CUNA Mutual Group Employee Reviews in United States

Great compensation
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMarch 7, 2016
I loved working for CUNA Mutual until the top new management came in around 2005-2006 and made many changes that affected a lot of individuals. CUNA Mutual was very generous with bonuses/pay raises. My individual manager was excellent and I loved my work environment, which was a satellite office, away from the Madison location.
Great Place to Work, Learned a Ton
Sr. Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 2, 2015
CUNA Mutual is a very large company with a strong culture for rewarding results. I've had many opportunities for growth both within and outside my position. My department really does believe in training, and I've had many, many training opportunities. I've learned a lot about financial services, and overall the people are very motivated and collaborative. I've enjoyed my time there and recommend it to anyone seeking to experience the "big, corporate" experience.
Pros
Pay, Benefits
A great company offering exceptional work/life balance
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 27, 2016
CUNA Mutual Group is consistently rated one of the best companies to work for in Madison for a reason. They tend to choose the right people to hire, and great people make for a great work environment. They truly offer exceptional work-life balance - an amazing company gym, underground parking, and ample benefits.
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Company Gym, Great Co-workers
We work hard but have fun as well.
Implementation & Servicing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMarch 14, 2016
Great place to work with flexible hours. I met a lot of great people and formed great relationships with many during my career at CUNA Mutual.
Excellent
Policy Servicing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 25, 2015
Traning is great, team concept. Excellent benefits and incentives. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you are allowed to work with little or no supervision as long as preformed up a high standard.
Pros
Incentives and bonuses.
Cons
N/A
Company is a investment vendor for the Virginia Credit Union
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 16, 2016
Not a bad company to work for. The position is dependent on referrals from VACU tellers and loan officers. No self promotion is allowed without VACU permission.
Working at CUNA Mutual Group
Collateral Products Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 24, 2014
My typical day could involve assisting in sales, installation of the product with our clients, training our client's staff, maintaining a continued successful relationship. Resolving problems as needed, manage staff who were assigned to our clients, retrain client staff.

Learned various data processing systems, insurance products and concepts. Learned to listen and work with people, most enjoyable part of my job was working with our clients in building a lasting relationship.

The most difficult part of my job was the demanding hours of work which was usually over 40 hours per week.

My co workers and my supervisor were wonderful to work with.
Pros
benefits, computer technology
Ok, place to work.
Sales (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 17, 2016
I enjoyed the people I worked with, but the company is changing all the time. Most of the supervisors that were over me wasn't very effective when it came to organization. So, most of the time the managers were busy trying to hide their insecurities, instead of actually paying attention to details.
• Installation, setup and configuration of RHEL, CentOS products in different hardware in a datacenter environment.
Linux System administrator (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 20, 2015
• Manage, Install patches and other software packages using YUM and RPM.
• User Administration on Linux like managing and auditing user account and implementation of system security policies, User ID/Group ID management, password policies, password aging
CUNA does important work and protects members that otherwise would not be protected.
Production Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Madison WIAugust 26, 2015
Manage direct marketing test and rollout kits, from data development to distribution
~ Work with various in-house data management software; identify issues and opportunities
~ Write detailed specifications, working closely with legal staff to ensure regulatory compliance
~ Collaborate with in-house teams and vendors to ensure campaign objectives are met; solve problems
~ Accountable for accurate materials; research and implement ideas to enhance results
The best place to work, Women's softball team, aerobics classes and total company parties.
Underwriting/Policy Servicing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CANovember 11, 2012
This was my favorite job and at 19 was an opportunity of a lifetime. Learned all facets of life insurance from underwriting, policy servicing to claims. Given opportunity for advancement, schooling, promotions, paid vacation and working with all your friends straight out of high school was unbelievable. Learning how the business worked and assisting all the agents in the field from Hawaii to Colorado was an experience.
Pros
compensation, bonuses, paid vacation, softball and friends.
Cons
can't think of any at this time.
Excellent Company
Long Term Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waverly, IADecember 29, 2015
Best company I every worked for. Wonderful manager and excellent training. Best products in the industry. Had the freedom to set my own schedule and support of manager and staff.
Pros
Free leads based on production
Cons
They no longer offer Long Term Care Insurance
Productive and fun workplace
Accounts Payable (Current Employee) –  Madison, WisconsinAugust 6, 2013
Typical day at CUNA, I started by running all the reports I need to do for the balancing of the vouchers, balancing checks, and WebEFT balancing in the morning. I release the checks once balanced and OFAC is done. I run the outstanding voucher report and contact people about the vouchers. Working on inputting invoices in the system all day. I also help the WebEFT team by entering in or changing products within the WebEFT system. I help out on the phone calls all day. I balance the afternoon check run and release checks and I also balance WebEFT and release the file to the bank. When I first started with CUNA I was on the vendor side setting up new vendors, or making changes to current ones. Plus I worked on getting the 1099 ready and printed. I'm currently temping at CUNA and looking for a full time job.
Pros
healthcare, 401k
Great Team Management!
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waverly, IAAugust 6, 2012
Teams were encouraged to work cohesively with each department, through team building programs.

Management was very helpful in building good working relations among the different departments.

Co-workers were very helpful in situations that required added input or information.

The hardest part of the position was not being able to stay at this location.

The most enjoyable part of the job were the added benefits afforded the employees (Massage on location) and monthly goody days!
Pros
awesome employee comraderie!
Cons
distance to work and home was longer than expected.
Ok
Implementation Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 27, 2015
I have had mixed experienced at CMG. This has primarily been a result of inconsistent managers. Work life balance was satisfactory
Fast Paced, Rewarding Sales Opportunities
Retirement & Investment Representative (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMarch 15, 2014
Financial Planning conversations with the credit union employees and their members across the country. Offering tailored financial planning services to meet clients individual needs and goals.

I learned that the financial services industry is always changing and growing, so you must keep yourself current with market news and participate in on-going educational workshops to stay in compliant with regulatory requirements and laws.

Hardest part of the job was developing rapport with clients via telephone since we worked remotely as financial advisors. But once the rapport was developed, the client relationships were stronger than any other position I have had in Financial Services.

Most rewarding is that we were able to change the financial lives of many people all over the country and offer guidance for financial wellness.
Pros
wholesale meetings with dinner & cocktails quarterly, amazing benefits
Cons
n/a
Contact Center is high level stress at times, the people there are wonderful to work with.
Contact Center Representative I (Current Employee) –  Waverly, IAAugust 8, 2012
My co-workers are wonderful. The company is a great company as a whole. The contact center is not a difficult job it's just a high level of stress when dealing with the number of angry and upset clients. We are the front line contact point for most customers and when you can't see them and can only talk to them, they are more apt to let go with their anger because we are on the other end of the phone, not a "real" person. Keeping your composure and smiling helps the day go smoothly.
Pros
great benefits and good pay
Cons
having to clock in and out to go to the bathroom. the constant repetitive questions and answers.
Great place!
Events and Brand Marketing Intern (Current Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 5, 2015
I enjoy the work place immensity. It is full of kind and very friendly staff who are willing to take the time to answer questions and help in any way possible.
new company
Claims Generalist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 30, 2015
This was a typical customer service job and was very new to the area when I worked here. I was introduced to insurance and different plans here alone with filing claims. I enjoyed this work.
Overall is a great company who is stongly rooted with its customer base.
Production Generalist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 1, 2012
Great place to spend 5 yrs of your life. Anything longer than that is spinning wheels as majority of long term career positions are still located at the corporate office in Madison, WI.
Pros
benefits are excellent.
Cons
no comment