Culver's

Culver's United States Employee Reviews

great place
Team member (Former Employee), san antonio texasApril 13, 2015
great place to work. enjoyed every day I worked. great customer service. co workers were very helpful. miles on everyone's face.
A fair place to work, but with much room for improvement
Porter (Current Employee), Aberdeen, SDApril 11, 2015
Pros: Discounts for employees
Cons: lack of discipline
Each day that I work, I show up and do my assigned tasks (Cleaning vents, cleaning grill, filtering oil for fryers, kitchen setup, etc.). After tasks are finished and the doors open, either assist in kitchen by running fryers, or up front by running a register or serving customers their orders. Have learned little to nothing that I already didn't know. Management, primarily for evenings, does a poor job; they do not make sure the employes they are told to supervise actually complete their duties, thus leaving them for the porter to take care of the following day. On days when I am not scheduled as porter, whoever is given the task seldom (if ever) does their complete duty by cleaning both the grill and fryer vents, cleaning up trash outside, or any other task which may take a minor amount of time. The most enjoyable part of the job is the fact that I am not the only one who recognizes this and wishes that something could be done about it.
Productive and Energetic Work Atmosphere
customer service representative (Former Employee), Shakopee, MNApril 7, 2015
Pros: Discounted food, not an office job, interacting with people
Cons: Scheduling
Working at Culver's was my first job. A typical day includes opening the restaurant, stocking when the restaurant isn't busy, greeting customers, talking to customers through orders, making food for the customers, and bringing the food out to the customers. The management was awesome, and I still remain in contact with most of my co-workers! The hardest part was finding out my work schedule a week before the next work week, but the most enjoyable part was being able to interact with all the different types of customers.
Your Basic Minimum Wage Job
Lobby Maintainer, Dish Washer (Former Employee), Omaha, NEApril 7, 2015
Pros: Free Food
Cons: Management had issues
It's basically what you can expect from a restaurant job. It's good if you need money. The work itself isn't all that hard, but the pace at which you have to do the work can become stressful at times.
I had a good experience working within the company.
Crew Member (Former Employee), Michigan City, INApril 2, 2015
Pros: Discounted meals, Fast-paced.
Cons: Short breaks, benefits, compensation.
Culver's is a friendly, fast-paced, well managed place to work. I found myself becoming good friends with almost everyone that i was surrounded by, the fast-paced environment really kept the time passing and the customers served promptly. I Dealt with various amount of different customers and did my utmost best to ensure everyone was served, felt welcomed, helped, and left with a smile.
Laid back company
Kitchen Crew (Current Employee), Frankfort, ILApril 1, 2015
Culvers is a company filled with nice people. But they are also a company that is mainly for high school kids or teenager because they are very stingy when it comes to promotions or raises when they are deserved. I have been working there for 3 years and don't make what i deserve. They don't reward hard workers the way they are suppose to.
Crew Trainer/Cashier (Current Employee), Sycamore, ILMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Great people
Cons: No benefits
Depending on the management and the day, a typical shift can either run smoothly or be utter chaos. I learned how to multitask effectively and communicate with my team. However, the management has some issues within itself that leaches out into everyone else. We all try to get along, but not everyone is on the same page. One will say one thing and the other will contradict, so no one really knows exactly what is the right way to do something. I always tried my best to be supportive of everyone, but overstepping my position has led to uncomfortable discussions.
Productive workplace
Team Member (Former Employee), Grand Blanc, MiMarch 13, 2015
I came to work, clocked in, put on my apron, and my name badge. Then I washed my hands and started work. My team leaders were supportive in helping me learn the job. The hardest part of my job was maintaining a fast pace.
productive and fun work place
Cashire, drive thru, and server (Former Employee), Gaylord, MIMarch 7, 2015
Pros: 50% off food great work enviornment
Cons: short breaks
lots of fun loved the people and the work place just wasn't enough hours or pay, management is great listened to what you had to say
Fun Workplace
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee), Rhinelander, WIFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: discount on the orders..
Cons: no healthcare, 15 mins break, and no bonus
what i learned is, how to stock and cook, we have friendly founders. but, we didn't get any benefits except, discount on the order price
Too long ago
General Laborer (Former Employee), Darien, ILFebruary 16, 2015
This is also another job that i cannot remember. Too long ago. Nothing info on the crew members, managers, nothing. I cant remember in detail what it was like to work in this restaurant.
Fun and productive workplace
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Battle Creek, MIFebruary 14, 2015
The management was awesome. Had a lot of fun at work, while keeping up with the customers needs. Kept the environment clean and sanitized always.
very good job with good hours
Shift Leader-Manager (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: free lunch, good hours
I loved going to work and seeing the smiles on the customers face. The hardest part of my job was fully understanding that i was a manager and not a crew member anymore but i was willing to accept it.
Fast Food
Front Line Employee (Former Employee), Oshkosh, WIFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: 50% off food on days worked
Cons: no benefits, poor hours
Poor treatment of employees not in management. Not enough hours to live. Low pay for all duties performed. Poor cleanliness of restaurant.
Horrific Employer
assistant manager (Current Employee), ArizonaFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: 50 percent off meals for management personnel
Cons: 15 min breaks for manager no matter how long you work. never more than 1 days off a week.
Worst job never. Each franchisee does what they want so do not believe anything you read about them on the websites. With no benefits the pay is way below industry standard. I was more than happy to leave and never coming back. A sense of entitlement and arrogance seem to the company's culture. A very young set of people with no maturity and experience.
What I learned
Crew Member (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: 50% off while working
Cons: only 100% of for managers, which is unfair
I learned to up sell items. Some kitchen and desert making. Expanding my experiences and knowledge as a person. Management is unfair, Co-worked do what they want, the hardest part is being yelled at for something I did not do. And the most enjoyable part is making the deserts and seeing familiar faces that come into the restaurant.
Enjoyable place to work where the crew members act like family
Crew Member (Current Employee), South Bend, INFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: great crew, great first job
Cons: short breaks, little pay, unfair treatment
The days were quick as I would jump from station to station to cover all positions as much as possible. I've learned that you can go above and beyond at this work place and not get recognized. The management was typically nice. The co-workers were great, everyone treated on another like family. The hardest part of the job was trying to cover all positions because we were usually short staffed. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a great crew and meeting different people that you wouldn't have met anywhere else.
I enjoyed working here immensely; it was very well run.
Cashier/Frontline (Former Employee), Cape Girardeau, MOJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: great work environment, high standards without being stifling
Cons: short shifts, sharing shifts with the many other employees
Timeliness was of importance, and so I was not afraid of being short-staffed during a shift. The store was kept clean through a schedule that each of us were tasked to and made aware of at the start of our shifts. Our work uniform was fairly strict, but we were allowed to wear our own ties. Communication with the owners, managers, and other employees was valued, and so it was easy to feel comfortable with my fellow employees. The customer was always put first; both with the atmosphere and attitude towards them, and in attempting to give them the best deal possible at all times. The hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult customers. Thankfully my managers were always on-task and available to help. The best part was that the majority of our customers were pleasant and happy to communicate with us. Getting compliments on the tie I was wearing (especially from the children) always made my day.
productive
Team Member (Part-time/Full-time) (Current Employee), ArizonaJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
serves as a great first job, I've learned everything I know about serving customers and making sure they are put first.
2nd Fast Food Job
True Blue Crew (Former Employee), Baldwin, WIJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: friendly people, good food
Cons: short breaks, long nights
I really didn't like working here.It was alright but foods not my thing. I got to become great friends with everyone that worked there. It was stressful.

1 2 3 4 5