Cumberland University

Cumberland University Employer Reviews

Comfortable Work Place
Academic tutor (Former Employee), Lebanon, TNAugust 1, 2014
I tutored other students in various classes. I dealt with single students and groups. I met with them on campus in the new Learning Commons building whenever I wanted to.
Very sociable and fun place to work. I enjoyed working and helping with the young students of Cumberland University.
Resident Life Coordinator (Current Employee), Lebanon, TNMay 21, 2014
Pros: free education, free apartment, free meals, great hours
Cons: no pay
Every morning and night I would conduct a regular building tour for safety inspections and cleanliness of the dormitory. Report to my supervisor and keep him up to date on everything that goes on the building. I assisted residents with any issues they may have had had whether it was a dormitory, educational, or personal issue. Then I would meet with – more... my Residential Assistants to discuss issues, assign nightly duty schedules, and brainstorm possible events or activities to provide for the residents. At the end of each day I would check in with campus security to notify them which of my Residential Assistants were on duty that night. I learned a lot about management with the position I had. I learned how to manage a team of assistants and the residents that lived in the building. The hardest part of the job was coming up with activities for the residents in the building simply because the majority of the residents were student athletes and rarely had time to participate. The most enjoyable part of my job was every time I heard a knock at my door, a resident needed my assistance, and I was able to provide them with all they help that they needed. – less
Challenging school
Cashier/Barista (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNMay 14, 2014
Cumberland is a great university with lots of new and challenging things that happen inside and out of the classroom
ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee), Lebanon, TNJanuary 12, 2013
Pros: positive and upbeat faculty
Cons: not consistent
Typically taught morning classes. The students are truly enjoyable.
Great educational institution with a great focus on the well being of the student body.
Men's Tennis Assistant Coach (Former Employee), Lebanon, TNJuly 5, 2012
Pros: the connection daily with each individual and the enjoyment of seeing them achieve success
Cons: there was no actually salary, just a full scholarship for my mba.
This job was great because it helped me to lead student-athletes to achieve their best potential inside and outside the tennis courts. I learned how to be a good leader and how to help others to achieve in a daily basis and also was able to achieve better organizational skills.