Culver's

Culver's Employer Reviews

productive
Team Member (Part-time/Full-time) (Current Employee), ArizonaJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
serves as a great first job, I've learned everything I know about serving customers and making sure they are put first.
2nd Fast Food Job
True Blue Crew (Former Employee), Baldwin, WIJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: friendly people, good food
Cons: short breaks, long nights
I really didn't like working here.It was alright but foods not my thing. I got to become great friends with everyone that worked there. It was stressful.
High-stress level environment with many double standards implemented among staff
Team Member (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZ (Cave Creek Rd.)January 12, 2015
Pros: a 50% discount 1 hour before and after shift and a 25% discount and anything beyond that
Cons: short breaks, no benefits, managers that are difficult to work with, and no overtime pay
My work day all depends on the manager on staff and the other coworkers I'm working with. A positive attitude in the workplace is key. A typical day can be very simple, as long as the people I work with are not uptight. It usually just depends on how difficult situations are dealt with. If the manager at that time is short-tempered, then work might be a bit rougher than if a calm manager is on staff. As long as all of the necessary duties are completed, there usually isn't a fuss.
If anything, I have learned how I don't want to be and that is impatient. I need to be patient with my coworkers and customers. Not everyone will understand everything the first time around. Grace is always a gift to anyone who needs it.
Many of the rules will be broken by the day-shift managers that are a double standard to the other staff members. The day managers are very short-tempered and have even said to me that they do not like people.
My co-workers are very kind and easy to get along with. The only difficult co-worker is the one who doesn't know how to handle their emotions positively when upset at a customer or other co-worker.
The hardest part of work is dealing with my manager when he/she is upset about something, because they project their negative energy onto everyone else which makes everyone else nervous and more prone to make more mistakes.
The best part of my job is getting a discount on food items that I may want to treat others on if I'm out and about.
Learned how to cook food
Cashier (Former Employee), Rice Lake, WIJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: discounted food
Cons: long nights
You show up and do the same thing over and over again, however, we do get different positions each day. I learned how to work timely and get things done as fast as I can but still do the best that I can. The managers were pretty good. They answered every question that I had. I like my co-workers because I learned how they worked in certain positions. There wasn't anything that was too hard. Most enjoyable is working with customers.
fun and laid back
crew member (Former Employee), Dixon, ILJanuary 8, 2015
the managment is generally cool and laid back but a few people are very strict and mean but they are generous when it comes to hiring people even though they dont evenly distribute hours between all crew members
Productive, friendly work place
Crew Member/Cook (Current Employee), Surprise, AZJanuary 1, 2015
A very friendly and fun environment, some days it doesn't even feel like work. But the work can be overwhelming at times but it always keeps you busy, overall a great place to work. I've learned numerous food safety rules. I've learned how to work with others around me and customer service.
great job
Crew Member (Former Employee), Berwyn, ILDecember 22, 2014
great place to work I learned a lot of the food service industry.
Great starter job
Grill Cook and Team Lead (Former Employee), Stevensville, MIDecember 3, 2014
If you do your job and do it well the possibilities are endless. Culvers is extremely good at recognizing people and making sure they get what they deserve.
Great 1st Job
Crew Member (Former Employee), Fountain, CODecember 3, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: short breaks, lazy co-workers
-Come in a find out what I'm doing
-Learned: Cleaning,cooking, & provide services
- Closing was a very fun part of the job
-Co-Workers: some were amazing and some were annoying
fast pace environment and customer service
Crew Member (Current Employee), Kansas City, KSDecember 1, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: little pay and advancement
in the morning its a lot of prep work before we open. its pretty fast pace majority of the times depending on the time of day and what day. my co workers are very easy to get along with. I've learned how to wok with various personalities and be more vocal.
Upbeat and laid back.
Crew Member (Former Employee), Chippewa Falls, WINovember 23, 2014
Pros: half off food!
Cons: nothing
