Culver's Employee Reviews in United States

Good place to work, the company is great the values and way owners preceive the company is not correct.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Bettendorf, IAMarch 31, 2016
Though Culver's values are great and they aspire to be a great company from what I have noticed they lack the ability especially at the location that I work at to express the values to the employees. A major negative about Culver's that I work at currently is the boss does not value the employees and always makes sure they know they are replaceable.
Pros
50% employee discount, 100% management discount
Cons
7 hours you get one unpaid meal, no benifits, no minimum hours
A nice and fun place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Navarre, FLApril 4, 2016
Most days I enjoy my job, some days I don't but I'm sure that comes along with every job. The hardest part of the job is dealing with customers that become irate and want to blame us for everything. The owners of the one I work at are the nicest and most understanding people I have ever met
Pros
Free meal when on shift for managers and 50% off for employees.
Cons
No health insurance benefits offered
Fun and Fast paced workplace
Team Trainer (Current Employee) –  Hales Corners, WIOctober 15, 2015
Working at Culvers is an interesting experience. I have made friends that will last outside of the workplace. Everyday is something new. You are always moving and busy especially on a Friday. But the culvers I work at I feel lacks certain things. Management needs to have better communication as well as not playing favorites with employees and not being hypercritical. Job Advancement doesn't happen that often and when it does it only happens to those that are usually the favorites. Benefits are only talked about if you go directly to owner about it and then the information is highly guarded. For example, I have been a full-time employee for a number of years and am aware of the fact that I receive some vacation time but it is not clear how much I get and when asked I received no response. Overall the atmosphere is friendly and interactive only wish certain qualities of the job were better.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Short Breaks
Fun team atmosphere, fast past, team based
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  3515 Cortez Rd. WestFebruary 19, 2016
Culver's wants fun positive people that work well with others and can hold a conversation with their guests. Sometimes it can be very fast paste and demanding but they want to move people up that want to move up and show the drive to do so.
Pros
Breaks with 50% discounts, benifits
Great company with a great culture towards employees and customers
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WINovember 17, 2015
Culvers is a wonderful company to work for. They are a family based business with great values. A typical day at Culvers revolves around making sure above all else the guest is having the best experience possible, this includes great customer service, quality food, and cleanliness all at a fair price. I learned many things in my time with Culvers. They have ample opportunity for growth whether it be leadership positions for its young employees or the franchise mentor program for prospective owners and general managers. The best part about working for Culvers is the interaction you get to have with the guests and employees alike. One thing that truly impressed me is that Culvers has the ability to feel like one large family from the youngest employee who just joined the team to multiple franchise owners. everyone is their working towards the same goal. Every guest who choses Culvers leaves happy.
Pros
benefits programs, great work environment
Cons
personal and work balance
Family like environment with hardworking employees.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 23, 2016
I would come in and grab a deployment sheet, figure out who was working that day, assign them positions according to the day of the week (we would train people on slow days and fast days keep people in their strong positions), and I would assure everyone is on duty and taking care of the customers, as well as myself.
As a manager, I learned a lot about working with people in a way that makes them feel comfortable. I would try to make the training as fun as possible while pushing them to the test at the same time. It was also nice to see them progress and learn more. As for all jobs there is always drama but at Culvers its like a family so deep down we all care about each other and push it aside.
The hardest part of the job would have to be telling people no because we were all so close, but as a manager I knew the job had to be done the correct way and the rules needed to be enforced.
My favorite part of the job was being able to handle a big rush of people and know that my shift of workers was capable of handling it and still getting orders out quickly. I loved making sure we have little to no complaints and 9/10 the customer was sure to leave with a smile on their face. It was nice to have customers that form a bond with you and come back to see you again. We had many regulars that would come on specific days to see certain workers.
Pros
50% 1 meal if you work for all employees
Cons
15 minute breaks, no benefits
Good
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Richland Center, WIFebruary 15, 2016
Being under 18 you don't get many benefits. You can request days off a couple weeks and they work around your schedule. some managers are rude and they dont care and its usually really busy on the weekends.
Pros
Get days off easily.
Cons
no free food
Productive work enviroment, Stressful, and fast pace
Team member (Current Employee) –  Reedsburg, WIFebruary 19, 2016
A typical day at Culver's involves a lot of running around and multitasking. It also includes a lot of face to face interaction with our guest to try and keep good customer relations. Although it is a great environment that teaches customers service and guest relations. Management carries a lot of stress and a lot of them have stepped down from their respected positions due to the stressful situations they are put in. There are a lot of great workers there that try their best everyday but there is also a lot of drama that goes on within the restaurant. The hardest part of the job is trying to keep everyone motivated and working together as a team and the most enjoyable part is to see our customers leave completely satisfied with their experience.
Pros
A 50% discount for employees
Cons
Stressful work enviroment, long hours, lots of drama
Very....interesting
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMarch 10, 2016
It CAN be a great job for a fresh young person looking for their first job. Every Culver's I've ever been to seems to have the same or similar culture. In that, everyone goofs around as much as possible, but still trying to get the job done ASAP and correctly.

