CUNA Mutual Group Employee Reviews in United States

CUNA Mutual Group was a fun place to work. The connection beteen the company, our credit union partners and their members was extremely powerful.
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 11, 2014
My role as North East Regional Sales Manager required extensive travel to the tune of 2 to 3 days per week. The time was well worth it because I was able to spend valuable face time with both sales reps as well as credit union members. My overall function went beyond the scope of field training and included recruiting, motivation, product and structured sales training...and more.

I found the management team to be extremely professional, straight forward and most of all honest and this drove a culture of caring and integrity throughout the entire organization.

The most enjoyable part of the job was engaging with my sales team in one on one coaching sessions an on our Friday sales conference calls.

The hardest part of the job was having to keep the team motivated during a time when the organization made a decision to close out the product line.

As a regional sales manager I found it easy to engage with my peers and to collaborate fully in an effort to meet and exceed sales objectives.
Pros
helping sales agents to achieve new levels of success.
Cons
road and plane travel was challenging but necessary.
Typical Day
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 16, 2013
Every single day in this position is very similar. Talk to individuals throughout the country and have an impact on their lives. Advancement in company seems very prominent but NOT with this position. Most enjoyable part of job is vacations and work/life balance. Every quarter it gets harder and harder to make more money.
Pros
incentives
Cons
barely any breaks throughout day. no advancement within
Support Credit Unions throughout the country with many products/services.
Marketing Coordinator Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Waverly, IAJune 14, 2013
I loved working for this company, many wonderful and highly skilled people. Had the customer at the heart of everything they did, treated the employees with respect. Helped the employees to grow and be successful in their career.
Pros
great company to work for.
Cons
changes to upper management.
Great Intern Company
Website Marketing Intern (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 10, 2015
I found that CUNA Mutual Group truly displayed a great culture for its interns. Everyone I met within the company was supportive and willing to help me in any way possible. I found that I learned many necessary skills for the business world while my time interning at CUNA Mutual Group.
Productive and fun workplace
Accounts Payable (Current Employee) –  Madison, WisconsinAugust 6, 2013
Typical day at CUNA, I started by running all the reports I need to do for the balancing of the vouchers, balancing checks, and WebEFT balancing in the morning. I release the checks once balanced and OFAC is done. I run the outstanding voucher report and contact people about the vouchers. Working on inputting invoices in the system all day. I also help the WebEFT team by entering in or changing products within the WebEFT system. I help out on the phone calls all day. I balance the afternoon check run and release checks and I also balance WebEFT and release the file to the bank. When I first started with CUNA I was on the vendor side setting up new vendors, or making changes to current ones. Plus I worked on getting the 1099 ready and printed. I'm currently temping at CUNA and looking for a full time job.
Pros
healthcare, 401k
Overall is a great company who is stongly rooted with its customer base.
Production Generalist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 1, 2012
Great place to spend 5 yrs of your life. Anything longer than that is spinning wheels as majority of long term career positions are still located at the corporate office in Madison, WI.
Pros
benefits are excellent.
Cons
no comment
Fast Paced, Rewarding Sales Opportunities
Retirement & Investment Representative (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMarch 15, 2014
Financial Planning conversations with the credit union employees and their members across the country. Offering tailored financial planning services to meet clients individual needs and goals.

I learned that the financial services industry is always changing and growing, so you must keep yourself current with market news and participate in on-going educational workshops to stay in compliant with regulatory requirements and laws.

Hardest part of the job was developing rapport with clients via telephone since we worked remotely as financial advisors. But once the rapport was developed, the client relationships were stronger than any other position I have had in Financial Services.

Most rewarding is that we were able to change the financial lives of many people all over the country and offer guidance for financial wellness.
Pros
wholesale meetings with dinner & cocktails quarterly, amazing benefits
Cons
n/a
Contact Center is high level stress at times, the people there are wonderful to work with.
Contact Center Representative I (Current Employee) –  Waverly, IAAugust 8, 2012
My co-workers are wonderful. The company is a great company as a whole. The contact center is not a difficult job it's just a high level of stress when dealing with the number of angry and upset clients. We are the front line contact point for most customers and when you can't see them and can only talk to them, they are more apt to let go with their anger because we are on the other end of the phone, not a "real" person. Keeping your composure and smiling helps the day go smoothly.
Pros
great benefits and good pay
Cons
having to clock in and out to go to the bathroom. the constant repetitive questions and answers.
A difficult enviroment with power struggles amongst managers.
LPM (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 2, 2012
A day included enjoyable interaction with clients that built my relationship skills and improved my product application knowledge.
Management was promoted without considering leadership skills; this resulted in a revolving door in supervisors.
Excellent support within peer groups
The hardest part of the job was understanding expectations; this points to untrained leaders.
The most enjoyable aspect was learning from numerous staff, peers and clients.
Pros
solid benefit package.
Cons
lack of clear expecations and appreciation by leaders
Very solid company
SVP & Chief Human Resources Officer (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 19, 2014
Great place to work. Strong leadership team. Employees were focused on the Credit Union market.
Pros
people, culture, management
Cons
madison is cold!
Insurance Products
Insurance Products Representative (Former Employee) –  albuquerque NMMay 31, 2015
Assisted the CU members and employees with insurance products, I was the only employee there but saw CU employees as my co workers. My supervisor was in a different state was has weekly telephone meetings
Pros
Cons
getting laid off
I loved this job and the audiences I worked for. My goal always was to communicate quickly and effectively.
Multi Media Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 30, 2012
This position used many skills. Such as design skills, customer service skills, educational skills, marketing skills, product and office coordination skills, continuing computer skills, budget and bookkeeping skills. I was an effective employee because of understanding the corporation mission statement and financial goals.
Pros
helping cumtomers communicate their message and or a learning experience.
Cons
long hours.
Work day
Marketing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 27, 2015
I work on many projects and select circulation for two partner companies. We mail between 1 and 4 million pieces each month
Pros
underground parking
Cons
na
CUNA Mutual Group was a fair company to work for
Field Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 3, 2015
The company was undergoing a transition when I left. I believe the new leadership will take them in a better direction. They have streamlined themselves back into their core business of insurance.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
lots of travel
N/a
CLAIMS GENERALIST II (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 4, 2015
Working here was a great learning experience. Working here provided me knowledge to grow within the company. They also provide many resource and course to take to succeed within any job role.
Working with small credit unions gave advantages
Investment Adviser (Former Employee) –  Waverly, IAMarch 9, 2015
The small credit unions have a close relationship with their customer base, so referrals from them were very strong. Working out of the Credit Union League gave addition credence to my presence because the credit unions were closely tied to the credit union league.
Pros
assosiation with top notch people.
Cons
balancing support among multiple locations
Awesome culture and driven management.
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 10, 2014
The culture here is positive, collaborative, and surprisingly laid-back for a corporate office. Excellent place to work! The new leadership will take the company far.
Ok company to work for
Senior Billing Services Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Fort WorthDecember 16, 2014
Benefits are good. Bright building, location is nice. In the center of the DFW area.
Good work/life balance
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 22, 2015
Great leadership that balances employee resource with business needs very well. Viability drives the company's success, but a focus on integrity and transparency.
A nice company
Contact Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth TXMarch 27, 2012
The was a nice company to work for. I really enjoyed the work schedule because it was Monday thru Friday. I learned alot about credit unions and how to build my credit score. Also gained knowledge on getting different insurance packages when getting any types of loans. There was not much room for advancement at the company financially.