CUSTARD INSURANCE ADJUSTERS Employee Reviews

very limited for promotion
Sr Casualty Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 25, 2017
if you get on the wrong side of management you will receive a very limited amount of claims, which limits your potential income, and there's nothing you can do about it. Management does not like being questioned about the pay scale. They state you receive 50% of the billed time, but what they don't tell you is that they take 30% off the top for office expenses/phone. in reality you will make less than 35%!
Pros
interesting job
Cons
poor management/deceptive promises
Typical Office Environment
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJune 30, 2017
Working in Custard as an admin is basically your typical cubicle job. There is some flexibility with your hours, but progress within the company is slow. The work environment is not chaotic, but the management style here is the typical top-to-bottom framework, so it feels like the employee's opinions are not valued as much as they should be. As an adjuster, be prepared to work long hours and a hectic workload, especially in the bigger cities.
Pros
Schedule Flexibility, calm work environment
Cons
Top-to-bottom management style
Love this place
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAFebruary 18, 2017
Wonderful place to work. Bosses are wonderful, and everyone is completely down to earth. Anyone will be willing to help you with whatever you need. Always looking out for their employees.
Pros
Great people
Cons
N/a
Laid back environment
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GANovember 11, 2016
Laid back environment with little to no micro-managing. Work Life balance is the best part of the job. Much older workplace and nepotism is rampant. Not much room for advancement so get used to working in the position you were hired for.
Pros
Free coffee and laid back environment
Cons
Nepotism, management does not help you, and little to no training.
Fun place but going threw two many major changes too fast
Claims Manager (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Center, MNJuly 11, 2016
There is a new management who has stepped in and are making major changes and are not listening to what is not working.
Property portion of the company has taken over.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Unrealistic expectations
Laid back insurance adjuster office
CSR (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAJuly 9, 2016
My day consisted of answering phones to initiate auto insurance claims and Motor Vehicle Transportation accidents. I learned everything they taught me and did quite well. However the workplace was not very friendly and getting help was almost non existent. There was no security and the business had a 24 hour line so there was always someone working. However, leaving the building at night with no security in the parking lot was less than safe for me.
Pros
Laid back atmosphere
Cons
Co workers were not very friendly and there was no security at night
Challenging Job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXAugust 7, 2015
This job required a lot from me but it was a wonderful learning experience. My boss was very patient and taught me everything. I was able to run the office at times without him being there and hardly had to call with questions. There are offices all over the US and they were all easy to get along with and real helpful.
Pros
Excellent management
Cons
N/a
Claims Representative
Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GASeptember 30, 2014
Flexible and fun work place where job security is not an issue, which results in a low turnover rate resulting in minimal opportunity to advance
Very Structured
Gneral Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 24, 2014
Very difficult company to work for. Very limited support from management, however, the workload was enough to gain a strong knowledge of the losses handled.
Pros
Large workload
Cons
Not enough managerial support
I learned a lot about third party insurance.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 14, 2014
My typical day at worked include entering insurance information in the computer system, answering phones and other office work assigned. The manager is not a micro manager and will assist you in answering any questions you may have. I enjoyed the work because it kept me on my toes. The most enjoyable part of the day was to enter information in the system.
I am the only one in my office and enjoy being my own boss for a really good company.
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAFebruary 9, 2013
I enjoy coming to work everyday and being able to help others at a time when they have experienced some type of loss.The hardest part is on-site accidents with fatalities.I am pretty much my own boss and have contact with my boss about once a month.My typical day is completing or creating claim reports, providing estimates, or on-site at a property or casualty loss.
Interesting work that allows opportunities to meet nice people.
Property Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Bettendorf, IAOctober 2, 2012
This is a work from home job that pays well for a part time job.
Pros
the flexablilty allows for time with famiily and/or a second job.
Cons
work pressure due to the 24/7 on call duty for specific clients.
Great Co and benefits.
Branch Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 19, 2012
Mgmt was good. Flexible. Was some what happy their. But, too much work for 1 admin.

Benifits were great