Cunningham Lindsey Employee Reviews in United States

Secretary for Insurance Adjustment
Administrative Secretary/Insurance Claims (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 2, 2016
Transcription of dictation. Great co-workers and management. International Company with 100s of employees. Had previously worked for this company before it was bought out, under the name of GAB Robins. Most enjoyable part of the job was ability to work with no supervision and complete a satisfactory amount of various types of work involving the computer.
Pros
Worked part-time. Hours were excellent for my situation.
Cons
The drive to and from work was over 25 miles one way.
Outdated Material -No Training Available for new staff.
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 29, 2016
Vale is a once upon a time Training Facility, I choose to become an Instructor , and was left with a lot of empty promises, no training , all staff that was there prior to joining Vale either quit , of left , while I was there the director of auto programs ( MY TRAINER) was retired or forced out due to vale closing Pa. location, and I was trained all of 3 weeks total , in was supposed to take 6-8 months.

Material for auto programs were last updated in 2006! , very old in styles of Instructor techniques and lack of current auto trends.

Vale has gone through four leadership changes in the last 5 years, no one wants to admit they have no idea which direction to take Vale, or at least make an attempt to bring the programs to "State of the Art.) classroom facility needs a fresh makeover Stale!.

Enrollments for future class are at best Bleak.
Pros
lots of relics.
Cons
don't park in back of building, your wheels may not be there when you return.
Loved working here
Department Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 3, 2016
got laid off after 24+ years of employment when company sold. Was very devistated as planned to retire from this company (gab before it sold)
No warning given.
Pros
Work environment was great, benefits great
Cons
Laid off with no warning when they kept employees with less time invested, or came in with the new company that bought them
New Experiences
Lead Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 1, 2016
Cunningham Lindsey works hard to stay up to date with new software and programs to keep accurate and efficient. In 4 years i have worked with a supervisor who pushed me to improve and build as a employee.
Infrstructure Architect at Cunningham Lindsey
Infrastructure Architect (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJuly 16, 2012
The network here is very complex. I have had the chance to design and mold it from a Windows NT 3.51/Novell 3.12 hybrid all the way to the cutting edge in 2012. I was also given the opportunity to design migration strategies for the acquisition of some very large companies. The staff is good to work with and everyone has been very dedicated. There isn't a clear sense of what is going on recently and the company is in flux. The corporate culture has changed drastically. It is difficult to design a global network like this without a business perspective. I have worked for this company for 10 years and it has been a very informative and amicable experience.
Pros
complex network and technology
Cons
corporate environment and management
Very good place to work. Managentment was very easy to work with.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 5, 2013
Work was extremely busy but fun. I learned organizational and leadership skills. Management pushed me to take on tasks that allowed me to grow for the better. I got along well with my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was coping with different personalities all at once but I learned fast. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the customers and adjusters.
Pros
nice work place
Cons
sometimes extremely long hours
Co-workers not receptive to managerial input. LAck of leadership
Heavy Equipment Services Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa FlDecember 21, 2012
Needs more training for employees authorizationl figures in management for final instructions. Needs far less VP's and more managers to offer assistance in local offices.
Pros
excellant compensation package
Cons
needs more employee training and leadership in branch offices
Very minimum communication, but overall satisfactory
Billing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXMarch 13, 2014
Training and communication were not impressive, long hours of OT at end of month, little help on weekend billing
However, very friendly coworkers and HR staff.
Pros
benefits are amazing
Cons
training and communication are not impressive, long hours of ot at end of month, little help on weekend billing
It was a great learning experience. I learned Citrix environment, improved in Excel and SAP. es, higher level than what I was use to.
Eng (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 13, 2015
The most enjoyable part of this job was all the fun stuff we did on the side. They bought us a lot of lunches, company picnics, happy hour once a month.
Transcriptionist/Word Processor.
Transcriptionist/Word Processor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 5, 2015
