CUNA Mutual Group Employee Reviews in United States

• Identify and resolve software issues on the Real Time infrastructure and data delivery networks. • Interact with system engineers, application suppo
Linux System administrator (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 22, 2016
technicians. Isolate and fix problems in malfunctioning equipment or software
• Involved in Production support for the Thomson Data Network systems
• Involved Coordinating and installing the production and staging upgrades as per the schedule
Great Place to work
Data Entry Operator, CPI (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILAugust 13, 2016
CUNA Mutal was a great place to work. We tracked loans for credit unions to make sure the borrowers kept coverage on the homes or vehicles they had loans out for through the credit union.
The co-workers all worked within the department to help each other get the job done daily.
I would probably still be working there had they not closed the office.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Office Closed
A great company offering exceptional work/life balance
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 27, 2016
CUNA Mutual Group is consistently rated one of the best companies to work for in Madison for a reason. They tend to choose the right people to hire, and great people make for a great work environment. They truly offer exceptional work-life balance - an amazing company gym, underground parking, and ample benefits.
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Company Gym, Great Co-workers
Great compensation
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMarch 7, 2016
I loved working for CUNA Mutual until the top new management came in around 2005-2006 and made many changes that affected a lot of individuals. CUNA Mutual was very generous with bonuses/pay raises. My individual manager was excellent and I loved my work environment, which was a satellite office, away from the Madison location.
Overall good place to work
Director of Accounting (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 14, 2016
Overall good place to work. I had several opportunities and promotions during my time at CUNA. Unfortunately, they have eliminated several positions lately including the position I held.
mix and tint paint also worked on matches
Desktop Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Waverly, IAAugust 12, 2016
at this job i mixed paint for customers, worked the front desk and rang people up, i also worked on paint and stain matches which was actually really fun.
Pros
fun job
Cons
pay
Company is a investment vendor for the Virginia Credit Union
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 16, 2016
Not a bad company to work for. The position is dependent on referrals from VACU tellers and loan officers. No self promotion is allowed without VACU permission.
Ok, place to work.
Sales (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 17, 2016
I enjoyed the people I worked with, but the company is changing all the time. Most of the supervisors that were over me wasn't very effective when it came to organization. So, most of the time the managers were busy trying to hide their insecurities, instead of actually paying attention to details.
We work hard but have fun as well.
Implementation & Servicing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMarch 14, 2016
Great place to work with flexible hours. I met a lot of great people and formed great relationships with many during my career at CUNA Mutual.
Excellent Company
Long Term Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waverly, IADecember 29, 2015
Best company I every worked for. Wonderful manager and excellent training. Best products in the industry. Had the freedom to set my own schedule and support of manager and staff.
Pros
Free leads based on production
Cons
They no longer offer Long Term Care Insurance

Want to know more about CUNA Mutual Group?

Ask a question
• Installation, setup and configuration of RHEL, CentOS products in different hardware in a datacenter environment.
Linux System administrator (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 20, 2015
• Manage, Install patches and other software packages using YUM and RPM.
• User Administration on Linux like managing and auditing user account and implementation of system security policies, User ID/Group ID management, password policies, password aging
CUNA does important work and protects members that otherwise would not be protected.
Production Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Madison WIAugust 26, 2015
Manage direct marketing test and rollout kits, from data development to distribution
~ Work with various in-house data management software; identify issues and opportunities
~ Write detailed specifications, working closely with legal staff to ensure regulatory compliance
~ Collaborate with in-house teams and vendors to ensure campaign objectives are met; solve problems
~ Accountable for accurate materials; research and implement ideas to enhance results
Great Place to Work, Learned a Ton
Sr. Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 2, 2015
CUNA Mutual is a very large company with a strong culture for rewarding results. I've had many opportunities for growth both within and outside my position. My department really does believe in training, and I've had many, many training opportunities. I've learned a lot about financial services, and overall the people are very motivated and collaborative. I've enjoyed my time there and recommend it to anyone seeking to experience the "big, corporate" experience.
Pros
Pay, Benefits
new company
Claims Generalist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 30, 2015
This was a typical customer service job and was very new to the area when I worked here. I was introduced to insurance and different plans here alone with filing claims. I enjoyed this work.
Great place!
Events and Brand Marketing Intern (Current Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 5, 2015
I enjoy the work place immensity. It is full of kind and very friendly staff who are willing to take the time to answer questions and help in any way possible.
Great Place to work!
Qualified Plan Specialist (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 27, 2015
Great place to work for in the Madison location. Underground parking and friendly staff. Beautiful campus and nice dining area.
Ok
Implementation Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 27, 2015
I have had mixed experienced at CMG. This has primarily been a result of inconsistent managers. Work life balance was satisfactory
Excellent
Policy Servicing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 25, 2015
Traning is great, team concept. Excellent benefits and incentives. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you are allowed to work with little or no supervision as long as preformed up a high standard.
Pros
Incentives and bonuses.
Cons
N/A
Insurance Products
Insurance Products Representative (Former Employee) –  albuquerque NMMay 31, 2015
Assisted the CU members and employees with insurance products, I was the only employee there but saw CU employees as my co workers. My supervisor was in a different state was has weekly telephone meetings
Pros
Cons
getting laid off
Working with small credit unions gave advantages
Investment Adviser (Former Employee) –  Waverly, IAMarch 9, 2015
The small credit unions have a close relationship with their customer base, so referrals from them were very strong. Working out of the Credit Union League gave addition credence to my presence because the credit unions were closely tied to the credit union league.
Pros
assosiation with top notch people.
Cons
balancing support among multiple locations

4.2