Cumulus Media Employee Reviews

Great starting job
Promotions Assistant (Former Employee) –  York, PAMarch 3, 2016
Met many interesting people, attended interesting local events.
Mostly involved sitting at a table ready to provide information when someone was interested.
Pros
Cool events
Cons
Irregular hours
Great Sales Training Program
Executive Marketing Consultant/Advertising/Sales (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 22, 2016
The typical work day is a surprise everyday. You get to meet new people everyday. My co-workers and energetic and willing to help.
Not a long term career
Account Executive/Outside Sales (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAFebruary 19, 2016
If you are looking for a career it is wise to consider all of your options before choosing this company for your next job. Make sure you have everything in writing and speak with all of the managers before deciding. There is limited opportunity in radio. The turnover is high and most reps last 1-3 months. The salary in not a guarantee.
Pros
daily flexibility of schedule that you can come in office in morning, leave and be back later in day, no other benefits
Cons
lack of ability to make money, management unwilling to help, job is misrepresented as far as money, gurantees, accounts and expectations, Not a company to work for if you are lookingfor a job for more than 2-3 months
Cumulus
Overnight Auditor/Air Talent (Current Employee) –  Mission, KSFebruary 16, 2016
It is a good place to work and I don't have any complaints at the moment, so if you're interested in a career in radio this would be a decent place to begin your career.
Interesting Working There
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 1, 2016
Overall It is not a bad place to work. Like any Large Corporation it has its faults. Radio has gotten to homogenized because of the syndication of shows nation wide and has taken all the local flavor out of the local markets. Local creativity is dwindling and I prefer to express myself and be creative.
Pros
FLexible hours in Some Positiond
Cons
No Raises or apprection for your work
loved meeting all the different people
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLJanuary 9, 2016
Enjoyed meeting all the different types of people that advertise with radio. Loved going to do the promotions. The job was probably a fantastic job before 2008 with business advertising in radio. The year I was in it wasn't the best.
Pros
lots of perks
Cons
insurance very expensive
The place to be for radio broadcasting
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJanuary 8, 2016
Their stations are the best in town and it's all because of the people working in in the building. From the sales team and their managers, to the promotions and production staff, to the night crew - everybody loves what they do.
Very lucrative for the right personality
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCJanuary 5, 2016
The people who tend to succeed in this job are relentless headhunters. Those who are willing to be told no 50 times to get the one yes and have the passion for finding an undiscovered gem thrive here. You do get to meet a lot of interesting people, and there's a ton of autonomy within your typical workday. The company itself is on the mend, and can go nowhere but up.
Cumulus Houston
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Texas Gulf Coast, TXJanuary 4, 2016
Excellent co-workers. Company is currently going through a shift in management, Improved changes are on the horizon. It's a good time to join the company.
enjoyable atmosphere,
street team member (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MADecember 29, 2015
Depeneding on the week, I either cover the front desk or I am at a promotions event. Promotion events are pretty enjoyable you get to mingle with people while giving away prizes .(depending on which event you get assigned to)
Pros
normal hours, learn new things while intermingling with people
Cons
not always steady hours, not enough $an hour
Not a Good Place to Work.
Traffic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LADecember 18, 2015
Some good radio stations are associated with this company. There are some hard working people at this company that's not appreciated. Stress level is unbelievable!!!
Positive Environment
Promoter (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLDecember 18, 2015
I absolutely love working here. I love meeting new people every time I go to all the events. My Co-workers are amazing, outgoing people.
Review Summary
on air talent, talent broker, event producer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 15, 2015
Live radio talk show. On air at 5:00am-12:00pm
Working with many personalities
Radio management is independent of the "Host" management
Great team
Constantly being "ON" 5hrs a day!
I love people
Pros
Fun
Sucks
customer service (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 24, 2015
This job has no job security and if you even mention you are looking for another job the will fire you on the spot. Do not recommend.
Fun place to work, horrible wages
Promotions & Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 20, 2015
Cumulus is a fun place to work but they do not provide any opportunities to grow nor do they offer raises. I made 8.00/hr working there for 3 years. I went to one of the best schools for the position I was in and they still held me back to grow with the company. They are constantly laying people off and changing things around.
Very good company, tough micromanaging
Territory Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CANovember 12, 2015
I enjoyed working of the company, Management could not find a Inside Sales Manager so promoted within. Difficult selling without support.
Advertising Sales - it's tough but rewarding
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IANovember 6, 2015
Great to help local businesses grow through their marketing, using your stations. At the time I was there, the market manager knew very little on advertising, and made the culture very grim. The local sales manager was the savior of the market for sure. Great programming, great promotions, but in the end, they sold!
It was a great teaching tool and overall great experience in socializing with the public .
Intern/Man On The Street (Former Employee) –  Flint, MINovember 2, 2015
It was fun . It was educational and it overall the most fun I could have with a job as far as interacting with other people goes .
Pros
Everything that came with the job .
Cons
No complaints whatsoever .
If You Like Making Money, This Place is For You
Receptionist/ Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYOctober 27, 2015
I just wanted a day to day job. I wasn't looking for a career here so I didn't fit in. But if you like money and enjoy the thrill of making money, this is the place for you.
Cons
Very fast paced work environment
Traffic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAOctober 26, 2015
Exciting and fun work environment.
Enjoyable work environment

Wish the departments were more focused on team moral

limited job advancement
Pros
Fun coordinated work events
Cons
limited job advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cumulus Media. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9