Cumulus Media Employee Reviews

Fun Place To Work
Promotions Assistant/Board Operator (Current Employee), Detroit, MIJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Great Co Workers, Fun Job, Meet lots of people
Cons: Pay, Part-Time, No Benefits
Great job to have if your just starting your journey into the Radio business.

Working for this company I've learned a lot about radio but never had the chance to utilize that knowledge. Also since the company has taken over pay is still the same but they expect you work outrages hours for minimum wage (I get that it's an entry level job but for the work that you do minimum wage is not enough).
Great Internship
Promotions Intern (Former Employee), Mission, KSJune 29, 2015
This is a great place to intern at. They are very nice and open, and you don't just feel like an intern. There is really no hard part, you just have to show up and just be there and you would do fine. This is not rocket science.
Productive work place
Producer & Co-host (Former Employee), Radford, VAJune 25, 2015
Pros: Enjoyed working with the sports atmosphere
Cons: No healthcare benefits.
I ran broadcast equipment and monitored the "Big Dog Sports" talk show program. I interacted with the host and screened phone calls for the program. Voiced commercials.
productive
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee), Lafayette, LaJune 17, 2015
I answer phones and direct them to the staff and also work with the promotions department by giving away prices listeners won on-air.
A.R
Accounts Receivable & Credit Manager Specialist (Current Employee), Accounts ReceivableJune 2, 2015
Cumulus is a good company. Great people to work with. Although there is not much growth within the company. I have learned a lot thru my supervisor she has taught me everything there is to know about A.R. and also Credit and Collections.
Vice President/Market Manager/ Sales Manager (Former Employee), Oshkosh, WIMay 29, 2015
Cumulus is a company that is a system-based organization. It is headquartered in Atlanta and has highly developed proprietary sales systems, including a CRM tool and training. Good company to work for.
I enjoy the radio station and provide a public service
Board Operator (Current Employee), Columbus, MSMay 12, 2015
A typical work day I check all stations for missing spots. I upload promos for all stations. Management is good. I get along with my Co-workers. There isn't a hard part of the job other than time isn't ever on your side.
The culture at the radio station motivated me to always be out selling.
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Milford, CTApril 28, 2015
Pros: There were many sales incentives provided when we achieved our goals.
Cons: 100% commission in today's economy, no gas or phone allowance.
The company is very organized where all systems are web based and each station they own operates the exact same. My typical day involved cold calling by phone, setting up appointments to meet with local media agents and small business, writing my own sales proposals, entering all orders I sold, submit copy and production instructions and when necessary on air contest that where negotiated with the client as added value for their business.

I was responsible for forecasting my weekly sales and prospect for new clients to meet my monthly sales goals.

I enjoyed my coworkers and I also enjoyed working in a face pace environment. There just wasn't enough support staff to allow me to spend more time on the road which was the hardest part of the job. Finding a way to get all the office work done and still have time to cold call clients in person.

I love advertising and meeting new people. I truly enjoy learning about my potentials clients business and help them over come whatever marketing/advertising problems they were having.

I am great at building relationships. My clients appreciated that my advertising experience went beyond radio advertising. And that I truly care about their return on their investment.
Radio
Business Assistant (Former Employee), Ventura CaApril 12, 2015
Pros: Concerts
Cons: Ugly people that they cant fire because they're the 3rd person in that spot in 2 months
When I first started with this company everything was fun and rewarding. In radio you don't make big bucks but you enjoy the time there because you love it. When the Staff is cut in half its not fun any more when your Management has no friends besides Staff that only are friends because they are getting paid its time to move on.
Very little hours
Promotion Assistant (Current Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: flexibility
Cons: too few hours available for a large staff
A typical work day starts in the early to late afternoon and ends anywhere between 7 and 11 PM. Too many workers, too few hours.
No future here.
Sales Executive (Former Employee), Oshkosh, WIFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: nice area.
Cons: too many to list.
There is no money to be made here. You pay ALL expenses, get paid commission only. CSOS sales system is no longer valid, but pushed down your throat. Turn over market manager every 2 months, no leadership available. Market is oversatuated with constant pushes by always rotating sales staff.

