CURT Manufacturing LLC Employee Reviews

No climate control
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 10, 2017
It was a very self lead job,
The wor load was very intense.
The company did compensate or the heavy work load by rewarding the employees with lunches and unlimited overtime
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short break, No climate control
Nasty Place To Work
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIMay 5, 2017
The pay was good but the culture was defiantly a shock to me. Rude management cut throat bosses. Total disrespect for employees. If you like getting swore at every day by your boss this is the place for you.
Pros
Pay
good hours and good pay
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire County, WIJanuary 19, 2017
Loved working for Curt Manufacturing and wish that I could have stayed longer. management is really awesome. would sometimes surprise employees with lunch. good work environment. competitive wages.
Pros
hours, pay, management
Cons
not much overtime
Hard Work
Robot Operator / Manual Welder (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIDecember 9, 2016
Lots of moving parts around, communicating with the team lead to ensure proper jobs are being completed, checking work and making sure it matches the blueprint.
Quality
Quality Assurance Inspector (Former Employee) –  Chippewa Falls, WINovember 1, 2016
I worked there thru a temp service. I had to inspect parts that came back for defects. I learned that defects were small or large and what was good and what was not. My co workers were alright. The hardest part of the job was getting used to the hours.
Horrible Culture
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIMay 25, 2016
The culture at this company is very toxic. People are only out to further themselves and are not inclusive. Processes and procedures are not followed openly with no consequences. Avoid this company.
Cons
benefits are minimum
Fabrication Operator
Fabrication Operator (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJanuary 5, 2016
On a daily basis I would go in and set up my machine for production, I verify all protocols and obtain orders. Based on the orders I operate according to the product specifications. Base on the quality of the product I adjust my machine to make sure the items meet the specifications. At the end of the day I inspect the machine and follow safety guidelines to perform daily cleaning.
Pros
Great insurance and great pay.
Progressive and fun eCommerce Dept
eCommerce Mobile/Web Developer (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIMay 29, 2015
The eCommerce/Marketing Dept. is hip and progressive. In the Web Dev office, we spend a fair amount of energy learning and implementing new technologies. Immediate management is intelligent and supportive. Upper management seems to be unstable. There is a lot of restructuring and a generally unstable feeling.
Pros
Progressive atmosphere
Cons
Very uncertain future
liked my job !!
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIMay 28, 2015
great place to work. I only left for more money if I had it to do over i should have stayed great job security.I also enjoyed working with fellow workers !!!
good checks...only because of ridiculous mandatory seasonal ot
production (Former Employee) –  eau claire productionApril 4, 2015
Workplace with intimidating micromanagement. A good place to get some wire time on a welder or perhaps get some fabrication experience under your belt but there are much better options for metal working....try OEM fabricators, wisconsin metal fabrication or D&S, they will put much more appreciation and compensation to your efforts
Pros
pay is ok for metal work
Cons
production managers are not properly trained to deal with skilled workers
fastpace
CNC Operator (Current Employee) –  altoona wiFebruary 3, 2015
I was in charge of my two machines a Whitney plasma cutter and a bystronics press. I set both machines up to blue print. Made sure the product was within 1000th of and inch.
No work/life balance along with constant daily fear of termination
Welding Inspector (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJanuary 20, 2015
When I was hired at Curt, I felt like it was my lucky break. It was my first full time job and first job that paid above $10. However I soon began to realize that applying there was a big mistake. A typical day sees employees welding trailer hitches and sending them out for inspection. If the employee does not hit a golden "standard" of 80 hitches per night, he gets taken into the office and is yelled at for lack of production and/or written up. Curt has no tolerance for this no matter what the reason. The welding machines are very dated and are breaking down constantly; making hitting production demands almost impossible. Employees are rounded up each day for a "announcement meeting" where the leads tell the employees what bad workers they are and how they will be fired/written up if they don't work harder. Shifts at Curt are never shorter than 10 hours, and expect to work AT LEAST 8 hours of overtime per week but usually more. The workers are viewed by management as pieces of equipment; as evident by how they are treated. Also expect a lot of micro-management, because the leads will consistently pop into the employees welding booths or examine stacked pallets for missing welds at least three times an hour. They will also resort to threats, personal attacks, and intimidation to get results. Needless to say it was not the lucky break I anticipated.
Pros
Welding experience, Vacation accumulates from the start
Cons
Management, working hours, no work life balance, does not follow progressive disciplinary system, no job security, under qualified management, abusive environment
Do you hate spending time with your family?
CNC Laser Operator / Press Brake Operator / Saw (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIOctober 25, 2014
Occasional mandatory overtime every week! If you like being away from your spouse and kids this is the job for you! Hired for weekdays? They'll take your weekends too . Want to take a day off? You will need to use your vacation time even if you worked 60 + hours that week.

