Cumberland University Employee Reviews

every day was a new challange
Student Worker Maintenance (Former Employee) –  student workerMay 13, 2017
I enjoyed working for Cumberland university when we were busy and productive. There were times when I didn't feel like the operations were productive. The management struggled to listen to the staffs ideas.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no room to grow in the position
Great environment.
Residence Life & Greek Affairs GA/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, TNMay 3, 2017
Cumberland University offers a great environment to their workers! Previously studying here i had the desire to understand how the organization works to achieve the success that can be seen.
I love working for Cumberland University.
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, TNMarch 2, 2017
Cumberland values its tutors. It understands that as students, tutors need flexibility, and Cumberland allows for just that. Cumberland is great at allowing students and student tutors to communicate in order to find convenient times for both parties to meet.
Fun place to work
Food Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNDecember 2, 2016
This was a college campus, so it was always exciting. We were always busy. I was the only sandwhich maker, and of course everyone loved my sandwhiches.
Graduate Assistant Football
Graduate Assistant Football Coach (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNSeptember 10, 2016
If you know what Graduates assistant do, then you know how much work is involved. Had a great time at Cumberland becasue of the head coach and a few of the others.
Pros
free school, meals
Was a place to get good experience
Student/Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNJuly 6, 2015
I worked the job for a scholarship offer to finish up school. Was not given any pay due to receiving scholarship. Overall was a great place to work
This is the best job I have ever had
Spanish Instructor (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, TNMay 25, 2015
I worked very hard to get back into a teaching position, and I couldn't ask for a better environment. The students are intelligent and interesting, and I am given autonomy in the classroom to teach my students what they need to know.
Good people to know
Teacher Certification Officer (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, TNJanuary 29, 2015
I work at Cumberland University and have for 18 plus years. I have enjoyed my time here and continue to enjoy working with my colleagues. I have learned so much from the position I have and continue to grow in my knowledge of Education. I have a much greater respect for teachers now than I ever have.

My typical day is customer service. I am a transcript analyst and sometimes am very busy and other times not so much. I am never at a loss for something to do. My immediate boss is super to work for. He's kind and understanding and knows what it's like to have school-age children and have to be mom or dad sometimes during the workday. And, my officemate, the Administrative Asst. is so enjoyable. We have a good repetoire and enjoy spending our days together in the office.

The hardest part of my job is keeping up with all of the ever-changing rules and regulations of Education. It is constantly changing in one way or another. Just when I think I know what I'm doing, it changes. And, the most enjoyable part of my day is coming to spend everyday with my co-workers. They are some of the best anywhere around. I truly enjoy going to work each day.
Pros
The lack of micromanagement
Cons
The payscale and upward movement
Learning experience and life time experience
Representative and Assistant of the Dean (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNDecember 28, 2014
I wake up at 5:30 am to do conditioning and then I have class at 8:00 am until 14:00 pm. I have an hour to eat lunch and after eating, I have tennis practice from 15:15 pm until 18:00. I have only one hour to eat dinner and then I have to do my school assignments.
This is my daily basis at school.
Pros
Learning experience, meeting new people and experiencing a new adventure, free gym.
Cons
Everything is really expensive in London
Cumberland University
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNOctober 16, 2014
Small private school in a very small town but the atmosphere on campus is amazing. There is always someone there to help you if you have any questions or concerns. The administrative staff is awesome and they like to put their students first.
Comfortable Work Place
Academic tutor (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNAugust 1, 2014
I tutored other students in various classes. I dealt with single students and groups. I met with them on campus in the new Learning Commons building whenever I wanted to.
Very sociable and fun place to work. I enjoyed working and helping with the young students of Cumberland University.
Resident Life Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, TNMay 21, 2014
Every morning and night I would conduct a regular building tour for safety inspections and cleanliness of the dormitory. Report to my supervisor and keep him up to date on everything that goes on the building. I assisted residents with any issues they may have had had whether it was a dormitory, educational, or personal issue. Then I would meet with my Residential Assistants to discuss issues, assign nightly duty schedules, and brainstorm possible events or activities to provide for the residents. At the end of each day I would check in with campus security to notify them which of my Residential Assistants were on duty that night. I learned a lot about management with the position I had. I learned how to manage a team of assistants and the residents that lived in the building. The hardest part of the job was coming up with activities for the residents in the building simply because the majority of the residents were student athletes and rarely had time to participate. The most enjoyable part of my job was every time I heard a knock at my door, a resident needed my assistance, and I was able to provide them with all they help that they needed.
Pros
Free Education, free apartment, free meals, great hours
Cons
No Pay
Challenging school
Cashier/Barista (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 14, 2014
Cumberland is a great university with lots of new and challenging things that happen inside and out of the classroom
ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, TNJanuary 12, 2013
Typically taught morning classes. The students are truly enjoyable.
Pros
positive and upbeat faculty
Cons
not consistent
Great educational institution with a great focus on the well being of the student body.
Men's Tennis Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNJuly 5, 2012
This job was great because it helped me to lead student-athletes to achieve their best potential inside and outside the tennis courts. I learned how to be a good leader and how to help others to achieve in a daily basis and also was able to achieve better organizational skills.
Pros
the connection daily with each individual and the enjoyment of seeing them achieve success
Cons
there was no actually salary, just a full scholarship for my mba.