Cumulus Media

Cumulus Media Employer Reviews

Fun place to work
Radio Show Host (Current Employee), Youngstown, OHSeptember 11, 2014
Great working atmosphere, good people and they allow me to be creative.
Bad Attitudes From Co- workers
Management (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: tickets to local events
Cons: very little room for promotions and raises. bad attitudes
So many nasty negative attitudes that you have to deal with from other employees! Was extremely tired of hearing racial comments from a certain co-worker. Management had zero appreciation for hard working employees. So many of my co-workers hated working there too. I do not recommend this place if you want a stress-free job! Stay away!
Enjoyed working in promotions.
Events, Promotions and Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 23, 2014
Pros: enjoyed meeting the public while doing promotions.
Cons: new management ruined the company.
Started working in promotions and events. Really enjoyed doing that. New managment was brought in and asked me to move into sales. I did and that was a mistake.
Marketing and promotions events were unique and exciting.
Marketing Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 18, 2014
I assisted in the planning and execution of promotions and marketing events ranging from free concerts to biker rallies, frequently interacting with a wide variety of people.
Loved it!
Account Executive (Former Employee), Eugene, ORAugust 14, 2014
I loved my job. Great team to work with. Fast paced and creative area to flourish professionally. My managers were amazing.
Fun Atmosphere
Promo Tech (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJuly 23, 2014
Pros: free events
Cons: only part time
A typical day for me at Cumulus media is spent going to the office, picking up all the supplies needed for the promotional event that I will be performing. I then drive the radio station van to the site, set up, perform, and tear down for the promotional event. The hardest part of the job would be the set up. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting – more... the opportunity to go fun, exciting events for the radio stations. – less
Fun
Account Executive (Former Employee), Macon, GAJuly 20, 2014
Pros: freedom
Cons: car wear and tear
To much use of my own personal vehicle. Didn't like the morning meetings. It was a fun job!
Great place to learn and work.
Intern (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLJuly 17, 2014
• Assisted disc jockeys with live remotes
• Took in information from callers who won prizes on-air
• Assisted with all community events hosted by station
• Shadowed on-air personalities
• Maintained vehicle inventory
We are all just worker ants
Commercial Clearance Representative (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 10, 2014
Pros: everyone hates it
Cons: i got a promotion revoked due to a company merge
Overworked, underpaid, under appreciated. No moral, no perks, no bonuses, no parties. Lay off after lay off.
Not what I expected
Account Executive (Current Employee), Detroit, MIJuly 4, 2014
Pros: free food, freedom, make your own paycheck, started giving incentives
Cons: completely commission based, unnecessary weekly meetings, high turnover (2 or more people/month quitting or being fired)
Typical day at work:
Cold calling, going to appointments, using 3 or more different software's, clerical work, collecting checks, sales, and meetings.

What I learned:
A lot about media, sales, marketing, different business practices, and inside information on several different companies.

Management:
Took the job specifically because I thought I would – more... work well with my manager. He got sidetracked and had to keep up with superfluous corporate nonsense. This made it difficult to get trained here and, even though her wanted to help me more he couldn't. Both of the managers I reported to were later fired and then I REALLY had no one there for me.

Co-workers:
My mentor was the person who helped me the most. Without her I wouldn't have known how to do most of the things at work. A lot of people were great and very nice to me, but some who were more senior with more experience seemed to look down on me a bit since I am right out of college. I understand this, but instead of writing me off it would have been more beneficial to help me out. Most of the staff was very friendly and helpful, though.

Hardest Part of my Job:
Staying motivated when I had absolutely no supervision. I could not come to work on certain days with no one noticing. I also did not like cold calling and realized that sales probably was not the place for me.

The Most Enjoyable Part of the Job:
The perks we got such as free food and meeting celebrities. It was also nice to have goals to meet even if the ones given to us were somewhat unreachable and kind of discouraging. – less
Great Company
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Nashville, TNMay 9, 2014
Learn the inside and out of radio quickly. Great way to meet like-minded people with in-studio visits and onsite activations.
Fast Pace job
Director Of Marketing & Promotions (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAMay 6, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job is getting out in the community to meet listeners.
It was not a good fit
Account Executive (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 30, 2014
Working at Cumulus was not a good fit for me as it was my first sales job out of college and I was selling radio stations that had demographics of 45+ on the younger end of the spectrum.