Worked eight hours a day transcribing correspondence, reports, and recorded statements. Overall improvement of grammar, punctuation, and spelling. Co-workers compatible. No real hard part about job. Most enjoyable aspect - I love words.
Pros
Enjoyable/good salary and benefits
Good group of peers to work with.
Accounts Receivable Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 11, 2014
A very fast paced environment with good supporting workers. New management need to be more geared toward their employees.
Pros
free soda
No job security, micro-management
Outside Property Adjuster (Current Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 15, 2014
Don't work here if your looking for long term job security. Whenever it gets busy they hire staff but at the 1st sign of a slow down, no matter how temporary it is, they will lay people off. They claim to value family and provide you with a good balance between work/life but they only want employees who are willing to work 7 days a week and into the evening. They expect to you to make a cetain amount of revenue each money other wise you are penalized with your "bonus" money for the next month. Don't expect to take a vacation cause they still expect you to reach your revenue goal for that month. They lie to your face about money potential. If you interview for the position they give you examples of potential income based on monthly revenues that you will quickly find out is amost impossible to attain. All in all a horrible experience and one of the worse companies I've ever worked for. To much micro-managing as well. In addition, there health insurance plan is one of the worse I have ever had.
Pros
company car
Cons
everything except the company car
No job security
Sr. IT Developer (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXAugust 5, 2013
Management is clueless about the year's budget and so no job security.
Pros
no micro management
Cons
everthing else - totally clueless
Great Environment
Account Rep (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 5, 2015
I have enjoyed working for this company for the last year. The only reason I am looking for another employer is to get closer to home. The drive is very difficult.
Pros
Cons
Commute
Cunningham Lindsey is a good company to work for
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXNovember 25, 2013
Cunningham Lindsey is a nice company to work for. Management makes an effort to assure work/home-life balance.
Pros
schedule flexibility, small company.
Cons
small company, must be licensed adjuster in order to advance.
Work environment was great. Travel and training available.
Adjuster/appraiser (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, laJuly 8, 2015
Meeting with different people kept job interesting. Handled individual claims; personal injury, auto, property. Secured statements, interviews and photos. Requesting payments and delivering checks.
The job I worked was not the job I applied for
General Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 18, 2014
I was hired as an experienced General Adjuster to work mostly large, complex claims. I was assigned mostly small residential losses that did not utilize my strengths as someone with 25 years less experience could have performed most of those small residential claims. I was happy when I did receive the few large and complex claims that I did. The company appeared to be under-staffed. With the right amount of staff, this would have been a much better place to work.
Pros
good manager, gooc co-workers and support staff.
Cons
under-staffed for field personnel. had to work 6-7 days a week 10+ hours a day to try to keep up.
Great Company
Multi Line Independent Insurance Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 12, 2014
Working from home helps provide a work/life balance

Allows hands on learning and provides opportunities to further education through Vale Training Solutions
Great education on building damages
Contracted Insurance Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 29, 2012
At a building damaged veiwed every room estimated damages, climbed every roof, photographed and measured the roof for Insurance rercords
Pros
good money if you work hard and long hours
Cons
work was intermittant depending on storms
Biggest learning experience of my life
Contracted Insurance Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 29, 2012
First employee of Qwest and became a road warrior to locate and negotiating 160 property leases and purchases in 12 states from the Mexican border to New York City. These 160 properties required me to work with farmers, rural/suburb land owners, major city building owners, file building permits, work out zoning issues, work with numerous lawyers and manage the construction of the sites, buildings, and tower structures. After the system was built, I became Vice President and General Manager whose direct reports included the Chief Financial Officer, Director of Operations, Director of Engineering, Manager of Sales and Marketing. This arrangement allowed the company to continue to be profitable as the product prices dropped 91%. During this price reduction, the Company had to layoff less than 10% of its employees..
Pros
great in the trenches learning experience
Cons
company sold

2.8