Curbside Employee Reviews

Start up company, fast paced environment
Curbside Associate (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAJuly 23, 2016
On a typical work day we collected online orders and handed out flyers to acquire new customers. I learned how a start up company works and how to be the face of a company. Management and co-workers were all nice. The hardest part of the job was working a promo code weekend alone. The most enjoyable part of the job was being outside enjoying the nice weather talking to customers.
Ahead of the curve
Associate (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 19, 2015
With all of the "on demand" startups out there, it's nice to see an opportunity to join one as a full-time employee (not contractors), with health benefits, stability, opportunity to prove myself for upward opportunities, and even earn stock! Don't get me wrong, as with any startup company -- it is a lot of work, fast paced, with ups and downs, but at least with Curbside there's an opportunity for the work I do to be noticed and provide opportunities for me and my family. Like any company, good things come to those who work hard and take the initiative.
Pros
full time employment, benefits, stability, overtime, stock, growt opportunity
Easy Money
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 30, 2015
Typical day at work looks like you standing around for 8 hours trying to hand out flyers to people. I learned, that I personally would rather have a million things to do during my shift then 3 or 4 quick tasks that don't even come close to covering the length of my work day. My direct Supervisor, that I actually saw in person 2-3 days out of the week was a great person to work with. Unfortunately I can't say the same about upper management. My co-workers were also people I enjoyed working with, which helped the slow time pass by. The hardest part of the job was the repetitiveness of trying to hand out flyers. What was hard about it was how tedious it became after a month of doing it, especially when you factor in that you have already tried to flyer to these people before. It was rare to see somebody new to try to flyer to, and when you did they were a tourist or not a regular shopper at the store and therefore didn't want to hear what you were all about, with good reason. We were also forced to wear polo's as part of our uniform. I know that doesn't sound like a big deal, but it was the fact that I believe it was a little to dressy for the job we were doing. In other words I felt that the polo's were unnecessary. Half the time I worked there I thought, if we were just wearing a tee with our company logo we'd look a lot more approachable. Instead we looked like some sort of recruiters that were going to take up 15 minutes of people's time having them fill out paperwork, or like we were looking to sell people something. When all we were trying to do is inform them of a new FREE  more... service and give them a flyer that contained a promo code for $10 off their first use. The most enjoyable part of my job, was looking at my paycheck.  less
Pros
Good pay, good benefits
Cons
Not so good management