Cummins Facility Services Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Would not recommend this company to anyone
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHJanuary 10, 2018
Typical day @ work was never typical. Never knew where I was going,or what time. I learned the harder I worked the more I got taken advantage of. Management was awful. She was fake and would do anything so she did not have to clean @ job sites, which meant changing employees hours to fit her needs. Hardest part of job was not given enough time to learn your way around a place and what needed to be done.
Cons
Manager, hours, pay
low pay poor management
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHDecember 21, 2017
very low pay 9.50 an hour, with no room for raises. a woman who had been working up to 16 hour days for 5 years was still making 9.50. poor management.
Poor management under paid unorganized
Cleaner/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNDecember 11, 2017
I worked for them over a year I was told upon hire that I would be switched to a 1st shift position once production picked up when I asked about it the manager said o yes you'll get it you are the best worker we have as promising as that seems he later came back to say sorry we can't but look we have cleaned the carpet as if the carpet was more important than his employees. After my male co worker quit I was made to do the work of 2 or 3 people and being a woman the trash was too heavy for me they told me to dig it out I had to put my body leaned over half way in a garbage can to dig into the garbage. Also wanted boogers cleaned off the wall with a rag but was told they have equipment for that at the other facility they manage. They gave me the titles of positions lead person also trainer but was not compisated for it.But lead of who when no one there to train or lead because every else had quit except the guy who does the floors.I cleaned by myself that whole facility majority of the time I only received help every now and then also one of the people that was supposed to help me was not much help at all most of times was on her phone for hours at time go on break hour after she got there..While I was working hard.But couldn't say anything to manager because they was friends on a personal level.
Pros
I enjoyed the people who Cummins provided service for
Cons
Poor Management pay and they dont care about there employees
Poor management and bad staff
Day Porter (Former Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MIOctober 11, 2017
If you are a good work they work till your body brakes down. They protect the bad workers and there isn't any accountability. Management is very bad I've been cursed out by my manager multiple times and reported to his boss and nothing was ever done. They pay minimum wage so it no place for a person with a family. Overall its to stressful because pay suck and they want you to do your job and other people's job when they don't do it and no one gets in trouble. Very bad place to work.
Pros
You can do whatever you want and not get fired.
Cons
Pay is bad, no benefits, bad managers.
not a good job
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  OhioAugust 28, 2017
Not enough hours but a lot of work in the hours expected. Does not corporate so can work at other companies to make a living. Not enough workers......
Cons
to much work with to little pay and to much work in to little hours
Managers/supervisor was the best I have ever had.
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, TNAugust 24, 2017
I think working with Cummins Facility Services was a pleasure and I have recommended to others as a great place/company to work for. Supervisors willing to work with you when you need anything. Hours are flexible and I have been able to make it work for me.
Pros
Very understanding supervisors willing to work with you.
Cons
Pay isn't the best
Great Company
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Marion, OHJune 25, 2017
This is a great company to work for and there is a lot of job opportunities within the company. There is a chance for advancement, and the people who work for the company genuinely care about their employees.
Pros
Great company with many opportunities
Productive and enjoyable with co-workers
Janitorial Worker (Current Employee) –  Marion, OHJune 7, 2017
The job itself is an alright occupation. The fellow employees as people are always a bonus when working with them as they are decent people. However, the management has always been an issue; supervisors of various characters and motivations have come through the system.
Pros
good people, good flow
Cons
poor healthcare, shady management
I love my co workers
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Clyde, OHMay 23, 2017
I have been working for Cummins for almost 11 years. I have enjoyed working for them. I actually enjoy most of my job. If you are looking for employment I would recommend Cummins I know they have always been flexible with me at times in my life when I needed it and I have always considered them family.
Pros
flexible hours, good co workers and over all good company to work for
Cons
healthcare expensive and lower pay
Bad employer
Cleaning Crew (Former Employee) –  Upper Sandusky, OHMay 20, 2017
There not to bad except when you complain about a co worker leaving for up to an hour never clocking out or when co worker really does no work and you tell your manager to do something about it or you don't wanna work with said co worker ,then they cut your hours from 7 hours to 3 hours. That's the way they handle it instead of disciplining the person who doesn't wanna work.Over all not recommended.
Pros
Nothing really
Cons
Management needs work
Don't waste your time...
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MIMay 18, 2017
I have worked for Cummins for a little over two months, when I started I really liked the Job, dust mopping and wet mopping the floors in the basement, the lower area of whirlpool I was there everyday on time clean places that looked as if they hadn't been clean in months under machine ect. The first problem started about two weeks ago they do a lot of testes of different products, they told me that something had been touch that shouldn't have been, I told them I didn't touch it, but I would be more careful, the next week they told me to start cleaning another room I work five hours a day the basement is huge, but I liked my job so I said ok,this last week I'm thinking they are coming to tell me what a good job I had been doing, they tell me that they had another complaint about another room that hadn't been clean in two weeks which is the last room in the lower area, I will be cleaning the whole basement, I went in the room it didn't look as it had ever been clean, gave me a paper with a picture of the room, the catch of all of this, The paper said they was going to have a meeting with both cleaning guys that worked in the basement, I have been the only one since I started.I am looking for another JOB.
Pros
working by yourself the only time you see a boss is when they come to complaint about something.
Cons
Low Pay, Never a job well done, Bad mangerment, No help, The more you do the more they expect you to do.
work site enviroment
Cleaning Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHJanuary 29, 2017
one of the work sites in marion ohio had one of the most Drama and back stabbing ever one of the crew was not happy unless they was spying on others and snitching on them because she wanted to move up the ladder and they would not let her
Pros
not bad when every one would work
Cons
zero
Great company with caring managers
Employee (Current Employee) –  Marion, OHMarch 14, 2016
Cummins Facility Services has a nice paid time off program. This allows me to be paid when I need time off!

Managers reward us for a job well done and work to ensure we have what we need to complete our job cleaning.
Worst company
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MIMarch 8, 2016
Worst mngmnt., worst pay , worst place to work . no ethics no nothing . they dont care about employees. Mngrs expects that u do their job . no advancment opportunities.
typical janitorial
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Prospect, OHJune 8, 2015
clean toilets, break rooms and offices. I get no support from upper management is to far away from site.
Hardest part of the job is people just expect you to clean what ever kind of mess they leave. most enjoyable part is running a floor scrubber. do not get holiday or vacation pay it is all included in paid time off so you can not look forward to any kind of reward for your hard work.
Pros
flexible hours at times
Cons
chemicals are harsh
relaxed environment
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 11, 2015
Our responsibilities at cummins facility services consist of inspecting resort rooms for any equipment or feature that require replacement or repair. the actual moments that I get to fix something are pretty fun, but for the most part I'm walking through the room flipping light switches and making sure none of the bulbs need replacing. I check everything as I'm required to but the longer we are on site the less things need fixing.
Pros
great boss.
Cons
too much downtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cummins Facility Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5