Cumberland Farms Employee Reviews

The management in store is great. Family like feel between employees. Monthly bonuses.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAApril 24, 2017
Cumberland farms has a very family type of feel to it. The store level management is great. The pay is pretty good for the type of work. There are also opportunities for monthly bonuses depending on work preformence.
Good company
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  West Warwick, RIApril 20, 2017
This company actually care about it's employees. Nice fast paced work. Easy and worthy of their compensation. Management really knows what they're doing.
inconsistent expectations, poorly trained managers, disinterested senior management
Customer Service Leader (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAApril 19, 2017

morale is low and the culture of the working environment is reminiscent of high school

employees take little or no pride in their work and are judged by their errors while success are ignored
Fun work setting!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Russell, MAApril 18, 2017
I love the atmosphere whenever I go to work. It's a fun job to go to, everyone is always in a good mood! I'm a very up beat person. I love interacting with the customer's on a daily basis.
Pros
I get a discount on my purchases
Cons
We provide exceptional service!
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Bristol, RIApril 16, 2017
Cumberland Farms is very serious when it comes to customer satisfaction. They take pride in the overall store presentation and food quality. The coffee is constantly being brewed to provide fresh coffee at all times. There is so much variety in flavors, making your personal coffee is an experiment.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
They are very strict
nice place to meet new people
Customer Service Leader (Former Employee) –  Westerly, RIApril 16, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting and interacting with different people. Getting to know your customers and vendors. Having fun with your co-workers
hard work, decent pay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Foxborough, MAApril 12, 2017
*typical day: work in food service area, clean every surface/room in store, clean pumps, empty trash, stock products, engage with customers, open/close store properly, work on register
*learned: time management, create/maintain positive relationships with coworkers and customers, communicate efficiently
*management: supportive, accommodating
*workplace culture: usually a supportive atmosphere, however, as time went on I heard more and more gossiping/judgement among coworkers
*hardest part of job: dealing with harassment/uncomfortable comments from certain customers
*most enjoyable part: interacting with customers and coworkers
Pros
discount on most products, reasonable pay
Cons
short breaks if any, on feet constantly, minimal down-time
The boss was judgmental and often threatened to fire many employees
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Claremont, NHApril 11, 2017
Cumberland farms from what I hear is a great fun place to work. Some what like a family environment I'm told. But this Cumberland was not like that. It was like a battlefield the morning shift would spread lies about the afternoon shift. The management picked favorites. Overall my time there was not fair and it was not fun.
Pros
100% a mystery shop could mean a huge bonus in your paycheck.
Cons
Management. Poor scheduling. Hierarchy of favoritism
It Never Ends
Field Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAApril 10, 2017
Lots of different functions and jobs to do, the work will never end, good company atmosphere to counter balance the never ending work.Benefits are good. Pay is competitive.
Loved this job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Branford, CTApril 10, 2017
Everything about this job made you smile, whether it was the customers or the other employees, it was always a great place to be. Except for the fact that the manager didn't understand personal problems.
nice place to work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTApril 5, 2017
I havent worked here for very long but I dont have anything bad to say, alot of job freedom and the management is reasonable. The hardest part of the job is brewing enough coffee, most customers are regulars and welcome you into the family quickly
customer service associate
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Boscawen, NHMarch 28, 2017
i worked over night so it wasnt that bad. what i learned was that i was a valubale employee and they appreciated the work i did. the culture was not to bad i work alone a lot because i worked third shift
This company is very difficult to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rutland, VTMarch 27, 2017
This store has gone through 4 managers in a year one of them was fired without due process taken after 15 years with the company they let the business suffer losing customers and employees in the process employees where used as a pawn in their game told to hang in there lol you don't pay enough for people who work there to be treated the way they do. I work to live I DO NOT live to work period.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Overworked and under paid when short on staff you are expected to do the wotk of 2
A decent place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tiverton, RIMarch 25, 2017
I was hired as a cashier, but along with customer service, I loaded merchandise, checked in merchandise, maintained the coffee areas, cleaned the store and answered phone calls.
I learned how to check in orders at this job.
The management was decent and the workplace culture was comfortable but busy at times.
The hardest part of the job was doing your basic job along with taking on jobs that weren't completed from the day before.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working across the street from a beach.
Pros
a beach view
Cons
lack of staff
Great Place to Work
Food Service Leader (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLMarch 25, 2017
Great pay great people. They offer great benefits weather it is for part time or full time employment. Fast paced job that offers great advancements to hard workers.
Productive and Work envirorment
Cashier, Customer Service Associate, Rotating (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MA 02301March 20, 2017
My boss didn't give me a 30 day review because he thought that I didn't know how to make coffee from which he heard by one coworker and decided to put me on another 30 day probationary period and I decided to look for another job.
Pros
The job went by fast
Cons
manager wasnt really helpful
Clean, Friendly, and Organised work enviroment
Gas station attendant (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLMarch 19, 2017
Cumberland Farms was a great place to work. Friendly and fair management and staff that would work with you to get things done quick and efficient. My jobs were to put away inventory from the deliveries, clean, stock, and organize the cooler, keep the work place clean, and serving customers.
Pros
Free coffee and discounts on in store merchandise
Great opportunities to move up within the company
Customer Service Leader (Current Employee) –  AnonymousMarch 17, 2017
I cannot say enough about this company as a whole. The mystery shop bonuses are better than I have ever seen in any other company. The CEO truly seems to connect with the every day employee. Great benefits, and vacation/PTO available to full time employees. Everyone gets hired at part time, but, if you work hard and are a reliable employee, it's very easy to get promoted to full time.
Pros
Team Member discount card, bonuses, benefits, new products and ideas always coming out. Employee coupon books for FREE products semi-annually
Cons
Depending on the store, high turnover, more warm bodies rather than quality workers, Not getting the training needed to continue to move forward, Double shifts if your relief doesn't come in and no coverage can be found
Good people
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYMarch 14, 2017
Great people to work with although place is not up to standards and the manager is sometimes unfair when it comes to giving his employees hours. Work load can be alot at times, multi-tasking is an understatement. I recently visited the store, received unsatisfying news of the standard of cleanliness in the store. Some of the workers in the store are lazy and unqualified. I would not recommend anyone I know to work there.
Pros
super stores have good hot food
Cons
unprofessional managers and workers
N/a
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYMarch 9, 2017
Opening and closing of store. Ordering merchandise and keeping shelves stocked for the customer. Doing daily deposits and making sure that the customer had a comfortable feeling shopping at the store

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cumberland Farms. Our community is ready to answer.