Register is what you will be on most of your time if you're up in front. You'll be running food or cleaning tables. You will be required to stock items and scoop custard. Management is awesome and very fun to be around. Co-workers are a lot of fun and very open. The hardest part of the job is probably remembering all the items we sell and holiday specials. The most enjoyable part is having great co-workers around you to help out.
Fast paced environment
Team Member/Team Leader (Former Employee), South Elgin, ILNovember 16, 2014
Pros: discounted lunch, great team members, learned to fuction under extreme pressure.
Cons: below par equipment, poor management, rarely complied with evaluations and raise procedures.
A very fast paced environment that included a variety of tasks ranging from food prep, to customer service, to counting draws and administrative work. Most team members were ready to work and keep things functioning, however, management (excluding shift leaders) was lacking in leadership and regularly created a hostile workplace; they also failed to keep properly working equipment on hand or conduct regular maintenance. As hard as it was, we learned to get the job done the right way even with a sub-par environment; we helped each other out and kept customers happy and coming back.
Productive and fun place to work
Shift Leader (Current Employee), Springfield, MONovember 16, 2014
Co-workers are a blast, friendships are immaculate. It's always an upbeat, fast-pace, and interesting day.
Amazing first Job
Crew Member (Current Employee), Fort Collins, CONovember 9, 2014
Pros: good co-workers
Cons: minimum wage
Culver's is an amazing place to work as a first job, there is lots of help from management when you begin. There is a lot to learn but it is a fun environment, but there is hard work to do. We get busy a lot and we are rushed and scrambling for an hour or so. But it keeps us busy and it's nice to be able to feel needed.
Great place to work and manage
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee), Liberty, MOOctober 27, 2014
Pros: fun, family-like atmosphere
Great atmosphere filled with great staff that performed well as a team.
Each day was goal oriented to have fun a ensure that every guest that chose's Culver's leaves happy.
Good work, Good people.
Trainer/Cashier (Former Employee), Lafayette, INOctober 15, 2014
Pros: half off on the food! have you ever had a chicken cashew salad?
Cons: low pay for substantial amount of work.
A day at Culver's could either be really good or really bad. It depends whether or not you get good or bad workers with you that day. While working there I learned valuable leadership skills. At first I would have people tell me what needs done. Once I got the hang of it, I was pretty much completing my work in really short time while accomplishing many other goals throughout the day. I learned how to just take charge. The management wasn't very impressive to me to be honest. Where there was a good half, there was a bad half. Many slacked around and gave medial orders while looking at their phones. The other half were on the floor with us, helping us the entire time and working alongside as well, showing great leadership skills and effective teamwork. The most difficult part of my job was helping many people at once whether it be customers or part of my team. The most enjoyable was when I really reaped the rewards of the hard work. I had a customer buy me a sweater while on their trip to Disney World and that to me was just the greatest, to know that I could impact somebody like that while working.
cashier /greeter
Cashier (Former Employee), Homewood, ILOctober 15, 2014
• Greeted customers and provided great service to all visitors
• Properly handled currency and processed meal purchase transactions
• Waited tables in a courteous and productive manner
• Sanitized and cleaned dispensers and all areas of the restaurants
Good enivorment
cook (Former Employee), Peoria, ILOctober 6, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: no commcuation
Working in kitchen
How to work in a crowde enivorment
Easy to work with
I love working with my team
Dueing your job while doing another person job
Getting to know my co-worker
Great Job!
General Manager (Current Employee), Aberdeen, SDSeptember 29, 2014
Great Job! Couldn't ask for anything better. Managed team members, coached team members, mentored, developed and directed managers.
First paid job
Team Member (Former Employee), Green Bay, WISeptember 24, 2014
A typical day would be a fast paced, rushed day. I learned how to better my multitasking skills and communicate better with people. I had multiple Supervisors/ Managers, I really liked that each boss had different views on situations. I had some co-workers that I was able to communicate with outside of work. It was really helpful being able switch shifts if needed. The hardest part of my job was not having assigned days being notified in short notices. The part I enjoyed the most was being able to communicate with the customers.

1 2 3 4 5