CUSTOM COMMUNICATIONS Employee Reviews

Worst Company
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 16, 2016
This company is a joke! Management Sleeping with staff. Staff working they're way up Just by sleeping with management. ALWAYS promises about moving up in the company but never Do. Nothing ever gets resolved because all managers and DMs are close so no resolution ever. Pay sucks unless you're really hustling to make money. Never would I recommend this job to anyone.
Benefits
Cons
Management. The Overall Company
Not what they say they are.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  TennesseeNovember 5, 2016
Like many of the other reviews stated, you are worked like slaves for terrible pay. There is not support from management when needed leaving you to deal with all the issues by yourself and get cussed by customers over something management just doesn't want to deal with. Job posting states $47,000 which is far from the truth, possibly a few people of the thousands that work there actually make that managers don't even make that amount most of the time. They make the rules up as they go along to benefit the upper management.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Under paid, terrible management, under trained, no upper management support it's like a circus show
Most days you want to quit
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  MissouriMarch 15, 2016
I worked here for 2 1/2 years and it is honestly one of the best places I had ever worked up until the last month or so I was there. You have to know just the right people to ever get to move up. If your looking for fair promotion and/or work load to be split evenly. FORGET ABOUT IT! Under the right manager it isn't as bad. I worked in 5 Stores over my time and they can go down hill quickly under the right set of unfair rules and unjust punishments. Custom as a whole has a good handle on most things but they could defiantly use some touching up on a few undeserving higher ups.

Pay can be decent if your in the Top 10% of reps in the company.
Pros
1 Hour Lunches
Do not apply
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  ILJanuary 10, 2017
Terrible place to work, bonuses not paid on time, Incompetent management. I would not recommend working here. Inventory was always extremely limited.
Pros
Cons
Pay, Management, lack on inventory, upward mobility
Managment will tell you anything you want to hear
Retail/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Benton, ILNovember 19, 2015
Management will tell you what is needed to get you to take a promotion even if it will mean a decrease in pay. When asked to honor their words they have all kinds of reasons why they don't remember. They require you to go to training at moments notice some times 3 hours away and only pay hourly. There have also been many times that I have lost sales commission 1 year after the sale for a customer canceling service even though our handbook says 6 month max for chargebacks. currently have many staffing issues meaning that at times I am required to work open to close one to two days a week with no breaks unless I close the store and they don't like that. Upper management do not show apparition for associates and rarely come in store other than to point out what you are doing wrong.
Pros
Full time ok benifits
Cons
no breaks most days, no compensation for missed comission during training.
Job is a real joke
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 3, 2016
Management sucks they show favoritism company is full of it pay sucks commission stucture sucks. I would not recommend this company to anyone
Pros
Suck
Cons
Sucks
Don't take this job if you want a life!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Troy, MOApril 22, 2016
Don't take this job if you have ANY social or family life. Your managers will require you to work whatever schedule they want whether it's closing everyday or every weekend. They don't care. The higher ups don't care about you individually, just the numbers you put out. On a slow day if you only see 3 customers you will get yelled at for not selling the bigger products to them. And the managers will be down right rude to you if you're not an expert sales rep.
Hope you don't like family time cause they don't care if your kid is sick and dying you need to be at work or you'll hear about it forever. Just not a very fun atmosphere. Especially in certain locations.
And if you're off an a weekend they still expect you to get on business calls even just as a rep. So say goodbye to sleeping in on your Saturday off.
Plus there's loads of favoritism.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Management, schedule
sucks
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ILDecember 14, 2016
this is a horrible place to work. Management is horrible and from the top down they do a terrible job of giving you the keys to succeed
horrible
sales (Former Employee) –  st joseph missouriDecember 31, 2013
I got fired for "lack of effort" but two other girls where gone with in two weeks after I was let go. They lied about my paychecks had to threaten with lawyer. The men would steal sales from the women and management allowed it. Even though I sold more then the guy training I was still fired. If you want the painful experience go for it rude comments and nasty morbid jokes towards the female gender. Red sky is a better company or the actual at&t.
Pros
money, paid hour brakes
Cons
equality reliability lies about your paychecks
Not what I expected.
Sales (Current Employee) –  TennesseeJanuary 11, 2016
Lots of hours, ok pay, no paid training, go all the way to Brentwood to train on the drop of a dime, have to baby sit a store you can't sell from so pretty much a wasted day at least once a week, favoritism and brown nosing are critically to stick around, no breaks most days, computers don't work half the time and everything is a threat...meaning do it or its a write up no matter what.
Pros
No Pros.
Cons
Cons are in the review, this is not an exaggeration.
This was a great place to work
Sub contractor (Former Employee) –  Arden, NCJuly 10, 2012
I started the day by going to the office around 6:30 or 7 AM, and was at the first customers home by 8 AM. I learned allot about routing, and management. I had moved to South Carolina to help run an office, but Dish gave the contract to another company. The co-workers are still some of my fiend. We were a team and looked out for one another. The hardest thing about the job is the unpredictable hours. You might start at eight and get home around nine at night. The best thing about this job was the people that worked there and the pay. The manager were great. they wold do anything for you, and if you were willing to learn, then you can move up in this company.
Pros
the company as a whole
Cons
working in the rain and snow.
wonderful, fun, productive,
Dispatcher / Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 19, 2016
This work place is full of energy and enthusiatic people. Everyone from the front desk people down to the janitoral staff are very sweet. you enjoy buliding relationships with new people. As well as working with kids which is exicting.
Good Sales Position
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Sevierville, TNFebruary 4, 2016
This company compensates very well and hard work will pay off. Be prepared to get out of your comfort zone with what sales tactics you think you know.
Working at Custom Communications
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Garner, NCMay 5, 2015
The company has a good working environment and good pay. The only down side is management is poor. There are "favorites" and managers are quick to blame those below them have them suffer the consequences, including termination.
Pros
Good enviroment, Good Pay, Steady Hours
Cons
Managment
If you're gonna be a bear be a grizzly
A Level Technician (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 23, 2015
Custom Communications fills some of the most demanding requests from large clients and provides an environment for technicians to come into their own and really make a lot of money... more than they can anywhere else for the same work. This business or this kind of work (on the road good or bad, customer homes good or bad, weather good or bad, etc...) is not for everyone. Managing your own business is not for everyone, which is what our technicians do well. This is why we are paid so well.

