Curative Care Network Employee Reviews

Care for others and mostely enjoyable
Correspondence Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WI 53226June 6, 2017
A typical day would be entering in physician's orders, and doing multiple correspondence. Management was not as firm as they could be. The workplace culture was fine. The hardest part was lack of cooperation from management. The most enjoyable part were the clients and the co workers.
benefits
Cons
little advancement
Great services for people who have a developmental disability.
PROGRAM COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 27, 2017
Curative is an adult day program that serves people with different developmental disabilities. Curative takes pride in the services provided to their clients.
Just wasn't for me
Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 29, 2016
All days are different. I don't want to say anything negative about Curative because they do work for good people. It just wasn't good for me because I didn't get along with the president. Working th\\with the developmentally disabled was fun and rewarding.
The company served its clients with the highest level of professionalism.
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIDecember 2, 2016
Worked in a day services serving over 40 individuals with disabilities daily. As management being responsible for the daily running of the program and hands on serving the clients was not proportioned out evenly.
Great Company to work for
Patient Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 18, 2016
Limited advancement opportunities.
Salary not comparable with similar organizations.
Typical workdays vary within every department.
Co-workers are friendly team players, always willing to assist.
Pros
diverse
Cons
Vacation & Sick Time one in the same, No Personal days available, Micro Managers, Exorbitant Health Insurance Deductibles & Co-Pays
Example: Doing actives, taking them on outings, and toileting
PROGRAM SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 6, 2016
Assist with leading activities for clients with disabilities and completing personal cares.
Documenting of goals achievement and accompanying clients on outings
Great mission; great people!
Manager - Adult Day Services (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 8, 2016
Great mission; great people. Nothing but a pleasure to have worked there to support individuals to achieve their goals. Truly fulfilling work done for an organization that talked the talk and backed it up. I tip my hat.
Poor management
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 18, 2016
The flexibility you have to work from home, office, or in the community is great.
There is a lot of turnover and the new management team is not knowledgeable enough to advance the company.
The co-workers, besides management, are very friendly and helpful.
You work with a population that lives in poverty. A lot of the homes you will go into are in high crime areas. Many of the homes also have pest problems (bed bugs and cockroaches), so you must come prepared on your visits.
Pros
Flexibility
loved working with youth
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 28, 2015
Making a difference in a youth's life. I loved having to talk to the youth and they can be their self and talk to me. I wanted to take all the kids home to keep them on the right path.
Pros
working with youth
Cons
losing the youth to the streets
awful leadership
employee (Current Employee) –  milwaukeeSeptember 15, 2015
The organization's mission and care for people with disabilities is wonderful. Staff work very hard on behalf of the people they serve. Top leadership is cut-throat, only cares about the $$. Top leadership has no idea what challenges are faced by the employees on a daily basis, nor do they care to know. Staff and middle level leadership have constant turnover. Top leadership do not hold themselves to the same standards as the rest of the staff (ie. working a full day on Fridays, day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, etc.) Salaries and mileage reimbursement are below the industry standard, yet the top dogs earn well above the industry standard. For a non-profit, this is unacceptable. Despite valiant efforts on the part of staff and middle managers, every single service line is told over and over again that they are underperforming. It's a no win environment.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
painfully negative and narcissistic environment
Person Centered Day Service Program
Admissions and Outreach Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 2, 2015
Working for Curative gives me the opportunity help a great cause and make new bonds daily.At Curative we serve people with developmental disabilities and other limiting conditions.

Being the Admissions and Outreach Coordinator I am the 1st source of contact. I get to know the potential client, assess their needs and find the most appropriate way to improve their function and quality of life.
Pros
Being able to see the difference our programs make in people's lives 1st hand
Cons
Not everyone meets admissions criteria
Too much fecal matter and a lack of compassion.
Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 29, 2015
A typical day working for Curative is very chaotic to say the least. A program specialist's duty is to assist mildly to severely developmentally disabled adults with personal cares and etc. It is full of rewards and challenges, however often times the challenges outweigh the rewards. My co-workers are the best! We epitomize what it is to be a team. Management is the pits though. They lack compassion for employees and are unaware of how trying our job is. Furthermore, based on its actions; it would appear as though management does not care for the clients or the staff. What I have learned is that I am a lot stronger than I was aware of, also to be grateful for the life I have been blessed with.
Pros
The schedule is great and pto is phenomenal!
Cons
Leadership's lack of compassion for its employees.
Good company with a positive mission to help and provide services to those with cognitive disabilities. No room for advancement.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 27, 2015
In regards to the immediate job responsibilities, manage staff daily, create a proactive environment to provide a safe and positive program. Provide tours of the facility for potential clients. Productivity reports; approve payroll; client interaction; oversee all daily functions. Also creation and implementation of the budget. The hardest part is motivating the staff on a daily basis to show energy and vigor in all aspects of their responsibilities. The most enjoyable part of the job is working and getting positive results for our clients.
Pros
Excellent hours
Cons
No room for growth
great families, great co-corkers
Pediatric physical therapist (Current Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIJuly 5, 2015
I love working with the babies and families I work with and have become a convert to natural environment. I also work with a great group of therapists and teachers
Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 17, 2015
Management is the worst, too many changes of managers. Upper management never comes around to know what's going on in the company. Money business, doesn't care about staff or clients well being. Company is unprofessional. Co workers are rude. Hardest part of the job is dealing with attitudes. Clients are wonderful, I love working with them.
Great learning experice
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIMay 31, 2015
I learned how to better work with people who have Alzheimer's.

A typical day at Curative would include playing memory games or bingo and then snack time where I got to sit with a group of people and talk to them about things that they remember from their past, about themselves and their families.
Fun place to work!!!!
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 17, 2014
This is a great company to work for! My best days are working with the clients one on one ensuring they are having fun.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIJune 3, 2014
I traveled from group home to group home working with disable adults with passing medications, assisting with adls and cooking nutritional meals.
Pros
great experience with disabled adults
Cons
some days could be stressful
Nice place to work.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 13, 2014
Great benefits and nice atmosphere. Overall a great place to work.
A Successful Mission Driven Nonprofit
Employee (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 11, 2014
No two days are the same when serving adults, children and seniors with disabilities or limiting conditions. The ebbs and flows are emotionally draining. The organization is making strides recognizing this and beginning to make improvements. The organization is large enough for employees to move laterally and vertically up the ladder. However, there is little support or development given to prepare employees for management or leadership roles.