You will never be allowed to work with agency accounts; existing sales people will make sure they get them all, will block you if even try. Basically, you will generate commissions of about $15 - 25K before you can't afford to stay and the long termers that never leave the office will get them when you quit. You simply feed the beast until you are used up.
Remote Tech
Remote Support Technician, Intern (Former Employee), Allentown, PAJanuary 11, 2015
Meet new people at remotes. Set up events. Cumulus is a great company to work for. Usually in this position you can get as many hour as you want.
Challenging and exciting work enviroment
Promotions Assistant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: different job requirements. exciting. meeting celebrities, atheletes and musical artists.
Cons: inconsistent hours, often chaotic.
A typical day at Cumulus included driving station vehicles to event, setting up venue or broadcast site, engaging with listeners and packing up set up.
I learned how to interact efficiently and successfully with account representatives, listeners, jocks and venders. Additionally, I learned the value of flexibility in a fast paced work environment. Management at Cumulus Media was a joy to work with, as most were on air personalities. My direct supervisors were adamant about creating a fun work environment that was both professionally and productive.

The most difficult part of this job were the inconsistent hours. This job is event based so each work day was subject to change on a whim. The most enjoyable part of this job was working concerts, festivals, and sporting events. The job was consistently new and exciting and as Promotion Assistants we often met celebrities, music artists and famous athletes.
Multi-faceted, fun
PRODUCTION INTERN, ZACH SANG AND THE GANG (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 15, 2014
I learned how a syndicated radio show works and its various parts. I also further developed my ability of topic development.
Good people
Sales (Current Employee), Fresno, CANovember 25, 2014
Fast paced work place, always something new to learn. Best part of the job is meeting new artists when they come through on radio tours.
excellent team work
CORPORATE ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 22, 2014
Pros: free shows
Cons: bad health care
No work and life balance. There seems to be a high turnover. The training programs are excellent. With such a high turnover , there seems to be a huge back log of work. Therr is no room for advancement and opportunities are few
Impressive title but terrible company and work environment
Sales Rep (Former Employee), IndianapolisNovember 21, 2014
Pros: it's a job that sounds good but is not.
Cons: it's a job that you will eventually leave. no long term opportunties.
Terrible place to work if you are thinking about a sales position. There are no daily expense benefits (you pay for tons of gas, etc.), and the other benefits are expensive! They micromanage you, do not believe in customer service, cookie cutter company managed from the top down. It's their way or the highway. Beware as there are better companies to work for. The hire and fire on a daily bases.
really cool if you like doing audio work and love radio
Intern (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKNovember 20, 2014
Pros: cool people, cool offices, cool equipment
Cons: dealing with politicians
i loved my time there with the katt. i wish i was still there to be honest. great people. great atmosphere. some days would drive ya fruity loops, but it is a cool place and a cool work environment.
Radio sales
Account Executive (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCNovember 17, 2014
Pros: high starting declining subsidy
Cons: comission based pay
Company that controls five radio stations in Charleston. This job required making sales for advertising space on those stations.
Fun and exciting work but the workplace leaves a lot to be desired.
Promotions Coordinator (Current Employee), Nashville, TNNovember 16, 2014
Pros: networking, free tickets to events/concerts, occasional free lunches, etc.
Cons: erratic schedule, long hours, working on holidays, etc.
This place is mostly fun to work with. We work a ton of events and meet all sorts of celebrities such as music artists, actors, and athletes. Our current team is just okay and lacks some passion for their jobs. Our current management has been a little bit disorganized and communication is not the best. The hardest part about this job is the hours. I have worked events as early as 3am in the morning and as late 2am. We also work some holidays but usually the events are fun. The best part of this job is to be able to get out in the public and show everyone the great brand that Cumulus offers. We have several radio stations that offer a variety of formats for just about everyone. We work a lot of fun events that allows us to use our creativity.
Headquarters