Culver's Employee Reviews

Found 1,067 reviews matching the search
Fast pace and interactive
Cashier / Dining Service (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INMay 2, 2017
Everyday its about satisfying the customer. Completing orders and maintain a well stocked and clean restaurant were apart of my duties. It was very easy to become overwhelmed at peak hours especially if short staffed. The working environment is very friendly for the most part even with the normal customers.
It was a stressful environment with many rude customers and co-workers
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Waupaca, WIMay 2, 2017
Help train new employees, cleaning work area, restocking anything that needs to be restocked, taking orders and delivering food to customers, making ice cream treats and taking care of daily cleaning tasks while on shift.
Pros
Discounts on meals
Cons
stressful, unfriendly work place
Best first job!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, CO 80534May 1, 2017
Awesome place to work, management cares and wants to see people exceed. they are very flexible with their schedule, if your in school or anything. co workers make it even better
Pros
employees, customers and the food
Cons
closing at 11
productive and educational
Crew (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMay 1, 2017
Working at Culver's was a great first job. It thought me basic costumer service skills. The management there is very understanding and are willing to work with you. the atmosphere of the work place was always friendly and enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was Closing all of the custard machines at the end of the night. The most enjoyable part was the co-workers i had.
Pros
50% off food, good environment
Cons
short breaks, not enough hours
Very Cultural
Food Prep/Server (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXMay 1, 2017
If you work here its a great place to establish relationships with co-workers. Management is not too strict and understands life outside of work. If you do your job and keep up with it you will be fine.
Pros
Fun workplace
Cons
Low Pay
Fun environment but hard life
Part Time Employee (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILApril 29, 2017
It is a fun place to work but I feel like it's the only thing in my life right now. I get along with everyone but it's as though my opinion doesn't matter to anyone.
Pros
good friends
Fast Food Fun
Cashier, Dessert Specialist, and Custodial (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNApril 29, 2017
As a first job its great. Good for getting some work experience under your belt. Other than that get out and move on to bigger things as fast as possible.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Lack of upward mobility
Fast-paced and friendly workplace
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INApril 28, 2017
A typical day was coming into work, clocking in, serving customers and making sure they were satisfied. At the end of my shift, I would count drawers, balance the safe, count the deposit for the night, and make sure everyone's area was closed correctly. I learned how to talk to customers, how to manage a crew, and how to make customers happy. The management was awesome. I loved the owners of the Culver's I worked at. They were always helpful and wanting to make the work environment better. The hardest part of the job was probably when we got really busy and were short staffed. Things got really hectic and you really had to work together as a team to make sure orders went out right and customers were happy. The most enjoyable part of the job was the employees. We were like family there and it was always a blast.
Pros
Free food on breaks (for managers), great employees
Cons
Short breaks
Culvers
Team Trainer (Former Employee) –  Port Richey, FLApril 28, 2017
Working at Culver over a year and you realize theirs favorites in management so its harder to work your way up when you have to kiss management feet. which i would never do so i only progressed once and had to resign.
fast paced
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Chippewa Falls, WIApril 28, 2017
Working at culvers can be stressful and have major rushes and unexpected buses. Fun with other employees can make job enjoyable. They do have a great end of year party.
This was the best first job
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTApril 27, 2017
This was an amazing job for a 15 year old. I loved my boss until he suddenly passed away. I did have long hours but it was worth it and I worked there for awhile.
Productive workplace with great employees cooking food
Cook (Former Employee) –  Okemos, MIApril 27, 2017
Great workplace, management, and cleanliness for a job in the food industry. Taught me at a young age how to follow instructions in a workplace not only with cooking but the maturity and habits needed to be a great employee and co worker.
Pros
Half off lunches, great ownership/management
Cons
Shortened shifts at all different times, and hard to get hours
Productive ,great environment
Cashier/Cook/Server (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 27, 2017
Just a great place to work . Started off making 8.75 ended​ making $11. Reason for leaving ,we moved to a different state. Uniform was blue n tan I was the grill master , flat iron top grill we made burgers, roasted beef, pull pork ,chicken dinners.Also was the numbers one cashier
Pros
Discount on food, hour breaks
Cons
Staff lacks experience
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Altoona, IAApril 26, 2017
No worries, always willing to help with outside life. Always had hours to give to you if you needed them. Willing to give you time off without hesitation.
Pros
Half off menu
Cons
It was a great first job.
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Portage, WIApril 25, 2017
It taught me a lot of vauleble skills but it isn't something id recomend you make a career out of. Otherwise i think it is a great company and i would still recomend it to my friends.
Past paced and involved work place
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Albertville, MNApril 25, 2017
A typical day of work starts with arriving a couple minutes early. Then getting assigned to a position. When it is slow one is able to go on break for 20 minutes. Then getting off at around the time one was assigned. Sometimes early, sometimes late.
Fine job to be your first.
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Fountain, COApril 25, 2017
My time at Culver's was very fun. I had made friendships that were more than the usual coworker relationship. The job has good opportunities if you do your job very well. I was considered multiple times to be a shift manager and I turned them down all those times due to personal reasons, so growth in the company is easy. I left because management was being questionable so be careful. But otherwise it is a nice first job experience.
Unpredictable
Team member (Current Employee) –  Minnesota duluthApril 24, 2017
Not a horrible place to work slightly unpredictable and unreliable. Semi flexible hours not the most organized. Nice management but constant Change in employees people don't last very long.
Pros
50% discount on food on days that you work
Cons
Unreliable
Culvers Work Environment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Marinette, WIApril 24, 2017
I prepared and cooked food for the customers and washed dishes in the evening. the coworkers were great and for a kitchen job it was a pretty good job.
Pros
Great Coworkers and Managers
Productive and friendly work place.
Restaurant Porter (Former Employee) –  Rock Falls, ILApril 22, 2017
The management is competent, professional, and supportive. Everyone is in the teamwork mindset and willing to aid if needed.
Provides ample time for vacation and allows for time missed due to illness.
Pros
Discount on meals for you and your family.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Culver's. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9