CUNA Mutual Group Employee Reviews

Good pay, decent but declining benefits, upper management out of touch..
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 3, 2016
Good company overall but just went through major consolidation and elimination of positions despite repeated record growth and profits over the past several years. Constant "Do more with less" mentality of management has over stressed and worked professional staff, causing talented employees to leave regularly for other companies.

Co-workers are great overall, facilities are top notch with gyms and cafeterias with wide selection of offerings daily.

Upper management doesn't follow through on project commitments, chases latest corporate fads (Agile etc.) without providing proper training or resources, outsources part of the coding offshore, yet point fingers at the staff as the cause when projects are routinely behind schedule or fail outright.
Pros
Co-workers, facilities, pay and bonuses, still provides a pension.
Cons
Meeting overkill, typical office politics at manager level and above, Training budget slashed to basically non-existent levels.
Amazing company
Life Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Waverly, IAJanuary 5, 2017
I have never felt more appreciated at work. Great management. They want to give you opportunities. Amazing staff. Great benefits. Wish I didn't leave.
Flexible
Business Systems Consultant (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 18, 2016
They recognized good people and encouraged and provided opportunities. The management tries hard to solve issues and cares for the employees. Work-life balance is quite achievable.
A great company offering exceptional work/life balance
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 27, 2016
CUNA Mutual Group is consistently rated one of the best companies to work for in Madison for a reason. They tend to choose the right people to hire, and great people make for a great work environment. They truly offer exceptional work-life balance - an amazing company gym, underground parking, and ample benefits.
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Company Gym, Great Co-workers
Great compensation
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMarch 7, 2016
I loved working for CUNA Mutual until the top new management came in around 2005-2006 and made many changes that affected a lot of individuals. CUNA Mutual was very generous with bonuses/pay raises. My individual manager was excellent and I loved my work environment, which was a satellite office, away from the Madison location.
Overall good employer
Triathlon Coach (Current Employee) –  Middleton, WIOctober 24, 2016
The work is steady and you stay busy. Advancement opportunities are abased on your ability to know leaders outside your work area. If your role does not cross with other areas it will be difficult to advance.
Overall good place to work
Director of Accounting (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 14, 2016
Overall good place to work. I had several opportunities and promotions during my time at CUNA. Unfortunately, they have eliminated several positions lately including the position I held.
Great company, but going through expense cutting measures with lots of job losses
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 22, 2016
Overall great company, great people. The atmosphere in the office is outstanding. There is an onsite cafeteria, starbucks, etc. Campus is well kept and enjoyable to be on. Office is kept current.
Pros
the people
Cons
expense cutting
It’s a good company I learned a lot from that client
Sr. TIBCO Developer (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 4, 2016
It’s a good company I learned a lot from that client I learned many thing from project manager I thought of continuing with this company we are unable to do .
Amazing place to work
IT Application Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 14, 2016
I very much enjoyed my time developing software with the CUNA Mutual digital team. As an intern, I didn't know what to expect, but they quickly and efficiently integrated me into the team and had me working on full parts of their site in no time!
Great Place to work
Data Entry Operator, CPI (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILAugust 13, 2016
CUNA Mutal was a great place to work. We tracked loans for credit unions to make sure the borrowers kept coverage on the homes or vehicles they had loans out for through the credit union.
The co-workers all worked within the department to help each other get the job done daily.
I would probably still be working there had they not closed the office.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Office Closed
Currently Changing, but Good Overall
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 28, 2016
Great people work at CUNA Mutual. Some issues with agility and accountability. Lots of workforce changes in the last year, but these things go in cycles.
• Identify and resolve software issues on the Real Time infrastructure and data delivery networks. • Interact with system engineers, application suppo
Linux System administrator (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 22, 2016
technicians. Isolate and fix problems in malfunctioning equipment or software
• Involved in Production support for the Thomson Data Network systems
• Involved Coordinating and installing the production and staging upgrades as per the schedule
Work Summary
Consumer Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Madison, WI 53701January 14, 2017
CUNA Mutual has been a good place to work after I graduated from college. I have learned quite a bit during my time there and they have treated me very well.
Company is a investment vendor for the Virginia Credit Union
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 16, 2016
Not a bad company to work for. The position is dependent on referrals from VACU tellers and loan officers. No self promotion is allowed without VACU permission.
Room for advancement
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 22, 2016
It was call center work. took a lot of calls from credit union members across the country concerning life insurance. The company pays for you to become license in all fifty states.
Great Place to Work, Learned a Ton
Sr. Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 2, 2015
CUNA Mutual is a very large company with a strong culture for rewarding results. I've had many opportunities for growth both within and outside my position. My department really does believe in training, and I've had many, many training opportunities. I've learned a lot about financial services, and overall the people are very motivated and collaborative. I've enjoyed my time there and recommend it to anyone seeking to experience the "big, corporate" experience.
Pros
Pay, Benefits
mix and tint paint also worked on matches
Desktop Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Waverly, IAAugust 12, 2016
at this job i mixed paint for customers, worked the front desk and rang people up, i also worked on paint and stain matches which was actually really fun.
Pros
fun job
Cons
pay
We work hard but have fun as well.
Implementation & Servicing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMarch 14, 2016
Great place to work with flexible hours. I met a lot of great people and formed great relationships with many during my career at CUNA Mutual.
Working at CUNA Mutual Group
Collateral Products Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 24, 2014
My typical day could involve assisting in sales, installation of the product with our clients, training our client's staff, maintaining a continued successful relationship. Resolving problems as needed, manage staff who were assigned to our clients, retrain client staff.

Learned various data processing systems, insurance products and concepts. Learned to listen and work with people, most enjoyable part of my job was working with our clients in building a lasting relationship.

The most difficult part of my job was the demanding hours of work which was usually over 40 hours per week.

My co workers and my supervisor were wonderful to work with.
Pros
benefits, computer technology
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CUNA Mutual Group. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2