Curtis Lumber Employee Reviews

good benefit and possibility to have a high income
Customer Service and Design (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTSeptember 26, 2017
Curtis Lumber is 21 store in Vermont and NewYork. There's good support for the employee. Good benefit. The day could be really busy or really quite, its hard to have a regular schedule because you rely on customer for your work.
Pros
benefit
Cons
hours, lack of flexibility
Great training oppurtunities
Assistant Credit Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 19, 2017
great company to work for along with an advanced training program. Its a very family oriented company that cares for its employees and will help them advance in certain areas.
Good luck
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTJuly 13, 2017
If you don't mind coworkers talking behind your back and people constantly leaving it's great. You don't get sick or vacation time till after a year..
Pros
Good healthcare
Cons
Short lunches
Truly a great place to work!!!!
Sales (Former Employee) –  Delmar, NYJune 23, 2017
Work was fun. I learned a great deal for everyone I worked with. Management was great as well. Great family environment. Friendly co-workers. I truly enjoyed working there.
Pros
Wealth of knowledge
Cons
non
4 out of 5 stars
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Delmar, NYDecember 18, 2016
Work starts at 7am for inside staff. 30 minutes for lunch. At a satellite store we closed at 5pm. Most days we were out by 5:15pm Because Curtis Lumber participates in the OSHA Voluntary Protection Programs. There safety program is the best. I learned to work safer and be more productive. Of the two managers I had one was excellent the other not so much. Co-workers were respectful and became friends with most. Hardest part of the job was when customers when you uphold company policies like special orders are not returnable and management overrides you Curtis gets stuck with material the manufacturer would not take back. The best about the job is the ability to learn how to do work on your house and make it a home.
Pros
Employee discount.
Cons
Short lunch.
good place to start a career however me being a vet and 34 plus years in what I do I feel I need a change for the better.
Lead Shipper (Current Employee) –  Ballston Spa, NYSeptember 20, 2016
working in a lumber yard is kinda tough weather conditions,lack of equipment, and lack of personnel.however their can be plenty improvements in which they have announce.
Most unwelcoming enviroment I ever worked in
Labor (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYMarch 14, 2016
Most of the staff cannot form a paragraph without bad language and have no respect for women or the sanctity of marriage.
Too many relatives and personal relationships in the store. Management has been referred to as dictators from history
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Too many intimate relationships within the store.
great place
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Castleton-on-Hudson, NYJanuary 3, 2016
laid back, but still very productive. Great co-workers. Customers with varying product and industry knowledge. Sundays off at Schodack location.
Productive work place
Logistics Coordinator, CDL A / Crane Operator (Current Employee) –  Ballston Spa, NYApril 21, 2015
I really enjoy my co-workers and have a great relationship with all of them. My kids are grown and I'm looking to make a change in my career.
Pros
Plenty of hours to work.
Cons
Very easy to get burnt out.
friendly neighbor hood hardware store
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Delhi, NYApril 7, 2015
Typical day was show up to premise, general maintenance and product placement before the store opened for business.

I learned about innovative new products along with furthering what I already know about customer service.

management was very understanding about their employees as well with their customers.

the hardest part about the job would be when there were un-satisfied customers to which I was unaware or unable to help with there particular complaint.

enjoyment came when I knew I successfully helped someone that came back and said thanks for the tip or what have you, it came out great.
Pros
easy schedule, not long hours
Cons
the drive.

Want to know more about Curtis Lumber?

Ask a question
Continuous work....Lumber yard
Yard Crew Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fort Plain, New YorkApril 14, 2014
Assisted customers with gathering of materials purchased.
Pros
Great experience, and customers
Cons
Work in all weather conditions
very poor management in western division and new berlin location
former employee (Former Employee) –  new berlinJanuary 26, 2013
could not believe the poor level of management and lanuage used by manager
Pros
seemed to be a good company outside of that location
Cons
games played
good people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ballston Spa, NYApril 18, 2012
Great place to work. Everyone is friendly and works together.