Curtiss-Wright Employee Reviews

It was a great place to work for
assembly production (Former Employee) –  Brecksville, OHNovember 6, 2015
The hours were great. On the bus line. Overtime was always an option.

Management was there if a problem came up. Always asking if I needed anything.
Pros
I was trained well. The employees there were nice and helpful.
Cons
I was a temporary worker and I was let go.
work elsewhere
John doe (Former Employee) –  Shelby, NCOctober 28, 2015
As a machinist I'd strongly consider a career elsewhere. Most of the ppl there are senior. 15 years plus. Avoiding orders that need to be filled to run orders that are easier etc. 16 dollars an hour is not a competitive wage for machinists holding .0005 tolerances on a majority of their dimensions.
benefits
Cons
management, starting pay, good ole boy culture, engineering.
Interesting Industry
Programmer-Analyst (Former Employee) –  Berwick, PASeptember 10, 2015
I have had many different positions over the years, but the primary one was to update and maintain data from Nuclear power plants throughout the United Stated and Canada. This data would then be shared on a website that I maintained so subscribers could buy and sell parts from each other.
Assimilate - Resistance is Futile
Business Segment Manager (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLAugust 9, 2015
I can honestly say - with more than 30 years of experience - that this is truly one of the strangest places I've worked.

I'll take these one at a time:

Be prepared to work overtime (without being paid for it). It will be expected. Do more and more and more, with less and less and less. ANYTHING to bolster their precious Operating Income (OI). Someone leaves? No problem.. just divvy up the work to the remaining, already over-tasked people.

The pay and benefit package was excellent.

It's secure enough as long as you keep your head down fit in.
Advancement? Sure... all you have to do is stick around for 10 years, getting whipped into compliance... you'll advance.

By no means should you EVER out-perform your boss or - god forbid - have the audacity to actually disagree with him/her. They hate that ...no matter how many years of experience you have doing what you do, or how successfully you smash their annual goals.

To "fit in" you'll have to assimilate into their definition of "culture." They are very proud of that at CW. In short, you will be very happy if you are a politically correct, hypersensitive, liberal bureaucrat.

So... after two years of "not fitting in" the CW culture and working for an ineffective, unappreciative leadership team, I resigned.

Life is too short to be a drone.
Pros
great benefits, good pay
Cons
poor leadership, mired in politcally correct bureaucracy
No Growth Opportunity, Great Coworkers and Understanding Supervisor
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJuly 15, 2015
To much micro managing with little support or help to get the job done. There is no appreciation by management. Most enjoyable part of my job are the workers
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
no growth opportunity and employes don't feel valued
Decent work environment, terrible management
MRP Procurement Planner (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDJune 16, 2015
It's a decent place to work, the benefits are good, pay is steady, the workload isn't terrible, and the people for the most part are great. Management is a problem. Processes would change from day to day, and the decision makers don't seem to have a head for business. This company is the result of engineers running a company.
Pros
benefits, flexible with time off, free coffee
Cons
No defined path for accomplishing some tasks.
Great Company, terrible leadership..
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJune 9, 2015
Very fast paced high energy company.

Great co-workers that are hard working and motivated.

The company fails to deliver the benefit of a diverse environment that is poorly demonstrated by the Senior Vice President/GM Sensors & Controls Management of the Gilbert office.

The company is also going through Restructure of Business Groups right now.
Pros
Fast Pace, Great Salary, Benefits etc.
Cons
Lack of diversity poorly demonstrated by the Sr. VP; Management can be rude, obnoxious and at times fastidious towards staff
no comment
CNC MACHINIST (Current Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHApril 10, 2015
Steady work and overtime, may have some traveling. Offer good medical benefits. Job may have advancement opportunities. On the bus line.
Temporarily Open
HELP DESK AGENT (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 30, 2015
The company was in the process of selling off their automation business. When the office closed the position was no longer available.
Pros
Drive to work, schedule 2-11pm)
Cons
Only a contract position
Great Company - Going thru Restructure of Business Groups
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Industry, CAFebruary 7, 2015
Very fast paced high energy company. Great people hard working and motivated.

