Custom Courier Solutions, Inc. Employee Reviews

great job
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 16, 2017
great job great employees fair pay, good hours, overtime available,possible advancement in company, managers are fair and nice everyone treated equally
Custom Courier
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYSeptember 4, 2017
Seasonal work, Grabbed items to be packaged and shipped out to various stores for the holiday season. Staff pleasant and willing to train appropriately.
Pros
Excellent staff
Cons
I was discriminated against and terminated
Data Entry Clerk/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 1, 2017
The higher up doesn't talk to people well and she is very disrespectful. I wasn't trained correctly and I got terminated for that reason. I will never forget how custom courier made me feel and how they treated me.
Pros
Overnight
Cons
Disrespectful management, underpaid, bad training
Fast paced work enviroment
Warehouse Associate/Driver (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 6, 2017
You work in a very fast paced environment. The employees make it a fun place to work and most of the work isn't to hard. What makes things difficult is cooperate.
Great to work. Open opportunity
Driver (Current Employee) –  1600 Lexington aveJuly 30, 2017
Good place to learn how to organize and take as well as deliver product to customers in a timely fashion. Also it give you a chance amd expiriance to become an independent driver.
Syracuse
Driver (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJuly 12, 2017
No pay raise low pay 13 hr for non CDL 14 hr for CDL treated unfairly unorganized needs respect to get respect need better manager owner won't do any good to get company to move forward
Pros
Payed time off
Cons
Ceo won't get off his butt to do anything to keep drivers or warehouse workers
Incompetent management & terrible work environment
Driver (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYJune 24, 2017
Management runs around like chickens with out a head. Drivers would work more than they should have to due to lazy management. Incompetence, lazyness, and cry babies were generously rewarded. At first 14 hour days were required but than changed to half. Over time has been eliminated. Drivers CDL & non CDL are not paid what they are worth and expected to perform. Benefit package is poor. The dental & health insurance is terrible. 401K cannot be joined for a year or more. I do not recommend anyone work for this company. Weekly Custom Courier goes from bad to worse. *Newburgh facility
Pros
They at least have bathrooms even if no toiler paper
Cons
Terrible management, lousy pay, over worked.
rollercoaster ride everyday!
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  New York StateJune 15, 2017
you never know what each day brings. drivers and warehouse people are constantly fighting and threatening LTL drivers. Druggies work there and you slave for low paying positions. The turnaround is horrible. Management is ok, they seem to care about others. The most enjoyable part of each day was going home!
Dead end job
Former member (Former Employee) –  upstate nyJune 4, 2017
This is pretty much a dead end job. You cannot and will not advance (make more money). During the holiday season you'll be working 60+ hours a week. Going in at 4:30am every morning mostly. You'll have No personal life or time with family. And for only $12 an hour. The raises they give are only like $0.30. Driving a 28 ft truck is a skill and they don't wanna pay for it. They'll hire just anyone with a license. Just shows their integrity.
Pros
Cons
No benefits.
Not a good job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYMay 9, 2017
Got into a no fault accident and they fired me didn't pay any of my bills for medical. Was job less trying to find work for 2 months finally got something. But I had to get a lawyer to make them pay bills which they still aren't they are a sketchy company. I plan on getting an attorney again and sewing for everything they have
Pros
Cons
Management and insurance
custom couriers solutions
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 26, 2017
it started out difficult because there is a lot to learn. after that, it quickly got better. they moved to another location and didn't give a darn about their employees any more. management laid all of the responsibility on the driver and the place became a hostile place where the biggest guy stole the dock from the guy that was supposed to get it. on a daily basis I had to get nose-to-nose with guys twice my size and half my age because they were in my dock and didn't want to move.
If you're a great big guy with a criminal record and can fight, this place is for you. it's a great company for animals.
Fast Moving Company
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 23, 2017
This company is going places... if you like to work hard and be appreciated for it, Custom Courier is a great place to start. I would jump at the opportunity to work with them in the future.
Benefits
was great work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYFebruary 13, 2017
I enjoyed what I did, the work was simply easy an hard to forget an the other employees were great to work with, I learned that overnight delivery jobs are not easy but can be managed.
Productive and fun environment to work in.
Data Entry/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYJanuary 18, 2017
8 hours everyday Monday through Friday. Overtime was always available if wanted. Learned a lot about logistics. Improved my computer skills a lot. Management was very good. They were very understanding and respectable to their co-workers.
Fun work place at times
Overnight Driver (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 9, 2017
Management can do better in providing a break room and better work environment. I worked in a warehouse where in the summer time they need air conditioning an winter time heaters.
Work for chicken feed
underpaid driver (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYFebruary 21, 2016
If you like legalized slave labor for chicken feed salary , this is for you. Can't keep anyone , always looking for next victim.
Pros
nono
Cons
everything
You have to put in a hard days work, but that's what you get paid for.
Facities General Manager (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 15, 2016
Upper management are very committed to driving success; but as a former manager, you've got to ask for help when you need it.

A typical day has it's challenges, and you need support to ensure you have the right staff to meet and exceed your goals.

Your co-workers either have your back, or will do what it is they want because they have self-serving interest. For the most part my co-workers and independent contractors supported me.

The hardest part of the job was trying to keep everyone happy while operating short-handed. Sometimes constraints the customers placed on meeting their respective needs, wasn't always feasible. On a positive note, this drove the staff to think outside the box and find a way to say "yes, we can do that".

I found the most enjoyable part of the job was the day-to-day challenges that were presented to you. As the great Vince Lombardi once said, if you're not the winner, you're a loser. I would like to have made my team winners more often!

I would like to have an opportunity to work with this organization again... they're going places!
Pros
A growing Company with a tremendous amount of potential.
Cons
Not enough people to make it work the way the business model was designed.
Great workplace with open upward opportunity.
Director of IT (Former Employee) –  Remote. Most work is upstate NYOctober 21, 2015
I've worked with Custom several times over about 5 years. It's a very results driven culture. The management is very easy to work with because they are open to any ideas that can move the company and their customer base forward. The culture is very open and fair. People are treated fairly which is not always the case in this industry.

The other thing I wanted to mention is that when they recognize potential, they'll move you into a position with more responsibility and allow you to grow.

Great folks in general.
Small growing freight company
Accounts Payable/Receivable/Purchasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 16, 2015
Excellent company to work for. Great staff and senior leadership. Flexible hours and good team work. I learned a lot in a short time period and there is a lot of potential for growth.
Pros
Free coffee, flexible hours, casual envirnoment
Deal with vulgar language from the management - controller has no control!
Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 3, 2015
From the second you walk into the office you sit down and never stop working until it is time to leave! No matter how hard you work it is never good enough! Nothing is appreciated that you go out of your way to do to help the company. They spend way too much money and have 12 locations that all do the same. Management DOES NOT FOLLOW UP ON THEIR OTHER LOCATIONS. They just put their nose in your business.
YOU WILL ONLY BE PAID FOR 6 HOLIDAYS
NO SICK OR PERSONAL TIME
JUST BEFORE YOUR 90 DAY PROBATION IS UP THEY LET YOU GO AND RUN ANOTHER AD FOR YOUR POSITION......

There are only a very few people that you work with that are down to earth and nice.

The only enjoyable part of the job is leaving for the day!!!!
I can deal with swearing and they will ask you in your interview if you can handle it when you hear it. They will tell you that it is the drivers which is so not true. It is the Controller in the office area.
Pros
going home
Cons
6 holidays a year and no sick or personal time-Constant Swearing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Custom Courier Solutions, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9