Cumulus Media, Inc. is the second largest radio broadcast company in the United States based on station count, and in combination with its affiliate Cumulus Media Partners, LLC, the company believes it is the fourth largest radio broadcast company in the United States based on net revenues. In total, the company currently controls approximately 600 radio stations in U.S. media markets. The Company’s headquarters are in Atlanta, Georgia, and its shares are traded on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the symbol CMLS.
Cumulus Toledo is on the lookout for exceptional Sales Managers to help drive the future of local media sales. We provide our teams with a great product to sell, superior training tools, and a sales management system that supports business development and rewards performance. Cumulus encourages innovation and supports effort to drive new business. In return, we require a polished leader that possesses the necessary drive and will to achieve success.
- Lead a team of 5-15 local account executives through effort to diversify broadcast sales portfolio and penetrate vital business categories.
- The Sales Manager must lead the process of implementing our resources and build a culture based on new business development. This requires a deep appreciation for systems, performance monitoring/measurement, training/employee development, and a results-oriented leadership approach.
- Upon demonstrating an understanding of the media sales business the Manager will be encouraged to identify high-performance sales talent and rebuild his/her team to insure continued growth.
- Current line management of 10+ sales organization or recently-promoted senior sales leaders.
- Experience should be heavily grounded in out-bound sales activity. Demonstrated “account management” skills will be secondary to demonstrated expertise in new business development.
- Ability to cultivate long lasting customer relationships with mutual residual benefit.
- The ability to serve as a trusted resource within the market and providing unflinching dedication and commitment to stated goals.
- 5-10 years of steady progression as a sales leader:
- 2-3 yrs experience as a sales manager or higher. Responsible for strategic account planning and basic understanding of financial statements.
- 5 yrs experience managing an outside b2b sales force in an organization which has a highly structured training program & focused goal-orientation
- Strong understanding of lead generation, CRM/SFA and account mgmt.
- Must be a recognized top-performer, high-energy/hard charging personality with strong goal-orientation and ability to coach/mentor.
Cumulus is an Equal Opportunity Employer that offers a competitive compensation structure that includes full benefits.
Candidates should submit a resume’ featuring references via email to the Cumulus Media Toledo’s Vice President/Market Manager Matt Spaulding.
Indeed - 2 years ago
Cumulus Media reigns over an empire of radio stations. The company is the #2 radio station ownership group in the US (behind Clear Channel),...