees.
Perfect job for those who are in high school.
KITCHEN COOK AN TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  Antioch, ILFebruary 15, 2016
For this being my first job in high school it was a very fulfilling job.This job taught me things and skills to get ready for a fulfilling career. Management was fair and the co workers were friendly.
Pros
good job for high school kids.
Cons
No career advancement.
Great starting job with fun people to work with.
Front Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Anderson, INJanuary 24, 2016
A typical work day consists of accepting orders, creating custard creations, and solving customer problems. I learned a lot about myself and about how i work with others. I learned that i am a great team person but can also work great alone. I learned a lot of skills that i had no idea i had. The management was not all that great but i was able to work through it. Co-workers were very fun! The hardest part of my job was being able keep a positive attitude even after i made a mistake or a customer came to me unhappy. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to clock out knowing i gave it my all each and every day.
Pros
50 percent off meals (if worked that day)
Cons
Short breaks
Productive and fun work environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Portage, INFebruary 2, 2016
-Typical day at work consists of delegating duties to crew memebers, overseeing entire operations, hospitality, jumping into positions when needed.
-Effective and effecient teamwork, strong communication/management skills
-Management is laid back, but serious when need be
-Co-workers are all very easy to get a long with, andfun to work with! We are treat each other like family at Culver's
-Hardest part of the job is delegating duties while I am hard-working in a position that is currently struggling
-Most enjoyable part of the job is handing frozen custard cones to little kids, and seeing how happy they get!
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Angry Customers
Poor Management
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Platteville, WIFebruary 21, 2016
Management is unprofessional. Shifts, hours, and pay scale vary. However, the crew staff is enjoyable. Advancement opportunities are unpredictable.
Pros
Fun Staff
Cons
Unprofessional management, poor pay scale
Rushed atmosphere with a tad bit of negativity
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIMarch 30, 2016
The hardest part of the job was working through rushes. Running orders back in forth can tire your legs quickly. Co workers are all nice and friendly but there are a few I'd rather not be around.. Management is well thought out. The most enjoyable part is when it gets really and employees are released early. A typical day usually consists of atleast ONE rush, other than that, a few conversations are held between employees.
Pros
Free Fountain Drinks
Cons
The mandatory uniform is super uncomfortable
Fun work environment, but large workload and low staffing.
Fry/Cook (Former Employee) –  Surprise, AZMarch 21, 2016
Typical day at work was good, but there was a high customer demand and not enough people ever working to handle the workload. I learned how to prepare many new food items. Management was pretty average, good and bad. I had great coworkers, always trying to meet the challenge. The hardest part was keeping up with customer demand. The best part was the friendly staff!
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
High customer demand
Great place for someone to get first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Champlin, MN 55316March 25, 2016
I loved working here. It was my first job and i loved what i worked for. I loved working to make sure people Always left with a smile. Management was fantastic. I only had one person that i had issues with due to discrimination. Other wise great job. Fun place to start out at. I loved how we always had special needs employees.
Pros
Decent pay, great atmosphere
Cons
Inconsistant management
A nice and fun place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Navarre, FLApril 4, 2016
Most days I enjoy my job, some days I don't but I'm sure that comes along with every job. The hardest part of the job is dealing with customers that become irate and want to blame us for everything. The owners of the one I work at are the nicest and most understanding people I have ever met
Pros
Free meal when on shift for managers and 50% off for employees.
Cons
No health insurance benefits offered
Culver's Job Review
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Rice Lake, WIFebruary 18, 2016
Culver's is a great place for a first job. They are flexible with hours with school and sports. The co-workers were great as well as some of the management. The hardest part of this job was pushing through busy rushes of people but the most enjoyable was the reward of satisfying customers.
Pros
Discounts on food
Cons
Late hours and short breaks
culvers
Front Line Cashier (Current Employee) –  Rhinelander, WIFebruary 27, 2016
one of thee best companies I have worked for in four years. Great communication and team work. Great management and leadership. Fun place to work for. and Coworkers are amazing you really feel like a family while having fun while WORKING. and great food!
Pros
fun friendly workforce
Cons
need more adults for when the kids cant make their shifts.
My Experience With Culvers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 10, 2016
At first I learned how to be the cashier and take food out to the customers. At the end of my learning experience I was on drive thru, made shakes, handled money, also knew how to close.
A typical day at work I would clock in, see what section I was in, but anywhere i was needed if I had the time. Working with managements i learned how to follow instructions and take orders. When working with my co-workers I learned how to communicate, work as a team and help one another if we needed. I would say the hardest part of the job was shutting down and cleaning the machines out, because you had to do it in a rightful manner. The most enjoyable part of my job would have to be when I would see my customers happy after giving them great service. I felt as if I did my job right and seeing them happy made me enjoy my line of work.
Pros
I got to have a 50% discount
Cons
Couldnt have a break if you didnt work more than 6 hours
Poor management
Hospitality, runner (Former Employee) –  Clintonville WIJune 20, 2016
I was hired at a slow time of the year. I took on two positions during my work shift at culvers. Running orders, which envolved bringing food to customers who dined in, and also all orders through drive threw. My hospitality position involved cleaning bathrooms stocking all condiments in dining area as well as filling ice machine and cleaning all tables in dining, wiping down boothes and keeping dining area clean as well as outdoor dining.I also had to change garbage in all designated areas. I worked hard and managed to do these multiple task with little to know help from coworkers. As time went on summer came and our customers doubled. So my work doubled. I started falling behind. I had approached management with this. Unfortunately I was told I needed to work harder to complete the two jobs without them giving me any help . So unfortunately I was unable to keep up and was fired.
Pros
Discounted meals
Good work experience.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAApril 19, 2016
I learned a lot in this job and if you are applying at any other location do so. My location has just been very bad in recent months. Management has taken a huge downward spiral at my location in Davenport on West Kimberly. Managers are jumping ship, and employees are running, because of treatment, and because of the new GM at our location soon we will have only one manager left and that is the GM the other two left remaining are already talking about leaving due to over-scheduling/treatment, or leaving for a better position as teacher in a few months. I have worked there nearly a year things were very good in the beginning, however in the last four months it has been getting worse and worse. The co-workers are good, though few remain now.
Pros
25% off one meal a day for you only + a free drink
Cons
Short 30 min. breaks