Cumulus Media Employee Reviews

Great company
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 17, 2017
Great company and management is top notch. Have 4 successful radio properties to sell. High demand in the market. Very involved in the community and support a lot of causes.
Benefits
Excellent place to get resume expereince
Promotions Intern WRKI, WKIX (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTJune 12, 2017
worked here for a fall internship. It was a great experience leaning everything there is for radio that you need to know. I wish I could continue to work there
Pros
Great resume experience
Cons
unpaid
Great Place to work
Traffic Manager (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJune 9, 2017
I have enjoyed my time here and wish I could have stayed longer. Great Sales people to work with as well as on-air and management. It is a fun environment to work in and the benefits of being at a radio station are great!
Typical media sales
Key Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 7, 2017
Above average ramp pay, no base and you live off of comission. May be assigned some decent accounts to manage but not enough to make a good pay check.
Review
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJune 2, 2017
Very sales driven environment. Have to be able to change directions at a moments notice. Not everyone is held to the same level of accountability, which can be stressful.
Fun Job but a Difficult Company
Associate Producer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 31, 2017
Radio is for the chosen only. It's fun and exciting, but unfortunately, changing listenership habits and new technology have made it a very difficult business, especially for newcomers.

Cumulus has enormous debt. As an employee I always had the feel that it was treading water. Cutting cost and decreasing the budgets in the local markets was a number one priority by management. As such, many radio vets were terminated, and part-time talent saw reduction in their hours. Not the most conducive environment for creativity, but the extremely motivated will survive.
Amazing work place
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 31, 2017
A wonderful place to work. Chance to Gain experience and grow with great people. Learn tons about advertisement and sells as well as the radio world and how essential it is for business advertisement.
Fun getting my first Start in Radio
Board Operator / Promotion (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 25, 2017
Its my first gig in radio and I had an internship here so I am just lucky to have received the job offer from them.
The hardest part is the long overnights but you get used to it.
The best is everyday I learn new things about the job
Cumulus Media
Promotions Intern (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 20, 2017
We are a great media network to work for that offers live broadcasts all over the metro area. Our radio shows appeal to classic rock music lovers and our sports talk radio provides the ultimate experience for the true sports fan.
Fun place to work
Account Executive/Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Ft. Walton Beach, FLMay 16, 2017
I enjoyed my year at Cumulus in the sales department. We had a great team and lower management was interested in your success. In addition, working in the local community gave you a sense of pride. Also, the 5 radio stations you had to offer was a plus.
best place with great people and fun environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 14, 2017
always busy, helping people with tickets and other prizes, management was great, fun, laid back environment, hardest part was having a long line of people waiting to get their prize, and the best part of the day was knowing i made someones day better.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
the location
stressful workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 12, 2017
There is a lot of potential in radio ad sales, however it is extremely stressful. This is a 100% commission based job. There is not a lot of training or help from management.
Had an awesome time workng there, met many exciting people.Great and creative working enviroment.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMay 9, 2017
Great and creative working enviroment.Had an awesome time workng there, met many exciting people.would highly recommend them.Each day is a new experience, and a chance to learn a new skill.
Pros
Hard work, but worth the effort
Cons
Extended work hours to weekends too.
Good Experience in promotions
Promotions Team (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 30, 2017
I got great experience in promotions here and met a lot of wonderful people. The bosses are more like mentors and the team is like family. A truly wonderful place to work.
Pros
the people
Cons
Not much room for advancement
best internship
Radio Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  Blacksburg, VAApril 24, 2017
This was the best internship that I could have gotten during college. They had a a very relaxed corporate culture that really worked with my schedule.
Great Company
Promotions Assistant/Video Content Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 20, 2017
Cumulus is an awesome company but it takes too long to get promoted. Its good for someone young but if your up in age you might consider another company.
Pros
the talent and quality of production and resources.
Cons
Low pay for entry level.
promotions team
Student Intern/ Promotions Team Member (Former Employee) –  AZApril 17, 2017
very fun job, great for meeting new people and listening to good music. not great if you are looking for steady hours. However, the people are really nice and fun to work with.
A fun environment, even early in the morning
Producer Intern (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 12, 2017
I had a great time working for Gravy and Rachael during mornings. It was great to get first-hand experience of the inner workings of a radio show. Everyone in the workplace is friendly and willing to teach new things.
Account Executive Role
Integrated Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 12, 2017
High new direct commission. Management needs improvement since going through restructure. CRM and lead/account ownership is confusing. Some employees are treated different then others. Promotions department is unorganized, very difficult to work with. Digital department is good and has cross device capabilities. Health insurance is horrible. Company stock is extremely low right now.
Pros
High new direct commission; great morning show.
Cons
Health insurance; lack of communication; lack of resources; no sales support
Steer clear of Cumulus Huntsville
Sr. Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 10, 2017
Quick turn over. Lazy VP of Sales. Unqualified BM/HR. If you do decided to take a position make sure you negotiate an account list. Sales does not have paid vacation. The medical insurance is a complete joke. Vision and dental are ok. Do not sign the non-compete. The Huntsville market is a very negative and toxic environment.
Pros
5 stations to sell
Cons
Band insurance, no rights for employees and terrible management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cumulus Media. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9