Cumulus Media Employee Reviews

fun and relaxed environment.
Marketing and Promotions Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 24, 2017
At Cumulus I was on the promotions team to help with preparation for concerts and I also went to many promotional events to spread brand recognition for the radio stations. I really liked working with the people and management was very nice.
Terrible Company
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 15, 2017
Lasted one year tried to quit before they took us over and never looked back! I felt like a glorified scanning queen. Not enough productive communication and results.
Great company with lots of opportunity
Board Operator (Current Employee) –  Appleton/Oshkosh, WIJuly 12, 2017
Cumulus is one of the largest radio station conglomerates in the country, and radio is a local medium. This makes the company both fun to work for and large enough to pursue opportunities in associated areas (like sales). The people are great and the work is fun. If you don't have training on studio equipment, other parts of the company may have openings.
Pros
Radio is fun!
Cons
No cons.
Productive and fun workplace.
Radio Personality/DJ/Mixer (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJuly 12, 2017
It's a very company. I would recommend it to those that have a love for communications. I got to meet a lot of great people, serve a wonderful community while having some of the best times of my life.
it was ok working at Cumulus
Producer/Editor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 8, 2017
working midnight to five in the morning was ok but when you only work two days a week that sucks and the manager not talking to you in person is that great either the had no people skills
Fast paced - sometimes stressful - diversified
Assistant Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 7, 2017
Business office is stressful but predictable, Sales force is cut-throat
Management is fun and capable, but does not play well with the business office.
Pros
lots of free food - celebrities
Cons
Radio never closes
Experienced gained
NEWS REPORTER (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 5, 2017
Working at Cumulus gave me insight to working hard but working efficiently. my co-workers taught me to be be savvy with my talent and to always offer my best.
Exciting and interesting job in the Media
Announcer (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 5, 2017
Announcer and board op for Newstalk 780 KOH. I would collect and source local news, write news copy and read it on air. Source news audio including calling the appropriate govt or local agency and obtaining quotes and audio about a news story. Edit audio and create news packages that could be played on air. Identify technical issues and work with our engineering to fix any problems that arose at any for the 4 station in the building. I was responsible for keeping all 4 stations on air in the overnight hours working alone in the building. Hosted "Reno's Morning News" Saturday edition and also handled live sports, traffic and weather updates on many occasions. Our station was the originator for all Amber alerts and other emergency alerts for the Western region and I would have to record these alerts edit them and get them on air ASAP. Fun and exciting atmosphere working alone sourcing news and handling emergencies. Low pay and no benefits along with little chance for upward mobility was the only real issue.
Pros
Free passes to event, small celebrity status in the local market, Fun job
Cons
low pay, no benefits, odd hours
Cumulus
On-Air Personality/Event Host (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAJuly 5, 2017
I worked here for about 11 years while obtaining a senior tenure status. I relocated to Texas for a bigger opportunity that fell through after I arrived here.
Pros
work day
Cons
reliability
Great comany and a lot of fun
Marketing Consultant, Hudson (Former Employee) –  New York StateJune 22, 2017
If you enjoy the radio world, this is a great job. I have nothing ill to say as the management team was supportive and helpful through the beginning of my career. I wish I could've stayed with that company.
Pros
Fun environment, free food, remotes
Great company
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 17, 2017
Great company and management is top notch. Have 4 successful radio properties to sell. High demand in the market. Very involved in the community and support a lot of causes.
Benefits
cumulus is a good company to work for
Continuity Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 12, 2017
cumulus media is good company to work for. I have been in the radio industry for about 17 years now with clear channel radio being the first. it has allowed me to see how things work from both side. the radio station itself and then the advertising side.
Pros
extra vacation days
Cons
no time to take them
Excellent place to get resume expereince
Promotions Intern WRKI, WKIX (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTJune 12, 2017
worked here for a fall internship. It was a great experience leaning everything there is for radio that you need to know. I wish I could continue to work there
Pros
Great resume experience
Cons
unpaid
Great Place to work
Traffic Manager (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJune 9, 2017
I have enjoyed my time here and wish I could have stayed longer. Great Sales people to work with as well as on-air and management. It is a fun environment to work in and the benefits of being at a radio station are great!
Typical media sales
Key Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 7, 2017
Above average ramp pay, no base and you live off of comission. May be assigned some decent accounts to manage but not enough to make a good pay check.
Review
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJune 2, 2017
Very sales driven environment. Have to be able to change directions at a moments notice. Not everyone is held to the same level of accountability, which can be stressful.
Fun Job but a Difficult Company
Associate Producer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 31, 2017
Radio is for the chosen only. It's fun and exciting, but unfortunately, changing listenership habits and new technology have made it a very difficult business, especially for newcomers.

Cumulus has enormous debt. As an employee I always had the feel that it was treading water. Cutting cost and decreasing the budgets in the local markets was a number one priority by management. As such, many radio vets were terminated, and part-time talent saw reduction in their hours. Not the most conducive environment for creativity, but the extremely motivated will survive.
Amazing work place
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 31, 2017
A wonderful place to work. Chance to Gain experience and grow with great people. Learn tons about advertisement and sells as well as the radio world and how essential it is for business advertisement.
Fun getting my first Start in Radio
Board Operator / Promotion (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 25, 2017
Its my first gig in radio and I had an internship here so I am just lucky to have received the job offer from them.
The hardest part is the long overnights but you get used to it.
The best is everyday I learn new things about the job
Cumulus Media
Promotions Intern (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 20, 2017
We are a great media network to work for that offers live broadcasts all over the metro area. Our radio shows appeal to classic rock music lovers and our sports talk radio provides the ultimate experience for the true sports fan.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cumulus Media. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9