Cumberland Farms Employee Reviews in United States

great place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJune 23, 2016
My typical day includes doing daily manager reports, Maintaining store appearance, boosting sales and promotions to customers, Some days include receiving our new inventory from warehouse and vendors as well as helping my team of 15 restock shelves and prep for monthly store walks from regional managers. In my 7 years of service I have learned how to produce proper manager reports, keep account of our weekly sales, payroll and scheduling, inventory, and always give a reason for our customers to return. The most enjoyable part of the job is the interactions with customers and employees; they truly can make the job feel more like a big family.
Pros
monthly bonus, discount cards
Cons
No breaks, risk of robberys
A not bad place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Naugatuck, CTMay 16, 2016
The best thing about the job was the regular customers. Some of them will go out of their way to help you (such as when you're working and the power has gone out). The Management was good and would work with you to deal with any problems that arose.
Pros
Employee discount, paid part-time vacation, free winter apparel (coats)
Cons
no real lunch breaks
Cumberland farms
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Randolph, VTApril 1, 2016
A day at work for me was at first hard like it is any other person on their first day. I learned to overcome my fear of talking to other people that I didn't know. The management there was poor.i had only been working for three weeks at the time and I had a issue with one of my co-workers one night I was working and he refused to help me when i needed it the most and the manager didn't do anything about it. When i got hired and started my training I was so far behind because she was never ready by the time I got there. So she had me start upfront on register I was so uncomfortable up there. I had no clue as to what I was doing. The hardest part about working there was i never got a break and I was always stuck at the register, so keeping up with the list of stuff i had to do was very difficult for me.
Pros
The customers
Cons
I was always uncomfortably there.
Not for anyone who expects something in return from an employer
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Whitefield, NHFebruary 29, 2016
This job requires alot of work you are being judged on a daily basisby your co workers and an imaginary management team know as coporate it is very hard to get any answers in store about issues your having company wise and they start the avg person off at minimumwage while the markups on items such as coffee are over 500% do the math somthings just dont add up!!!
Pros
worked there for 3+ years and finally had the nerve to leave thank god
Cons
everything sh***ty payment to there employees worked to hard for nothing
Cumberland Farms Expect an Awful Lot
Petroleum Tanker Driver (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAMarch 1, 2016
Typical day: Started at 2:30PM, do job, go home anywhere between 3AM - 3:30AM.

Learned: How to handle HAZMAT and to deliver petroleum products

Management: Always a phone call away

Co-workers: Always willing to help each other, but not anything beyond that - not a fun, recreational environment

Hardest part: Hauling 104,000 lbs of gasoline in a snowstorm

Most enjoyable part: Ending my shift without incident.
Productive and fun place to work.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Vails Gate, NYMarch 7, 2016
Overall a nice and fun atmosphere and great place to work. Learned how to work under pressure and had to deal with some aggravation customers sometimes. Had to let them know the law that they cannot come in together and expect to get alcohol unless they all had ID and are over 21. Anyone who looked under 30 we had to ID that is the law. Hardest part of the job was that some people would curse you out if they could not get their pack of cigarettes or beer if they sent in someone who did not have ID or it was expired. We had to explain them that its the law and we cannot. The most enjoyable was the coworkers and management were awesome to work with and eager to help you learn.
Pros
Free soda, and there was always stuff to do.
Cons
Sometimes the delivery truck was not put all away.
Great Place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHFebruary 24, 2016
I loved working at Cumberland Farms!!! I learned so much from other employees about the lottery system and customer service. I loved my manager she actually started working for Cumberland Farms on the same day that I did. We went through training together and even though I wasn't training on the same things that she was she made training a lot easier and enjoyable.
Friendly atmosphere
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAFebruary 16, 2016
a typical day at Cumberland Farms is very unpredictable. Sometimes there's good das and sometimes bad. I learned that great customer service takes time, patience, and dedication. The management was very understanding but had boundaries. She worked with your schedule and made it easy to make sure we had a clean and comfortable work space. My co workers were all very fun friendly individuals. It felt like a big family and we all were in contacted with one another, by keeping up with what was needed and how the previous shift went. The hardest part of my job was learning how to properly work the lottery machine. The part I enjoyed most about the job was the customers honestly. I love meeting new people soo I try too make every guest experience as comfortable as possible.
Pros
Excellent managment
Cons
n/a
Fast paced extremely demanding fun at times.
Customer Associate (Former Employee) –  Barre, VTFebruary 18, 2016
My work night was extremely taxing I had something to do every minute. Tight schedule to follow, I demanded this from myself.Bringing the store up and ready for 6 am coffee rush, restocked, cleaned many machines to sanitize and refill along with cups lids hand protectors. this does not include checking for out dated product restocking and documentation of such. I wanted advancement this never happened after 3 locations in Vt. and 4 in Ct. All of this is done while you have to watch the cash register maintain 100% accuracy .Oh and the entire floor mopping. Very difficult to accomplish which I did for years and was never appreciated. I worked 3rd shift doing this alone. Loved the customer service and took great pride in my work.
Pros
lots of hands on experience
Cons
company takes total advatage
Great
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHApril 10, 2016
Opening up for business and getting ready for customers I learned what the manager did everyday co-workers were very helpful when I needed it lifting was the hardest thing about the job working with my boss and learning all aspects of the business
Pros
Free Lunchs good people helpful
Cons
Short breaks and cleaning out the freezer