It's incredibly stressful, but you learn a lot of skills. You talk with loads of people, you have to balance too many things at once, gotta have that fine attention to detail or you'll make someone angry and deal with them. It's always hectic and disorganized, but it's a low end job, the people there aren't the brightest or even care much, if at all. I can say this though, there's usually a diamond in the rough at each store, maybe not every single one. But there's typically a couple really amazing people there among the low lifes and weirdo's. I don't regret this being my first job. I learned so much, if only others could see it that way.
If you're gonna work fast food, work here
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MIMarch 12, 2016
The job demands what you'd expect any minimum wage fast food job too, which means that sometimes things get unpleasant, but overall this was a very positive work environment. The company encourages a high level of hospitality which is a skill guaranteed to advance one in any future positions. There are a wide range of tasks available and ample time for an individual to become an expert at at least one task. Management was sometimes disjointed, as there are often many, many managerial positions and communication between these co-managers is often lacking. However this never created anything more than minor bumps in the road for an otherwise smooth ride of employment.
Pros
25% discount, online scheduling
Cons
Managerial confusion

Want to know more about Culver's?

Ask a question
Not a good place for a high school student to be working.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIMarch 3, 2016
I started working at Culver's my Sophomore year in high school. I would be scheduled to work from 4:00 pm (right after school) until 11:00pm and sometimes later depending on how busy it was that day. I loved the people that I worked with but the management was not good about helping me balance my work and school life. A lot of nights I was up until 2 or 3 in the morning finishing my homework so it was very tough on me, especially because it was my first job. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people that I got to work with, they made working there enjoyable.
Pros
Free custard
Cons
Poor time management and poor consideration of employees.
Great Place to Start
Team Member/Serving worker (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIJune 24, 2016
I never wanted to work at McDonald's for my first job so I decided to apply at Culver's. It was my first time to ever go in Culver's and for my first impression it was all..GO! GO! GO! Everyone worked fast, everyone was trained right, and everyone looked polished! The Culver's I worked at was always busy, it was like going to work to exercise. I did learn a few things, and I was able to speak with customers face-to-face and learned how to properly ring up orders on touch screen computers. The hardest part of working at Culver's was learning how to stay calm when it gets busy. Once I knew Culver's menu my job became so much easier. I enjoyed each and every customer that appreciated our hard work, you really felt special working here.
Pros
free drinks, good discount, great managers
A Typical Day at Work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHJuly 12, 2016
A typical day at Culvers, in my position as manager, would start off opening the restaurant. I would do things such as turning on TV's, music, and menu boards. Next, I would put yesterday's statistics into our computer and analyze the flow of the business. Next, I would stalk the store to prepare for the lunch rush. I would then check that all crew members were done opening and ready for the day. As a manager in the food industry, anything can happen. There will always be a different problem. For example, a printer not working or the registers malfunctioning. This job requires customer service all throughout the day and people skills. I have been able to learn a lot through my many years there. It has been fun but challenging.
Pros
free lunches, fun side projects
Cons
short breaks, no set hours
Comfortable and fun workplace
Crew manager (Former Employee) –  Hutchinson, MNJuly 8, 2016
When I got to work, I check in with both the Dr. and his assistant. I would then begin all the file work that had to be completed that day. I would converse with the patients as they waited for their appointments, and I would then schedule a new appointment with them at the end of their visit. Before I left every day I would call the patients for the next day, and confirm the appointment before getting all the paper work ready for the following day.
My coworkers were wonderful, and we often enjoyed lively conversations! The management was perfect in that they were both driven, yet still comfortable to work with.
The hardest part of the job was keeping busy when things got slow. I thoroughly enjoyed all the file work, as well as keeping a detailed schedule for the Dr.
Fast paced and great management with friendly crew.
Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLJuly 10, 2016
A typical work day consists of me running back and forth completing multiple tasks at the same time such as cashier, drive, set, and the runner. The management was great, everyone was very friendly and it was very well run. The owner worked with us as well and he was very kind. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with all the tasks give. Since it is considered a fast food restaurant, I was often found running back and forth but I also loved it because time went by like a breeze. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with my co-workers. They are all so friendly and easy to get along with. I made a lot of new friends along the way and I am sad to have to go.
Pros
Friendly co-workers, stress-free, 50% discount off food.
Cons
Not enough hours and pay.
Poor management
Hospitality, runner (Former Employee) –  Clintonville WIJune 20, 2016
I was hired at a slow time of the year. I took on two positions during my work shift at culvers. Running orders, which envolved bringing food to customers who dined in, and also all orders through drive threw. My hospitality position involved cleaning bathrooms stocking all condiments in dining area as well as filling ice machine and cleaning all tables in dining, wiping down boothes and keeping dining area clean as well as outdoor dining.I also had to change garbage in all designated areas. I worked hard and managed to do these multiple task with little to know help from coworkers. As time went on summer came and our customers doubled. So my work doubled. I started falling behind. I had approached management with this. Unfortunately I was told I needed to work harder to complete the two jobs without them giving me any help . So unfortunately I was unable to keep up and was fired.
Pros
Discounted meals
My Experience With Culvers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 10, 2016
At first I learned how to be the cashier and take food out to the customers. At the end of my learning experience I was on drive thru, made shakes, handled money, also knew how to close.
A typical day at work I would clock in, see what section I was in, but anywhere i was needed if I had the time. Working with managements i learned how to follow instructions and take orders. When working with my co-workers I learned how to communicate, work as a team and help one another if we needed. I would say the hardest part of the job was shutting down and cleaning the machines out, because you had to do it in a rightful manner. The most enjoyable part of my job would have to be when I would see my customers happy after giving them great service. I felt as if I did my job right and seeing them happy made me enjoy my line of work.
Pros
I got to have a 50% discount
Cons
Couldnt have a break if you didnt work more than 6 hours
Culvers
Cahier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Columbus, WIJune 30, 2016
While working at Culver's i gained a lot of experience on customer service. Also it help me build my confidence in meeting with new people. It help me learn not just people skills but with skills i never thought i had such as being a influence on others. Making them feel a part of the (True Blue Crew) and to guide them on what they can do to make a guest feel more welcome. The hardest part of my job was the dealing with management. My mangers were all good people but it seemed as though they weren't on the same page. One of them would tell me to do something this way and then another would tell me that is wrong. Also when confrontations and issues occurred informing my general manger was very difficult. He tried to always find the easy out or just forget what i said on matters that needed to be addressed. My favorite part of the job was the people i worked with on a day to day basis...also making a guest feel welcome and appreciated.
There's a reason I stayed for three years
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Newville, WIOctober 17, 2015
It was a very friendly work environment. Everyone was supportive of eachother and helped out as needed. The hardest part of the job was when it got busy and we had to constantly put orders out for hours at a time.
Pros
Fifty per cent discount on purchases
Cons
Very few benefits
Rewarding work place, poor dictation of managerial duties
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Port Washington, WIJune 21, 2016
I enjoyed working for the Port Washington Culver's very much! The dictation of crew member duties makes a comfortable work dynamic. A typical day at work was fast paced and included lots of positive feedback from most managers and coworkers. I enjoyed the general attitude of the staff. There was one manager, who was responsible for scheduling, who does not handle her job professionally or appropriately. I felt very victimized by this manager, as she couldn't effectively communicate with other team members. I feel as if this manager shouldn't be given the roll of scheduling if she cannot keep her personal feelings separated from her professional duties.

2.8