Curry College Employee Reviews

Dynamic, Productive, Fun Place to Work
Night Library Manager (Former Employee) –  Milton, MANovember 22, 2015
Curry College is a small liberal arts college locate in the quiet town of Milton Ma. The campus is picturesque, and very beautiful. The main library is busy on a typical work day. Students are busy conducting research, writing papers or occasionally entertaining themselves. My job was to help students and faculty to access information as efficiently as possible, resolve any problems that may occur ( printing, computer software), and generate ideas to make the library more relevant to the needs of the students. Customer services was key. I learned to manage difficult situations especially during exam week when there is a high demand on the library resources. I also learned to manage a student employees. The staff is very supportive. The library director has an open door policy which facilitates problem solving, and implementation of new ideas.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
needs more technological innovation for students to make the library more relevant
Great environment to work.
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milton, MAMarch 23, 2015
Being a teaching assistant, I would attend the class and make sure students were keeping up with the lecture. Help students when they had any problems, as well as offer study sessions for exams. I would report to the professor on the progress of students; making sure everyone was keeping up with their homework. I've learned a lot being a TA, which the most important lesson would be to not take what professors do for you for granted. Take the tools they give you and use them to your advantage. I also helped grade assignments and exams, which let me work close with other professors in the same course as well. Having those connections with professors was very nice. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the students who do not want to be there, and do not want to learn. The most enjoyable part of the job was to see people grow and learn. I love being able to help students understand something they did not understand before.
Pros
learning experience
Cons
n/a
Ideal Work-Study Job
Athletics Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milton, MAApril 30, 2012
A typical day at work depending on the sport may be filming a game, keeping score during a game, or working downstairs in the office. I learned that working for Athletics doesn't mean just working the game but the behind the scene aspects also. My manager and co-workers are very friendly and easy to get a long with. The hardest part of the job is sometimes time conflict between a game and classes. The most enjoyable part is being able to watch the games and being paid for it.
Pros
flexible, fun and interactive, relaxing atmosphere.
Cons
only for work study, little work to do once sports seasons end.
Productive environment for Growth and Developement
Clinical Educator (Former Employee) –  Milton, MAJanuary 20, 2014
I truly enjoyed working at Curry College as a clinical instructor. I enjoyed the bright, hard working students. This environment was always looking to grow, developing a thirst for knowledge.Teaching young students and forming nurses from making beds and transferring patients to medical assessment and administration of medication was always so intense. The most enjoyable part of my day is post conference, reviewing each students responses or questions for the days experiences.
Pros
the best part is watching how fast the students grow in a semester with knowledge.
Cons
travel time
Great environment with positive people
Admissions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton, MAJuly 8, 2015
Give tours either once or twice a day, and I learned the importance of memorizing information for the tours. I learned how to give phone calls about certain events, and talk to students/parents. I worked around all positive people. The most enjoyable part of the job is having fun while I'm there, and seeing how excited future students are to come to my college.
Pros
become better at projecting your voice, customer service
Cons
no breaks
always motivated to work
Groundsworker (Current Employee) –  Milton, MAMay 8, 2014
My typical day at my job is that I do sanitation along with picking up liter around Curry College.
I learned time management and organization skills.
Co-workers are very hard working
hardest part of the job is dealing with the outdoor elements
most enjoyable part of the job is that I can make a difference in making Curry College a better place.
Th staff is always available whenever you need help, and because its such a small school , you always get that one on one with Professors.
Student (Former Employee) –  Milton, MAMay 22, 2013
I attend all of my classes , we usually talk about the homework from the night before , or what we talked about the last time we meant. Classes are always open to discussion , and Professors are always willing to answer questions.
Everyone was friendly
Spring Weekend Intern (Former Employee) –  Milton, MAJune 30, 2014
While working her I enjoyed my peers and co-workers. for experience I got plan and show off my ideas for events that will open to the whole school to enjoy. I had find the interest of the student body while also throwing in my own opions
Great Nursing Program
Student Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  Milton, MAMay 28, 2014
I completed four years at Curry College and graduated in May 2013 with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing and a Minor in Biology. Curry gave me the opportunity to have clinical rotations in some of Boston's most prestigious hospitals and great community hospitals.
Pros
great nursing program, small classes, kind nursing professors
Cons
constant change in the program
Productive and Friendly Workplace
Tech Center Support (Current Employee) –  Milton, MAApril 22, 2013
Tech Center Support
Check student ID’s, maintain activity log, assist with hardware issues
The hardest part of the job is trying to fix hardware issues.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when I do fix hardware issues, the confidence I develop knowing that I was able to complete my task

Want to know more about Curry College?

Ask a question
Fun work study job
Ambassador/Admissions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton, MAOctober 12, 2012
It was fun giving tours and speaking with prospective students. Best work study job available. Way better than just sitting at the library putting books back or answering the telephone at an officer.
Pros
interaction with prospective students; you are the face of the college
First year
Junior Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Milton, MAMarch 9, 2015
Supportive atmosphere. I just started teaching at Curry College after graduating from their Masters in Nursing program. All of my expectations have been met and I feel that there is opportunity for growth if I desire it.
Semester based Jobs
Transfer Orientation Coordinator/Peer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Milton, MAJuly 2, 2015
Working at CUrry College I had multiple student Leadership roles such as being a teacher assistant, Orientation Leader and a Peer advisor. As well for two years i got to preform as the colleges mascot
N/A
Department of Student Affairs (Current Employee) –  Milton, MAJanuary 9, 2015
Curry College is a smaller institution which creates a very family like community. You work very closely with all departments and are able to learn from your colleagues.
Great Atmosphere to work!!!!
Asst. Dir. of Financial Aid (Former Employee) –  Milton, MAJuly 3, 2014
Loved helping students and parents figure out the best way to finance their or their child's education.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no cons
Great People
Admissions Assistant, Admission Office (Former Employee) –  Milton, MADecember 6, 2012
Wish I did not have to leave! Great people very welcoming and understanding
Cons
students cannot work here after graduation
Productive and fun workplace
Information Desk Staff (Former Employee) –  Milton, MAApril 29, 2013
The most enjoyable part of my job was working with such a diverse group of people.
Nice suburban location
Assistant Dean (Former Employee) –  Milton, MAMay 29, 2015
Great programs
Nice small campus and small classes
Nice amenities for students
Strong nursing program
Dedicated faculty and staff
Great summertime experience in a new city
Fox Sports/Sports South Internship (Former Employee) –  Milton, MAJune 5, 2014
I was able to gain valuable experience in a field I was interested in
Fun place
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton, MAJuly 10, 2013
Easy work, good management, lots tools available to make your job easier.

4.3