CUNA Mutual Group Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work, Learned a Ton
Sr. Marketing Specialist (Former Employee), Madison, WIAugust 2, 2015
Pros: Pay, Benefits
CUNA Mutual is a very large company with a strong culture for rewarding results. I've had many opportunities for growth both within and outside my position. My department really does believe in training, and I've had many, many training opportunities. I've learned a lot about financial services, and overall the people are very motivated and collaborative. I've enjoyed my time there and recommend it to anyone seeking to experience the "big, corporate" experience.
Average Place to work
Manager (Current Employee), MadisonJuly 11, 2015
Continued strategy changes and mixed message; business acceleration combined with steep expense cuts. Upper management seems more interested in their personal agendas than employees.
Excellent
Policy Servicing Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJune 25, 2015
Pros: Incentives and bonuses.
Cons: N/A
Traning is great, team concept. Excellent benefits and incentives. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you are allowed to work with little or no supervision as long as preformed up a high standard.
Insurance Products
Insurance Products Representative (Former Employee), albuquerque NMMay 31, 2015
Pros: Great place to work
Cons: getting laid off
Assisted the CU members and employees with insurance products, I was the only employee there but saw CU employees as my co workers. My supervisor was in a different state was has weekly telephone meetings
Work day
Marketing Analyst (Current Employee), Madison, WIMay 27, 2015
Pros: underground parking
Cons: na
I work on many projects and select circulation for two partner companies. We mail between 1 and 4 million pieces each month
N/A
CLAIMS GENERALIST II (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 4, 2015
Working here was a great learning experience. Working here provided me knowledge to grow within the company. They also provide many resource and course to take to succeed within any job role.
Good work/life balance
Product Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 22, 2015
Great leadership that balances employee resource with business needs very well. Viability drives the company's success, but a focus on integrity and transparency.
CUNA Mutual Group was a fair company to work for
Field Service Specialist (Former Employee), Madison, WIApril 3, 2015
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: lots of travel
The company was undergoing a transition when I left. I believe the new leadership will take them in a better direction. They have streamlined themselves back into their core business of insurance.
Working with small credit unions gave advantages
Investment Adviser (Former Employee), Waverly, IAMarch 9, 2015
Pros: assosiation with top notch people.
Cons: balancing support among multiple locations
The small credit unions have a close relationship with their customer base, so referrals from them were very strong. Working out of the Credit Union League gave addition credence to my presence because the credit unions were closely tied to the credit union league.
An employer where I'm valued
Business Analysis Consultant (Current Employee), Madison, WIFebruary 23, 2015
The only reason I'm leaving CUNA Mutual is to relocate out of state to be closer to family. Able to work from home when necessary, believed in me and my work.
Easy place to work.
Inbound Customer Service/Outbound Mortgage Sales (Former Employee), Ft. Worth, TXFebruary 2, 2015
Very slow call volume and late night schedules. Was sent home several times due to slow call volume. Learned how to refer home loans and take applications for all types of loans.
Horrible Claims Management
Unit Manager (Former Employee), Fort WOrth TexasJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: nice facility
Cons: terrible leadership
Claims Director was self serving and not interested in a positive work environment. She was only interested in advancing those in her "click".
Horrible person that turned a good place to work bad!
Great Intern Company
Website Marketing Intern (Current Employee), Madison, WIJanuary 10, 2015
I found that CUNA Mutual Group truly displayed a great culture for its interns. Everyone I met within the company was supportive and willing to help me in any way possible. I found that I learned many necessary skills for the business world while my time interning at CUNA Mutual Group.
Overwhelmingly challenging
Customer Support Specialist II (Compliance) (Current Employee), Madison, WIDecember 25, 2014
Pros: dedicated colleagues
Cons: high volume of workload, constantly interrupted while doing complex tasks.
I respond to cold calls regarding the LOANLINER document product, and the associated compliance (consumer protection laws).

There is high management turnover in our area (over 16 managers in the last 16 years). The current managers are very nice people, but they do not understand the complexity of the LOANLINER document product and associated compliance (consumer protection laws).

My co-workers are smart and dedicated.

The biggest challenge is to be constantly available for support while delivering on the production/research promises made.

The most enjoyable part of my current is to help others understand complex consumer protection law
Ok company to work for
Senior Billing Services Specialist II (Former Employee), Fort WorthDecember 16, 2014
Benefits are good. Bright building, location is nice. In the center of the DFW area.
Wonderful place to work
Project Manager (Former Employee), Madison, WINovember 15, 2014
Great, dedicated, engaged people. They walk the talk about work life balance and their dedication to their employees.
Family oriented with sharp individuals
Corporate Finance Project Manager (Former Employee), Madison, WINovember 6, 2014
Pros: good warm work environment
Strong family orientation with solid individuals with a "can do" attitude. Willing to smartly embrace technology to improve the company.
I loved this Place
Senior Sales Associate  (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXNovember 3, 2014
I loved this environment it was all goo until they had lay-offs, i would happily work for this establishment again if the opportunity presents it's self.
Support the Credit Union Movement
Director (Current Employee), Ft. Worth, TXSeptember 30, 2014
This is a company that focuses on supporting the financial needs of the Credit Union space.
Awesome culture and driven management.
Anonymous (Current Employee), Madison, WISeptember 10, 2014
The culture here is positive, collaborative, and surprisingly laid-back for a corporate office. Excellent place to work! The new leadership will take the company far.