CUNA Mutual Group

CUNA Mutual Group Employer Reviews

great environment and good overall job and company
Contact Center Representative (Current Employee), Waverly, IAJune 18, 2014
love my co-workers and the company. typical day is on the phone taking inbound calls using the computer and a multitude of systems and multi tasking.
Very solid company
SVP & Chief Human Resources Officer (Former Employee), Madison, WIApril 19, 2014
Pros: people, culture, management
Cons: madison is cold!
Great place to work. Strong leadership team. Employees were focused on the Credit Union market.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 16, 2014
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of th
Ethical company with a heart
Licensed Insurance Representative (Current Employee), Waverly, IAApril 15, 2014
Pros: hard work is rewarded
Cons: schedules are micromanaged
Management in this company is engaging and supportive of personal development. The company itself is upstanding and makes you feel proud to work there.
aging workforce
Project Manager / Implementation Coordinator (Former Employee), Madison, WIApril 14, 2014
aging workforce, difficult to communicate with upper management
Fast Paced, Rewarding Sales Opportunities
Retirement & Investment Representative (Former Employee), Madison, WIMarch 15, 2014
Pros: wholesale meetings with dinner & cocktails quarterly, amazing benefits
Cons: n/a
Financial Planning conversations with the credit union employees and their members across the country. Offering tailored financial planning services to meet clients individual needs and goals.

I learned that the financial services industry is always changing and growing, so you must keep yourself current with market news and participate in on-going – more... educational workshops to stay in compliant with regulatory requirements and laws.

Hardest part of the job was developing rapport with clients via telephone since we worked remotely as financial advisors. But once the rapport was developed, the client relationships were stronger than any other position I have had in Financial Services.

Most rewarding is that we were able to change the financial lives of many people all over the country and offer guidance for financial wellness. – less
Enjoyable Place to work
Property & Liability Adjuster (Former Employee), Madison, WIMarch 12, 2014
Pros: great company and people working there.
Cons: re-organization made it scary to not know if department would be moved to another state.
This was a very special job and had to get additional training to do it which was a benefit that helped not only myself but also the company.
IT was good
Student Consultant (Former Employee), Madison, WIFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: nice environment
Cons: long hours
I was a student doing a project for CUNA Mutual Group. It was a good work environment, very proactive and very effective.
Change, change change
Learning Consultant II (Former Employee), Madison, WIFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: team members were great to work with
Cons: change which led to reorganization
In my time there I had 5 different managers. Change is the norm.
Fast paced, quick to market development
Programmer Analyst Specialist (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: generally good assignments.
Cons: on-call, priority setting when changes or new work comes in.
Developers design and develop which is great. We also are responsible for unit and integration testing. Could use a QA group after that which they did not have while I was there. On-call (mainframe night) was a real drag on your week. You were often up many time throughout the night and you are still expected to keep up with your assigned tasks for – more... that week. Many hours. – less
CUNA Mutual Group
Sr. Billing Services Generalist (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXJanuary 7, 2014
I work with really good and knowledgeable people. Management can be poor at times but overall, I have enjoyed working here.
Exceptional employment opportunity.
Service Administrator (Former Employee), Waverly, IAJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: many great paying positions.
Cons: has grown so large we are no longer a close employee family
This job was the most impressive when I started there. As times changed there was many challenges. I survived 20 plus years and worked very hard to make the transition of my job to others outside the area as smooth as possible. The company has grown and changed drastically.
Productive and fun workplace
Underwriting Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXNovember 25, 2013
Pros: productive and fun workplace
Productive and fun workplace. You get immediate benefits upon being hired. Very family oriented.
Productive company however no room for growth opportunities
Sr. Financial Billing Team Lead II (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXSeptember 17, 2013
Get to work at 7:30am begin morning meetings. Begin reconciliation of all my daily tasks for my billing department. Review call agent quality assurance calls. Assit Management when needed.
Great opportunity to learn new skills
Commercial Underwriting Specialist II (Former Employee), Irving, TXSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: opportunity to learn new position
Cons: redirecting calls to the proper departments due to lack of phone receptionist
Opportunity to become commercial property & casualty underwriter
Productive and fun workplace
Accounts Payable (Current Employee), Madison, WisconsinAugust 6, 2013
Pros: healthcare, 401k
Typical day at CUNA, I started by running all the reports I need to do for the balancing of the vouchers, balancing checks, and WebEFT balancing in the morning. I release the checks once balanced and OFAC is done. I run the outstanding voucher report and contact people about the vouchers. Working on inputting invoices in the system all day. I also help – more... the WebEFT team by entering in or changing products within the WebEFT system. I help out on the phone calls all day. I balance the afternoon check run and release checks and I also balance WebEFT and release the file to the bank. When I first started with CUNA I was on the vendor side setting up new vendors, or making changes to current ones. Plus I worked on getting the 1099 ready and printed. I'm currently temping at CUNA and looking for a full time job. – less
Great place to work. \
Account Service Representative (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJune 15, 2013
Pros: treated workers very well and tried to make it fun
Cons: breaks to short for a call center
enjoyed contact with clients and co workers were great. systems used there were very user friendly. great training.
Support Credit Unions throughout the country with many products/services.
Marketing Coordinator Supervisor (Former Employee), Waverly, IAJune 14, 2013
Pros: great company to work for.
Cons: changes to upper management.
I loved working for this company, many wonderful and highly skilled people. Had the customer at the heart of everything they did, treated the employees with respect. Helped the employees to grow and be successful in their career.
Typical Day
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Madison, WIApril 16, 2013
Pros: incentives
Cons: barely any breaks throughout day. no advancement within
Every single day in this position is very similar. Talk to individuals throughout the country and have an impact on their lives. Advancement in company seems very prominent but NOT with this position. Most enjoyable part of job is vacations and work/life balance. Every quarter it gets harder and harder to make more money.
Good work atmosphere with fun and process.
Software Developer - VB.Net, SSRS (Current Employee), Madison, WIMarch 18, 2013
Pros: tea, coffe and occasional lunches.
Cons: healthcare is provided and we have reasonable breaks
It was a great experience to work with CUNA. I was associated with the best IT Professionals and learned a lot from my co- workers.
Even the hardest part of my job turned easy with the help my immediate managers and co- workers.