Cummins Employee Reviews

Good pay but overworked.
Parts Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 18, 2017
I worked for the company and enjoyed what i did and got paid prettt well. There was a lot of perks to worling there but it didnt outweigh the negative things. I worked longer hours then our department manager. He rarely assisted our department when we needed help and claimed to be too busy to assist even to help with call flow but somehow managed to leave on time everyday while me and co-workers stayed to work overtime to catch up for the day. We worked an average of 50hrs a week (sometimes even more) and had to deal with being on call on the weekends. We were expected to multitask in various tasks and were constantly falling behind. If it wasn't for our branch manager, the facilty would fall apart. His management team cannot be trusted and prefer to gossip about other employees instead of doing their expected tasks. They criticize your mistakes instead of helping you better yourself. There is so much negativity that most employees have either transferred or quit.
Pros
Great pay, paid for work shoes and certain work tools.
Cons
Untrustworthy supervisors, negative environment, long hours, on call hours.
lack of communication, great workplace.
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCFebruary 15, 2017
great work environment. the work was easy and able to do in a timely manner. the best part of the job was seeing the finished product(turbo) and learning jobs with the company.
A learning environment in which to always be challenged
Material Analyst / Planner (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 15, 2017
A typical day is a continuous flow of work, always facing challenges. The most enjoyable part of the job is the experience of hitting numbers, meeting a target.
Pros
annual bonus rewards for overall production
Cons
The breaking of production due to malfunction of equipment
ok
Firmware Engineer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INFebruary 15, 2017
best at diesel hw, not so much on SW.
a pretty solid mid western company. When I was there they were trying to get into electronic control of their diesels and it was not smooth.
poor manegement
Warehouse Inventory coordinator (Current Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLFebruary 13, 2017
The Hardest part of the job was the lack of support form your other employer. While your working other sit down socializing and stay on the phone all day. The manager do not comply because seniority is first. A work of two people was for one person. If a costumer came in would have to attend, plus shipping and receiving, plus Inventory control and in taking orders.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
compensation/benefits is horrible
good place, poor management
Power Generation Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 10, 2017
got screwed over. what can i say. had both supervisors quit because of a certain GM. the next couple days she has me pulled out of the field and sitting in her office. unloaded a extreme amount of BS on me and before i could even defend myself she tell me how she does not care what i have to say and how she doesn't want to hear it. a week later i was fired.
Pros
good co workers.
Cons
poor upper management.
Very Professional
Manufacturing Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Ladson, SCFebruary 8, 2017
Great work place, work together as a team, offers training and advancements, has open door policy form communication, nice and pleasant atmosphere, helps out the community.
Pros
Treats you like family
Communicating problems
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 8, 2017
It's a great place to work wit student teachers being open minded to solve problems accordingly to make our happy. Moving around and preparing a great school and work place for students and teachers I worked at uc college great atmosphere
Pros
It's opens your mind to going back to school
Cons
The hours are kind of crazy
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INFebruary 5, 2017
I was let go from Cummins in November of 2015. I was always rated as a good employee. Cummins management needs some help as far as how to handle the ups and downs of business as they lay people off and hire new people at the same time incuring separation cost and hiring costs at the same time instead of just redeploying these people into the areas were they are needed.
company has an opportunity to make an extra income.and fun
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCFebruary 5, 2017
the company laid off employees on the year 2010 was employed for only 3 months new at the company so I was the first to let go.
I've learned that while being trained one must pay attention to the trainer.Be trainable and coach able .
management was impressive. The hardest part when I was laid off 2010.

learning new things.was always enjoyable moment for me.
Pros
don't change the system no free lunch
Cons
1 hour lunch
Average workplace
Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, INFebruary 2, 2017
Average work place, culture is somewhat strict, lots of managerial changes in the time I have worked here. Most enjoyable part of the job is traveling to repair locations for troubleshooting.
Pros
Workload, travel
Cons
Constant manager changes
Great place to build a career and become involved in the community activites
Engineering Change Control Administrator (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 2, 2017
Busy Manufacturing Environment that involves changes and continuous improvements of components that has to meet the specification requirement to used in a remanufactured facility . Highly skilled in product now knowledge, various systems and process flow. Hardest part of my job is working with all forms of engineering professions and have all to do things the same way, in an effort to maintain proper control of process documentation.
Pros
health care incentives, leading community activites, volunteer opptunities
Cons
high deductible healthcare
good
Industrial Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCFebruary 1, 2017
It was a great experience shadowing engineers and learn new skills. I definitely enjoyed my time there.
Management was good.
Hardest part was managing the monitors but i got used to it.
Pros
great place
Cons
n/a
Very traditional
Manufacturing Intern (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INJanuary 30, 2017
Cummins is very traditional manufacturing firm, you will have a good work life balance, company cares a lot about family. But implementation is slow and makes it difficult to learn and grow quickly
Internship - Applied Mechanics Engineer (Former Employee) –  Stoughton, WIJanuary 30, 2017
Cummins has some really challenging projects for the interns and also the work culture is very good. Mangers are very helpful and also support the interns very well during theinternship
Loved the work enviorment once we moved to the
Quality Leader (Americas) (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 28, 2017
Great team of engineers and a company that was proud of it's historically diverse work force.
I had the opportunity to create, develop and implement world wide quality reporting metrics . (Global QA standardization) .
Pros
Good Hisorical culture
Cons
Cut backs started right after I arrived
Great Challenge
Sr. Mechanical Engineer (Engineer V) (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 28, 2017
The management was top notch which made the culture and work life balance superior. The work was very challenging in all aspect of Product Development.
Not for those who don't like engines
Market Intelligence Intern (Former Employee) –  Shoreview, MNJanuary 28, 2017
Enjoyed the analytical part of the work. Hard to reach broad conclusions because I do not have a background in engineering/electricity/engines/diesel etc.
Very diverse work place
IT Program and Delivery Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, INJanuary 26, 2017
Great place to work.
Lot of opportunities for career advancement.
Multiple technologies.
Multiple business units and market segments.
A Global Company.
Multiple business solutions.
ok
machine operator/welder (Current Employee) –  Mineral Point, WIJanuary 26, 2017
decent pay but management is hard to work with. a lot of mandatory overtime and not much balance between life and work. long hours and work almost every day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cummins. Our community is ready to answer.

78%