CURT Manufacturing LLC

CURT Manufacturing LLC Employer Reviews

No work/life balance along with constant daily fear of termination
Welding Inspector (Former Employee), Eau Claire, WIJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: welding experience, vacation accumulates from the start
Cons: management, working hours, no work life balance, does not follow progressive disciplinary system, no job security, under qualified management, abusive environment
When I was hired at Curt, I felt like it was my lucky break. It was my first full time job and first job that paid above $10. However I soon began to realize that applying there was a big mistake. A typical day sees employees welding trailer hitches and sending them out for inspection. If the employee does not hit a golden "standard" of 80 hitches per night, he gets taken into the office and is yelled at for lack of production and/or written up. Curt has no tolerance for this no matter what the reason. The welding machines are very dated and are breaking down constantly; making hitting production demands almost impossible. Employees are rounded up each day for a "announcement meeting" where the leads tell the employees what bad workers they are and how they will be fired/written up if they don't work harder. Shifts at Curt are never shorter than 10 hours, and expect to work AT LEAST 8 hours of overtime per week but usually more. The workers are viewed by management as pieces of equipment; as evident by how they are treated. Also expect a lot of micro-management, because the leads will consistently pop into the employees welding booths or examine stacked pallets for missing welds at least three times an hour. They will also resort to threats, personal attacks, and intimidation to get results. Needless to say it was not the lucky break I anticipated.
Do you hate spending time with your family?
CNC Laser Operator / Press Brake Operator / Saw (Former Employee), Eau Claire, WIOctober 25, 2014
Pros: you will look like a genus compared to everyone that works there.
Cons: everything.
Occasional mandatory overtime every week! If you like being away from your spouse and kids this is the job for you! Hired for weekdays? They'll take your weekends too . Want to take a day off? You will need to use your vacation time even if you worked 60 + hours that week.

All the overtime will help offset the cost of the insurance, which does not cover much. You will get paid holidays but end up working for straight time to make up for it. Management consists of the people who are to dumb to look for a better job. Their lack of intelligence will show in the decisions or non-decisions they make.

The shop is hot as an oven year round. All the machinery exausts into the shop for heat. The machines are the best the 90's had to offer and are poorly maintained. If you don't fit into the "clicks" you will never make it there. There is no pre employment drug test and local addicts know they will get hired.

I have worked in many shops in the last 25 years. Curt Manufacturing is by far the worst.
Not for the faint at heart.
Fabrication (Current Employee), Eau Claire WIJuly 10, 2014
Pros: some flexibility in scheduling breaks. great co-workers.
Cons: can be hard on the body, manual labor
Great Co-Workers.
Some shifts require very long hours, Much O.T., Some Mandatory up to 60 hrs/wk (12X5).
Manual Labor, can be hard on the body, extended / continuous standing, up to 12 hrs/shift handling raw steel, welding, forming and fabrication.
Can be dirty work (For fabricators... Do Not wear your 'Sunday-Best' clothing)
Company in which hard work allowed you to grow in company.
Corporate Compliance & Assurance Manager (Former Employee), Eau Claire, WIMarch 14, 2014
• Managed Customer Service Departments.
• Shipping Coordinator - scheduled freight orders in house to be pulled and shipped along with scheduling freight carriers.
• Compliance - created international compliance department. Coded all product (6,000+) with customs information and developed processes to import and export product.
• Supply Chain/Logistics - worked with vendors domestically and internationally to negotiate rates and services.
• Created processes, procedures, forms, etc. to become first department within company to be ISO compliant. Worked with other areas of the company to do the same. Certified ISO Auditor.
• Maintained budgets as far as expenses and head count salaries, etc.
• Efficient at pulling data from system and creating reports, spreadsheets, graphs, etc. for the executive team.
• Inventory control.
• Safety Committee member.
• Product development.
• Domestic and international sales.
• Participated in several committees to develop new computer system, phone system, RF system, building moves, new warehouse moves.
• Problem solver.
• Team player.
• Data Entry.
a fun place to work
Welder (Former Employee), Eau Claire, WIDecember 31, 2013
Pros: good hours freindly people
Cons: sometimes long hours
All around it was a great place to work once you got the hang of the pace hours were good and sometimes long.
it was good
Distribution Clerk (Former Employee), Fresno.CaDecember 26, 2013
it was good to work there but the manage didn't know what he was doing so they close down . the co-workers we got are job done
Accounts Payable (Current Employee), Eau Claire, WIDecember 17, 2013
Great place to work, with excellent managment and huge growth. Company is expanding almost daily.
Best Hitch Manufacturer
Customer Service Representative /Account Manager (Former Employee), Eau Claire, WIOctober 1, 2013
Pros: pride in the product being produced.
The first five and a half years working at CURT Manufacturing were exciting. The founders, management, and co-workers treated everyone with respect and dignity. As a result it was my observance and experience that all departments worked professionally and exceptionaly well together.
A typical day at CURT consisted of working 8-5, with the majority of this time sitting in front of a computer with your phone headset on. This job required extensive multi-tasking abilities and proficiency with multiple websites. The company provided mulitple training opportunities allowing everyone to be their best. Excellence in the workplace was always aknowledged and well rewarded. In addition to my regular customer service duties I learned how to set up new accounts, assist customers via e-commerce, and for a couple of years I managed the largest sales account within the company. The best part of this job was knowing that our customers were satisfied and excited to be purchasing our product. The hardest part of this job was when a customer was not satisfied regardless of our efforts.
After the sale of the company, and new management was brought in, the respect and dignity for others within the company had noticibly diminished. It was during my sixth year at CURT that I decided it was time to seek employment elsewhere.
Great opportunity advancement
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee), Fresno, CAOctober 1, 2013
Pros: opportunities to travel.
Cons: n/a
Company is well organized and enjoyable to work for. Everyday you learn new skills. Management is very understanding in allowing you to grow. My daily contacts within the company are extremely nice. Hardest part of the job would be our busy season in the summer. Most enjoyable part working for Curt Mfg. is our customers. I have built a huge list of customer relationships that keeps generating profit.
Company with growing pains
eBusiness Manager (Current Employee), Eau Claire, WIJuly 29, 2013
Rapid growth has made for a chaotic and challenging work environment. Demanding work requirements and a "bar" that continually moves up, make this an ideal environment for someone looking for a challenge.
Great work place friendly atmosphere with helpful and productive co-workers
Floor lead (Former Employee), Allentown, PAOctober 31, 2012
Pros: free lunches once a week and great co-workers
A typical day at work for me consisted of releasing orders over database system, pulling orders, packing orders, and shipping orders... Once basic job functions were completed I was expected to put away inventory assist other co-workers and just help out where ever I saw fit.
enjoyed working with motivated and dedicated co-workers
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee), Grand Prairie, TXOctober 1, 2012
8:30 to 5 was hours for me . learned a lot about a product i had not had any contact with. great management and co-workers. Opportunity to advance.
growing company
Customer Service Support (Former Employee), Eau Claire, WIApril 23, 2012
Pros: nice people to work with, alot of free events
Cons: short breaks, not much room for advancement.
co workers can be fun,some what stressful when working with customers. Management not always available.Work days could be
repetitive.Best part of this position would be the satisfaction of accomplishing something on your own.

About CURT Manufacturing LLC

CURT is a leading manufacturer and marketer of top quality towing products. Our company markets a broad range of trailer hitches, – Read more