If you want to be in this business & do this kind of work (which there are a lot of other places to give this a shot, I know them...I have their numbers... it's a small community in this business believe it or not) then there's no better place to be for stability, workload, incentives & income potential than Custom Communications, Inc.

Anyone that doesn't make here just doesn't want to do this kind of work period. So yeah there's a lot of money to make but I earn every cent... we work hard, we play hard. We are the best which is why I know I'll have the route I want tomorrow. I can't say that at the last three contractors I pulled work from. If you are interested then just come see for yourself, tell them 2341 sent you because they'll pay me a commission when you start making money - ha!
Pros
Best pay for the best techs
Cons
We have 260 successfull techs that are too busy making money to write online reviews
awful
SATELLITE CABLE INSTALLATION TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  columbia, scMay 13, 2015
terrible experience I do not recommend, I wouldn't wish this company on an enemy. bad pay, bad management, no resources or training
atmosphere
Customer Service Telephone Representative (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLMay 16, 2013
not too much about this particular job, management has alot of favoritism in the workplace.. good people to work with in the call center though
Pros
the people you work with
Cons
no fairness
A great company to work for with the freedom to outside and to bring a great product to people who really need it.
Internet Installer (Current Employee) –  2640 Nevada Avenue Ste. 7 Norfolk, VAJanuary 15, 2014
I install Verizon Home Fusion 4G LTE Internet service for customers and provide them with the knowledge to use it and to access their account information/ billing, etc.. and have them sign a service agreement . I then have to invoice my job (onsite )on a Verizon tablet before using gps to get directions to my next install. I love every part of the job. The only issue I have is that the workload has diminished to the point of barely making ends meet , which forces me to look for alternate employment.
job was ok
Telephone Operator (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLDecember 17, 2012
the job itself was an ok job, just alot of disrespectful customers. management was at times very unfair. loved the people you work with
Pros
co workers
Cons
management
just horrible
Installer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCDecember 15, 2013
dont do it.. Horrible management. Horrible pay. Drive 200 to 300 miles a day
Pros
Cons
everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CUSTOM COMMUNICATIONS. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4