Culver's

Culver's Employer Reviews

productive work place
cook (Former Employee), fort myers flSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: short breaks
nice place to work great pay great employees
hardest part of job is dealing with irate customers
Never a dull day
Crew members (Current Employee), 1702 West Highway 50September 10, 2014
Pros: fun, exciting
Cons: nothing
full of fun and making friends with employees and customers!
Messed me over
Cashier (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 8, 2014
Was harassed by management when I needed my papers for the unemployment offices. Withheld information of a last paycheck I had. Reported I worked until early September 2013 when I was fired the beginning of August 2013.
Fast paced
Team member (Former Employee), Lafayette, INAugust 27, 2014
Pros: variety
Cons: short unpaid breaks
I loved the fast paced environment with a variety of tasks. However my fellow employees had a habit of dumping their tasks on me and I was left with most of the workload, and management let them get away with it. Also played favorites.
nice co workers dependable hours
cook (Former Employee), Wausau, WIAugust 25, 2014
I would help on the line by cooking food and filling orders as they came in.
Great place to be!
Shift Manager (Current Employee), Madison Heights, MIAugust 15, 2014
I've been with this company for three years, it was my first job. During this time I've had the chance to grow and develop new skills! If you work hard it doesn't go unnoticed. It's such a positive environment and I really appreciate the opportunities I've been given. Management is great for the most part, there are some run ins here and there but what job is perfect. The owner is great and cares for his employees.
Fun place to work with great staff.
Grill Master (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIAugust 11, 2014
A typical day for work was fun and memorable. Co-workers were kind and fun to be around.
Great starter job
Team Member (Current Employee), Marinette, WIJuly 28, 2014
Pros: flexible schedules, friendly coworkers and managers, employee discounts
Cons: irritated customers, busy hectic lunch/dinner hours
A typical work day consists of being either on register if you are a cashier working up front (which is where I work), or cooking in the kitchen and preparing orders as they come. This job has taught me basic teamwork skills, cashier and money-handling skills, and customer service and interaction skills. Management overall is very organized, helpful, and kind. Coworkers are friendly and easy to get along with, and most are very reliable. The hardest part of the job would probably be the stress, induced by the busier and more hectic times of the day, as well as dealing with potentially angry customers. The job does have its enjoyable parts, though. Working with a very good crew and serving happy customers who thank you for your service honestly and smile makes you feel good about your work and yourself. Overall, this job does have a few downsides but it is a great way to start out in the working world.
Great Friendly Atmosphere
Cashier/ Drive-Through (Former Employee), De Pere, WIJuly 19, 2014
Culver's was a fun and also very professional place to work. Many guidelines were followed every day to assure the best customer service possible, while still maintaining a positive and clean work place.
Okay
Crew Trainer (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJuly 17, 2014
Pros: cooking
Cons: bad management
I loved my job at culver's. Co workers were great,they made me laugh and it just made the the day go by faster,I do miss working with them.Management was absolutely terrible,they spent half their time if not all their time yelling and being rude to employees. Especially when our rushes came,they would be back there saying rude comments and just bringing team morale down.I remember having a talk with our general manager about the situation,and he told me he would take care of it.Come to find out he never did anything.One of the things I learned at culver's was how great a grill cook I became.I'm definitely not an an expert on grilling,but for the most part I always cooked great food,and it put a smile on my face when you looked in the lobby and you saw people laughing and just enjoying the food I just cooked.The hardest part of the job was closing all the time,I started out enjoying it.After years of closing and nothing else it started to put stress on me to the point where I just couldn't smile anymore.I would try to change my availability and they would always give me an excuse.A typical day at work was me just cooking great food until management would put me down.The most enjoyable part of the job was and is absolutely the people.
Awesome
Cashier (Former Employee), Cedar FallsJuly 15, 2014
I say awesome because i really think that this can help find you to be on your way
good food
Kitchen Lead - FT (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJuly 14, 2014
Pros: 50% lunch
Cons: healthcare
A fast-paced environment with a lot of demands. Every second counts.
productive and fun workplace but poor upper management
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Fort Dodge, IAJuly 10, 2014
Pros: i learned a lot, and got great expierence.
Cons: the upper management was not helpful in anyway.
I learned a lot about working with food and running a fast food restaurant but also that its hard to keep good employees when they are not shown appreciation for the jobs they do. I loved my coworkers, we all made for a fun and enjoyable environment while getting what needed to be done accomplished. The hardest part of the job was keeping things running smoothly with half staff and no help from the owner.
What I learned
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 8, 2014
I continued my learning with working as a team. They showed me how to work with a more diverse crowd.
Friendly and Productive Workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee), Rockford, ILJuly 5, 2014
- A typical day at Culver's is like a typical day at any other fast food restaurant.

- What I learned from working at Culver's will always stay with me along with the knowledge and skills of performing that type of job.

- I couldn't have asked for more helpful and upbeat co-workers and supervisors.

- The hardest part of the job was also the most enjoyable part because I like to challenge myself at the workplace to know what i am able to do.
Job Operations
Crew Member (Former Employee), Fond du Lac, WIJune 26, 2014
My Typical day at work was sometimes smooth But it did get busy. I learned How to operate custard machines, How to do the functions of doing drive through while taking orders with the head set. The managers were cool they also would come out on to the floor when it got to busy or started falling behind. To me there was no hard part of the job besides dealing with angry customers. Just getting up knowing I had a job was a joy for me.
Crew Member In the Kitchen
Crew Member (Current Employee), Wisconsin Rapids, WIJune 16, 2014
Pros: 50% off meals
Cons: standing for an extended period of time.
The job itself is great. It's fast-paced and fun. The hours can be long, and standing on the hard floor. If you have good shoes, your experience will be pleasant. Basically, when you get there, you clock in and cook. You have to have organizational skills though, and be quick. The management is pretty nice too. Overall, it's a good job.
Good Work, If you have the right staff.
Former Employee (Former Employee), Waterloo, IowaJune 16, 2014
Pros: great healthcare, insurance, pay.
Cons: fellow managers think little of you, no integrity or tact
At the location I worked at, I was happy to be a Manager in Training. However, The store I worked at was staffed by certain individuals that tarnished the ideals of a safe, honest workplace. Upon my first day, I expressed my excitement in working there, when an older mangager scoffed and belittled me in front of the staff. From being in the army for 2 years, I was appalled at the lack of consistency throughout the store. After speaking with the managers about possible ideas to fix our typical operations with little changes, which was one of the traits expected of a manager, to show enthusiasm and always find a way to increase productivity, I was shocked to find that not only was my suggestions belittled among other managers, but I was in jeopardy of losing my job.

For a manager in training, expect lots of curriculum and review not only on a computer, but hands on. Always show up looking your best, and bring enthusiasm to the job, Or, that's what I thought was appropriate. Apparently, if you're too enthusiastic about your job, you're called out for being immature.

For a typical day, be expected to show up early and be observant, while taking mental notes and be expected to think on your feet, and expect harsh criticism from other managers. In my experience, I was hired with another candidate. She herself was an excessively brash woman, with no manners or sense of tact. As a matter of fact, the only management members that had tact were the General Manager and Store Manager, both of whom I had thought were only professional with those below them, but showed a certain degree – more... of apathy in their job, as long as there were people staffed there.

Aside from the loathsome management, A majority of the employees there did nothing but short-cut their way to completion, creating food safety hazards as well as physical safety hazards. Attempting to do anything by the book results in someone snapping at you and asking why you've not done the other tasks assigned to you. This is indeed stressful, but what is worse is when you're treated like nothing. My prior service, I was used to following orders to the letter, but in the civilian world, there isn't much there besides faking the funk and doing your best to put on a facade like you care.

Be sure you show up to work on time everyday, otherwise you could be accused of missing out on important training that never took place to begin with. Double check your schedule and take pictures, if need be, to solidify your alibi when interrogated by upper management.

When I was finally let go, due to "inexperience", you would assume they'd take me on as a crewmember. However, they simply let me collect my things and go; As much as I respect the right of the company to terminate me without warning, I would appreciate an opportunity to fix my mistakes and do better, but that wasn't the case in this episode.

My advice is to stay away from management-level jobs in food service, especially Culver's. Not all stores are like the place I worked at, but consider your options well before delving into the systematic mayhem that is Culver's. – less
Very fast paced, high volume and highly profitable business
President / Owner Operations, Buyer, Sales (Former Employee), North Aurora, ILJune 13, 2014
Pros: great customers
Cons: .
Excellent Franchise
Excellent Support
Excellent Training
Every first job is bumpy...right?
Cashier (Former Employee), Adrian, MIJune 9, 2014
Just another day of taking orders and cleaning bathrooms, making coffee and stirring soups. I learned about my first point-of-sales system and that we all have to work together. Management was okay though pretty strict. Co-workers were nice but of course they're gonna leave out the new person to start. The hardest part was it being my first sales job. I had to learn to speak loud enough for the customers to hear but not shout. What I loved most was the chicken!