CUNA Mutual Group Employee Reviews

Good Company
Insurance Agent, Consumer Sales (Current Employee) –  Waverly, IAOctober 18, 2017
Overall good company to work for, but sales goals are somewhat driven for the wrong reasons. Great team environment, advancement is hard. If I lived closer I would continue to work there,
Cuna
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 10, 2017
A great company to work for, Trustage has some really good products. I don't work for then directly, I work for them through Dialog
Direct, and Dialog Direct is a very unpleasant place to work.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Good
Senior Data Scientist (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 6, 2017
It has been a good experience. The company has relaxed environment with excellent management. They always strive to look for new opportunities to build and scale the company.
Worked with all age groups and enjoyed it very much.
Level 2 Loan Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 2, 2017
Learned how to read a credit report. Dealing with upset customers was very hard. Mixing with different age groups helped me understand and enjoy the younger generation.
Pros
Working will all age groups.
Cons
The hours. Worked 4:45 to 1:00.
great
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 5, 2017
great gig. flexible . people at CUNA Brokerage great. Corporate culture out of Madison, WI was among best companies I have worked for, compared to big firms on east coast
No job security or trust in management
IT Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 18, 2017
Company had a great deal of reorgs. When one manager was laid off another picked up his/her team. Senior leadership did not mentor or coach lower managers even when asked for guidance or ideas.

New ideas and common sense technology changes were not accepted as senior leaders did not want to rock the boat.

No job security
Pros
Great direct reports and SME's. Pay was good
Cons
Leadership had their own agenda and were not good at mentoring
Watch out for Corporate Restructures
N/A (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 16, 2017
I was recruited into the company and left a very successful career. After 2 months on the job, we had a company meeting to announce a corporate restructure. I was laid off after 6 months in my position.
Productive Environment
Premium Services Analyst (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 9, 2017
Through CUNA Mutual I was able to work with many different departments to assist in standardizing procedures and reducing rework for employees. Management reviewed and worked well with their employees to improve productivity and the work environment.
Great Place to Work
Actuarial Intern (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 7, 2017
The CEO is very interested in building employees and sustaining their future. Very good working environment and I also loved the culture of the company.

In general it's a good place to work
Excellent place to work
Employee (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 1, 2017
Challenging, rewarding and continually growing. A great place to work. D&I focused with a strong track record in the industry. A company that takes the time to invest in their employees.
awesome company to work
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 30, 2017
 Worked on AP module (PS application – 8.8 and Tools – 8.44)
 Performed activities like requirement gathering, technical analysis, development
 Created Field Mapping Document for PeopleSoft and Lawson System
 Created Conversion Program and worked on functional part of AP
 Created Application Engine program to load all Vouchers in PeopleSoft System from Lawson System
 Created HLD, FSD, TSD, Test Case, Review and User Understanding documents for AP and GL
 Involved in Designing, Coding, Testing, Implementation and Maintenance phases during project
Corporate atmosphere
Finance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 26, 2017
Decent place to work. Benefits are okay and people are friendly. There is definitely a corporate atmosphere in relation to the tiered management and how employees interact with each other according to the tiers. I've always had flexible managers so I cannot complain.
Pros
Cafeteria, individual development plans are important
Cons
Overwhelming at times
Very Promising Company
Account Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Puerto RicoJune 24, 2017
Great Company. Very employee oriented. Always providing courses and encouragement for employees academic growth. Customer oriented and always improving customer service products. Proactive and always prepared viewing ahead posible adversities. As an elecuent and metaforic example: "During crisis when other companies had cancer or amonia...CUNA just got a slight cold." It is one of the best administered insurance company ever.
Pros
Academic growth oportunities
Helping people help others
Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 14, 2017
During my Internship with CUNA Mutual, I learned a great deal about banking, accounting, insurance, risk, and leadership. CUNA Mutual takes great pride in all their employees whether they are interns, part-time employees, or full time employees. CUNA Mutual always took pride in teaching their employees all necessary skills for their jobs and investing in their employees future!
Good company overall
Lending Protection Manager (Current Employee) –  RemoteJune 2, 2017
CMG is overall a great company to work for with many opportunities to grow your career. Management is supportive while some senior managers are on the completely opposite of that spectrum. Work life balance can be extremely difficult to maintain at times with unreasonable pressures placed on your shoulders. However, given the right opportunity with the right leader and team it can be a rewarding experience.
Pros
Autonomy to manage territory, Team synergy, grow relationships and travel
Cons
Senior leadership can be unsupportive, job stability is questionable in some areas and leadership develop plan is lacking
A job
Service Administrator II, Sep (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 16, 2017
I worked in the Fort Worth Office and I this was arguably the best office to work for. The past 2 managers that I had were wonderful, but every other one before were very insecure and shut down ideas or others opinions. The company is top heavy as can be and will let go the actual workers to provide the great service and products our customers want and then complain about the drop off of productivity when new employees have to be trained.
E-Learning contractor
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 16, 2017
I worked on a temporary project designing and voicing e-learning products. The culture was relaxed but demanding. The project itself was a little understaffed and short on timeline, but not the worst I'd experienced in a corporate environment.
Productive workplace
Product Administration Generalist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 3, 2017
Overall great company, great people. The atmosphere in the office is outstanding. There is an onsite cafeteria, Starbucks, etc. The campus is well kept and enjoyable to be on. The office is kept current
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
The people
Productive and Fun Place
Life Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Waverly, IAApril 19, 2017
Great place to work. The people there are fun to work with. The benefits are very good. There is a really nice cafeteria. They offer really good healthcare for your family.
Pros
Healthcare, Exercise Room
Ugly culture. Conceited leadership. Dwindling benefits.
Senior Leader (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 18, 2017
In a sad turn of recent events, this once premier company is deteriorating in culture, ethics, and leadership. It was once a great company to work for. Lately it is profit hungry and treat employees as commodity items to be used at their expense. They've lost the art of people leadership.
Pros
Cafeteria. Benefits.
Cons
Culture of competition, greed, and entitlement. Review process. Bonus incentives.