Want to know more about Cumberland Farms?

Ask a question
Fun and Enjoyable place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Plainville, CTJanuary 26, 2016
The workers and management were amazing to work with and around. I learned a lot from this company including how to better my customer service skills and how to manage my time in between customers.

The hardest part of the job was when it was slow and there was little work to be finished for the night.

I enjoyed MOST of the customer and of course, my co-workers.
Pros
Benefits, Management and Co-Workers
Cons
Random Breaks
Stressful unprofessional work environment.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, MAFebruary 20, 2016
Poor management.
Unreasonable hours.
Lack of training.
Messy Store environment.
Keeping employees was not an easy task.
Lots of tasks at hand, more tasks during the day than their were hours in the work day.
Employees brought outside issues into the workplace making for an unsafe and uncomfortable work environment.
its a job in custormer service
Customer Service Associate, Cash handler (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 16, 2016
customers are great, they expected the night shift which is only one person to clean after the first shift which had three employees on, price changes, stocking and take garbage and cleanup the trash first shift left
Pros
money and customers
Cons
always busy
Enjoyed working in customer service, nice company to work for .
Cashier/stock (Former Employee) –  Quaker Hill, CTMarch 15, 2016
I would go in around six in the morning.We would put away stock and prep store for day getting coffee bar ready.Check outside store make sure it was clean.Place newspapers out and magazines , count out drawer.The rest of the day was cashing out customers and checking coffee bar.
Cashier
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Sabattus, ME 04280February 29, 2016
A typical day at work mostly include making coffee, cooking food for the customer, cleaning the store, and doing tasks on a duty sheet. I learned how to improve my customer service skill by helping out customers as much as I can or going above and beyond to make sure of that they are taken care of the right way. The manager that I work for is really nice and understanding on the shifts that you can work and will work around it for your needs. I get along with every coworker, but I have heard complaints from coworkers and customers bout a certain coworker that hasn't been brought to the attention of my manager or my manager just doesn't care to take care of the ordeal. The hardest part of the job is when there are times in the days when there is a rush of customers and you try not to get angry or overwhelmed of the stress and make the customers feel uncomfortable.
Pros
free drinks of coffee and soda and breaks every 2-3 hours
Sell product, talk to people, stock products, make food, count money. You get paid you the difficulty of job.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ware, MAMay 30, 2016
It can be stressful if your understaffed on busy days. the responsibility of manager to understand waves of business.
Depending on the type of cumbies you work the difficulty varies
Focused and laid backed
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYJanuary 3, 2016
When I arrive at work I tend to walk around the store to first to clean and stock supplies as needed. While assisting customers and lending a hand to fellow employees when asked.
Through out my years I've picked up better communication skills, how to be self directed, and time management.
Most of my coworkers make my job the funniest and enjoyable place ive ever had the pleasure of working for.
Pros
Discounts, friendly people, extraordinary management
Cons
Rude customers, Late hours
Easy, fun, independent.
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CLERK (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAApril 22, 2016
I enjoy working "alone"... I am in a department, and of course we work together but we also have our own independent responsibilities. Everyone is really nice and it's a nice experience - I've learned a lot over the past couple of years and much more to learn!
Good position, with bad management
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Keene, NHDecember 30, 2015
Management was horrible, none of the managers were on the same page. S-harassment reports were filed against the Store Owner and instead of getting filed, the reports were read to the other managers and made fun of. No further actions were taken toward the harassment and the two people who filed them, were made to quit with embarrassment and less hours.
Productive and exciting place to work at
Customer Service Leader (Former Employee) –  Gloversville, NYJanuary 13, 2016
The employees are super easy to get along with. Customers get to know you well and some of them almost feel like family. I do not like that the manager is more about telling us what to do (dictatorship) and less about team leadership.
Pros
Good benefits and great pay.
Cons
Manager is not understanding