CUNA Mutual Group

CUNA Mutual Group United States Employee Reviews

CUNA Mutual Group was a fair company to work for
Field Service Specialist (Former Employee), Madison, WIApril 3, 2015
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: lots of travel
The company was undergoing a transition when I left. I believe the new leadership will take them in a better direction. They have streamlined themselves back into their core business of insurance.
Working with small credit unions gave advantages
Investment Adviser (Former Employee), Waverly, IAMarch 9, 2015
Pros: assosiation with top notch people.
Cons: balancing support among multiple locations
The small credit unions have a close relationship with their customer base, so referrals from them were very strong. Working out of the Credit Union League gave addition credence to my presence because the credit unions were closely tied to the credit union league.
An employer where I'm valued
Business Analysis Consultant (Current Employee), Madison, WIFebruary 23, 2015
The only reason I'm leaving CUNA Mutual is to relocate out of state to be closer to family. Able to work from home when necessary, believed in me and my work.
Easy place to work.
Inbound Customer Service/Outbound Mortgage Sales (Former Employee), Ft. Worth, TXFebruary 2, 2015
Very slow call volume and late night schedules. Was sent home several times due to slow call volume. Learned how to refer home loans and take applications for all types of loans.
Horrible Claims Management
Unit Manager (Former Employee), Fort WOrth TexasJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: nice facility
Cons: terrible leadership
Claims Director was self serving and not interested in a positive work environment. She was only interested in advancing those in her "click".
Horrible person that turned a good place to work bad!
Great Intern Company
Website Marketing Intern (Current Employee), Madison, WIJanuary 10, 2015
I found that CUNA Mutual Group truly displayed a great culture for its interns. Everyone I met within the company was supportive and willing to help me in any way possible. I found that I learned many necessary skills for the business world while my time interning at CUNA Mutual Group.
Overwhelmingly challenging
Customer Support Specialist II (Compliance) (Current Employee), Madison, WIDecember 25, 2014
Pros: dedicated colleagues
Cons: high volume of workload, constantly interrupted while doing complex tasks.
I respond to cold calls regarding the LOANLINER document product, and the associated compliance (consumer protection laws).

There is high management turnover in our area (over 16 managers in the last 16 years). The current managers are very nice people, but they do not understand the complexity of the LOANLINER document product and associated compliance (consumer protection laws).

My co-workers are smart and dedicated.

The biggest challenge is to be constantly available for support while delivering on the production/research promises made.

The most enjoyable part of my current is to help others understand complex consumer protection law
Ok company to work for
Senior Billing Services Specialist II (Former Employee), Fort WorthDecember 16, 2014
Benefits are good. Bright building, location is nice. In the center of the DFW area.
Wonderful place to work
Project Manager (Former Employee), Madison, WINovember 15, 2014
Great, dedicated, engaged people. They walk the talk about work life balance and their dedication to their employees.
Family oriented with sharp individuals
Corporate Finance Project Manager (Former Employee), Madison, WINovember 6, 2014
Pros: good warm work environment
Strong family orientation with solid individuals with a "can do" attitude. Willing to smartly embrace technology to improve the company.
I loved this Place
Senior Sales Associate  (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXNovember 3, 2014
I loved this environment it was all goo until they had lay-offs, i would happily work for this establishment again if the opportunity presents it's self.
Support the Credit Union Movement
Director (Current Employee), Ft. Worth, TXSeptember 30, 2014
This is a company that focuses on supporting the financial needs of the Credit Union space.
Awesome culture and driven management.
Anonymous (Current Employee), Madison, WISeptember 10, 2014
The culture here is positive, collaborative, and surprisingly laid-back for a corporate office. Excellent place to work! The new leadership will take the company far.
Great Company with advancement opportunities
Service Center Manager (Former Employee), Madison, WISeptember 3, 2014
Pros: advancement and bonus programs
Manage and review staff, call credit union clients to keep in touch, traveling to train credit union staff and our remote staff. Work with credit union and train their staff to transition to new tracking systems

The management is wonderful to work with and very supportive, with annual and continuous training in management and human resources as well as how to resolve issues with staff or our clients

I really enjoyed the supportive nature of the company and how we all worked together as a team supporting our clients the credit union and our co-workers.
CUNA was fine
Workforce Analyst II (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXAugust 18, 2014
CUNA was fine. Atmosphere was great and the people were great to be around. The company has no complaints from me
CUNA Mutual Group was a fun place to work. The connection beteen the company, our credit union partners and their members was extremely powerful.
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee), Madison, WIAugust 11, 2014
Pros: helping sales agents to achieve new levels of success.
Cons: road and plane travel was challenging but necessary.
My role as North East Regional Sales Manager required extensive travel to the tune of 2 to 3 days per week. The time was well worth it because I was able to spend valuable face time with both sales reps as well as credit union members. My overall function went beyond the scope of field training and included recruiting, motivation, product and structured sales training...and more.

I found the management team to be extremely professional, straight forward and most of all honest and this drove a culture of caring and integrity throughout the entire organization.

The most enjoyable part of the job was engaging with my sales team in one on one coaching sessions an on our Friday sales conference calls.

The hardest part of the job was having to keep the team motivated during a time when the organization made a decision to close out the product line.

As a regional sales manager I found it easy to engage with my peers and to collaborate fully in an effort to meet and exceed sales objectives.
Net Developer (Current Employee), Madison, WIAugust 11, 2014
Its good to work here. A good team . Co-workers were very helpful.

Overall good work environment.

I learn team player qualities as well as new technologies.

I worked on c#.net,MVC,web api,javascript,jquery,etc.
Working at CUNA Mutual Group
Collateral Products Manager (Former Employee), Madison, WIJuly 24, 2014
Pros: benefits, computer technology
Cons: long hours
My typical day could involve assisting in sales, installation of the product with our clients, training our client's staff, maintaining a continued successful relationship. Resolving problems as needed, manage staff who were assigned to our clients, retrain client staff.

Learned various data processing systems, insurance products and concepts. Learned to listen and work with people, most enjoyable part of my job was working with our clients in building a lasting relationship.

The most difficult part of my job was the demanding hours of work which was usually over 40 hours per week.

My co workers and my supervisor were wonderful to work with.
great environment and good overall job and company
Contact Center Representative (Current Employee), Waverly, IAJune 18, 2014
love my co-workers and the company. typical day is on the phone taking inbound calls using the computer and a multitude of systems and multi tasking.
Very solid company
SVP & Chief Human Resources Officer (Former Employee), Madison, WIApril 19, 2014
Pros: people, culture, management
Cons: madison is cold!
Great place to work. Strong leadership team. Employees were focused on the Credit Union market.

1 2 3