CUNA Mutual Group Employee Reviews

Helping people help others
Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 14, 2017
During my Internship with CUNA Mutual, I learned a great deal about banking, accounting, insurance, risk, and leadership. CUNA Mutual takes great pride in all their employees whether they are interns, part-time employees, or full time employees. CUNA Mutual always took pride in teaching their employees all necessary skills for their jobs and investing in their employees future!
Good company overall
Lending Protection Manager (Current Employee) –  RemoteJune 2, 2017
CMG is overall a great company to work for with many opportunities to grow your career. Management is supportive while some senior managers are on the completely opposite of that spectrum. Work life balance can be extremely difficult to maintain at times with unreasonable pressures placed on your shoulders. However, given the right opportunity with the right leader and team it can be a rewarding experience.
Pros
Autonomy to manage territory, Team synergy, grow relationships and travel
Cons
Senior leadership can be unsupportive, job stability is questionable in some areas and leadership develop plan is lacking
A job
Service Administrator II, Sep (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 16, 2017
I worked in the Fort Worth Office and I this was arguably the best office to work for. The past 2 managers that I had were wonderful, but every other one before were very insecure and shut down ideas or others opinions. The company is top heavy as can be and will let go the actual workers to provide the great service and products our customers want and then complain about the drop off of productivity when new employees have to be trained.
E-Learning contractor
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 16, 2017
I worked on a temporary project designing and voicing e-learning products. The culture was relaxed but demanding. The project itself was a little understaffed and short on timeline, but not the worst I'd experienced in a corporate environment.
Productive workplace
Product Administration Generalist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 3, 2017
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
The people
Productive and Fun Place
Life Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Waverly, IAApril 19, 2017
Great place to work. The people there are fun to work with. The benefits are very good. There is a really nice cafeteria. They offer really good healthcare for your family.
Pros
Healthcare, Exercise Room
Ugly culture. Conceited leadership. Dwindling benefits.
Senior Leader (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 18, 2017
In a sad turn of recent events, this once premier company is deteriorating in culture, ethics, and leadership. It was once a great company to work for. Lately it is profit hungry and treat employees as commodity items to be used at their expense. They've lost the art of people leadership.
Pros
Cafeteria. Benefits.
Cons
Culture of competition, greed, and entitlement. Review process. Bonus incentives.
Great people
Corporate Wellness Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMarch 21, 2017
Great people to work with in every team and department. Provides opportunities for great work life balance no matter your lifestyle. Very active in the local community
Exellent benefits
Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMarch 17, 2017
Overall work culture is very professional with a mix of union and non-union employees. This mix makes for a somewhat cutthroat environment. Union contract provide increases no matter what effort is put forth.
Benefits
Cons
nothing
Amazing place to work
Salesforce Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMarch 15, 2017
Overall great company, great people. The atmosphere in the office is outstanding. There is an onsite cafeteria, Starbucks, etc. The campus is well kept and enjoyable to be on. The office is kept current.
Productive work place
Sr .NET Developer (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 8, 2017
CUNA Mutual has been a good place to work after I graduated from college. I have learned quite a bit during my time there and they have treated me very well.
Work Summary
Consumer Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Madison, WI 53701January 14, 2017
Amazing company
Life Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Waverly, IAJanuary 5, 2017
I have never felt more appreciated at work. Great management. They want to give you opportunities. Amazing staff. Great benefits. Wish I didn't leave.
Currently Changing, but Good Overall
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 28, 2016
Great people work at CUNA Mutual. Some issues with agility and accountability. Lots of workforce changes in the last year, but these things go in cycles.
Great company, but going through expense cutting measures with lots of job losses
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 22, 2016
Overall great company, great people. The atmosphere in the office is outstanding. There is an onsite cafeteria, starbucks, etc. Campus is well kept and enjoyable to be on. Office is kept current.
Pros
the people
Cons
expense cutting
Amazing place to work
IT Application Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 14, 2016
I very much enjoyed my time developing software with the CUNA Mutual digital team. As an intern, I didn't know what to expect, but they quickly and efficiently integrated me into the team and had me working on full parts of their site in no time!
Good pay, decent but declining benefits, upper management out of touch..
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 3, 2016
Good company overall but just went through major consolidation and elimination of positions despite repeated record growth and profits over the past several years. Constant "Do more with less" mentality of management has over stressed and worked professional staff, causing talented employees to leave regularly for other companies.

Co-workers are great overall, facilities are top notch with gyms and cafeterias with wide selection of offerings daily.

Upper management doesn't follow through on project commitments, chases latest corporate fads (Agile etc.) without providing proper training or resources, outsources part of the coding offshore, yet point fingers at the staff as the cause when projects are routinely behind schedule or fail outright.
Pros
Co-workers, facilities, pay and bonuses, still provides a pension.
Cons
Meeting overkill, typical office politics at manager level and above, Training budget slashed to basically non-existent levels.
Overall good employer
Triathlon Coach (Current Employee) –  Middleton, WIOctober 24, 2016
The work is steady and you stay busy. Advancement opportunities are abased on your ability to know leaders outside your work area. If your role does not cross with other areas it will be difficult to advance.
Flexible
Business Systems Consultant (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 18, 2016
They recognized good people and encouraged and provided opportunities. The management tries hard to solve issues and cares for the employees. Work-life balance is quite achievable.
It’s a good company I learned a lot from that client
Sr. TIBCO Developer (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 4, 2016
It’s a good company I learned a lot from that client I learned many thing from project manager I thought of continuing with this company we are unable to do .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CUNA Mutual Group. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2