All the overtime will help offset the cost of the insurance, which does not cover much. You will get paid holidays but end up working for straight time to make up for it. Management consists of the people who are to dumb to look for a better job. Their lack of intelligence will show in the decisions or non-decisions they make.

The shop is hot as an oven year round. All the machinery exausts into the shop for heat. The machines are the best the 90's had to offer and are poorly maintained. If you don't fit into the "clicks" you will never make it there. There is no pre employment drug test and local addicts know they will get hired.

I have worked in many shops in the last 25 years. Curt Manufacturing is by far the worst.
Pros
You will look like a genus compared to everyone that works there.
Cons
Everything.
Not for the faint at heart.
Fabrication (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire WIJuly 10, 2014
Great Co-Workers.
Some shifts require very long hours, Much O.T., Some Mandatory up to 60 hrs/wk (12X5).
Manual Labor, can be hard on the body, extended / continuous standing, up to 12 hrs/shift handling raw steel, welding, forming and fabrication.
Can be dirty work (For fabricators... Do Not wear your 'Sunday-Best' clothing)
Pros
Some flexibility in scheduling breaks. Great Co-Workers.
Cons
Can be hard on the body, Manual Labor
Company in which hard work allowed you to grow in company.
Corporate Compliance & Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIMarch 14, 2014
• Managed Customer Service Departments.
• Shipping Coordinator - scheduled freight orders in house to be pulled and shipped along with scheduling freight carriers.
• Compliance - created international compliance department. Coded all product (6,000+) with customs information and developed processes to import and export product.
• Supply Chain/Logistics - worked with vendors domestically and internationally to negotiate rates and services.
• Created processes, procedures, forms, etc. to become first department within company to be ISO compliant. Worked with other areas of the company to do the same. Certified ISO Auditor.
• Maintained budgets as far as expenses and head count salaries, etc.
• Efficient at pulling data from system and creating reports, spreadsheets, graphs, etc. for the executive team.
• Inventory control.
• Safety Committee member.
• Product development.
• Domestic and international sales.
• Participated in several committees to develop new computer system, phone system, RF system, building moves, new warehouse moves.
• Problem solver.
• Team player.
• Data Entry.
a fun place to work
Welder (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIDecember 31, 2013
All around it was a great place to work once you got the hang of the pace hours were good and sometimes long.
Pros
good hours freindly people
Cons
sometimes long hours
it was good
Distribution Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fresno.CaDecember 26, 2013
it was good to work there but the manage didn't know what he was doing so they close down . the co-workers we got are job done
Accounts Payable (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIDecember 17, 2013
Great place to work, with excellent managment and huge growth. Company is expanding almost daily.
Best Hitch Manufacturer
Customer Service Representative /Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIOctober 1, 2013
The first five and a half years working at CURT Manufacturing were exciting. The founders, management, and co-workers treated everyone with respect and dignity. As a result it was my observance and experience that all departments worked professionally and exceptionaly well together.
A typical day at CURT consisted of working 8-5, with the majority of this time sitting in front of a computer with your phone headset on. This job required extensive multi-tasking abilities and proficiency with multiple websites. The company provided mulitple training opportunities allowing everyone to be their best. Excellence in the workplace was always aknowledged and well rewarded. In addition to my regular customer service duties I learned how to set up new accounts, assist customers via e-commerce, and for a couple of years I managed the largest sales account within the company. The best part of this job was knowing that our customers were satisfied and excited to be purchasing our product. The hardest part of this job was when a customer was not satisfied regardless of our efforts.
After the sale of the company, and new management was brought in, the respect and dignity for others within the company had noticibly diminished. It was during my sixth year at CURT that I decided it was time to seek employment elsewhere.
Pros
Pride in the product being produced.
Great opportunity advancement
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 1, 2013
Company is well organized and enjoyable to work for. Everyday you learn new skills. Management is very understanding in allowing you to grow. My daily contacts within the company are extremely nice. Hardest part of the job would be our busy season in the summer. Most enjoyable part working for Curt Mfg. is our customers. I have built a huge list of customer relationships that keeps generating profit.
Pros
Opportunities to travel.
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CURT Manufacturing LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8