Cushing Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Country hospital
Peri-operative Nurse (Former Employee) –  Leavenworth, KSFebruary 6, 2015
Small minded staff with little experience and nearly none outside of this hospital! They were too relaxed about regulations for me to be comfortable working there.
Pros
convenient
Cons
behind in the medical field
Positive work environment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Leavenworth,KAAugust 6, 2014
Management was supportive and help when needed. Positive training. Always had what I needed for my work day.
GREAT hospital
EMT (Former Employee) –  Leavenworth, KSDecember 28, 2013
Loved the people I worked with. Loved the patients and enjoyed taking care of all the different people. management was awesome and really cared about you.
Good company
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee) –  Leavenworth, KSJuly 31, 2013
Good company to work for and great people to work with!! Flexible work schedule.
Outpatient therapy is a great place to work at Cushing
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Leavenworth, KSOctober 2, 2012
I enjoyed working in outpatient therapy with everyone. Very hardworking and caring to patients and each other.
All in all, working at Cushing was not only a place where I could put to use what I studied in college, but gave me more hands on experience.
Psych Tech/counselor (Former Employee) –  Leavenworth, KSJuly 1, 2012
The first thing we Psych Techs do when we arrive at work, is to greet all present. We then go into a room usually alone and play the progress and instructional tape about the patients from the night before. Then, we check the scheduling for the days activities which encompases passing out breakfastes or lunches. Next comes reading the latest files on the new people. If someone comes in, we do intake and later interviews with incoming patient. We write a report on the substance of the one on one and pass it on the the shift staff nurse. It would probably be time for our first group with existing patients. We psych techs facilitate the group noting progress or not that each patient is making. We mainly let them talk about whatever is on their minds, but sticking to relevant subjects for the most part. The patients get about two breaks a shift but we always monitor their whereabouts, always watching closely patients with suicide ideation. There was one other psych tech. who had been there long before me and who was great at showing me the ropes. The hardest part of the job for me was when we were not busy,but that ussually did't last too long. Some patients would go off normal behavior and that would always be a challenge. But for the most part, It was enjoyable seeing most of the patients improve on a daily basis. Some incorrigibles and those who were too mentally ill would be reported to the psychiatrist on staff after a few days of no improvement. Let me add that holding group was one of the most enjoyable part of the day.
Pros
great team work
Cons
not enough work for the distance i had to travel.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cushing Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.