Cumulus Media

Cumulus Media Employer Reviews

Multi-faceted, fun
PRODUCTION INTERN, ZACH SANG AND THE GANG (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 15, 2014
I learned how a syndicated radio show works and its various parts. I also further developed my ability of topic development.
Good people
Sales (Current Employee), Fresno, CANovember 25, 2014
Fast paced work place, always something new to learn. Best part of the job is meeting new artists when they come through on radio tours.
excellent team work
CORPORATE ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 22, 2014
Pros: free shows
Cons: bad health care
No work and life balance. There seems to be a high turnover. The training programs are excellent. With such a high turnover , there seems to be a huge back log of work. Therr is no room for advancement and opportunities are few
Impressive title but terrible company and work environment
Sales Rep (Former Employee), IndianapolisNovember 21, 2014
Pros: it's a job that sounds good but is not.
Cons: it's a job that you will eventually leave. no long term opportunties.
Terrible place to work if you are thinking about a sales position. There are no daily expense benefits (you pay for tons of gas, etc.), and the other benefits are expensive! They micromanage you, do not believe in customer service, cookie cutter company managed from the top down. It's their way or the highway. Beware as there are better companies to – more... work for. The hire and fire on a daily bases. – less
really cool if you like doing audio work and love radio
Intern (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKNovember 20, 2014
Pros: cool people, cool offices, cool equipment
Cons: dealing with politicians
i loved my time there with the katt. i wish i was still there to be honest. great people. great atmosphere. some days would drive ya fruity loops, but it is a cool place and a cool work environment.
Radio sales
Account Executive (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCNovember 17, 2014
Pros: high starting declining subsidy
Cons: comission based pay
Company that controls five radio stations in Charleston. This job required making sales for advertising space on those stations.
Fun and exciting work but the workplace leaves a lot to be desired.
Promotions Coordinator (Current Employee), Nashville, TNNovember 16, 2014
Pros: networking, free tickets to events/concerts, occasional free lunches, etc.
Cons: erratic schedule, long hours, working on holidays, etc.
This place is mostly fun to work with. We work a ton of events and meet all sorts of celebrities such as music artists, actors, and athletes. Our current team is just okay and lacks some passion for their jobs. Our current management has been a little bit disorganized and communication is not the best. The hardest part about this job is the hours. I – more... have worked events as early as 3am in the morning and as late 2am. We also work some holidays but usually the events are fun. The best part of this job is to be able to get out in the public and show everyone the great brand that Cumulus offers. We have several radio stations that offer a variety of formats for just about everyone. We work a lot of fun events that allows us to use our creativity. – less
Great Company
Program Director (Former Employee), Toledo, OHNovember 14, 2014
Every day was an amazing opportunity to learn and to grow. Loved every day of it.
Why Bother
Sales Executive (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 14, 2014
Pros: free ticket to events
Cons: straight commission high customer attrition station format instability
Radio Sales is not the place to be if you want security or 100k+ potential. Cumulus is a typical corporate dictate type of company. Generic sales packages shoved down sales people's and client's throats. Too much turnover.

Most people fall into the glamour of a media job so they take, have to cold call, earn no draw, and as soon as you land a few big – more... deals, somebody cancels and you never quite catch up with replacing business. – less
Very comfortable environment
Account Executive (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARNovember 6, 2014
Responsible for the advertising sales for eight radio stations
• Researched & generated new leads, performing cold calls overall prospecting for new business.
• Promoted sales of program sponsorships.
• Achieved display targets and maximized revenue.
• Prepared sales proposals and materials.
• Negotiated price adhering to established budgeted yields.
 – more... Monitored and analyzed competitive media for business leads.
• Assuring ROI through strategic marketing, branding, and advertising
• Live Remote Broadcast, and Event Planning – less
Job is hard and requires a lot of time but will push you to be the best you can be
MARKET OPERATIONS MANAGER (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 29, 2014
Pros: free concerts during work hours
Cons: horrible benefits
Cumulus is very corporate and if you do not meet their standards you will be replaced. They require a lot of time and when someone quits or gets fired they do not hire until it is crucial to do so, but you will learn more than you will at other places and it pushes you to be the best you can be.
Great Experience
account executive (Current Employee), dallasOctober 28, 2014
Great experience for someone right out of college who wants to learn a little about a lot. Extremely fast-paced and stressful days but great networking job.
Great Job
Web Manager (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLOctober 25, 2014
Pros: freedom, comfortable working environment
Cons: low wages
Great Job with a lot of freedom and great coworkers. If you love radio you will enjoy the job. Very positive work environment.
An oppressive, micromanaged work environment
Broadcast Engineer (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMOctober 21, 2014
Cons: poor working conditions, almost zero health benefits, micromanagement
The owners of the company are only interested in pulling as much money out of the company as possible before abandoning the properties.
Fun work environment with horrible management structure
Account Executive (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIOctober 20, 2014
Pros: fun environement
Cons: no room for career development/ bad management system
Fun and Frustrating are the 2 words that best describe my experience with Cumulus Media. The sales system (CSOS) is an outdated joke of a sales structure, but once you realize that and are willing to mold the product to you strengths you can succeed. Management is force fed CSOS sales techniques, and sales packages from the corporate office that don't – more... work well with your clients. Commissions are paid before client pays, so expect to spend half of your sales month tracking down payments from your clients, so that your commissions aren't charged back. – less
We worked hard and played harder
On Air-Talent/Producer (Former Employee), Davenport, IAOctober 6, 2014
Lots of hard work with little thanks. Felt like we were in the military at times. If it weren't for the free cds and concert tickets from time to time it might not have been worth it. Loved my co-workers. We were all like family.
Fun place to work
Radio Show Host (Current Employee), Youngstown, OHSeptember 11, 2014
Great working atmosphere, good people and they allow me to be creative.
Bad Attitudes From Co- workers
Management (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: tickets to local events
Cons: very little room for promotions and raises. bad attitudes
So many nasty negative attitudes that you have to deal with from other employees! Was extremely tired of hearing racial comments from a certain co-worker. Management had zero appreciation for hard working employees. So many of my co-workers hated working there too. I do not recommend this place if you want a stress-free job! Stay away!
Enjoyed working in promotions.
Events, Promotions and Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 23, 2014
Pros: enjoyed meeting the public while doing promotions.
Cons: new management ruined the company.
Started working in promotions and events. Really enjoyed doing that. New managment was brought in and asked me to move into sales. I did and that was a mistake.
Marketing and promotions events were unique and exciting.
Marketing Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 18, 2014
I assisted in the planning and execution of promotions and marketing events ranging from free concerts to biker rallies, frequently interacting with a wide variety of people.

1 2 3 4