Curry College Employee Reviews

Requires Patience
Administrative Assistant/AT Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Milton, MASeptember 2, 2017
You must have thick skin to work with students with learning disabilities. Patience and compassion should be high on your list. Also, one has to be able to be a self starter and self taught because the director is too busy to assist and it takes several days to get your needs met. The culture is very varied because you deal with several personalities all at once. So you must be able to wear many hats for this.
campus job.
Admissions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton, MAAugust 19, 2017
It was a fun and easy job, I was a tour guide of our campus and then i did filling when i wasn't on tour. While we were filiing we were having fun dancing and listening to music or just talking to each other.
Academic and forward thinking school that provides guidance and creative leeway.
Part-Time Professor (Current Employee) –  Milton, MAJuly 19, 2017
Working with Curry has been a wonderful experience due to the focus on learning and reaching as many students in a meaningful way as possible. I learned how to develop my group leadership skills being in charge of my own classes and found plenty of support from both the faculty and staff members. The most enjoyable part of the job is working directly with students to help them navigate complicated materials.
Pros
Lunch discounts
Cons
No healthcare for part-time employees.
Great Opportunity as First Job in Higher Ed
Staff (Current Employee) –  Milton, MAJuly 17, 2017
Excellent opportunities presented, but not much room for growth. School is on the upswing withing the New England Liberal Arts School landscape, but would just as well hire someone new, than advance someone who has been there.
note taking
Peer Note Taker (Former Employee) –  Milton, MAJune 27, 2017
Its a simple task of taking notes for someone in your class that is unable to do it for themselves. Usually you would just email the person in charge of peer note taking and they would send it off to the student who needs it. Need to be able to write understanding and good notes.
Small but effective college.
Marketing, Management, Communication (Former Employee) –  Milton, MAJune 24, 2017
Excellent small college with satellite campuses. They hire good people. support them and provide a welcoming atmosphere.Classrooms are well lighted and comfortable, supplies are always available. All campuses I have worked on show a similar face. Management at all campuses have been pro-active and supportive. I can't say enough good things about this learning center.
Pros
Convenient locations.
Cons
No health plans are available to adjunct faculty.
Student job
Media Services Technician (Current Employee) –  Milton, MAMarch 7, 2017
Student job. You have to be a student to work here. It's easy and pays tax free. Learn a lot, eh not really, but Netflix binges are a blast. drink up kids.
Pros
yolo
Cons
nolo
Good workplace.
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Milton, MAMay 28, 2016
This is a productive and fun workplace. The community in this institution is always willing to help each other. I have met great individuals from whom I have learned many things from.
Great opportunity for students to work.
Grounds Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Milton, MAMay 25, 2016
Learned about maintaining athletic fields. Management was fair, and for the most part co-workers were hard working. The hardest part about the job was working outside on rainy days, the most enjoyable part of the job was working with other students.
Pros
Freedom, working with friends, making your own schedule.
Cons
Low pay, low quality machinery, no opportunity for overtime or advancement.
This majority of the employees are quite difficult to work with.
Associate Professor of English (Current Employee) –  Milton, MAMay 1, 2016
The administrators are utterly incompetent in creating a culture of collegiality. If you disagree with them, you are ostracized. Their leadership works on the "divide and conquer" system.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
everything else
good place to hone your skills as a professor
Associate Professor of English (Current Employee) –  Milton, MAApril 15, 2016
Offers good support in terms of travel funds to present papers and attend conferences. Has a very good 401K plan and a good healthcare plan.
Pros
good healthcare benefits
Cons
very heavy teaching load
Not a good place to work
Office Administrative (Former Employee) –  Milton, MAJanuary 14, 2016
bad communication, bad pay. The job itself was easy and satisfying for what it was worth but the whole office had very bad use of communication skills.
Dynamic, Productive, Fun Place to Work
Night Library Manager (Former Employee) –  Milton, MANovember 22, 2015
Curry College is a small liberal arts college locate in the quiet town of Milton Ma. The campus is picturesque, and very beautiful. The main library is busy on a typical work day. Students are busy conducting research, writing papers or occasionally entertaining themselves. My job was to help students and faculty to access information as efficiently as possible, resolve any problems that may occur ( printing, computer software), and generate ideas to make the library more relevant to the needs of the students. Customer services was key. I learned to manage difficult situations especially during exam week when there is a high demand on the library resources. I also learned to manage a student employees. The staff is very supportive. The library director has an open door policy which facilitates problem solving, and implementation of new ideas.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
needs more technological innovation for students to make the library more relevant
Great environment with positive people
Admissions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton, MAJuly 8, 2015
Give tours either once or twice a day, and I learned the importance of memorizing information for the tours. I learned how to give phone calls about certain events, and talk to students/parents. I worked around all positive people. The most enjoyable part of the job is having fun while I'm there, and seeing how excited future students are to come to my college.
Pros
become better at projecting your voice, customer service
Cons
no breaks
Semester based Jobs
Transfer Orientation Coordinator/Peer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Milton, MAJuly 2, 2015
Working at CUrry College I had multiple student Leadership roles such as being a teacher assistant, Orientation Leader and a Peer advisor. As well for two years i got to preform as the colleges mascot
Nice suburban location
Assistant Dean (Former Employee) –  Milton, MAMay 29, 2015
Great programs
Nice small campus and small classes
Nice amenities for students
Strong nursing program
Dedicated faculty and staff
Great environment to work.
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milton, MAMarch 23, 2015
Being a teaching assistant, I would attend the class and make sure students were keeping up with the lecture. Help students when they had any problems, as well as offer study sessions for exams. I would report to the professor on the progress of students; making sure everyone was keeping up with their homework. I've learned a lot being a TA, which the most important lesson would be to not take what professors do for you for granted. Take the tools they give you and use them to your advantage. I also helped grade assignments and exams, which let me work close with other professors in the same course as well. Having those connections with professors was very nice. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the students who do not want to be there, and do not want to learn. The most enjoyable part of the job was to see people grow and learn. I love being able to help students understand something they did not understand before.
Pros
Learning experience
Cons
N/a
First year
Junior Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Milton, MAMarch 9, 2015
Supportive atmosphere. I just started teaching at Curry College after graduating from their Masters in Nursing program. All of my expectations have been met and I feel that there is opportunity for growth if I desire it.
N/a
Department of Student Affairs (Current Employee) –  Milton, MAJanuary 9, 2015
Curry College is a smaller institution which creates a very family like community. You work very closely with all departments and are able to learn from your colleagues.
Good
Director of Finance (Former Employee) –  Milton, MANovember 11, 2014
Challenging industry. Enjoyable and dedicated co-workers.