CUNA Mutual Group

CUNA Mutual Group Employer Reviews

Support the Credit Union Movement
Director (Current Employee), Ft. Worth, TXSeptember 30, 2014
This is a company that focuses on supporting the financial needs of the Credit Union space.
Awesome culture and driven management.
Anonymous (Current Employee), Madison, WISeptember 10, 2014
The culture here is positive, collaborative, and surprisingly laid-back for a corporate office. Excellent place to work! The new leadership will take the company far.
Great Company with advancement opportunities
Service Center Manager (Former Employee), Madison, WISeptember 3, 2014
Pros: advancement and bonus programs
Manage and review staff, call credit union clients to keep in touch, traveling to train credit union staff and our remote staff. Work with credit union and train their staff to transition to new tracking systems

The management is wonderful to work with and very supportive, with annual and continuous training in management and human resources as well – more... as how to resolve issues with staff or our clients

I really enjoyed the supportive nature of the company and how we all worked together as a team supporting our clients the credit union and our co-workers. – less
CUNA was fine
Workforce Analyst II (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXAugust 18, 2014
CUNA was fine. Atmosphere was great and the people were great to be around. The company has no complaints from me
CUNA Mutual Group was a fun place to work. The connection beteen the company, our credit union partners and their members was extremely powerful.
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee), Madison, WIAugust 11, 2014
Pros: helping sales agents to achieve new levels of success.
Cons: road and plane travel was challenging but necessary.
My role as North East Regional Sales Manager required extensive travel to the tune of 2 to 3 days per week. The time was well worth it because I was able to spend valuable face time with both sales reps as well as credit union members. My overall function went beyond the scope of field training and included recruiting, motivation, product and structured – more... sales training...and more.

I found the management team to be extremely professional, straight forward and most of all honest and this drove a culture of caring and integrity throughout the entire organization.

The most enjoyable part of the job was engaging with my sales team in one on one coaching sessions an on our Friday sales conference calls.

The hardest part of the job was having to keep the team motivated during a time when the organization made a decision to close out the product line.

As a regional sales manager I found it easy to engage with my peers and to collaborate fully in an effort to meet and exceed sales objectives. – less
Net Developer (Current Employee), Madison, WIAugust 11, 2014
Its good to work here. A good team . Co-workers were very helpful.

Overall good work environment.

I learn team player qualities as well as new technologies.

I worked on c#.net,MVC,web api,javascript,jquery,etc.
Working at CUNA Mutual Group
Collateral Products Manager (Former Employee), Madison, WIJuly 24, 2014
Pros: benefits, computer technology
Cons: long hours
My typical day could involve assisting in sales, installation of the product with our clients, training our client's staff, maintaining a continued successful relationship. Resolving problems as needed, manage staff who were assigned to our clients, retrain client staff.

Learned various data processing systems, insurance products and concepts. Learned – more... to listen and work with people, most enjoyable part of my job was working with our clients in building a lasting relationship.

The most difficult part of my job was the demanding hours of work which was usually over 40 hours per week.

My co workers and my supervisor were wonderful to work with. – less
great environment and good overall job and company
Contact Center Representative (Current Employee), Waverly, IAJune 18, 2014
love my co-workers and the company. typical day is on the phone taking inbound calls using the computer and a multitude of systems and multi tasking.
Very solid company
SVP & Chief Human Resources Officer (Former Employee), Madison, WIApril 19, 2014
Pros: people, culture, management
Cons: madison is cold!
Great place to work. Strong leadership team. Employees were focused on the Credit Union market.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 16, 2014
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of th
Ethical company with a heart
Licensed Insurance Representative (Current Employee), Waverly, IAApril 15, 2014
Pros: hard work is rewarded
Cons: schedules are micromanaged
Management in this company is engaging and supportive of personal development. The company itself is upstanding and makes you feel proud to work there.
aging workforce
Project Manager / Implementation Coordinator (Former Employee), Madison, WIApril 14, 2014
aging workforce, difficult to communicate with upper management
Productive Atmosphere with Dynamic Optimization
Claim Specialist (Current Employee), Waverly, IAMarch 18, 2014
Pros: free use of fitness room, nice starting amount of vacation time, nice working space
Cons: vacation time was reduced, and has not been reinstated
A typical day involves multitasking to assist customers, both internal and external, with claims and questions. Flexibility and teamwork are a requirement, and the ability to work unsupervised with a high degree of motivation is essential. The hardest part of the job is a lack of internal support from other departments and superiors. The most enjoyable – more... part is customer satisfaction. – less
Fast Paced, Rewarding Sales Opportunities
Retirement & Investment Representative (Former Employee), Madison, WIMarch 15, 2014
Pros: wholesale meetings with dinner & cocktails quarterly, amazing benefits
Cons: n/a
Financial Planning conversations with the credit union employees and their members across the country. Offering tailored financial planning services to meet clients individual needs and goals.

I learned that the financial services industry is always changing and growing, so you must keep yourself current with market news and participate in on-going – more... educational workshops to stay in compliant with regulatory requirements and laws.

Hardest part of the job was developing rapport with clients via telephone since we worked remotely as financial advisors. But once the rapport was developed, the client relationships were stronger than any other position I have had in Financial Services.

Most rewarding is that we were able to change the financial lives of many people all over the country and offer guidance for financial wellness. – less
Enjoyable Place to work
Property & Liability Adjuster (Former Employee), Madison, WIMarch 12, 2014
Pros: great company and people working there.
Cons: re-organization made it scary to not know if department would be moved to another state.
This was a very special job and had to get additional training to do it which was a benefit that helped not only myself but also the company.
IT was good
Student Consultant (Former Employee), Madison, WIFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: nice environment
Cons: long hours
I was a student doing a project for CUNA Mutual Group. It was a good work environment, very proactive and very effective.
Fast paced, quick to market development
Programmer Analyst Specialist (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: generally good assignments.
Cons: on-call, priority setting when changes or new work comes in.
Developers design and develop which is great. We also are responsible for unit and integration testing. Could use a QA group after that which they did not have while I was there. On-call (mainframe night) was a real drag on your week. You were often up many time throughout the night and you are still expected to keep up with your assigned tasks for – more... that week. Many hours. – less
CUNA Mutual Group
Sr. Billing Services Generalist (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXJanuary 7, 2014
I work with really good and knowledgeable people. Management can be poor at times but overall, I have enjoyed working here.
Exceptional employment opportunity.
Service Administrator (Former Employee), Waverly, IAJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: many great paying positions.
Cons: has grown so large we are no longer a close employee family
This job was the most impressive when I started there. As times changed there was many challenges. I survived 20 plus years and worked very hard to make the transition of my job to others outside the area as smooth as possible. The company has grown and changed drastically.
Productive and fun workplace
Underwriting Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXNovember 25, 2013
Pros: productive and fun workplace
Productive and fun workplace. You get immediate benefits upon being hired. Very family oriented.

1 2 3