CUNA Mutual Group

CUNA Mutual Group Employer Reviews

Nice People, Great place to work
Independent Advisor Manager (Former Employee), Madison, WIFebruary 22, 2013
Would reccomend to anyone. Benefits and pay are excellent.
Productive and inviting place to work
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Madison, WIFebruary 12, 2013
I would like to work for a company like Quna again. They are professional and take care of their employees.
The best place to work, Women's softball team, aerobics classes and total company parties.
Underwriting/Policy Servicing Clerk (Former Employee), Pomona, CANovember 11, 2012
Pros: compensation, bonuses, paid vacation, softball and friends.
Cons: can't think of any at this time.
This was my favorite job and at 19 was an opportunity of a lifetime. Learned all facets of life insurance from underwriting, policy servicing to claims. Given opportunity for advancement, schooling, promotions, paid vacation and working with all your friends straight out of high school was unbelievable. Learning how the business worked and assisting – more... all the agents in the field from Hawaii to Colorado was an experience. – less
A great place to work
Product Administration Generalist (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXNovember 4, 2012
The company is no longer there.

It was a great place to work.

Friendly and helpful management and staff.
People are great here
Consultant IT Temp (Current Employee), Madison, WISeptember 6, 2012
Pros: close to the west towne mall and eating establishments. very flixible with hours.
Made me feel welcome on the first day. At this particular job I often struggled to keep myself busy. I was contracted to assist with the programs and processes of testing Office 2010 Documents, but not many people came down to test. Decent pay, and would have been willing to stay with the company had a full time position been opened.
Heavy workload, high stress environment
Underwriting Specialist II (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXAugust 23, 2012
Pros: close to my home, many good people
Cons: management by intimidation
The company uses Six Sigma management tools which are not appropriate for the type of work being done. Many of the goals are not obtainable, and managers can subjectively downgrade performance regardless if the metrics are met. Quality Assurance sampling is insufficient and produces false ratios. No advancement possibilities, and transfers to other – more... jobs within the company are very difficult to do. – less
Contact Center is high level stress at times, the people there are wonderful to work with.
Contact Center Representative I (Current Employee), Waverly, IAAugust 8, 2012
Pros: great benefits and good pay
Cons: having to clock in and out to go to the bathroom. the constant repetitive questions and answers.
My co-workers are wonderful. The company is a great company as a whole. The contact center is not a difficult job it's just a high level of stress when dealing with the number of angry and upset clients. We are the front line contact point for most customers and when you can't see them and can only talk to them, they are more apt to let go with their – more... anger because we are on the other end of the phone, not a "real" person. Keeping your composure and smiling helps the day go smoothly. – less
Great Team Management!
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee), Waverly, IAAugust 6, 2012
Pros: awesome employee comraderie!
Cons: distance to work and home was longer than expected.
Teams were encouraged to work cohesively with each department, through team building programs.

Management was very helpful in building good working relations among the different departments.

Co-workers were very helpful in situations that required added input or information.

The hardest part of the position was not being able to stay at this location.

The – more... most enjoyable part of the job were the added benefits afforded the employees (Massage on location) and monthly goody days! – less
A difficult enviroment with power struggles amongst managers.
LPM (Former Employee), Madison, WIAugust 2, 2012
Pros: solid benefit package.
Cons: lack of clear expecations and appreciation by leaders
A day included enjoyable interaction with clients that built my relationship skills and improved my product application knowledge.
Management was promoted without considering leadership skills; this resulted in a revolving door in supervisors.
Excellent support within peer groups
The hardest part of the job was understanding expectations; this points – more... to untrained leaders.
The most enjoyable aspect was learning from numerous staff, peers and clients. – less
Okay place to work
Claim Adjuster/Subrogation Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXJuly 31, 2012
Pros: leave work at home, not too stressful
Cons: limited growth
Okay place to have a stable job. Strong company recently; was not severely hurt during recession. Limited growth in Fort Worth. Lot of opportunity in Madison.
Enjoyed my job!
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Amon Carter, DFWJuly 31, 2012
Pros: occasional had free lunches.
Cons: only two 10 minute breaks for a 6 hour position, is hardly enough in a large building, when the restrooms are in one direction, and the lunch room is the opposite, especially for a slightly handicapped employee.
Learned a great deal and really enjoyed my job and my first manager, she was the best!

Then they let her go and things began to go downhill from there. The rest of the managers were horrible and cared NOTHING about their employees. Treated us like children by giving incentives of "candy", trinkets, and little free-bees they could scrounge up and then – more... push, push, push to make THEM look good!

Co-workers mostly were good but the pay scale wasn't up to the same level as the corporate office in another state for the same job.

Hours were part time and good. Enjoyed helping the poor people having problems try to get them solved for them and a check in the mail. – less
I loved this job and the audiences I worked for. My goal always was to communicate quickly and effectively.
Multi Media Coordinator (Former Employee), Madison, WIJuly 30, 2012
Pros: helping cumtomers communicate their message and or a learning experience.
Cons: long hours.
This position used many skills. Such as design skills, customer service skills, educational skills, marketing skills, product and office coordination skills, continuing computer skills, budget and bookkeeping skills. I was an effective employee because of understanding the corporation mission statement and financial goals.
productive, good benefits, friendly staff, motivation based on these factors
Administrative Manager (Former Employee), Southfield, MIMay 3, 2012
Pros: free lunches, use of company car while a service specialist, good working group of staff
Cons: some personality concerns between boss and staff.
Answering phones, correspondence, helping sales reps; shorthand, keyboarding, managing staff and assignments; learned to become efficient and one step ahead of the workload, enjoyed co-workers & helped them as requested and needed; hardest part of the job was, at times, trying to juggle the workload and keep everyone happy by accommodating their needs – more... as efficiently and accurately as possible. – less
Overall is a great company who is stongly rooted with its customer base.
Production Generalist (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 1, 2012
Pros: benefits are excellent.
Cons: no comment
Great place to spend 5 yrs of your life. Anything longer than that is spinning wheels as majority of long term career positions are still located at the corporate office in Madison, WI.
A nice company
Contact Center Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Worth TXMarch 27, 2012
The was a nice company to work for. I really enjoyed the work schedule because it was Monday thru Friday. I learned alot about credit unions and how to build my credit score. Also gained knowledge on getting different insurance packages when getting any types of loans. There was not much room for advancement at the company financially.
Good Experience
Project Leader (Former Employee), Madison, WISeptember 13, 2013
I had a good experience and it helped me to grow in my carrier.