Cummins Employee Reviews in United States

Amazing experience
School to work intern (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INJuly 21, 2016
I was thrilled to work for one of the biggest companies in America. When I first started working there I was nervous but by boss and department helped me love every second of it.
Pros
Flexible hours
Mid Managers
Leader Cummins Global Materials Group (Current Employee) –  Columbus, INJuly 16, 2016
Promotion from Mid Manager is limited--Unless you are able to globally locate in others areas. Layoffs occur regulary instead of managers doing there jobs
Great place to work and Integrity
Director of Logistic (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 14, 2016
Manage and develop supply chain capability; work with employees to set goals in training and development, performance, and career planning. Mentor and coach individual and collective talent to develop supply chain capability across the organization. Design, develop, and implement cross Business Unit, enterprise planning, materials, production, inventory and logistics strategies for the supply chains. Champion continuous improvement projects that align with Cummins Operating System and Functional Excellence direction by leveraging common processes, tools and information systems. Partner with internal and external functional stakeholders to maintain strategic and critical supplier relationships. Responsible for $2.5B in revenue annually.
Pros
Great Place to Work
Cons
Advancement
Nice people but no where to advance
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 12, 2016
It's a great place for someone who is accepting of no change, but I am looking for construction. I mainly detailed the contracts for customers such as Wells Fargo, Bank of America, Mission FCU and all the casinos in southern California.
I also sent out service calls, I did learn about currency counting equipment. All of the techs and management were great to work with. The hardest part of the job is when a lot of techs called in sick for the same day, then customer service was hard to provide for. The most enjoyable part of the job was just the mixing every morning and being around my fellow administrative assistants.
Don't expect to stay long
SERVICE ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 11, 2016
Co workers for the most part great, management poor. Let go without warning just a reduction in the workforce and was oldest person and with the most seniority,don't waste your time. You are just a number and they don't care
Pros
Friendly Co workers
Cons
no advancement, poor raises, and you are just a number to them
local branch needs improvement
Sales Representative I (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRJuly 9, 2016
Excellent products for a Global company. Local branch needs to improve market strategies to balance PR trouble economy.
Local salaries to low.
Pros
global
Cons
local branch need improvement and attention
Product Application Engineering- Leader (Current Employee) –  Columbus, INJuly 7, 2016
Good people to work with, the company operates in a cyclical markets. Very conservative, quickly layoffs employees.
Flexible working hours.
Pros
Cares about community
Cons
Performance review process is not efficient
Great Culture
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, INJuly 6, 2016
Overall Cummins has been a great place to work. Diversity is a big part of Cummins' culture. Management is in general very supportive.
Pros
A lot of team work. You don't feel isolated.
Cons
Job security has been a little rocky lately
Excellent, american dream driven career opportunities
Independent diesel engine Machinist (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NYJuly 5, 2016
Cummins is one of the best companies I've ever had the honor of working for. Family oriented, die-hard American-dream driven company. My time there was excellent, and rarely ever had any issue with the 1500 plus employees. The company hires dependable driven people who want careers not just jobs. I was unfortunately let go/laid off, when Cummins stock dropped due to the diesel industry being hit so hard recently. But I fully understand this company cannot control the economy. So with that being said, this place always listens to their employees and gives them 9/10 times what they ask for within reason. Great community outreach, and clean facility.
I absolutely loved this company and everyone I had met while working there.
Pros
bonuses, raises, promotions, holiday pay, insurance, retirement
Cons
short lunch break
diesel tech
Diesel Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 1, 2016
The job that you were expected to preform was a good one, great training was given to in sure you were doing your job correctly, branch manager at the time and day time shop foreman, had there own personnel click, of people, if you got on there bad side, they had shop meeting on how to get ride on tech, that they decided that they did not like, for what ever reasoning, When management is having these type of meeting, they should really try and make sure it is not heard by other shop employees.
Pros
great knowledge given
Cons
shop foremen, was not user friendly
Work life balance concept is lost in recent years
Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, INJune 30, 2016
In recent years, Company have changed approach from balancing work load to finding new hires and letting go higher salaried employees, and loosing talented folks by not matching industry wide pay. Also Company seems to pays more attention to growing investors value rather than employee satisfaction.
Pros
flexibility to move position within company
Cons
low pay and unbalanced work load
Work isnt Bad Management is
Picker (Current Employee) –  Walton, KYJune 30, 2016
the daily task were simple however management changes positions every two years and they are always trying to leave thier mark on the company.
Cons
Short Break
Productiive
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 30, 2016
In a typical day at work, I would be answering phone calls as well as making them. I manage customer orders, places them and provide them with information on the parts that they are purchasing.
Oracle DBA
Oracle DBA (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INJune 27, 2016
Good work culture, nice environment, attractive benefits, holiday plans, relocation expenses met, overall good
Typical day of work
Level 1 Technician (Current Employee) –  Hilliard, OHJune 27, 2016
Clock in, receive job from supervisor, either pull unit is shop or talk to tech on previous shift that is currently working on it. Start working on job for the shift.

Great relationship with fellow techs.
Cummins is a place that you wonder about your job daily
Service Manager/Technician (Former Employee) –  Colby, KSJune 26, 2016
Cummins in 2014 was an excellent place to work, came in, did your job and went home, then all of a sudden corporate cummins takes over, my job went from managing the shop to setting behind my computer doing all the stuff they thought ought to be done in the corporate world, not in western ks!!
Pros
benefits, healthcare, profit sharing, etc
Cons
constant pressure from corporate
Very busy and productive work environment.
Block Inspector (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INJune 25, 2016
I loved working here as a Block Inspector. Very relaxed work place with amazing hours and benefits. The only reason I relocated was to move out here to California to attend college and to be where most of my family is from.
production oriebted environment
Health, Safety and Environmental Analyst (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 25, 2016
safety is talked about as a value, but production is numbers are more prevalent to management. employees are passionate about their work; many great people to work with.
Pros
diversity, pay
Cons
work/life balance
Fair
Quality Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Fridley, MNJune 23, 2016
The work and life balance is awesome! This company allows the flexibility for their workers! But it's going through some internal restructure and many talented people left the company.
Very Slow and Laid back
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 23, 2016
Not a place where you should start
Good if you want to settle down and progress slowly
Not for for young people who are aggressive
Large organization problem