Cumulus Media Employee Reviews in United States

Nice people to work with
Traffic Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJuly 4, 2016
I enjoyed the people I worked with. Everyone was nice. The only problem was the pay and benefits are not that great. Plus it was hard to advance within the office.
Pros
people
Cons
advancement and pay
No Room To Gro
Affidavit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJune 20, 2016
At Cumulus you will find out if you don't suck up no one will be loyal to you. There is a lot of favoritism at this company. A typical day is sitting at a desk answering phones and emails. You will also be setting up pledge times and putting invoices in the system. Co-workers are great, but management no so much except for a few.
Pros
Might get out early
Cons
Highschool enviornment
Cumulus Knoxville
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 20, 2016
The new CEO is moving the company in the right direction. Local management encourages office politics, which can be very tiresome.
Corporate environment short on rewards and recognition.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 27, 2016
I worked for Cumulus (7) years as an account executive. I was a loyal and dedicated employee. I started in Topeka Kansas where for the most part things were fine, enjoyable and productive. By the time I arrived in the Lexington Kentucky market it was downhill. In my seven years I had as many General managers. Each manager was determined to "improve" the market. However, there was constant turn over not only in management, leadership but equally chaotic was the turn over in sales staff. In addition to this chaos you are treated as a "commission employee." This means you are treated as an employee minus the benefits while working hard to earn a commission (NO SALARY / BASE). In the end I was let go after the death of my father without regard to my grieving process. My advice is seek employment with a locally owned radio station if you can find it and avoid the corporate.
great learning experience
Assistant Marketing & Promotions Director (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMay 26, 2016
My time at Cumulus allowed me to learn more about marketing and developing effective strategies to properly promote a station's objective and better reach its projected demographic.
Hard for new employees to make a living
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMay 16, 2016
You have to be there for years or someone has to die before you can get larger accounts. It takes lots of work to make a small sale and you are paid for your efforts.
Pros
learn on the job
Cons
no money
Great Company
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 16, 2016
Great company. Growing company, headed in the right direction. I would recommend this company to anyone looking to get into the media business. Leadership is top notch.
Management is horrible
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 6, 2016
Management and corporate communication is a joke, open door policy is a EVEN bigger joke. Wages low, accounts are fielded out to aes poorly. The market structure is designed to fail. Politics in the office and employee morale is in the toilet.
Pros
great sales training
Cons
office politics, poorly hired management
Productive and learning oriented workplace
Traffic Reporter (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 3, 2016
Cumulus Media Albuquerque is a great stepping stone for what I want to do and I have been given a bunch of new opportunities within the company to train and learn a bunch of different aspects of the industry. The people I've worked with have all been incredible and have answered any questions I have. I just wish the pay was better along with having better benefits.
Pros
Great work environment, even better people
Cons
Poor benefits, cheap pay
Great job, too much drama!
Promotions Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 2, 2016
Unfortunately people seem to bring too much of their personal lives into this business, but that comes with most work places. Otherwise, I love coordinating with listeners, setting up the events and being the face of the radio station! I really feel like I have a part in my community here.
Pros
Friendly listeners, great benefits, loyalty
Cons
power-balance is not balanced
Horrible Place for Professional Women
I.T. Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 30, 2016
There are some hard-working people at this company that are not appreciated. Most of them have jumped ship since Cumulus took over our group of radio stations. Sexism allowed to run rampant even though women are in charge. Avoid unless you like being treated like a submissive.
Pros
Meeting famous musicians once every two years
Cons
Horrible mis-management starting at the top; favoritism
Great work place with great and inspiring people!
Afternoon Traffic Anchor (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLApril 29, 2016
Cumulus Broadcasting Tallahassee is one of the best places to work. The staff are friendly and everyone is like one big family.
Pros
Theres always free food
Cons
none!
Newly aquired radio stations available to sell to clients.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 25, 2016
Cumulus media had done a great job in aquiring many different formats to meet the needs of our clients. However, when the rating wars and commercial rates became a major player in the market, we lost the battle. Once rates were lowered beyond market expectations, clients refused to pay higher rates when ratings increased.
Pros
Many formats/audience lifestyles.
Cons
Kept reducing rates resulting is less revenue.
Promotions Assistant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLApril 21, 2016
It different every day. Very enjoyable place to work. I love my job. The company is fabulous.The hardest part about the job is it is part time only.
Work Culture
On Air Talent (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 2, 2016
-Small Staff
- enthusiastic team players
-open to new ideas
-resources were limited
- Did not always feel supported by management
Pros
new station
Cons
lack of communication with corporate and station support
Work place is upbeat and amazing
On-Air Personality (Current Employee) –  Norwood, OHMarch 6, 2016
Love working for Cumulus Media. Being on air gives me a chance to do something i love! The staff are amazing and very friendly.
Great starting job
Promotions Assistant (Former Employee) –  York, PAMarch 3, 2016
Met many interesting people, attended interesting local events.
Mostly involved sitting at a table ready to provide information when someone was interested.
Pros
Cool events
Cons
Irregular hours
Great Sales Training Program
Executive Marketing Consultant/Advertising/Sales (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 22, 2016
The typical work day is a surprise everyday. You get to meet new people everyday. My co-workers and energetic and willing to help.
Not a long term career
Account Executive/Outside Sales (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAFebruary 19, 2016
If you are looking for a career it is wise to consider all of your options before choosing this company for your next job. Make sure you have everything in writing and speak with all of the managers before deciding. There is limited opportunity in radio. The turnover is high and most reps last 1-3 months. The salary in not a guarantee.
Pros
daily flexibility of schedule that you can come in office in morning, leave and be back later in day, no other benefits
Cons
lack of ability to make money, management unwilling to help, job is misrepresented as far as money, gurantees, accounts and expectations, Not a company to work for if you are lookingfor a job for more than 2-3 months
Cumulus
Overnight Auditor/Air Talent (Current Employee) –  Mission, KSFebruary 16, 2016
It is a good place to work and I don't have any complaints at the moment, so if you're interested in a career in radio this would be a decent place to begin your career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cumulus Media. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9