Culver's Employee Reviews in United States

Great crew members
Training crew member (Current Employee) –  Roseville, MIJune 13, 2016
The only thing that I could tolerate about this job is the fact I could work with people. Management was horrible, and so was the work environment.
Pros
50% off meals, when working
Cons
short breaks, controlling
My Experience With Culvers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 10, 2016
At first I learned how to be the cashier and take food out to the customers. At the end of my learning experience I was on drive thru, made shakes, handled money, also knew how to close.
A typical day at work I would clock in, see what section I was in, but anywhere i was needed if I had the time. Working with managements i learned how to follow instructions and take orders. When working with my co-workers I learned how to communicate, work as a team and help one another if we needed. I would say the hardest part of the job was shutting down and cleaning the machines out, because you had to do it in a rightful manner. The most enjoyable part of my job would have to be when I would see my customers happy after giving them great service. I felt as if I did my job right and seeing them happy made me enjoy my line of work.
Pros
I got to have a 50% discount
Cons
Couldnt have a break if you didnt work more than 6 hours
Fun place
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Baxter, MNJune 10, 2016
I have worked here for quite a while now and it is a great place to work. People off all age ranges work here and everyone gets along. Fun, fast paced environment. Can be stressful sometimes but overall love the job.
Pros
Discounted food, awesome coworkers
Cons
Short staffed at times, long shifts
Great job with not enough compensation
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Chaska, MNJune 7, 2016
It is a great place to work with great coworkers, but the pay is very low. They are very flexible with scheduling as they carry a large employe base. This doesn't, however, seem to hurt the amount of hours I get, only changes the time of day I have to work.
Pros
Discounts on food
Cons
Low pay
Interesting
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLJune 6, 2016
Work is typically busy, customers come and go, getting custard and a wonderful butter burger. Management gets along great, and they all communicate very well. My co-workers are wonderful, they help out and we get everything done. The hardest part of the job is when it gets very busy and you have to do a lot with no help.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
super busy
Always kept you on your toes
Dinning Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 4, 2016
On a typical day at work was always easy. I learned being a dining room attendant was a stressful job. It was an easy job,but a very stressful one at that. Management was excellent and so were my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with dining room when slammed.
alright place to work
Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXJune 3, 2016
hard to move up in management, flexible schedule, good management and coworkers. lots of areas to crosstrain. I recommend this company for a a summer job.
Productive and busy summer nights
Manager (Current Employee) –  Gurnee, ILJune 3, 2016
A day of work was very busy. working fast to get food orders out fast and accurate. I learned how to maintain a cash register and work well as a team. I learned how to be a team leader and train other employee the correct policy and procedure. The most enjoyable part of the job was making the customers happy and seeing them smile.
Pros
Great food
Not the best place to work
Team Member / Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MIJune 2, 2016
This job started off easy but as the months went on they requried you to do to much. And some of the management is awful things would be better if they change their team guidelines.
fast paced with a friendly staff
Team Memeber (Current Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLMay 31, 2016
typical day consists of finding my position cleaning through the day and helping other team members with tasks. i have learned how to properly manage food and food items and to keep a fast paced work flow.the store owner is great but the gm is terrible bad personality.the hardest part of the job is drive thru managing so many things at once in a timed environment.most enjoyable part were the friends and relationships I've made with the crew.
Pros
half price lunch
Cons
terrible management short breaks disfuctionial staff

Want to know more about Culver's?

