Curves Jenny Craig Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
franchise owner closed business
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHOctober 7, 2017
Business closed shortly after I left for some of the same reasons why I left, This business was not run well enough to stay in business. I don't have enough information to adequately rate this business
Pros
little to none
Cons
very disorganized
Great place that taught me a lot
HR Intern (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CASeptember 26, 2017
I had the opportunity to assist the HR team. I learned a lot not only in HR, but about the Jenny Craig culture as well. Shadowing the ISRs and JCCs in the call centers showed me how much the employees cared about their work and their clients. I am sad for when I have to leave.
Pros
Tasting tables for future menu items, great work environment, nice people
An upbeat environment where the health and wellness of our clients is most important
Fitness Coach / Weight Loss Consultant (Current Employee) –  Skokie, ILJune 9, 2017
I spend half of my day meeting one on one with my weight loss clients. I help to re-educate them on how to develop a healthier relationship/lifestyle with food. I celebrate with them when they reach their weight loss goal.

I spend the other half of my day as a fitness coach in our Curves circuit, helping our members improve their health through physical fitness.

We try to provide our clients/members a very upbeat centre to walk into. We always maintain a positive attitude and make everyone feel that they're number one.

The most difficult part of my job is seeing my clients struggle.

The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing my clients improve their health through diet and exercise.
Pros
It is rewarding to help people
Cons
It is difficult when I am unable to help my clients
Working at Curves
Zumba Fitness Instructor (Former Employee) –  Campbell, CAMay 6, 2017
I taught Zumba for an hour .The customers also used exercise equipment as well. They would switch off every minute from Zumba to machines. It was a Zumba Circuit class
Pros
Cons
Rude customers
Horrible Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  IllinoisApril 26, 2017
Stressful work environment, bad management, repairs are not made or ignored, product not worth the money. Too much time wasted on meetings on how to get more money from clients.
Pros
it's a job
Cons
if you're not depressed already, you'll get there
micro-management, poor staff commuinications, HR inadequate
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAMarch 31, 2017
JC/Curves lacks ability to allow for improvement- Management is unprepared and unskilled to train adequately and there is little to no HR advocacy to allow staff development and support .
Good idea for exercise, not well-structured
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Oberlin, OHJanuary 16, 2017
As an owner/operator of Curves, I believed the product of the exercise system was valuable and would reach and help a large variety of women meet their health and exercise goals. Curves did not have a good support structure in place to assist their owners in being profitable. They also had a diet program that, in my opinion, was hard to follow and an unhealthy way to lose weight. If they had partnered with Weight Watchers, which was their plan when I became an owner, then it would have been much more of a success.
Pros
Helping women reach their health goals
Cons
Expensive to own, no managerial support, bad diet plan
Good place
Consultant/ Trainer (Current Employee) –  Folsom, CAJanuary 14, 2017
Love the people. Great staff.super organized. Very family oriented. Love the fitness and team. Love the way the contribute to the city. Over all a really good franchise.
Pros
Work out for free
Cons
Not enough hours