Cushman & Wakefield has an opening for a Senior Operations Director for our office in downtown Los Angeles. The primary objective of this chief administrative position is to partner with the Market Leader to provide leadership and direction to the branch by managing a profitable operation that provides superior service to our revenue producers, clients, and employees.
The Senior Operations Director will work closely with the Market Leader, Corporate Finance and Human Resources in the implementation of strategic initiatives and is responsible for implementing human resources, finance, and operational procedures, programs and initiatives in the branch as well as ensuring compliance to regulatory and corporate policies.
The scope of responsibilities includes:
- People management: provide management oversight for salaried staff functions; responsible for implementing staff assessment and professional development programs in order to attract, retain, and motivate the very best talent; provide oversight for recruiting, on boarding, performance management, employee coaching and counseling and policy adherence; take timely action to correct unsatisfactory conditions or performance issues that may arise in the branch
- Financial management: Provide leadership and implement policies related to operations, in conjunction with the guidelines of all C&W corporate departments; manage branch commissions, financial and accounting administration; develop annual budget and strategic plans in conjunction with Market Leader; manage profitability of branch operations by providing ongoing reviews of revenue projections, operating plans, budget, expenses, and EBITDA performance
- Infrastructure management: Oversees office technology implementation, upgrades and support, facilities, telecommunications , emergency preparedness and business continuity planning; adherence to C&W systems
To be successful in this position you will need to have a minimum of 10+ years of combined financial, human resources and operations management experience with top leadership, implementation and strategy skills. Sound judgment, discretion and the ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information are critical.
Minimum Qualifications & Required Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Commercial real estate experience a plus
- Excellent knowledge of accounting, ability to read, comprehend and analyze a Profit and Loss statement; strong forecasting and planning skills
- Excellent knowledge of human resources practices, policies and regulations
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills and the ability to develop strong relationships among all staff levels
- Ability to work on multiple tasks with high attention to detail and accuracy
- High energy and the ability to work independently as well as understand how to navigate in a matrix-managed organization
- Competency in Microsoft Office Suite
If you possess the skills necessary to thrive in a dynamic environment, we offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and a genuine career opportunity.
For consideration, send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements as a PDF. Please include job title in subject line.
No phone calls/agencies please.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer