CUSTOM COMMUNICATIONS Employee Reviews

Great coworkers and management
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  MissouriSeptember 30, 2017
I have been working for Custom since May and I love it so far. I have great coworkers, a great manager, and overall, great customers. The pay is pretty good, I just wish they would leave the pay structure alone. My only complaint is that we never have anything in stock. Yes, we can direct fulfill devices, but most of our customers do not want to wait the extra week or so to receive it. Other than that, I haven’t had any issues with anyone in the company. Everyone I have met from the company is super nice and helpful. Best job so far.
Pros
Friendly, great work environment, pay, good insurance
Cons
Limited inventory
This is for a single person
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNSeptember 21, 2017
All the way around, this job is great.This job is fantastic for someone that is single and doesn't mind living at work. The culture is very driven. Learned a lot from the management group.
Pros
benefits, bonus, commission
Cons
Great company with great people
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  IllinoisSeptember 18, 2017
In the interest of full disclosure, I've been with the company a few years now. A lot of the red I've read seem like they're from people who either haven't been with the company long or quit after a short amount of time.

In my experience with this company, I've seen a lot of reps come and go. The ones who haven't stayed usually didn't really understand what the job was when they took it. They tell every nee hire about their culture and DNA. I tell people, culture is what we do; DNA is who we are. Custom Communications expects their employees to have gratitude (not entitled or a chronic complainer), compassion (for customers and each other), and faith (that drives you to succeed). In return, they offer leadership, frequent coaching and daily inspiration.

Finally, this is a sales-driven company. If you're looking for a job that allows you to just sit back and clerk deals, try McDonald's or Wal-Mart. They're always hiring. But if you're looking for a career in sales, then give Custom Communications a chance.
Pros
Unlimited earning potential, advancement possibilities
Cons
Longer hours for leadership but it can't be helped
Great enviornment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 18, 2017
A typical day at work was data entry, filing, scanning, etc. I am not pleased with upper management. I think they don't know how to manage appropriately.
Energetic, high demanding, competitive
Regional Area Leader (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 14, 2017
Custom communications is a great and caring workplace, The owners were very understanding and care very much about the employees. I have nothing horrible to say about a company that has helped me grow and evolved me into a better person and district manager. I would like to add that they are very competitive which i like and the environment is fun.
Pros
M-f 9-5, great leadership
Applicant beware... PLEASE READ
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hopkins, MNAugust 28, 2017
Let me start by saying this review is long. I never leave reviews for anything, but I want to stop someone from making a terrible mistake.

I worked for this company for 5 months and it is definitely not what it seems. They preach faith, compassion, gratitude, lead, coach, and inspire as the culture and DNA but they don't actually live by it. I was hired on as an ASM and our location didn't have a SM so I was acting as the store manager. During that time I was over worked and under paid, besides the overtime. I wasn't getting paid on any store bonuses nor could I make commission on my own sales since I had to train and run store operations. Then randomly I get promoted to SM but it had nothing to do with my hard work, but because the company didn't want to keep paying me overtime. No one told me I was promoted the only reason I found out was because I happened to look at my pay rate. There is no "congratulations" for work you do. I ended up in the hospital from over working myself and no one cared yet they preach such culture and DNA. My location was always slow but we still put up numbers. The slowest month traffic wise was actually our best when compared to the other 4 months of the store being open, but no one cared. I even asked for development from upper management so I could better myself as a leader and no tried to help, but from what I was told they would always talk about how they doubted me.

The commission structure is terrible and there's no ramp up for new hires. You won't get your first paycheck for a month since they pay in arrears, so have money saved up.
  more... The company waste money on having your DM watch you on camera instead of paying you for your work.

Inventory levels are horrible. At my location my reps lost so many sales because we didn't have what they wanted in stock. I had to keep an upbeat attitude and remind them that we can always ship to the customer, but that can only work so many times and try telling a family moving multiple lines over from another carrier they have to wait...doesn't always work or create a good experience. There is no variety when it comes to accessories; there's literally 4-5 different cases in 2-3 different colors for the iPhones, 2-3 cases for the S8, and everything else 1-2 cases. Trying to build an accessory bundle for a customer with multiple cases doesn't leave much room for creativity. It took my location 4 months to get prepaid phones in our inventory and 4 months to get the iPad 5th gen in inventory. The worst part about not having the iPad is AT&T had a promotion going on with the iPhone and iPad, literally set up for failure and the company doesn't realize it.

I have work in wireless for years and worked for many different 3rd party retailers and this company is by far the WORST, AT&T should reconsider their relationship with them because they are an embarrassment to the brand.

There's definitely more way more but I feel this review is already long.
Pros
It's a job
Believe The Ratings
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 16, 2017
Any reviews rated 2 stars and under about this company...believe them. It’s not worth it. Poor pay, poor commission and bonus structure, no work-life balance, poor leadership, slow locations, lack of consistent inventory, no security for thefts and robberies, no pto, no growth for employees, no raises, high expectations for slow locations, and hiring of unfitting employees. Seems like they’ll hire anyone. It’s been people that couldn’t even make it through training.
Pros
Service discounts
Cons
Everything else
August 16, 2017

We have recently reevaluated the pay system to best optimize your ability to make a livable wage. However, since this is an ATT Authorized Retailer sales job, your pay strongly depends on the commission you are making throughout the day. Also, once you have worked with us for a year, you do earn PTO with our company. As far as growth, we have promoted many of our employees who have been with us less than a year to Team Leaders and we pride ourselves in our efforts to promote from within. We are growing rapidly, which provides promotion opportunities for all our employees. Since there is so many issues to address on this post, please email us at CCIdirectors@gmail.com for more answers to specific questions.

Custom Communications
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 6, 2017
It can be a very demanding, and there is a lot of unnecessary extra work for an under paid for a sales position. Not a great place to work if you are at a slow location. You do make commission.
Pros
Benefits after 3 months. Paid time off
August 16, 2017

Thank you for the 4 star rating even though your comments seem as if we did not do a good job in providing a great work environment for you. We recognize that it can be a demanding job, which should be equating to higher commissions. Mark Wahlberg is working diligently on driving more traffic to slow locations. ;)

avoid
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 2, 2017
very disorganized, bad management and communication, they are more concerned with you wearing their dress code even in the back room while on training then actually getting customers to come into the store. they are sticklers for all the classic appearances almost reminiscent of the way multi-level marketing scammers are and they also have an over zealous attendance policy during the month of training where if you miss 2 days you lose the job, doesnt matter if it was not your fault or even if it hurt them to lose you.... while talking to employees there it was evident they made barely over minimum wage.
Pros
extremely easy almost felt lazy
Cons
boring, bad training, nothing to do all day
August 16, 2017

We strive to hire employees who are consistent and reliable. Our training is a 2 week process, so missing 2 days is substantial and it shows that you may be unreliable. Also our dress code consisting of polos, jeans, and tennis shoes is a very relaxed dress code that we expect to be adhered to.

Not worth it
RSC (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 23, 2017
This company isn't what I thought it'd be. Pay is horrible. And the commission is always changing. And it's crazy how bad the commison is for selling a phone. They care more about DIRECTV now but obviously it's a phone store and that's what most people come for. I have a great manager so management is great it's just the pay is terrible and my location is very slow so it's not much of a chance to make alot money off of sales especially when you have three other people there trying to make money as well. And they expect too much out of u for the little pay.
Pros
Discounts on phone service
Cons
Pay, rude customers
August 16, 2017

ATT is no longer just a phone company, it is an entertainment company. We do focus on selling DirectTV because selling one DirectTV in a day will add $5.60 PER HOUR to your 8 hour base wage for the day! If you sell DirectTV and Internet it adds $8.75 onto your hourly wage, which essentially DOUBLES your paycheck. We are dedicated to making sure you have every opportunity to make a fair commission, so we absolutely focus on the ways to do that for our employees. We see that you are a current employee, so we would encourage you to express more of your concerns via email at CCIdirectors@gmail.com.

Run away from this company GO TO CORPORATE AT&T
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 16, 2017
If you value making money, being paid correctly and on time don't work here. You will only get advanced if you are friends or went to high school with management. If you didn't they will sell you false hopes. They pay structures changes often so you pretty much never get paid what you are suppose to. Mia calculated bonuses or just not receiving a bonus at all. Management stealing sells from reps. Reps get fired just because they are not liked. This job is not merit based at all, no matter what goal you reach. Management steals and fraud customers rep gets blamed and fired for it ( current employee)
Pros
You get to wear jeans
Cons
Miscalculated checks, wrong bonuses, favoritism
August 16, 2017

ATT is evolving on a daily basis, so we do our best to adjust the pay structure in order to give you the best commissions possible. We know that mistakes in pay have occurred in the past and we rectified the situation as soon as possible. We do have an assets protection department and we would encourage you to please email us at CCIdirectors@gmail.com so that we can investigate the stealing and the fraud that you mentioned. We also have a tip line you can call to report theft and fraud: 866-959-0951. Either way you contact us, we will be sure to keep it anonymous.

Seems great !
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 12, 2017
Have just recently been through training and a tarted in a store. The leadership I've worked with so far are all about teamwork and coaching and leading. I think that if you want to succeed and perform instead of sitting around expecting to collect a check this is one of the best place you could be.
Pros
Contest, prizes, service discounts.
Cons
Retail hours
August 16, 2017

Thank you for understanding our company culture and knowing that it takes a team of great leaders to make a company successful. We couldn’t agree more that it takes hard work to be successful!!

great earning potential, Management needs more organization
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAApril 3, 2017
working for customs has been a great experience, and i have learned so much about the company, and their strong determination to strive to be a better company.
Pros
good pay, guaranteed jobs
Cons
on the move constantly, little or no time for lunches
August 16, 2017

Thank your feedback, we appreciate both the praise and criticism.

horrible support
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  WisconsinMarch 2, 2017
corporate does not support its stores or listen to employees. they are too worried about growth not on employees. want you to push products that are not even available and set unrealistic goals
August 16, 2017

We are so sorry you feel as if corporate does not care about you. We have many programs in place and rolling out such as Custom University, Personal Growth University, and Custom Cares (all free of charge to our employees) to show that we do care about each and every one of our employees. Details concerning these programs are forthcoming.

Do yourself a favor and work for corporate AT&T
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 8, 2017
This company is a joke. Management is horrific. Commission structure changes often. The only thing you are taught to do is constantly lie to custimers. Expectations are way to high. Paychecks are never correct, and they never pay you your full commission. Very deceiving. Would lie about growth opportunities, just to keep you in a location you least desired. Please beware this authorized detailer.
Pros
I met some amazing people.
Cons
Management, paycheck always incorrect
August 16, 2017

Due to a recent shift in ATT’s strategy toward entertainment, pay structure has changed and we acknowledge that it caused errors in pay recently. We did our best to correct those paychecks to get all commission paid as quickly as we could. Our company has grown more than 300% in the last 3 years so we absolutely have growth opportunities for all of our employees and pride ourselves with doing our best to promote within our company.

Not the place you want to be
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  ColoradoFebruary 6, 2017
Poor management from not even my own manager but everyone above him. Can't get an answer to anything with out days upon days of asking. Home office people have no clue as to what the heck is going on. favoritism is a thing with this company. And I wouldn't care if the pay wasn't awful. They lie to you non stop from the point you submit an application to when you've been there a few months it doesn't stop. Meet goals and get a pat on the back with no money in your pocket.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Management and pay
August 16, 2017

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. It’s painful to hear that you feel that you were lied to from the beginning and we would love to discuss more if you want to email us at CCIdirectors@gmail.com

Worst contractors to work for
Technician (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaFebruary 3, 2017
Company has favorites especially management. Pay stinks as you have to be an A tech and sell to customers that don't want anything , or your knocked to D pay. Management does not help at all they could care less. Chargebacks are rediculous. Worst company ever! Trying to find a new company to work for. Your a contractor but they treat you like an employee without the pay and benefits!
Pros
Cons
Pay, management
Do not apply
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  ILJanuary 10, 2017
Terrible place to work, bonuses not paid on time, Incompetent management. I would not recommend working here. Inventory was always extremely limited.
Pros
Cons
Pay, Management, lack on inventory, upward mobility
Worst Company
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 16, 2016
This company is a joke! Management Sleeping with staff. Staff working they're way up Just by sleeping with management. ALWAYS promises about moving up in the company but never Do. Nothing ever gets resolved because all managers and DMs are close so no resolution ever. Pay sucks unless you're really hustling to make money. Never would I recommend this job to anyone.
Benefits
Cons
Management. The Overall Company
sucks
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ILDecember 14, 2016
this is a horrible place to work. Management is horrible and from the top down they do a terrible job of giving you the keys to succeed
August 16, 2017

We are sorry to hear this has been your experience thus far. To address this concern, we recently created a leadership development team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CUSTOM COMMUNICATIONS. Our community is ready to answer.

2.1