CUNA Mutual Group Employee Reviews

Great place!
Events and Brand Marketing Intern (Current Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 5, 2015
I enjoy the work place immensity. It is full of kind and very friendly staff who are willing to take the time to answer questions and help in any way possible.
new company
Claims Generalist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 30, 2015
This was a typical customer service job and was very new to the area when I worked here. I was introduced to insurance and different plans here alone with filing claims. I enjoyed this work.
Ok
Implementation Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 27, 2015
I have had mixed experienced at CMG. This has primarily been a result of inconsistent managers. Work life balance was satisfactory
Great Place to work!
Qualified Plan Specialist (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 27, 2015
Great place to work for in the Madison location. Underground parking and friendly staff. Beautiful campus and nice dining area.
• Installation, setup and configuration of RHEL, CentOS products in different hardware in a datacenter environment.
Linux System administrator (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 20, 2015
• Manage, Install patches and other software packages using YUM and RPM.
• User Administration on Linux like managing and auditing user account and implementation of system security policies, User ID/Group ID management, password policies, password aging
CUNA does important work and protects members that otherwise would not be protected.
Production Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Madison WIAugust 26, 2015
Manage direct marketing test and rollout kits, from data development to distribution
~ Work with various in-house data management software; identify issues and opportunities
~ Write detailed specifications, working closely with legal staff to ensure regulatory compliance
~ Collaborate with in-house teams and vendors to ensure campaign objectives are met; solve problems
~ Accountable for accurate materials; research and implement ideas to enhance results
Great Place to Work, Learned a Ton
Sr. Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 2, 2015
CUNA Mutual is a very large company with a strong culture for rewarding results. I've had many opportunities for growth both within and outside my position. My department really does believe in training, and I've had many, many training opportunities. I've learned a lot about financial services, and overall the people are very motivated and collaborative. I've enjoyed my time there and recommend it to anyone seeking to experience the "big, corporate" experience.
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Average Place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  MadisonJuly 11, 2015
Continued strategy changes and mixed message; business acceleration combined with steep expense cuts. Upper management seems more interested in their personal agendas than employees.
Excellent
Policy Servicing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 25, 2015
Traning is great, team concept. Excellent benefits and incentives. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you are allowed to work with little or no supervision as long as preformed up a high standard.
Pros
Incentives and bonuses.
Cons
N/A
Insurance Products
Insurance Products Representative (Former Employee) –  albuquerque NMMay 31, 2015
Assisted the CU members and employees with insurance products, I was the only employee there but saw CU employees as my co workers. My supervisor was in a different state was has weekly telephone meetings
Pros
Cons
getting laid off
Work day
Marketing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 27, 2015
I work on many projects and select circulation for two partner companies. We mail between 1 and 4 million pieces each month
Pros
underground parking
Cons
na
N/A
CLAIMS GENERALIST II (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 4, 2015
Working here was a great learning experience. Working here provided me knowledge to grow within the company. They also provide many resource and course to take to succeed within any job role.
Good work/life balance
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 22, 2015
Great leadership that balances employee resource with business needs very well. Viability drives the company's success, but a focus on integrity and transparency.
CUNA Mutual Group was a fair company to work for
Field Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 3, 2015
The company was undergoing a transition when I left. I believe the new leadership will take them in a better direction. They have streamlined themselves back into their core business of insurance.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
lots of travel
Working with small credit unions gave advantages
Investment Adviser (Former Employee) –  Waverly, IAMarch 9, 2015
The small credit unions have a close relationship with their customer base, so referrals from them were very strong. Working out of the Credit Union League gave addition credence to my presence because the credit unions were closely tied to the credit union league.
Pros
assosiation with top notch people.
Cons
balancing support among multiple locations
An employer where I'm valued
Business Analysis Consultant (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 23, 2015
The only reason I'm leaving CUNA Mutual is to relocate out of state to be closer to family. Able to work from home when necessary, believed in me and my work.
Easy place to work.
Inbound Customer Service/Outbound Mortgage Sales (Former Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXFebruary 2, 2015
Very slow call volume and late night schedules. Was sent home several times due to slow call volume. Learned how to refer home loans and take applications for all types of loans.
Horrible Claims Management
Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort WOrth TexasJanuary 19, 2015
Claims Director was self serving and not interested in a positive work environment. She was only interested in advancing those in her "click".
Horrible person that turned a good place to work bad!
Pros
nice facility
Cons
terrible leadership
Great Intern Company
Website Marketing Intern (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 10, 2015
I found that CUNA Mutual Group truly displayed a great culture for its interns. Everyone I met within the company was supportive and willing to help me in any way possible. I found that I learned many necessary skills for the business world while my time interning at CUNA Mutual Group.
Overwhelmingly challenging
Customer Support Specialist II (Compliance) (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIDecember 25, 2014
I respond to cold calls regarding the LOANLINER document product, and the associated compliance (consumer protection laws).

There is high management turnover in our area (over 16 managers in the last 16 years). The current managers are very nice people, but they do not understand the complexity of the LOANLINER document product and associated compliance (consumer protection laws).

My co-workers are smart and dedicated.

The biggest challenge is to be constantly available for support while delivering on the production/research promises made.

The most enjoyable part of my current is to help others understand complex consumer protection law
Pros
dedicated colleagues
Cons
high volume of workload, constantly interrupted while doing complex tasks.