Cushman and Wakefield

Cushman and Wakefield Employee Reviews in United States

Office setting. Cubicle work environment.
Senior Transactions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 14, 2015
Cushman and Wakefield is a great company, and if I would have stayed in St. Louis, I would have stayed with the company. There is a company affiliated with the Cushman and Wakefield alliance, here in Austin, but unfortunately, there was no available position.
Pros
Flexibility, security.
Cons
Frustrating system with several road blocks and the inability to use creativity to solve problems.
Difficult but rewarding work environment
Associate (Current Employee) –  East Rutherford, NJNovember 29, 2015
In brokerage you are usually placed within a brokerage team. One's experience is highly dependent on your team leaders. An Associate's main role is to develop new business. This includes learning the market, walking buildings with prospective clients, doing research on companies in your market, networking and a lot of cold-calling to generate new meetings and clients.

It is certainly a very cut-throat environment where most do not succeed. But there is a lot of upside. I think the best thing about the job is that you learn a lot very quickly and that you get a lot of exposure to C-Level executives in a wide range of industries.
Pros
High-income potential
Cons
Your income is highly dependent on the clients you generate
Enterprise Architecture to be removed by DTZ
Sr. Technical Architect (Contract) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 22, 2015
I was assigned to write new IT Governance Practices for Cushman & Wakefield. At the same time they were purchased by DTZ. After months of workI was informed that they would be dissolving the Enterprise Architecture department, removing Cushman IT Legacy managers, and would not need an IT Governance Practices for a Global Real Estate company.
ice cream treats
Administrative Assistant - Temp (Former Employee) –  SAN FRANCISCO CAOctober 22, 2015
Good company to have worked for; worked with real estate brokers, assisting in bids and proposals documentations; Provided office support. Learned much about real estate property bids, management. lease, sales, so forth; Great group of co-workers. Fun, enjoyable experience working with and assisting the brokers; No hard part of the job.
Pros
Good job
Na
IT Assistant/Mailroom Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  MDOctober 26, 2015
IT Assistant/Mailroom Operations Assistant
Picked up, delivered and processed mail for over 1,500 Discovery employees
Processed express mail for Express Mail, FedEx, UPS and DHL
Worked on loading dock, driving forklifts, shipping, receiving, loading and unloading trucks, dumping trash and
cleaning the building
Manually entered all incoming mail via computerized mail processing software, as well as maintained detail record of
all incoming/outgoing packages for tracking purposes via MS Excel Spreadsheet
Received, processed, sorted and accurately delivered incoming mail according to Departmental/Employee destination
Trained new hires on all hardware equipment and software processes
Responded to inquiries from mail and shipping recipients via phone, email and/or fax
Traveled to and managed different locations when needed
Pros
NA
Cons
NA
Great Team Building
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 8, 2015
There were a lot of team building activities which, overall made the everyday vibe a great one. Working closely with my colleagues helped when brainstorm sessions, or problem solving needs would arise. Everyone had the same common goal and was eager to help each team member meet it. The company is family oriented, something that is very important to me. They are flexible and understanding of life situations and more than willing to offer a helping hand. I was honored to witness some of the selfless acts done by my fellow co workers in times of need for others, not only in our company, but in the community. One of the best things this company offered was one VTO day per year. A paid day for volunteering.
Pros
Benefits, team building events, location.
Cons
Inability to use creativity at the particular property I was at.
Good culture
SENIOR MANAGER (Former Employee) –  New Delhi, INMarch 11, 2016
Good culture and a nice place to work. Good learning and good people. over all a nice place to work . Good management and a healthy work life balance. Recommended place to work
A typical day at work
Assistant Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 16, 2015
usually i enjoy to delegate my jobs to others like My Supervisors, i have 4 of them under my Supervision, they are the one who control all of the job need to be done on a daily basis time, we monitoring people to do their jobs on a safe way we can tell them, to be Assistant Manager make me feel great with others and try to do my best as i can on a daily assignments projects jobs arrives thru the work orders. The hardest work to do is a takes disciplynaries action thru the workers and tell them what they can do and can't do to behave themselves.
Pros
growing and development on the job site
Cons
Characteristics on the job behaviers
Great place for experienced self starter
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 3, 2015
pros:
Entrepreneurial environment
Great Resources
Great people

Cons:
No Training
Business dominated by old guard
I would not recommend a new associate. You must be seasoned to succeed here.
A company committed to quality
Air Condition Engineer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 5, 2015
The management at Cushman & Wakefield is committed to providing the highest level of service to the tenants in the building. I have gain a great amount of experience at this site, it's a fast pace critical equipment operation, you must be able to think quickly and act fast in order to solve unforeseen problems.
Pros
Lots of training and chiller plant operation, emergency backup system
Office at The Pearl
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 3, 2015
It's a quiet environment. The office at the Pearl is nice. My co-workers are nice and everyone works really hard. Commercial brokers are independent contractors so it's not really a team environment. I like the work but am seeking something more challenging.
Pros
Nice Office
Cons
Traffic
Poorly managed with horrible pay
Senior Brokerage Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 18, 2015
The managers need to provide more direction as well as structure for their respective departments. Pay is extremely low for the industry, and there is almost no room for growth.
Great working environment
Facility Manager WellPoint Properties Virginia (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 6, 2015
I enjoyed working with the experienced team I had to work with. We accomplished many goals and reduced the budget by a considerate amount.
Fast paced and a great learning environment.
Project Designer (Current Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOOctober 19, 2015
Growing comnpany. Great place to learn processes and understand lease language in relation to design and construction, vendor management and establishing relationships with clients.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Compensation
No Job Security
Site Maintenance Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Dodge, IAOctober 20, 2015
Director of Operations and Account Director try and manage remotely and creates large communications gap. Upper management lacks the experience to operate remotely.
Pros
Great client
Cons
Upper management lacks experience
Leader in the industry
Operations Manager - 8 Properties (Former Employee) –  Carson, CANovember 1, 2015
Proud to have worked for C&W. They strive to be the premier management company. Leader in the Los Angeles area, known for their reputation. Good benefits and salary.
Pros
Independence
Cons
Resources
Professional Services
senior vice president (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 31, 2015
Commercial real estate services firm, growing through mergers and acquisitions. Vast expansion of services, talent and locations. Challenging and exciting opportunities.
Pros
Big Firm
Cons
Too Big Firm
Successful company offers successful personal growth
Project Manager ● (Gartner) (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTAugust 27, 2015
Cushman and Wakefield offers to their employees the chance to gain professional experience and grow personally. The team members found great motivation to meet their goals and objectives by their managers. I am grateful for the opportunity I was given.
Work enviroment
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  New York metropolitan areaOctober 13, 2015
Meeting with the client (Verizon), coordinating work actives, site visits, correspondence, negotiating change orders, reviewing project financial data
Pros
Consistent contact with the client
Cons
Corporate protocols
Great Work/Life Balance
Lease Analyst/ Lease Administration (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 27, 2015
Great benefits, good job security. The best company I have worked for when it comes to Work/Life Balance.
The most enjoyable part of this job was the fact that it constantly challenged me and I was learning new things on a daily basis. I worked for this company for three years and only left because I had to take care of my family.

I honestly didn't care much for my co-workers, which was ok to me as I was always busy and I kept it to myself.
The hardest part was to learn the systems/database- the company needs a more structured way of training new people- I had to learn everything on my own and ask a lot of questions. If you are not a quick learner/self taught, this is not a job for you.
Pros
Job Work/Life Balance and Benefits
Cons
No space for advancement. No training- you learn it on your own by reading the protocol