Ask a question
Okay place to work at.
Team member (Current Employee) –  Loves Park, ILMay 29, 2016
I work as a team member meaning I am part of a group that works in the same environment. I worked as a cashier but mostly as a grill master or fryer in the kitchen, receiving orders and carrying them out.
Interesting Workplace
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MOMay 24, 2016
I worked there for two years and I advanced to general manager in that time, but once you reach that level there is no room for advancement. Overall I enjoyed my time there, but due to hostility in the workplace I felt that I had to leave.
Culver's Backline Dishwasher
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Johnson Creek, WIMay 19, 2016
A typical day at work is as soon as you clock-in you need to start working right away. Over my two-years working for Culver's I learned social skills and more professional things to help in future jobs. The only few hard parts about the job is that you need to be good at what you do in a short period of time.
Pros
50% Off on ordering food for yourself
Friendly Environment
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Greer, SCMay 19, 2016
Everyone is friendly and welcoming. It is a fast pace experience and would encourage many to apply to this place of work.
good managment and flexible scheduling
Cook (Former Employee) –  Columbus, WIMay 18, 2016
A typical day would be clocking in after putting on your apron and name tag then grill and buns and helping others get orders out in a timely matter.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
bad pay
its an okay place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Stevens Point, WI 54482May 18, 2016
It's a okay place to work. I like working with the public. The "main" on the floor and in kitchen managers are nice. There is a manager who isn't so friendly and not so nice to people, constantly yelling and never any thing nice to say it seems
Pros
Pretty flexible with requests for kid school days off, 2 wks in advance
Cons
No vacation or sick time, No incentives if you do a good job or customer leaves good feed back comment, When i was 1st hired, they would of let me have a pint to take home for the kids for a "good job", Owners don't talk to employees
Work place
Runner/Busser (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAMay 16, 2016
it was a great place to start working with people and getting better at talking at people. I loved it my coworkers were good and hardest part was to close the store
Very nice and friendly managers, but that's about it
Cashier/Dining Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Port Orange, FLMay 15, 2016
I'm going to start by saying that I love the managers to death, they're the greatest people in the world.
However the job itself is far from enjoyable. It's extremely difficult to advance in positions and you'll more often than not get stuck in one position, asked to be moved after you seem to be getting nowhere, ask to move, be allowed a different spot for two or three shifts then get stuck back in the spot you asked to be moved from in an infinite loop. Managers seem to be reluctant to directly scorn you in person but aren't as restricted on the biweekly newsletter (I'm fairly sure they directed one comment at me after I made a mistake even though they dismissed it to me in person as not a big deal).
Their allowance for a work/life balance is great and they're extremely flexible and understanding, I have zero complaints there.
Uniforms are VERY uncomfortable and do not breathe at all. I've gotten multiple sweat gland cysts from excessive sweat during shift because the uniforms do not absorb well or breathe.
Coworkers for the most part are friendly (I believe we get in trouble if any issues start, we're absolutely not allowed to be rude at all) but as an extremely shy/introverted person I find it difficult to fit into groups that are already established, which the entire staff seems to be tightly knitted. I'm often left out of conversations or outright ignored, which personally does absolutely nothing good for my mood/mental health. The only coworker I've had to complain about was one who took it upon himself to boss me around and act like he's a manager (I believe
  more... I've also seen him attempting to do this to an actual manager) and he was immediately moved to different times than me.
Our customers are usually middle aged-elderly people and most, if not all are extremely rude and will throw a fit at the slightest mistake (one woman yelled at both me AND the manager because there was a pickle on top of her bun for an extensive amount of time, another gave us a 1-star rating because he got one fork and knife instead of two)
Pros
Free meal with certain items if our approval rating is above 90%, 25-50% off other meals, extremely friendly managers
Cons
Short breaks, indirect comments on newsletter (possibly)directed at specific people, uniforms are very uncomfortable and have caused health concerns
Maintained positive relationship with customers
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOMay 14, 2016
Fast paced environment. As a cashier I have to count drawer at the beginning of the day and end to assure it is balanced. Take customers orders and greet them with a positive attitude. Check and verify order before giving back to customer.

Line cook assure communication is clear between crew members and cashier.
Pros
Different positions within the company
Cons
Hard to transition from one position to the other
Great people
Crew Chief (Current Employee) –  Middleton, WIMay 13, 2016
Culver's is a great company to work for and they do their best to surround themselves with the kind of people you want to work with
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Inconsistant schedule

2.8