Great Company - Going thru Restructure of Business Groups. Unfortunately, this merge to our sister company in Santa Clarita has effected our City Of Industry Family.
Pros
comprehensive salaries, good benefits, great co workers. large updated facility and grounds with recreational ping pong tables in the back.
Cons
parking, restructure of coi
Great place to work. I wish I was back with the team!
Maintenance. Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bensalem PennsylvaniaJanuary 26, 2015
I was a maintenance supervisor in Bensalem Pennsylvania
There was a team their that was incredible. I loved that job
Unfortunately due to the economy the plant had to close.
I loved them.
I miss my team and wish I was with that company now .
Pros
if your good. quality. employee you will do good. great benefits good people
Go ahead...Be brave...Try this Job!
Systems Administrator, Senior (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 21, 2015
This position is not worth having. Compensation is really good. Senior IT management is clueless. A single local SAN is over provisioned. SAN is supporting replication for files from two other locations. For additional space on SAN an offsite system admin changed the RAID configuration from RAID 10 to RAID 5.
CAT5 LAN cables are strapped to power conduits. LAN cables are all POE to Cisco phones. Desktops plug into phones. LAN cables do not trace as they carry a constant electrical hum/squeal from plant equipment due to the switches not having isolated grounds. Cut LAN cables hang from ceilings. LAN documentation is obsolete.
Weekly travel to Dayton is required 2-3 days each week for desktop support. Group Manager moved to a new position over Group Applications leaving his System Admins behind except for a southern site and Cincinnati. Manager position is located north of Cincinnati. Cincinnati must now support Dayton as of 2014.
Training to familiarize you with the operation, providing access to the systems under your responsibility, the on-boarding process, and the cleanliness of the facility are a disgrace. Network closets look like a ball of string a cat has played with for several days.
Pros
many nice people who are mature and friendly. i left a magnifying glass in the pencil holder.
Cons
you will first need to clean anything you plan to touch before you can work on it.
A lot of smart people.
Business Unit Controller (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAOctober 8, 2014
I like surrounding myself with smart people. Not much of a work life balance.
Big company growing bigger
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDOctober 6, 2014
Acquisitions and growth. Lots of folks trying to learn how a large company operates. Lots of companies being picked up and merged into Curtiss-Wright.

Lots of feelings of insecurity, but company seems to be stable. Never have missed a paycheck!
Some of ppl were okay a lot of backstabbing gossips management poor did not stand up for their worker very vindictive always watching your back
production (Current Employee) –  MarlowOctober 6, 2014
Watch your back
health benefits suck
a lot of good knowledgeable person (people) let go
A couple will be miss they were awesome at their job and very helpful.
Cons
hostile
2nd and 3rd Co-op Cycle experience
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 30, 2014
Great People, great place to start out working. Was given important tasks as a co-op and not just mundane assignments.
good company
(EHS) Environmental, Health, & Safety Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXAugust 5, 2014
Management took very little disciplinary action for safety violations.
The Top Management Is Clueless
Executive (Former Employee) –  City of IndustryMay 27, 2014
The leaders of the of the organization seem to focus strictly on the bottom line and not on what it takes to accomplish the task leading to excessive hours and stress causing a high turnover rate. Some managers are all talk and promise and fail to deliver. Changes are made without regard to customer or employees creating unhappy customers and employees. Just about every perk that was promised when I was hired has been taken away without any compensation to replace it.
Pros
none anymore
Cons
too much back stabbing and cya attitude.
So much fun!
SECRETARY (Former Employee) –  Phillipsburg, NJFebruary 13, 2014
When I first started here, I was trusted with so much more work than I thought I ever would. Working at Curtiss-Wright was my first ever job. Starting here, I was the secretary/assistant to all of the operators on the floor (6). I loved that I had to dress professionally, I was allowed to be inside the manufacturing part of the facility. Being around all the humungous parts of the ships being built was an amazing feeling.
Pros
love the schedule!
Cons
the building was so cold!
Good Company
Division Manager (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAJanuary 23, 2014
I was the accountable manager for all phases of the Production Division including Office, Accounting, Purchasing, Production, Quality Control and Safety. Learned how to work well with others, manage difficult personalities and maintain budget performance and profitability. I had the best group of co-workers I ever worked with at the California Division a real core group. At California DIvision profitability was hard to maintain because our process was a high tech metal working process utilizing high energy lasers and was a bit pricey, so acquiring new business was a constant concern. I enjoyed the recognition each employee was given for a job well done.
Pros
great salary and benefits
Cons
too many hours