Daily sales meetings that accomplished nothing
lots of travel always on the go
sales associate (Former Employee), Albany, GAApril 22, 2014
Pros: always in the community meeting new people and help build a future for local businesses
Cons: small market, established sales reps already had the big accounts locked up
every morning we would have a sails meeting and training once a week
starting the day at 0800, by 0900 I would have my schedule approved and leave the office
i would have on average 7-9 meetings with new clients a day, with 3-4 service calls with my existing clientele daily.
Wednesday each week there would be a cold call session block for two hours – more... to drum up new meetings for the next week.
twice a week i would take time to develop a marketing strategy for new clients, and put together a mock up " spec spot" of what that might sound like for their campaign on the radio – less
Hardworking people with a positive attitude
Executive Assistant to Regional VP/National Sales (Current Employee), Bridgeport, CTApril 9, 2014
Pros: great work environment.
Cons: healthcare
Managers and co-workers have commented on high levels of accuracy and work productivity. Takes pride in work and strives to improve work performance. Quantity of work produced is outstanding.Required paperwork is completed late or is only partially complete.
Cumulus Media LAST RESORT
Account Executive (Former Employee), Mobile, ALFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: mon-fri. thats it!
Cons: pay structure, management, ethics
Cumulus Media is a joke. Where do I begin? Management is the worst. They don't care about your jobs, they simply care about your sales. The turnover rate is so high. I was here for 8 months and saw at least 3 people interviewing a week. Management does not care, and they are horrible.

Now the co-workers were amazing. Awesome people. However, everyone – more... seems to hate management. I was actively seeking a second job WEEK 2, and found received several offers as I milked my "declining subsidy." I hit my number for 8 months, and then I was gone to a salary + commission job.

You actually lose money if you sell more than expected because you are capped at what you can make if you accept the subsidy. Haha, funny how that works huh?

Oh yes, and when you quit make sure you tell NOBODY! I was warned in advance and got my check as I quit on payday. If you quit before you will not get your money, so make sure you time it right.

Unless you are in transition, don't waste your time. – less
Productive Place to Work, Great Environment
Traffic / Continuity Assistant (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 5, 2014
Learned the ins and outs of the radio industry. Very helpful workers. Great environment.
Fun, exciting, new work environment
Promotions Assistant (Former Employee), York, PAJanuary 29, 2014
Fun for a internship type of job. Traveled to different businesses to do remotes with Radio On Air personalities. Also different work & meeting new people.
Great company, tough job
Marketing Consultant (Former Employee), New London, CTDecember 6, 2013
I enjoyed the thorough training process and all of my coworkers, especially my boss; however, I am not comfortable in the role of salesperson in an industry with which I am not particularly familiar.
Cumulus. Not the place you want to work
Marketing Consultant (Current Employee), Stockton, CaNovember 22, 2013
Pros: mileage, training, fun environment, challenge
Cons: horrendous management, flip-flop products, no responsibility for higher ups, favoritism, the list goes on and on
I cant seem to find much positive about this company, the management is horrible. No direction, lazy and manipulative. The management takes leads to cushion their paycheck and yes, the management makes commission on top of whatever they make for salary. In the few months I was at cumulus 5 sellers out of 10 quit. That should say alot about the company – more... as a whole. The employees are kind, to a degree. The ones that are there are veterans and have been there for over 10 years and have their accounts and have to do little prospecting and cold-calling/networking. Any individual who is transferring or is new to sales "Beware" you are in for an incredible up-hill climb with this company. You cannot trust management, they have double standards and fail to bring anyone along who might need help and guidance. Take it from me and 5 other employees that have left their position at cumulus media, this is not the place you want to work. Move on..... the management here will stab you in the back.. – less

1 2 3